PDA

View Full Version : 2009 schedule

Harry Potter
08-16-2008, 10:39 AM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, but according to an article by Mark Gonzalez, the prelim 2009 schedule has the Sox playing the Dodgers, Pirates, and Cubs at home next year, while traveling to play the Cubs, Reds, and the Brewers.

If that holds, I'm glad the Brewers are finally back on the schedule but wonder why we get the Pirates yet again. Say all you want about the Pirates being "easy wins", I'm all for mixing it up a bit...

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-080815-clayton-richard-white-sox-rotation,1,1280747.story

Dibbs
08-16-2008, 10:43 AM
I am not going to complain about the Pirates as long as we play in Milwaukee. That is the only reason I complained about the Pirates in the first place....it's a win-win if this holds true.

Rockabilly
08-16-2008, 10:46 AM
It's about time we play the Brewers...

MCHSoxFan
08-16-2008, 11:09 AM
I am not going to complain about the Pirates as long as we play in Milwaukee. That is the only reason I complained about the Pirates in the first place....it's a win-win if this holds true.

Yeah. I am for sure gonna drive up to MIL with my dad and brother to see em.

BigP50
08-16-2008, 11:26 AM
I have to get tix for that game Brewers game

gogosox16
08-16-2008, 01:28 PM
So is MLB trying to get a rivalry with the Sox and Pirates. What's next, the Sox playing them six times a year and the Cubs 3 times a year?

champagne030
08-16-2008, 02:16 PM
I love it. FINALLY get to back to Milwaukee and see the Sox play a non-exhibition game.

Cincinnati was very cool too. I stayed in Covington, across the river, and it had some great German/Irish type pubs.

It's not LA/SF/SD/NY/DC, but I can live with that. I've been to NY and DC way too many times already, although, not the new ballparks. Now, if they could schedule my Dewey Beach trip around Baltimore, it will be a great summer to follow the Sox on the road.

kevingrt
08-16-2008, 03:43 PM
I love seeing the Brewers on the schedule for next year. My boss has season tickets to the Brew Crew. I will most likely be up there for all three games. Hello Potawatami! :bandance:

thomas35forever
08-16-2008, 05:17 PM
Maybe next year I'll FINALLY be able to experience Miller Park then. Yeah, it's sad that I haven't yet.

gogosox16
08-16-2008, 06:18 PM
Maybe next year I'll FINALLY be able to experience Miller Park then. Yeah, it's sad that I haven't yet.
same. I went for a tour there when I was up in Wisconsin for a hockey tournament, but I've never been to a game.

chisoxmike
08-16-2008, 06:32 PM
Many people on here won't know who to root for when the Sox play the Brewers.

chisoxmike
08-16-2008, 06:32 PM

It's nothing special.

Marqhead
08-16-2008, 06:48 PM
It's nothing special.

I disagree, I think Miller park is a great experience. Great place for tailgating, great ballpark food and an incredible stadium. If I have one thing against it, it would be that the place can get a little sterile when the dome is closed.
Oh - and Brewers fans are annoying. Otherwise, I think its a fun place to go see a ballgame.

spongyfungy
08-16-2008, 07:04 PM
I'll be going to miller. Awesome. Went to Cincy in '06 which was a cool experience

LongLiveFisk
08-16-2008, 10:18 PM

I haven't been there yet either. WSI road trip! :D:

DumpJerry
08-16-2008, 10:26 PM
I have a gut feeling there will be more than one game with the Brew Crew up there. Possibly as many as three games.

jenn2080
08-16-2008, 10:33 PM

IT is not that great. Tailgating is fun though.

DumpJerry
08-16-2008, 10:50 PM
It's nothing special.

IT is not that great. Tailgating is fun though.
Yeah, Miller Park is a dump. Makes Wrigley look like the best place in the world to watch baseball. Don't bother going there to save your sanity and sensibility.

*jumps onto the Brewers' website to buy tickets which are suddenly not being snatched up by White Sox fans who read WSI*

esbrechtel
08-16-2008, 11:48 PM
I hope they play the Brew Crew I really want to go to Miller Park!

gobears1987
08-17-2008, 12:47 AM
I really love having the Dodgers going to USCF in 2009. I can guarantee you right now that one of those games will be a "turn back the clock" day to mark the 50th anniversary of the 1959 World Series.

Thumbs up to MLB for making sure we play LA in 2009.

I want another of these at the turn back the clock game.

:walkoff:

Viva Medias B's
08-17-2008, 12:52 AM
I am thrilled at the prospect of playing the Crew, but I wish we were playing the Cardinals in St. Louis. I'd love to see us play at the new Busch Stadium.

LongLiveFisk
08-17-2008, 09:39 AM
I am thrilled at the prospect of playing the Crew, but I wish we were playing the Cardinals in St. Louis. I'd love to see us play at the new Busch Stadium.

I'm sure that's on the horizon....I was hoping the Sox would be playing at Citizens Bank in Philly next year, but I think they were just there not too long ago.

FoulTerritory
08-17-2008, 10:55 AM
What is going on with the interleague scheduling now? It used to be that, with the exception of a team's rival, the divisions rotated playing each other on a year to year basis. So, we'd play the central one year, then the west, then the east, then the central et al.

