PDA

View Full Version : MLB postseason question

RockRiversoxfan
08-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Does anybody happen to know why they are allowed to broadcast postseason games on a teams radio station and not on there tv station?

anewman35
08-16-2008, 04:50 PM
Does anybody happen to know why they are allowed to broadcast postseason games on a teams radio station and not on there tv station?

Because that's how MLB chose to sell the rights.

DumpJerry
08-16-2008, 10:40 PM
Not all teams own THEIR television station.

MLB determines television rights for postseason, I guess they let the teams use their flagship stations for radio since there isn't as much $$$$ in radio.

I want Mags back
08-16-2008, 10:42 PM
Not all teams own THEIR television station.

I didnt realize the Sox owned WSCR :tongue:

DumpJerry
08-16-2008, 10:44 PM
I didnt realize the Sox owned WSCR :tongue:
They don't. Where did you get that impression?

I want Mags back
08-16-2008, 10:49 PM
They don't. Where did you get that impression?

I dont have that impression

You said not all teams own there TV stations, giving the impression that teams owned their radio station. Well I think the Angels are the only team that owns there radio station.

EDIT: wait, now I see. You were making fun of the their-there thing. nevermind, carry on

DumpJerry
08-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I dont have that impression

You said not all teams own there TV stations, giving the impression that teams owned their radio station. Well I think the Angels are the only team that owns there radio station.

EDIT: wait, now I see. You were making fun of the their-there thing. nevermind, carry on
Classic.