PDA

View Full Version : Hawk and DJ

RockRiversoxfan
08-16-2008, 08:21 PM
A couple of years ago somebody i know who works at WCIU was able to get Hawk and Dj's autographs for me. They work nice quick notes on offical white sox stationary. Has anybody here met them? are they nice?

BigP50
08-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I would love to meet Hawk and DJ

esbrechtel
08-16-2008, 11:47 PM
I met them at Soxfest last year. I told Hawk I was disappointed he wasn't wearing a Hawaiian shirt and he told me it was a bit too nippy for that. Then I had DJ sign an authentic baseball and I asked if he would write Uh-Oh! on the ball and he just cracked up. I then told him that he was my favorite person for doing that and he told me that he probably wasn't going to use the "Uh-oh" call anymore. The guys were awesome.

Rockabilly
08-16-2008, 11:49 PM
I got to meet Hawk at Sox fest twice.. I was lucky enough to have a beer with him the first year and couldn't believe he remember my name 2 years later..

hi im skot
08-17-2008, 01:45 AM
I met them at Soxfest last year. I told Hawk I was disappointed he wasn't wearing a Hawaiian shirt and he told me it was a bit too nippy for that. Then I had DJ sign an authentic baseball and I asked if he would write Uh-Oh! on the ball and he just cracked up. I then told him that he was my favorite person for doing that and he told me that he probably wasn't going to use the "Uh-oh" call anymore. The guys were awesome.

So did he write it on there or not?

:smile:

WSox597
08-17-2008, 08:14 AM
I got to meet Hawk at Sox fest twice.. I was lucky enough to have a beer with him the first year and couldn't believe he remember my name 2 years later..

I can hear him now, "Rockabilly....YES!!"

:D:

soxfanreggie
08-17-2008, 12:50 PM
I've had the pleasure of meeting both several times. DJ, first back when he was a player, and Hawk over the years as an announcer. Both have exuded nothing but class. Say what you will about their announcing abilities (and I have had my criticisms like others), but they have been great ambassadors for the Sox.

thomas35forever
08-17-2008, 01:29 PM
:hawk
"Boy I tell ya Fiesty, those folks over at WSI sure love meeting us."

:DJ
*awkward silence*

Konerko05
08-18-2008, 12:48 PM

So you met Hawk or Ken Harrelson?

:hawk
COME ON KEN! Step aside and let Hawk captivate his fans.