PDA

View Full Version : Boston losing again

voodoochile
08-17-2008, 02:01 PM
Boston is getting shelled by toronto in the fourth 9-0. If the Carmines lose and the Sox win, the WC lead is 1/2 game and it'll be in the win column.

GO WHITE SOX!!!

arKnaD7
08-17-2008, 02:05 PM
What a difference a start makes

Beckett: 2.1 IP, 8 H, 8 R (all earned), 1 BB, 3 Ks, 1 HR allowed

rustysurf83
08-17-2008, 02:41 PM
I think Boston will continue to fade down the stretch. TB may as well, but will probably end up winning that division even with all of the injuries. This is good news for the Central, which I expect to take the Wild Card.

......oh yeah, **** you Seattle, thanks for nothing.

turners56
08-17-2008, 03:19 PM
What a difference a start makes

Beckett: 2.1 IP, 8 H, 8 R (all earned), 1 BB, 3 Ks, 1 HR allowed

Beckett tends to struggle at home it seems.

RockJock07
08-17-2008, 04:46 PM
It would be quite crazy to see the playoffs without the Red Sox or Yankee's. I get a feeling though that the Rays are gonna let this lead get away and let the Red Sox back in. Considering the Rays go to LA tomorrow then here that has a chance to really hurt them. Either way, one thing is for sure, the playoff races in baseball this season have been the best I can remember.

chisoxjtrain
08-17-2008, 10:50 PM
Damn shame

turners56
08-18-2008, 11:17 AM
It's too bad the first game got rained out. The Jays could of swept...

Fenway
08-18-2008, 12:08 PM
Boston is in full panic mode

http://www.bostonsportsmedia.com/2008/08/pats-sox-flop-on-sunday

The Boston Red Sox are 21-23 vs. the AL East
Wildcard Race Here We Come!

”Whew. That was a bad day." -- 8.17.08, Tito on Sunday bloody Sunday

http://bostondirtdogs.boston.com/2008/08/the_beckett_list.html

palehozenychicty
08-18-2008, 01:15 PM
I think they'll hang on and get in. Toronto has given them problems the last few years, so take it for what it's worth.

oeo
08-18-2008, 01:29 PM
I think they'll hang on and get in. Toronto has given them problems the last few years, so take it for what it's worth.

I think they'll take the Wild Card, too.

Everyone is ignoring the Twins pitching problems lately (specifically their bullpen). This upcoming road trip could be real trouble for them. They got through the Mariners because their pitching sucked, but they're not going to get through the Angels, the Blue Jays, or even the A's with bad pitching.

voodoochile
08-20-2008, 10:18 PM
And so did TB. Sox are ahead by 1/2 game in the WC race and 4 games back on the Rays. This weekend series could go a long way toward solidifying our playoff chances.

Fenway
08-20-2008, 10:34 PM
And so did TB. Sox are ahead by 1/2 game in the WC race and 4 games back on the Rays. This weekend series could go a long way toward solidifying our playoff chances.

Actually Boston leads the Twins by a half game and NYY is 5.5 back.

Boston middle relief is simply awful right now. Still I think in the end the 2 week road trip will knock the Twins out with Boston getting WC and Chicago winning the Central.

Also in play now is best record as Tampa and Anaheim are tied.

IF Tampa gets best record and Boston the WC then then Boston would play Anaheim and Chicago would play Tampa.

Same applies if Anaheim has top record and Tampa finishes second best.

voodoochile
08-20-2008, 11:00 PM
Actually Boston leads the Twins by a half game and NYY is 5.5 back.

Boston middle relief is simply awful right now. Still I think in the end the 2 week road trip will knock the Twins out with Boston getting WC and Chicago winning the Central.

Also in play now is best record as Tampa and Anaheim are tied.

IF Tampa gets best record and Boston the WC then then Boston would play Anaheim and Chicago would play Tampa.

Same applies if Anaheim has top record and Tampa finishes second best.

Yeah, I know we aren't the WC, just nice to have options.

Oh and you better hope the Twinkies fall apart on their lengthy road trip because your schedule is murder the rest of the season. Nothing but ALE teams and Chicago. You've got one series with Texas (never a gimme the way they hit) and a 4-game set with Cleveland.