Now it seems like MLB is pulling matchups out of a hat.

SaltyPretzel
08-17-2008, 11:07 AM
I'm sure that's on the horizon....I was hoping the Sox would be playing at Citizens Bank in Philly next year, but I think they were just there not too long ago.

Last year actually. I went with my dad and had absolutely nothing to cheer about both games we went to.

hawkjt
08-17-2008, 11:27 AM
I hope it is in late June so a little Summerfest sidetrip is also do-able.
My dream is that it will be an early re-match of the 2008 World Series.
Perfect scenario...Sox take out twins in ALCS and Brewers take out the Cubs in NLCS. How sweetttt that would be.
I still think an annual upper midwest baseball tourny with Sox vs Brewers&cubs for three and twins vs brewers &Cubs for three instead of Twins/brewers for six and cubs/sox for six makes sense.

RockJock07
08-17-2008, 04:54 PM

If this is indeed true, I would hopefully be at all 3 games. I love Miller Park and the Brewers are a very solid team.

RockJock07
08-17-2008, 04:57 PM
I disagree, I think Miller park is a great experience. Great place for tailgating, great ballpark food and an incredible stadium. If I have one thing against it, it would be that the place can get a little sterile when the dome is closed.
Oh - and Brewers fans are annoying. Otherwise, I think its a fun place to go see a ballgame.

Agree, it's a great place to tailgate and a nice place overall to see a game. Most of my family is from Milwaukee and my GF graduated from Marquette so I like to get up there as much as I can and to see the Sox play up there would be sweet.

I want Mags back
08-17-2008, 10:30 PM

me too, especially since one of housemates is from St. Louis and I'd for sure have a ticket and place to stay if I went down to see him

PaleHoser
08-18-2008, 12:58 AM
Is it too soon to lobby to have the Sox skip the three trips to the Metrodome next year?

jcw218
08-18-2008, 01:35 AM
I still think an annual upper midwest baseball tourny with Sox vs Brewers&cubs for three and twins vs brewers &Cubs for three instead of Twins/brewers for six and cubs/sox for six makes sense.

It would make too much sense for that to happen and The Sox/cubs series makes too much $$$ for MLB to shorten it.

nccwsfan
08-18-2008, 07:31 AM
Many people on here won't know who to root for when the Sox play the Brewers.

I don't think I'll have much of a problem with this. The Brewer fans are pretty darn obnoxious as well- they can be tolerated b/c we want to see them beat up the other team from Chicago.

Pittsburgh again? Really????

ramorgan1
08-18-2008, 07:56 AM
County Stadium was sooo much better than Miller Park. The only time I've been to Miller Park was that opening exhibition series vs the White Sox, then the firs official game versus the Red Sox... wasn't a fan of the stadium though

Over By There
08-18-2008, 08:01 AM
So it looks like the Central gets the Central next year? I am really hoping for a series in Houston...

BringBackBlkJack
08-18-2008, 08:06 AM
Damn, I was hoping for them to catch Atlanta on the road for my own selfish pleasure. And with the way the Braves have been playing it's pretty much a guaranteed 2 of 3.

doublem23
08-18-2008, 08:31 AM
Pittsburgh again? Really????

They could play every interleague game against the Pirates, for all I care.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/games/head2head-games.cgi?team1=CHW&team2=PIT&from=1901&to=2008

nccwsfan
08-18-2008, 08:40 AM
They could play every interleague game against the Pirates, for all I care.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/games/head2head-games.cgi?team1=CHW&team2=PIT&from=1901&to=2008

From a competitive standpoint I get it. It's 2 to 3 wins and we'll take them where we can get them, but it's a boring matchup that seems to perpetuate itself.

skottyj242
08-18-2008, 08:43 AM
While the Miller Park games will be fun, I am looking forward to going back to Cincy. What a fun town.

doublem23
08-18-2008, 08:43 AM
From a competitive standpoint I get it. It's 2 to 3 wins and we'll take them where we can get them, but it's a boring matchup that seems to perpetuate itself.

I'm willing to give away a few more "exciting" games in the middle of the summer if it means more exciting baseball in September and October. :cool:

Bring on the Pirates, MLB!

whitesox901
08-18-2008, 11:25 AM
I hope we do play in Cincy, that would be a nice road trip in June down from Oregon, bout a 3-4 hour drive

Kwik10z
08-19-2008, 09:23 AM
you better believe that if the White Sox play the Reds next year in Cincy, i will get me two front row (field seats) to the game...i am in Dayton, ohio (45 mins from Cincinnati)....so hopefully i can meet a few of you fine folks!

ramorgan1
08-19-2008, 09:32 AM
So it looks like the Central gets the Central next year? I am really hoping for a series in Houston...

Me too... since I moved to Houston in December 2007 and had to give up my Sox season tix :(

ramorgan1
08-19-2008, 09:33 AM
While the Miller Park games will be fun, I am looking forward to going back to Cincy. What a fun town.

And romantic... I got engaged when I took my (now wife) on a camping trip to cincy to see the sox play the reds... the rest, as they say, is history.

08-19-2008, 09:34 AM
Why the stinking Pirates every year?