PDA

View Full Version : Lance Broadway

ajismyhero
08-18-2008, 12:41 PM
So....he pitched pretty decently last week in his 2nd career start, and then got sent back down to Triple A. Now all the talk is centering around who's going to start tomorrow, and his name hasn't really been brought up at all. Anyone know why not? Does it have something to do with the amount of days between call-ups? If so, why exactly did we send him down....?

doublem23
08-18-2008, 12:41 PM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/tags.php?tag=lance+broadway

ajismyhero
08-18-2008, 01:06 PM
Thanks for the link, I read all of those threads, and no one has definitively answered the question as to whether or not a player has to remain in the minors for 10 days before being called up again.

Konerko05
08-18-2008, 01:08 PM
Thanks for the link, I read all of those threads, and no one has definitively answered the question as to whether or not a player has to remain in the minors for 10 days before being called up again.

Yes, he has to remain in the minors for 10 days before being called up again.

oeo
08-18-2008, 01:21 PM
So....he pitched pretty decently last week in his 2nd career start, and then got sent back down to Triple A. Now all the talk is centering around who's going to start tomorrow, and his name hasn't really been brought up at all. Anyone know why not? Does it have something to do with the amount of days between call-ups? If so, why exactly did we send him down....?

He was sent down for extra bullpen help. Seems like a moot point now, but better safe than sorry.

doublem23
08-18-2008, 01:47 PM

I believe that question was answered definitely 3-4 times in those threads. But the answer is yes, unless someone on the Sox goes on the DL, Broadway has to stay in the minors for 10 days.

ajismyhero
08-18-2008, 01:55 PM
I believe that question was answered definitely 3-4 times in those threads. But the answer is yes, unless someone on the Sox goes on the DL, Broadway has to stay in the minors for 10 days.

Well considering the one thread was all about him being sent down but still being able to make his next scheduled start, I would say that yes, the question was answered, but in a variety of different forms which is why I was looking for something a little more official. Thanks for clearing it up.

LoveYourSuit
08-18-2008, 02:33 PM

:scratch:

I thought since he is part of the 40 man roster this did not matter?

He could be called up the next day.

Konerko05
08-18-2008, 02:49 PM
:scratch:

I thought since he is part of the 40 man roster this did not matter?

He could be called up the next day.

Being on the 40 man roster only means that options will not be wasted when he is called up/sent down.

Adele_H
08-18-2008, 05:01 PM

I love that quote in your sig.

Paul Giamatti's dad is right.