PDA

View Full Version : Glavine Done for Season, Possibly Career

PKalltheway
08-16-2008, 08:22 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=3538738

Hopefully he won't need the Tommy John surgery, but if this ends up being it for Glavine, congrats to him on a hell of a career, and I look forward to seeing him inducted into the Hall of Fame. A true class act.

gobears1987
08-16-2008, 09:34 PM
It sucks for him. I'm just glad I got to witness history when he won #300. Too bad the ****ing Flub fans didn't recognize the historic moment and left early.

doublem23
08-16-2008, 09:37 PM
He, Maddux, and Smoltz should all hang it up together after this year so they can go into the Hall together.

Or, if not, the BBWAA should rig the voting to ensure the 3 of them enter together. They get so much **** wrong, it'd be nice of them to get something right.

RockRiversoxfan
08-16-2008, 10:15 PM
It sucks for him. I'm just glad I got to witness history when he won #300. Too bad the ****ing Flub fans didn't recognize the historic moment and left early.

I was there to. Sat a row behind Mets GM Omar Minaya. It was a shame alot of fans left early. I stayed till the end though

gobears1987
08-16-2008, 10:32 PM
He, Maddux, and Smoltz should all hang it up together after this year so they can go into the Hall together.

Has there every been another case where one team has had 3 Hall of Fame starters as a part of their rotation? It's hard to believe they didn't win more World Series.

You are right that it would be neat if all three entered the same year wearing Braves hats.

Nellie_Fox
08-17-2008, 01:16 AM
Has there every been another case where one team has had 3 Hall of Fame starters as a part of their rotation? '30 Cardinals, Dizzy Dean, Dazzy Vance, Burleigh Grimes.

'29 Yankees, Waite Hoyt, Stan Covelevski, Herb Pennock.

'31 Yankees, Lefty Gomez, Waite Hoyt, Red Ruffing.

'48 Indians, Bob Feller, Bob Lemon, Early Wynn, Satchell Paige.

Those are just a few, and many of those combinations were together for more than one year.