5 teams could finish above .500 in the ALE this year. That would be amazing. Toronto is 2 games back of the Yankees and including the 10 games against the Jay's you've got 27 games left against potential playoff teams. That's just insane. You want the playoffs, Fenway, you're going to have to earn them.

Fenway
08-20-2008, 11:19 PM
Yeah, I know we aren't the WC, just nice to have options.

Oh and you better hope the Twinkies fall apart on their lengthy road trip because your schedule is murder the rest of the season. Nothing but ALE teams and Chicago. You've got one series with Texas (never a gimme the way they hit) and 4 with Cleveland.

5 teams could finish above .500 in the ALE this year. That would be amazing. Toronto is 2 games back of the Yankees and including the 10 games against the Jay's you've got 27 games left against potential playoff teams. That's just insane. You want the playoffs, Fenway, you're going to have to earn them.

Oh I know. The 6 games in Toronto could be our downfall as they don't play well there or at The Trop.

One huge problem is Ellsbury who unnamed scouts have been telling the Boston media can not hit a MLB fastball.

Boston is doomed unless middle-relief is fixed and I can't seem them pulling off a waiver deal.

tstrike2000
08-20-2008, 11:28 PM
No Boston + No New York in 2008 MLB Playoffs = :)

thomas35forever
08-20-2008, 11:46 PM
No Boston + No New York in 2008 MLB Playoffs = :)
It also equals mass hangings at a certain cable network stationed in Bristol, Connecticut.

tstrike2000
08-20-2008, 11:59 PM
It also equals mass hangings at a certain cable network stationed in Bristol, Connecticut.

Yeah, but it won't matter anyway. Minnesota will tail off and Boston will get the WC.

hawkjt
08-21-2008, 12:13 AM
This weekend is definitely a playoff preview. The Rays are playing great ball despite injuries and the Sox are also. Crede,Jose,and Liney out for the sox but being picked up by others. The Rays have lost crawford and longoria but others are picking them up.
Boston is the champ and will not go quietly into any nite.
Its down to Boston,Twins and White Sox for 2 spots with 36 games to play. Strap it down.

doublem23
08-21-2008, 12:28 AM
Its down to Boston,Twins and White Sox for 2 spots with 36 games to play. Strap it down.

With Crawford and Longoria missing, I wouldn't exactly carve the Rays into the play-offs on a stone tablet quite yet.

Nellie_Fox
08-21-2008, 12:45 AM
With Crawford and Longoria missing, I wouldn't exactly carve the Rays into the play-offs on a stone tablet quite yet.Maybe not, but they haven't exactly stumbled with those guys out, either.

gobears1987
08-21-2008, 01:06 AM
Luckily, there is plenty of co-ax to go around.

voodoochile
08-21-2008, 10:00 AM
With Crawford and Longoria missing, I wouldn't exactly carve the Rays into the play-offs on a stone tablet quite yet.

Between now and the final week of the season, they play nothing but playoff contenders with the exception of one 3 game set against Baltimore next week. Then the final week of the season 8 games all on the road against Baltimore and Detroit, so like Boston, if they want to make the playoffs they are going to have to earn it.

turners56
08-21-2008, 10:37 AM
Between now and the final week of the season, they play nothing but playoff contenders with the exception of one 3 game set against Baltimore next week. Then the final week of the season 8 games all on the road against Baltimore and Detroit, so like Boston, if they want to make the playoffs they are going to have to earn it.

Nothing would be better than seeing either the Rays or Red Sox falter (I hope it's the Red Sox) so the we could have a wild card spot to lean on.

voodoochile
08-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Nothing would be better than seeing either the Rays or Red Sox falter (I hope it's the Red Sox) so the we could have a wild card spot to lean on.

All those ALE teams could finish the season on a .500 run as they beat the snot out of each other in a quest to make the playoffs.

palehozenychicty
08-21-2008, 11:34 AM
All those ALE teams could finish the season on a .500 run as they beat the snot out of each other in a quest to make the playoffs.

That could definitely happen. This September will be something else. I can't wait. :D: