thomas35forever
08-15-2008, 11:52 PM
Why the hell in Oakland?! Why?!:angry::angry::angry:

EuroSox35
08-15-2008, 11:53 PM
Octavio Do****Yourself

peelwonder
It ain't ****ing Oakland....it's ****ty ass play....

PeteWard
Dotel has to be the goat here.

DoItForDanPasqua
Ouch. Bullpen blows it.

Viva Medias B's
We lost. So what. Don't get me wrong, I am really pissed off at how we lost tonight. But I am not about to piss in my pants and think we ought to hand the division to the Twins on a silver platter. Before all you chicken littles get onto the ledge, get a grip.

CMPDragRacing
****ing cant even finish a post in that damn thread. itchy trigger fingers you all have

as i was trying to say in the last thread....

You know, a runner on first would not necessarily be a bad thing here. A subsequent ground ball would get us out of the inning.

he shoulda walked him.

you gotta be ****ing kidding me. i swear to god.

next year
uribe - gone
dj - gone
and ****ing dotel he should get sent packing NOW

chisoxmike
Enraging. Epic, really. Really stupid baseball team.

:angry:

Rockabilly
I can't believe we ****in loss this game..

the bullpen suck.

Sockinchisox
That was depressing, I really ****ing hate Jack Cust.

JB98
Every game we play in that stadium ends with Oakland jumping around and celebrating a walk-off win.

We're gonna get swept this weekend. The whole team has a complex about that place.

peelwonder
Why Carrasco in the 9th?

Has he shown to be a guy to really trust?

kruzer31
should of walked him to set up the DP

hi im skot
That's Oakland for you.

soltrain21
08-15-2008, 11:54 PM
I don't want to hear the "only in Oakland" bull****. ****ty play is what happen today. ****ing awful.

Blueprint1
There is no good reason why we lost that game. This team has to learn how to win on the road. This is the worst team in the AL and we lost. We lost last week to to KC now the A's total crap.

OmahaSoxFan
As sad as that was, it was expected.... The sox blew goats tonight, and this one could be a killer after the mini-win streak... this sucks! This one hurts bad, but they deserved to lose this game, anyone that thinks otherwise didn't watch the crap that was put on the field the last two innings. Dotel, BA and Alexi's bad baserunning, and a walk-off bomb, what a mess! I hope this team can rebound, but this was bad! :angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:

Cuck the Fubs
We lost. So what.

Thank you very much for your reasoning!

Relax people

Frater Perdurabo
This was an inexcusable loss.

**** You, Dotel.

**** You, defense, for another game with two ****ing errors.

**** You, Bullpen.

**** You, Jack Cust.

**** You, Oakland.

peelwonder

Except for Eric Patterson is fast....

hi im skot
Octavio Do****Yourself

I suggest doing same yourself.

ndgt10
Sit back and laugh. This team is a joke on the road. We better have a 4game lead win we go to the Twinkie dome because they will sweep us easily.

joebro25
Typical Oakland game. Bull**** excuse but Hawk certainly felt it was adequate. :mad:

sox1970
This is a game you look back on if you lose by one.

Just awful baseball.

SoxSpeed22
Only in ****ING Oakland. :angry:

hi im skot
08-15-2008, 11:55 PM

Patterson is fast.

Rockabilly
08-15-2008, 11:56 PM
we better win the next 2 games in Oakland than sweep Seattle at home..

thomas35forever
Sit back and laugh. This team is a joke on the road. We better have a 4game lead win we go to the Twinkie dome because they will sweep us easily.
Why should we laugh? With games like this, we won't be going anywhere. No one on this forum is sleeping easy tonight.

LoveYourSuit
Why Carrasco in the 9th?

Has he shown to be a guy to really trust?

Who did you want?

PeteWard
08-15-2008, 11:57 PM

Relax people

No this game means that the Sox will be swept, go into a tailspin and be prison bitches for the road warrior Twins throughout eternity.

The gamethread was even worse. Someone please enlighten me: are the Sox in last place?

WhiteSoxOnly
I cannot remember being this ****ing pissed off after a game.
God dammit that was a total circle jerk.****ing Dotel,Cox
AJ for calling that 0-2 pitch in the eighth,god damn bullpen
pile of ****...another place where we **** all over thew field.
And Oakland sucks.It's not like we lost to anybody good.:angry:

EuroSox35
I suggest doing same yourself.

Whether a win or loss, the same ****ing people make it about the posters, what a shock

OmahaSoxFan
Why should we laugh? With games like this, we won't be going anywhere. No one on this forum is sleeping easy tonight.

This Sox team has found ways to lose games the last few weeks, and if it continues this team won't go any where, well put!

hi im skot

epic eyeroll.

BeviBall!
We come in expecting to lose and look what happens. We lose. Our defeatist attitude here is inexcusable.

Viva Medias B's
08-15-2008, 11:58 PM
Will you people relax? Sure I'm pissed we lost, and I would have no problem DFAing Dotel who has proven to be useless when the game is on the line. Yet, I am not going to panic over this game tonight at all. We are going to win this division. Get that straight right ****ing now.

PeoriaSoxFan
This loss sucks beyond belief. We can't win a division playing like this. BTW, can we ever use Jenks in a non-save situation? Thank god, we have all of these ex-KC relievers.

CHISOXFAN13
We lost. So what. Don't get me wrong, I am really pissed off at how we lost tonight. But I am not about to piss in my pants and think we ought to hand the division to the Twins on a silver platter. Before all you chicken littles get onto the ledge, get a grip.

This coming from the guy who wants to release Dotel. LOL. Funny.

Tragg
08-15-2008, 11:59 PM
Dotel did what Dotel does - give up home runs. Can't blame him. He's had a lot of key Ks for us (the Boston game, e.g.). Where he's really useful is in a situation that Carrasco was in - where we need a K and a homer doesn't hurt us anymore than a fly ball would. That's not Carrasco's best situation.

With bases open, why are giving Suzuki anything to hit?

This "We don't play well in Oakland" stuff is for the birds. They better learn how to play quickly. Oakland's terrible. Leadership.

hi im skot
Whether a win or loss, the same ****ing people make it about the posters, what a shock

People who are willing to turn on this team so quickly should be called out. And I'll do it every time whether you like it or not.

popilius
Unnacceptable!:angry:

I can't understand why someone would think that this loss is acceptable. This season's going down to the wire. . . EVERY SINGLE game counts. Many divisions and pennants in the past have gone to the last weekend or the last game. Playoff teams are the ones who win these games. Teams who end up in second place don't. If the game is close, we have to take it, and we blew this one.

Vernam
This was an inexcusable loss.

**** You, Jack Cust.That's the one that really gets me. That prick is about the most one-dimensional player around, yet we keep giving him the opportunity to do that one thing, which is to hit fastballs a long way.

We've had some disgusting losses this year, but that game has to be right up there. :puking:

Vernam

sox1970
Will you people relax? Sure I'm pissed we lost, and I would have no problem DFAing Dotel who has proven to be useless when the game is on the line. Yet, I am not going to panic over this game tonight at all. We are going to win this division. Get that straight right ****ing now.

Oh, ok. Thanks for talking everyone off the ledge. :rolleyes:

PeteWard

I'm on this forum and I think I will sleep ok. :cool:

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2008, 12:00 AM
Floyd deserves some scorn, too. Yes, he only gave up one earned run. Be he consistently got ahead of hitters, only to then throw a bunch of balls and fell behind in many counts. He threw too many pitches too quickly and didn't go deep enough into the game. Consequently, our horse-**** bullpen again was overexposed and overused.

LoveYourSuit

Relax people

We can't win on the road. PERIOD!

This is why no one "should relax."

No too many championships are won with the way we play on the road.

Everyone loves living in the past and 2005, that right there should remind people about what a killer instinct on the road will do for you.

Irishsox1
Dotel sucking hurt but it's the two lamo's Ozzie brought in in the 9th that don't deserve to be on this team. With Leinbrink down, the Sox have nobody that can hold a tie on the road.

AnkleSox
It's a good thing that Dotel is only about stats, because he won't get the loss tonight.

PeteWard
08-16-2008, 12:01 AM
This loss sucks beyond belief. We can't win a division playing like this. BTW, can we ever use Jenks in a non-save situation? Thank god, we have all of these ex-KC relievers.

And can the Twins win the division giving up a ten spot to the Mariners in the 8th with a lead? It's one game. A damn ****ty game they should have won, but this never happens to the Twins, does it?

TomBradley72
We must lead the league in:

Letting up big hits on 0-2 counts
Letting up big hits on curveballs to guys who can't catch up to the fastball
Letting up big hits on fastballs to guys who can't hit the curve
Being completely shut down by opposing no name pitcher who can throw a change up
Tonight is the reason we're a 90-92 win team not a 95-97 win team.

hi im skot
It's a good thing that Dotel is only about stats, because he won't get the loss tonight.

What does that even mean? :?:

White_Sock
08-16-2008, 12:02 AM
:dtroll::dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:
:dtroll:HOUSE OF HORRORS:dtroll:
:dtroll::dtroll::dtroll::dtroll:

Rockabilly
we better have at least a 5 game lead, when we play the Twins in late sept because we can't win at that ballpark...

Frankfan4life
Ouch. Bullpen blows it.http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:PAk99o-sXvDRoM:http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/MorganJoe2.06-Headshot.jpg

It's still the best bullpen I have ever seen.

BeviBall!

That's AJ's game calling... which has sucked huge balls since 2006.

turners56
OMFG, up 3-0 in the first and we lose? This team just doesn't know what add-on runs on. You can't let the other team hang around. I absolutley hate Ozzie's bullpen management on the road, why not bring in Jenks in the 9th after Ramirez sucked? Jeez, no wonder we suck on the road...Oh yea, nice 0-2 bp fastball Octavio.

thomas35forever
Dotel sucking hurt but it's the two lamo's Ozzie brought in in the 9th that don't deserve to be on this team. With Leinbrink down, the Sox have nobody that can hold a tie on the road.
Have you not seen Carrasco? He's done well filling the seventh-inning role since he's been here. He's also reliable in long relief. Anyone who thinks Carrasco hasn't done **** this year hasn't been watching enough games.

soltrain21
08-16-2008, 12:03 AM
Floyd deserves some scorn, too. Yes, he only gave up one earned run. Be he consistently got ahead of hitters, only to then throw a bunch of balls and fell behind in many counts. He threw too many pitches too quickly and didn't go deep enough into the game. Consequently, our horse-**** bullpen again was overexposed and overused.

I highlighted the main point of your post. Nope, sorry - he pitched well enough to win.

JB98

Ideally, Thornton would be that guy, but the Sox had to use him to get through the sixth and seventh innings tonight.

DoItForDanPasqua
It seems the Dotel is either unhittable or very hittable. You can tell right away. I knew after he gave up that first homer that there was more trouble on its way. ****, this one hurts. The Sox are going to have to start winning on the road.

PeteWard
We come in expecting to lose and look what happens. We lose. Our defeatist attitude here is inexcusable.

Who exactly is "we"? The Sox who came in and got three in the first?

Hendu
Absolute crap. We get a team that's playing some of the worst baseball in the AL and has almost no power, knowing Minny has already won, and still **** ourselves. 4 home runs? :angry:

C'mon we better be ready to go the rest of this series.

Viva Medias B's
This thread has more dark clouds than Oak Lawn did on April 21, 1967.

TomBradley72
We can't win on the road. PERIOD!

This is why no one "should relax."

No too many championships are won with the way we play on the road.

Everyone loves living in the past and 2005, that right there should remind people about what a killer instinct on the road will do for you.

We might win our division. But we're NOT a championship team. Below average defense, can't manufacture runs...we're pretty good when we're mashing...but we're not a championship type team.

LoveYourSuit
08-16-2008, 12:04 AM

Floyd would have been lit up had he faced a capable offense. Look what happend vs Boston the other day.

Not getting thru the 6th inning was crucial and un-acceptable to me. Minimize your damn pitch counts and stop going from 0-2 to 3-2 on everyone.

Our bullpen is very medicore without a healthy Linebrink. The key is for our starters to get us min 6+ every night and at some point start giving us 7.

CMPDragRacing
Patterson is fast.

walk suzuki and patterson, load the bases. at that point who cares. put a force at 4 bases

JB98
That's AJ's game calling... which has sucked huge balls since 2006.

I disagree. The pitch execution was horse****.

Blueprint1
Our last 4 series on the road we are 4-7 that is not going to get the job done. Sadly that is against the Tigers, Twins, Royals, and Oakland only one of these teams have above .500 records. One of the teams is in last place and we lost 2/3 to that team. We have to win some series on the road.

hi im skot
OMFG, up 3-0 in the first and we lose? This team just doesn't know what add-on runs on. You can't let the other team hang around. I absolutley hate Ozzie's bullpen management on the road, why not bring in Jenks in the 9th after Ramirez sucked? Jeez, no wonder we suck on the road...Oh yea, nice 0-2 bp fastball Octavio.

Suzuki sits on a fastball and hits a flyball, which is going to be easier to do when Jenks supplies most of the power.

Ozzie isn't to blame tonight. Dotel had a rare poor outing, and the offense went to sleep after the first inning.

Frater Perdurabo

Aren't we so glad that the Sox didn't need any bullpen help, which gave us the ability to trade for another DH to add to the CF platoon? :angry:

DoItForDanPasqua

I assure you that everyone knows what you are talking about.

BeviBall!
08-16-2008, 12:05 AM
Who exactly is "we"? The Sox who came in and got three in the first?

And did nothing off the guy the rest of the game.

Viva Medias B's
This could be the night/early morning the Ranger goes Jay Marvin on someone.

Frankie5Angels
Typical game that we play in Oakland. This team will not win anything if it doesn't start winning on the road. It's that simple.

WhiteSoxOnly
And these dumb ****ers are in first,unbelieveable.

BeviBall!

Oh, please elaborate.

popilius
http://tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:PAk99o-sXvDRoM:http://weblogs.newsday.com/sports/watchdog/blog/MorganJoe2.06-Headshot.jpg

It's still the best bullpen I have ever seen.

HA! That's a good one. . . I forgot all about that!

:gulp:

Blueprint1
08-16-2008, 12:06 AM
Suzuki sits on a fastball and hits a flyball, which is going to be easier to do when Jenks supplies most of the power.

Ozzie isn't to blame tonight. Dotel had a rare poor outing, and the offense went to sleep after the first inning.

I agree the Offence went into Operation Shut down after the first.

LoveYourSuit

Get a clue man.

There is a difference between dark clouds and being pissed about a bad night.

Adele_H
**** this bull****; where is my mother****ing sweep! :angry:

Another moronic, chokalious effort away from USCF. I see Juan Uribe is carrying on the Joe Crede tradition of ****ing up pop-ups at the Colliseum with style. Gavin Floyd still can't pitch over a mistake. And when will Don "The Fixer" Cooper be called to the mat for his key relievers (Dotel & Thornton) getting progressively worse at throwing a breaking ball in big situations? Oh and Alexei, any time you want to remove your head from your ass on the basepaths will be fine by me!

****, ****, ****.

nccwsfan
Bad defense, bad baserunning, and a HORRIBLE bullpen outing tonight- a bad game is a bad game buy why does this ALWAYS seem to happen in Oakland?!?!? The players better be pissed over the way they played tonight.

It's one game- go get em' tomorrow.

hi im skot

The nerve!

Get off the bandwagon, pal.

Viva Medias B's
I assure you that everyone knows what you are talking about.

You have a point. I overestimated the intelligence of people who flood postgame threads with inane posts after tough losses.

PeteWard
walk suzuki and patterson, load the bases. at that point who cares. put a force at 4 bases

Yeah but you would still most likely have to make that same throw to home because of the speed. It's a 50-50 call to me.

Frater Perdurabo
Absolute crap. We get a team that's playing some of the worst baseball in the AL and has almost no power, knowing Minny has already won, and still **** ourselves. 4 home runs? :angry:

C'mon we better be ready to go the rest of this series.

What's worse?

A. The A's offense, that had only 88 home runs this year?

B. The Sox bullpen that gives up three home runs to them in one game?

TomBradley72
Ideally, Thornton would be that guy, but the Sox had to use him to get through the sixth and seventh innings tonight.

Yep...and if we play better defense...we probably get another inning from Floyd(w/fewer runs allowed)...and the whole bullpen is pushed back an inning.

Bill Naharodny
Being completely shut down by opposing no name pitcher who can throw a change up
Tonight is the reason we're a 90-92 win team not a 95-97 win team.

Pretty damn good post.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-16-2008, 12:07 AM
Oh, please elaborate.

I would love to hear about some obscure suburban rainstorm.

Whitesoxfan23
I have to say.. This is the most discgusted I have been about a game all year. What a garbage game. Dotel, you should be ashamed.

BeviBall!
I disagree. The pitch execution was horse****.

That too... but why keep throwing fastballs to the one guy in the lineup that resembles a power hitting in a 1-run game?

DickAllen72
LOL! You would DFA Dotel and you're telling people not to panic??? :tongue:

Look, this is the team the White Sox have. They are going to win or lose with what they have. Dotel has been one of their best bullpen guys and since Linebrink went down he is usually their eighth inning guy. He blew it tonight. The Sox are only as good as their players. Their pen is only as good as Thornton, Dotel, Ramirez, Carrasco, etc. It is what it is.

PeoriaSoxFan
And can the Twins win the division giving up a ten spot to the Mariners in the 8th with a lead? It's one game. A damn ****ty game they should have won, but this never happens to the Twins, does it?

Not sure where you are going there. A game last week? I see they won 9-3 tonight and now are tied with us. They consistently win, especially close games. We consistently lose in Oakland no matter what. I am sick of this crap. Oakland isn't good. Everyone else beats them. We don't. Even the biggest homer in the world, Hawk is getting pissed at this routine. Sorry for getting mad because we totally blew a game we should have won.

JB98
Yep...and if we play better defense...we probably get another inning from Floyd(w/fewer runs allowed)...and the whole bullpen is pushed back an inning.

Agreed. The defense was just atrocious tonight, as well as the baserunning.

Just a horrendous performance on many levels.

PeteWard
08-16-2008, 12:09 AM
Get a clue man.

I'm pissed about a bad night but it does not mean thed Sox will be swept and will not win the division. It's just that: a bad night. Jump on them tomorrow and Sunday and come back home and trounce Seattle.

BeviBall!
You have a point. I overestimated the intelligence of people who flood postgame threads with inane posts after tough losses.

Let me guess... something to do with Marist right? Did they lose a mathlete competition or something?

Blueprint1

I hate when people call you a dark cloud for bringing up valid points. I got called a Dark Cloud in 2006 for saying that we would not make the playoffs. Hey, guess what we didn't make it. It was a fact that we were playing like crap.

WhiteSoxOnly
The nerve!

Get off the bandwagon, pal.

Just blowin' off steam pal,you got a problem with it ,to bad.

hi im skot
Get a clue man.

You obviously haven't read some of these posts.

My favorite:

TomBradley72
08-16-2008, 12:10 AM
Not sure where you are going there. A game last week? I see they won 9-3 tonight and now are tied with us. They consistently win, especially close games. We consistently lose in Oakland no matter what. I am sick of this crap. Oakland isn't good. Everyone else beats them. We don't. Even the biggest homer in the world, Hawk is getting pissed at this routine. Sorry for getting mad because we totally blew a game we should have won.

The Twins blew a lead vs. the Yanks this week, blew a big lead vs. Seattle...they are not Gods...they have the same record as we do.

hi im skot

This post, minus the typos and poor spacing, is signature-worthy.

JB98
That too... but why keep throwing fastballs to the one guy in the lineup that resembles a power hitting in a 1-run game?

Because the fastball is far and away Dotel's best pitch.

PeteWard
08-16-2008, 12:11 AM

My point is that it was ONE GAME for Minnesota. This is ONE GAME for the Sox. They were both terrible losses. But they don't automatically curse your season.

LoveYourSuit
Aren't we so glad that the Sox didn't need any bullpen help, which gave us the ability to trade for another DH to add to the CF platoon? :angry:

Wow, this sounds like a broken record.

Who the hell was Kenny suppose to get, name all the Great bullpen help that made uniform changes in front of Kenny's eyes?

None.

And if Houston Street is your answer by us giving up Fields and/or Poreda, I rather get hit by lightning.

CMPDragRacing
It seems the Dotel is either unhittable or very hittable. You can tell right away. I knew after he gave up that first homer that there was more trouble on its way. ****, this one hurts. The Sox are going to have to start winning on the road.

ozzie should have been out of the dugout calling for jenks before that ball landed. no way there should have been a second chance to hit a second hr

DoItForDanPasqua
This post, minus the typos and poor spacing, is signature-worthy.

I'm guessing there is whiskey involved in that post.

hi im skot
Wow, this sounds like a broken record.

Who the hell was Kenny suppose to get, name all the Great bullpen help that made uniform changes in front of Kenny's eyes?

None.

And if Houston Street is your answer by us giving up Fields and/or Poreda, I rather get hit by lightning.

Agreed.

ViPeRx007
08-16-2008, 12:12 AM
The games against Oakland in the Coliseum feel the same as the ones in Minnesota at the Baggy-Dome: doomed from the start.

That was friggin' depressing.

BeviBall!

With the way Cust K's... why not throw a few out of the zone? Chances are he'll offer at one.

Viva Medias B's
I hate when people call you a dark cloud for bringing up valid points. I got called a Dark Cloud in 2006 for saying that we would not make the playoffs. Hey, guess what we didn't make it. It was a fact that we were playing like crap.

I will say we won't make the playoffs only if we are mathematically eliminated from clinching a playoff berth before the regular season ends, which we will not be this season.

cheezheadsoxfan
Might be time for a major Ozzie blowup.

Lots of bad baseball tonight but Dotel deserved the biggest blame IMO. On 0-2 he can't waste a pitch? Maybe Koufax could get away with that but Dotel . . . . ????

We really need the next two.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:13 AM
ozzie should have been out of the dugout calling for jenks before that ball landed. no way there should have been a second chance to hit a second hr

he couldve hit a hr off of jenks too

PeteWard

"They consistently win". Sorry, how many more wins do they have than the Sox this year?

Frater Perdurabo

Street pitched better tonight than Carrasco, Ramirez or Dotel did tonight.

White_Sock
I will be there in the box on the field on the 1st base side tomorrow to break the Oakland Curse.

NO MORE HOUSE OF HORRORS......AND I WILL STILL HATE THE MCAFEE COLLUSEUM REGARLESS.

I HAVE SEEN 10 DIFFERENT OAKLAND WALKOFFS SINCE I HAVE LIVED IN CA AND I AM SICK OF IT. SERIOUSLY, THERE HAS TO BE SOME SORT OF RECORD ASSOCIATED WITH THE AMOUNT OF WALK-OFFS OAKLAND HAS HAD AGAINST THE SOX IN THE LAST 12 YEARS. THIS IS UNBELEIVABLE. I USED TO KIND OF LIKE THE A'S AS ALWAYS HAVING A SCRPPY YOUNG TEAM. NOW I HATE THEM. THEY HAVE CAUSED ME MORE AGONY THAN ANY OTHER TEAM IN THE MLB. AND BILLY BEAN SUCKS TOO. WAY TO TRADE AWAY YOUR ENTIRE TEAM FOR A FEW GUYS THAT CAN HIT WALKOFFS AGAINST THE WHITE SOX 2 TIMES EVRY YEAR BUTTMUNCH.

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:: angry::angry:

thomas35forever
But why throw it high and away where it can be hit by pretty much ANY HITTER IN THE ENTIRE GODDAMN LEAGUE?!!!!!! That's what really bugs me.

hi im skot
I will say we won't make the playoffs only if we are mathematically eliminated from clinching a playoff berth before the regular season ends, which we will not be this season.

Not unless we DFA Dotel, right?

LoveYourSuit
This could be the night/early morning the Ranger goes Jay Marvin on someone.

Our team loses a huge game and yet you are worried about Chris Rongey?

Go post on the stupid Chris Rongey thread.

Making a folk hero out of no one.

Unreal.

Optipessimism
Anyone wanna buy some smack? I know a guy. Good ****, too.

P.S. our bullpen still sucks, and I agree with the poster who wanted to see Suzuki put on. Eric Patterson is a rookie with barely any power. I'd have rather taken my chances facing him.

Droso5

Good post, I bet you get ****ing reamed for it on here though. Good Luck!

I can't wait to dream about a White Sox World Series! Kum Bayah!

DoItForDanPasqua
My point is that it was ONE GAME for Minnesota. This is ONE GAME for the Sox. They were both terrible losses. But they don't automatically curse your season.

You're right, but a big part of the reason the Sox did well earlier in the year was because of the bullpen. It was clear before tonight that it is not nearly as good. I hope that when Linebrink comes back it goes back to the way it was.

Viva Medias B's
"They consistently win". Sorry, how many more wins do they have than the Sox this year?

Correct; we have been as consistent at winning ballgames as they have so far.

TomBradley72
08-16-2008, 12:14 AM

And what bullpen help do you think we would have received for Richar and Masset?

Viva Medias B's
08-16-2008, 12:15 AM
Not unless we DFA Dotel, right?

Tell me what The Great Octavio Dotel brings to the table, especially when the game is on the line.

DickAllen72
Dotel did what Dotel does - give up home runs. Can't blame him. He's had a lot of key Ks for us (the Boston game, e.g.). Where he's really useful is in a situation that Carrasco was in - where we need a K and a homer doesn't hurt us anymore than a fly ball would. That's not Carrasco's best situation.

With bases open, why are giving Suzuki anything to hit?

This "We don't play well in Oakland" stuff is for the birds. They better learn how to play quickly. Oakland's terrible. Leadership.
Good post.

Without Linebrink, Dotel has been forced into a slightly different role than what he originally had. The Sox simply don't have the players to be a dominating team. They'll have to make do with what they have. Playing smarter would help though.

cheezheadsoxfan
The Twins blew a lead vs. the Yanks this week, blew a big lead vs. Seattle...they are not Gods...they have the same record as we do.

Thank you. The invincablity of the ****ing Twins is getting to be a broken record around here.

DoItForDanPasqua

Unreal.

:popcorn:

Blueprint1

Once again this team has all the talent to win the division but can't win on the road. If we don't win some series on the road were not going to go where we should. Playoff teams don't lose every series on the road .500 ballclubs do that.

Rockabilly
08-16-2008, 12:16 AM
I will be at the next 2 Sox games and I pray to god, that the Sox show up to win

tonights game was ****ing brutal....

Droso5
And what bullpen help do you think we would have received for Richar and Masset?

An All-Star, DUH. Trade everyone you don't like because obviously you will get back quality talent! Dotel for PREZ!....MELIDO PEREZ THAT IS!

soltrain21

Unreal.

Rongey is on his fantasy radio team.

Frankfan4life
This was a tough loss but the object is to win series and that's still possible. At least I believe it is. Relax everybody.

LoveYourSuit

Yup, I guess you are one of those intelligent posters after a loss.

:rolleyes:

Patrick134
Tell me what The Great Octavio Dotel brings to the table, especially when the game is on the line.

Ask Mike Lowell.

kruzer31
08-16-2008, 12:17 AM
Im salty, very upset. My wife even told me tonight I need counseling about my mood swings due to the sox and I have considered it. I dont know why I care so much because Ozzie, A.J., Dotel, and the rest of the team is probably sippin on some cold ones right now making millions of dollars a year. I have seen a WS Championship and said I would never ever care if they win another game but I can not help it. Right now, I am just gonna let this one go and hope for some good things tomorrow and Sunday. We can still win this Division by 4 or 5 games. We are too good not too. I just wish I didnt care so much...but I still do

JEFF

hi im skot

If you've watched any games this season, your answer is right there.

Dotel has been better than anyone, save Jenks, in our bullpen. Dude gets the job done 9 out of 10 times, and tonight he didn't.

I understand people being upset after a loss, especially one like this, but failing to grasp reality just blows my mind.

thomas35forever
http://www.techzonez.com/forums/images/smilies/drum.gif

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:18 AM

:rolling:

BeviBall!
Ask Mike Lowell.

I believe that Dotel should only be used coming into the game with the bases juiced.

WhiteSoxOnly
I'm guessing there is whiskey involved in that post.

Nope,but i am willing to try.

PeteWard
Im salty, very upset. My wife even told me tonight I need counseling about my mood swings due to the sox and I have considered it. I dont know why I care so much because Ozzie, A.J., Dotel, and the rest of the team is probably sippin on some cold ones right now making millions of dollars a year. I have seen a WS Championship and said I would never ever care if they win another game but I can not help it. Right now, I am just gonna let this one go and hope for some good things tomorrow and Sunday. We can still win this Division by 4 or 5 games. We are too good not too. I just wish I didnt care so much...but I still do

JEFF

Then sip a cold one...
or six.:D:

Droso5
08-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Nope,but i am willing to try.

I like you man...why? Because you real and not willing to dream the sweet dreams of a man with no future....well done!

Viva Medias B's
08-16-2008, 12:19 AM
Ask Mike Lowell.

Well, I like it when relief pitchers get men out on a consistent basis. If that's not what you want, suit yourself.

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2008, 12:20 AM

For those two? Not much. But perhaps packaging those two with other pieces including Fields might have gotten Fuentes from the Rockies.

Whitesoxfan23
My soon to be wife, also tells me that I get moody when the Sox lose. I am just a die hard Sox fan. I can't help it. I am pissy the rest of the day when they lose. I am really taking this loss hard. There is no reason why we shouldn't have won this ballgame.

LoveYourSuit
Might be time for a major Ozzie blowup.

Lots of bad baseball tonight but Dotel deserved the biggest blame IMO. On 0-2 he can't waste a pitch? Maybe Koufax could get away with that but Dotel . . . . ????

We really need the next two.

Agree.

Ozzie looked none too happy in that dugout.

hi im skot
Well, I like it when relief pitchers get men out on a consistent basis. If that's not what you want, suit yourself.

Seriously, do you not watch games?

Adele_H
08-16-2008, 12:21 AM

As far as I am concerned, you don't have to apologize for a damned thing to these jock-worshipping, "dark cloud"-shrieking pollyannas.

Alright I am over it. Let's just take 2 out of 3 from the Billy Beaners and split that hell-hole. :Rocker: :bandance:

Blueprint1
Like I said in the Gameday it was up to the hitting after we gave up the lead. I knew that our crappy bullpen would blow the game. Two reason's why we have not been able to win games our hitting and our bullpen. Once we get a lead we stop hitting. Our bullpen likes to give up leads. Once the lead has been lost good luck getting another one.

Patrick134

If Dotel hadn't have been on the sox this year, they'd easily be at least 6 games out of first.

thomas35forever
As far as I am concerned, you don't have to apologize for damn thing to these jock-worshipping, "dark cloud"-shrieking pollyannas.

Alright I am over it. Let's just take 2 out of 3 from the Billy Beaners and split that hell-hole. :Rocker: :bandance:

Hell, I'll be happy with just one.

nccwsfan
08-16-2008, 12:22 AM
If you've watched any games this season, your answer is right there.

Dotel has been better than anyone, save Jenks, in our bullpen. Dude gets the job done 9 out of 10 times, and tonight he didn't.

I understand people being upset after a loss, especially one like this, but failing to grasp reality just blows my mind.

Very true. I'm upset over the way he pitched tonight, and this isn't the only time he blew it, but all in all he's been a solid contributor for the bullpen this year.

It's an ugly loss but it only counts as one loss in the standings. Just win the next two and we're fine.

Droso5

You may be a priest, but that does not protect you from me saying that this is a very stupid post......:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DoItForDanPasqua
It looks like Linebrink is making progress. I say fly him to Oakland.

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080815&content_id=3316485&vkey=news_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:23 AM
As far as I am concerned, you don't have to apologize for damn thing to these jock-worshipping, "dark cloud"-shrieking pollyannas.

You think the mods would let me change my screen name to that?

cheezheadsoxfan
My soon to be wife, also tells me that I get moody when the Sox lose. I am just a die hard Sox fan. I can't help it. I am pissy the rest of the day when they lose. I am really taking this loss hard. There is no reason why we shouldn't have won this ballgame.

I get eye rolling from my daughter and "here we go again" when I start ranting. Our significant others and family members probably need a support group.

LoveYourSuit

Mariano Rivera and Joe Nathan .... part of a 3 way deal.

Droso5
As far as I am concerned, you don't have to apologize for a damned thing to these jock-worshipping, "dark cloud"-shrieking pollyannas.

Dreams shall over come!!!! Dream a little dream with the Reaper! You have sowed your own misfortune!

RadioheadRocks

It all goes back to what I said in the game thread... there's no middle ground with Dotel and you never know whether you're going to get "Good Dotel" or "Bad Dotel" on any given night.

DoItForDanPasqua
It's an ugly loss but it only counts as one loss in the standings. Just win the next two and we're fine.

This should be no problem. The Sox always do well in Oakland.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:24 AM
Very true. I'm upset over the way he pitched tonight, and this isn't the only time he blew it, but all in all he's been a solid contributor for the bullpen this year.

Seriously, thanks for a rational post.:cheers:

Blueprint1

Yeah my GF say's the same thing. She grew up a Cub's fan but says a Sox loss effects effects her life more than the cub's losing.

cheezheadsoxfan
Mariano Rivera and Joe Nathan .... part of a 3 way deal.

If it makes anyone feel any better, Rivera coughed one up tonight with a wild pitch.

Droso5
08-16-2008, 12:25 AM
Seriously, thanks for a rational post.:cheers:

Yeah man cheers, cheers the glasses filled with sub-par expectations!

WhiteSoxOnly

We must be related.

hi im skot
If it makes anyone feel any better, Rivera coughed one up tonight with a wild pitch.

DFA him!

Frankie5Angels
Dotel isn't the problem. Without him this year and we are a .500 team. The problem was Uribe missing a routin pop up. Then it was on AJ for calling an 0-2 fastball. Those 2 plays were the game. There is no reason to call an 0-2 fastball to a dead fastball hitter. Terrible call by AJ. Terrible.

Optipessimism
08-16-2008, 12:26 AM
It all goes back to what I said in the game thread... there's no middle ground with Dotel and you never know whether you're going to get "Good Dotel" or "Bad Dotel" on any given night.
Haha, I said almost the exact same sentence word-for-word watching the game. I say it all the time when he comes out. We're either getting an awesome performance or we're losing a lead. That second homer, ****, Ms. Cleo could've called that one.

DrCrawdad
Tonight's game could have been a tape from so many over the past several years. There has been so much turn over in Oakland and the Sox, but the results there when the Sox play in Oakland are the same.

hi im skot
Yeah man cheers, cheers the glasses filled with sub-par expectations!

First place ****ing sucks, man.

:shrug:

cheezheadsoxfan
DFA him!
:rolling:

nccwsfan
08-16-2008, 12:27 AM
This should be no problem. The Sox always do well in Oakland.

Hardy har.....If they're going to win the division they've got to get past that garbage. They need to play better on the road period.

Droso5
Also, I don't like the A's all that much.

LoveYourSuit

If Dotel is your biggest worry on the pen, I'm affraid you have not been watching too many White Sox baseball games very close.

I am interested to see your depth chart of the pen as constructed right now. I would not be surprised to see you have Russell ahead of him.

Adele_H
08-16-2008, 12:28 AM
Hell, I'll be happy with just one.

To be happy with just one game against a team that's lost 24 out of their last 27 games and was well on their way to be shut-out tonight until the Sox decided to collectively turn off their brains?

NEVER!

Poor Danks: now he has to salvage another Road series...

PeteWard

It does make me feel better. Thank you.

Not to mention the pick off in the bottom of the ninth, followed by the bases being loaded, followed by Giambi flying out to end it.

And against a team the Sox outscored 22-2 this week.

But of course this loss to Oakland is a harbinger of a 20 game losing streak around here.

Droso5

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

DoItForDanPasqua
Also, I don't like the A's all that much.

I agree. **** them and their white shoes.

thomas35forever
08-16-2008, 12:29 AM
To be happy with just one game against a team that's lost 24 out of their last 27 games and was well on their way to be shut-out tonight until Sox decided to collectively turn off their brains?

NEVER!
Dude, it's now eight seasons and counting in that God-awful place. If we can escape with one win, I will be happy.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-16-2008, 12:30 AM
Dotel isn't the problem. Without him this year and we are a .500 team. The problem was Uribe missing a routin pop up. Then it was on AJ for calling an 0-2 fastball. Those 2 plays were the game. There is no reason to call an 0-2 fastball to a dead fastball hitter. Terrible call by AJ. Terrible.

Easy now fella,easy !

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:31 AM
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://a708.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/31/l_02a3f341f961c49cd9780c180cab4feb.gif

Blueprint1
Dude, it's now eight seasons and counting in that God-awful place. If we can escape with one win, I will be happy.

I will not be happy at all. The Twins are going to sweep crappy Seattle. We need to win this series. We need to win on the road. I am tired of this crap.

Martinigirl
There are many, many things that went wrong tonight, but am I the only person who questions Jeff Cox's ability to know when to hold a runner? This seems to be a problem we have seen before.

And as much as I love Alexei, he really does flake out on the base paths now and again.

Lastly, I agree with those who have said that Dotel is either lights out or a nightmare. The 8th inning was a disaster and bringing him back out for the 9th was ridiculous.

Oh and one more thing, I hate that ****ing horn in Oakland.

Droso5
08-16-2008, 12:32 AM
http://a708.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/31/l_02a3f341f961c49cd9780c180cab4feb.gif

Dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here.

CHISOXFAN13
There are many, many things that went wrong tonight, but am I the only person who questions Jeff Cox's ability to know when to hold a runner? This seems to be a problem we have seen before.

And as much as I love Alexei, he really does flake out on the base paths now and again.

Lastly, I agree with those who have said that Dotel is either lights out or a nightmare. The 8th inning was a disaster and bringing him back out for the 9th was ridiculous.

Sending Anderson was the right thing to do with two outs. Guy made a great throw. And Dotel didn't pitch the ninth.

Noneck
This is and has been a team that is in desperate need of pitching. Chad Bradford should have been claimed and then would have probably been obtained, Paul Byrd should have been claimed because of # of innings Danks and Floyd have pitched this year along Contreras age and previous injuries. Granted Clev would have probably pulled him back but one never knows.

These and other late season acquisitions will cost the Sox in future "prospects" and money. Many people are so concerned with how spending money and losing "prospects" will affect future years. The Sox are a team that has made the playoffs 1 time since 2001 under the current GM, 1 time since 2004 under the current manager and 4 times under the current ownership since 1981.

The future is now, the only thing that means anything is the Sox are tied for 1st and its August 16. Additional pitching will definitely be needed in order for this team to get to the post season.

chisoxfan4life
If you lose 62 times in a season, it's considered an outstanding year. People get way too bent out of shape about a lot of games. We always play like **** in Oakland, no matter how good we are or how ****ty they are. I get really pissed when we lose a big series to a division rival, but can easily turn off the TV and forget about a game like tonight because it's only the first game of the series.

Also, Dotel flops under pressure after the 7th inning. Most of his brilliance this year has come in the 7th with Linebrink and Jenks following. The man can't get a hold or a save for the life of him in the 8th or 9th inning.

Going into this series I hoped to be tied with Minnesota after this weekend. With them playing at home against a horrid team and us playing in our toughest road ballpark all you can really hope for is to lose 1 game in the standings. Expecting anything else is kind of foolish.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:33 AM

That was a call that I can't disagree with too much. He's absolutely blown it a couple times this season, but Anderson should have been in. It looks like he ran out of gas coming around third.

Tough to say whether he gets knocked in if he stays at third, but I didn't mind it at the time.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-16-2008, 12:33 AM

Me too. It's bad enough that Sox have to lose every game they play in Oakland, there has to be that stupid horn blowing after every pitch. It's worse than those drums in Cleveland.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:34 AM
Dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:welcome:

LoveYourSuit

It's hard to keep hanging your hat on 1st place when we keep blowing opportunity afte opportunity to extend our division lead. I realize that 80% other teams would die to be in our position but at some point we need to raise our standards as fans and demand for this team to blow away this division as it should.

My goal for the Sox is not to win a division but to win a another damn championship.

Droso5

2nd dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Droso5
08-16-2008, 12:35 AM
It's hard to keep hanging your hat on 1st place when we keep blowing opportunity afte opportunity to extend our division lead. I realize that 80% other teams would die to be in our position but at some point we need to raise our standards as fans and demand for this team to blow away this division as it should.

My goal for the Sox is not to win a division but to win a another damn championship.

LoveYourSuit, I love you analysis. Hard hitting, to the point and rich in wordsmithing.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-16-2008, 12:35 AM
The worst days of the year for me are always the ones where the Sox are playing in Oakland. It's always a disaster yet I watch anyway. What the hell is wrong with me?

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:36 AM
2nd dumbest thing I've ever seen posted here.
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

DFA Dotel.

Droso5
08-16-2008, 12:36 AM

That's a fantastic post! Rich and insightful!

arKnaD7
08-16-2008, 12:37 AM
Positives: That was the fifth straight good start and I see no reason for that to stop over the weekend. 4 runs isn't great, but it should be enough when your starter goes 5 2/3 innings giving up 2 runs. Thornton looked great.

Negatives: Pretty obvious :angry:

We need to win these next 2 with the Twins playing the M's at home

Get 'em tomorrow Johnny Danks!

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:38 AM
That's a fantastic post! Rich and insightful!

Much like your eye roll posts.

cnw8052
It didn't help matters that the offense went on vacation after the first inning either.

Adele_H

Dotel is getting paid to be the best set-up man in AL and help us win the World-****ing-Series - NOT to be a right-handed Damaso Marte who puts up sexy strike-out numbers but chokes in big moments.

AJ/Ozzie/whoever pitch calling was brutal, but can you blame them? What are they supposed to do when they know that our premier relievers, Thornton and Dotel, CAN'T THROW A BREAKNIG BALL CONSISTENTLY TO SAVE THEIR LIFE? Dotel wants to blow everyone away and you can't reason with him, apparently.

Well, that's fine and dandy, but when you end up running into smart fastball hitters who work the count - especially pitching out of the stretch with runners on base - sooner than later those blazing fastballs will start leaving the yard with regularity. It's the majors, afterall, not single-A.

And yes, Uribe ****ed up - conjuring his best Joe Crede in Oakland impression. But he didn't serve up 4 dingers to mediocre hitters!!!

White_Sock

ROFL...go white sox

Droso5
DFA Dotel.

No, that would be the first.

Droso5
08-16-2008, 12:39 AM
Much like your eye roll posts.

You really need to look beyond the "visual" nature of my prior "eyeroll" posts...genius is something that isn't understood by many. It can really be frustrating at times.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:40 AM

DFA Dotel.

No, that would be the first.

I suppose I'll have to settle for second place.

Droso5
08-16-2008, 12:41 AM
I suppose I'll have to settle for second place.

2nd place is the first loser, although in the context of this thread, I think you're gonna be ok.

Mod edit: I sent you a warning, and I'm through with your personal attacks. Take some time to cool off. See you when you get back.

LoveYourSuit
08-16-2008, 12:41 AM
Positives: That was the fifth straight good start and I see no reason for that to stop over the weekend. 4 runs isn't great, but it should be enough when your starter goes 5 2/3 innings giving up 2 runs. Thornton looked great.

Negatives: Pretty obvious :angry:

We need to win these next 2 with the Twins playing the M's at home

Get 'em tomorrow Johnny Danks!

I sure hope Gavin does not go home/hotel thinking that what he was "quality" out there. The numbers do not indicate how bad he really was. I good offense would have torn him apart tonight. He was shaky vs Boston and did not go deep into that game and here he failed to give us at least 6. I look for bigger and better things from Gavin.

DoItForDanPasqua
08-16-2008, 12:42 AM
Positives: That was the fifth straight good start and I see no reason for that to stop over the weekend.

That is a positive that came out of this. It seemed the starting pitching was falling apart. I'm glad to see them go through the rotation with all good starts.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-16-2008, 12:42 AM
The worst days of the year for me are always the ones where the Sox are playing in Oakland. It's always a disaster yet I watch anyway. What the hell is wrong with me?

What else are you gonna do,clean the garage,rotate the tires ?
face it Pasqua,we're all part of the Cuckoo's nest here.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:43 AM
You really need to look beyond the "visual" nature of my prior "eyeroll" posts...genius is something that isn't understood by many. It can really be frustrating at times.

You win, Droso! You are a genius.

Crede should have been traded by the all-star break!

Brian26
08-16-2008, 12:44 AM
Dotel is getting paid to be the best set-up man in AL and help us win the World-****ing-Series - NOT to be a right-handed Damaso Marte who puts up sexy strike-out numbers but chokes in big moments

Wait, are you describing Dotel or Javy Vazquez?

Blueprint1
Dick why didn't you punch the Twin's bat at work? Punch it tomorrow.

hi im skot
2nd place is the first loser, although in the context of this thread, I think you're gonna be ok.

I think I saw that on a No Fear t-shirt...really good place to get material, though.

whitesoxfan
08-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, I'm going to continue to not come on here during tough losses. Some of these posts are absolutely ridiculous.

DickAllen72
08-16-2008, 12:45 AM
Yeah, it's all Uribe's fault. Forget all the nice plays he has made at third base the past few weeks. Missing that pop foul was an insurmountable mistake.

As for A.J., I'm sure he wanted that ball up in the strike zone right over the plate. He called for a fastball because that's Dotel's best pitch. I doubt that he wanted it right in his wheelhouse. And I suppose every good pitching performance this season was in spite of A.J.'s pitch calling.

Again, it's the middle of August and what you've been seeing is what you get. This is the 2008 White Sox. Good enough to be scratching it out with the Twins for first place, but by no means a dominating team. A team hurt by injuries to their starting staff and bullpen that plays sloppy baseball at times and slugs it's way to a lot of it's wins.

A.J. and Uribe have been playing up to their expectations for the most part this season. If some of their other players would have been doing the same, tonight's loss wouldn't be very important.

If the Sox are to win this division and make some noise in the playoffs, they will need their big money guys to step up and carry them.

WhiteSoxOnly
08-16-2008, 12:46 AM
Dotel is getting paid to be the best set-up man in AL and help us win the World-****ing-Series - NOT to be a right-handed Damaso Marte who puts up sexy strike-out numbers but chokes in big moments.

AJ/Ozzie/whoever pitch calling was brutal, but can you blame them? What are they supposed to do when they know that our premier relievers, Thornton and Dotel, CAN'T THROW A BREAKNIG BALL CONSISTENTLY TO SAVE THEIR LIFE? Dotel wants to blow everyone away and you can't reason with him, apparently.

Well, that's fine and dandy, but when you end up running into smart fastball hitters who work the count - especially pitching out of the stretch with runners on base - sooner than later those blazing fastballs will start leaving the yard with regularity. It's the majors, afterall, not single-A.

And yes, Uribe ****ed up - conjuring his best Joe Crede in Oakland impression. But he didn't serve up 4 dingers to mediocre hitters!!!

Be still my heart...Adele...i need a 2nd wife,are you interested ?

Martinigirl
08-16-2008, 12:47 AM
Sending Anderson was the right thing to do with two outs. Guy made a great throw. And Dotel didn't pitch the ninth.

Didn't Dotel start the ninth and was replaced by DJ? THat is what it said in the gamethread after I became too irritated to actually watch the game.

Nellie_Fox
...Alexi's bad baserunning,If, after all this time, you still can't get Alexei's name right, you forfeit your right to criticize him.

we better have at least a 5 game lead, when we play the Twins in late sept because we can't win at that ballpark...No, they'll need at least a ten game lead, because the Twins will beat the Sox so badly that MLB will award them extra credit.

Aren't we so glad that the Sox didn't need any bullpen help, which gave us the ability to trade for another DH to add to the CF platoon? :angry:As has been said earlier, who do you think he should have gotten? Who was available that he failed to get?

I like you man...why? Because you real and not willing to dream the sweet dreams of a man with no future....well done!Get a room.

Once the lead has been lost good luck getting another one.Yeah, the Sox have not had a single big comeback win this year. Not a one.

Seriously, folks, get a ****ing grip. Have none of you lived long enough to live through a really bad season? The Sox are in first place. It's showing all the signs of being a serious "pennant race" this year, going back and forth all the way to the wire. You are going to have to find a happy place, or you're going to go nuts.

Why get so angry? Is it that you think they are doing this to you on purpose? I'm disappointed and a little depressed after a game like this, but if you get irrationally angry, you really need to take a step back.

Brian26
I sure hope Gavin does not go home/hotel thinking that what he was "quality" out there. The numbers do not indicate how bad he really was. I good offense would have torn him apart tonight. He was shaky vs Boston and did not go deep into that game and here he failed to give us at least 6. I look for bigger and better things from Gavin.

Meanwhile, if Uribe catches that foul pop-up, Frank never reaches first. At the minimum, Cust's homer is a solo-shot. But who's to say he gets the same sequence of pitches? It's very possibly that Gavin could have come out for the 7th with a shutout going.

There are two ways of looking at it. Even though he let leadoff batters reach base, he was pitching over his mistakes. I see more positive in his performance than negative.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 12:48 AM
Didn't Dotel start the ninth and was replaced by DJ? THat is what it said in the gamethread after I became too irritated to actually watch the game.

Ramirez started the 9th by serving up a double to Emil Brown.

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2008, 12:49 AM
We have no idea what the future holds. But we all know that every team has strengths and flaws. We all know the strengths: Solid starting pitching and great power. The flaws are:

1. An inconsistent offense with little speed that relies too much on the HR;
2. An injury-depleted, overworked, overexposed, undermanned bullpen;
3. An inconsistent defense;
4. Lack of a fifth starter (Contreras injury).

The first three flaws all combined directly to lead to tonight's loss. The fourth, the lack of a fifth starter, has led to the bullpen being overworked and overexposed.

Martinigirl
08-16-2008, 12:50 AM
Ramirez started the 9th by serving up a double to Emil Brown.

Thank you. I was wrong then to complain that Dotel came back out. At least that can be scratched off my bitch list.

Noneck
08-16-2008, 12:51 AM
As has been said earlier, who do you think he should have gotten? Who was available that he failed to get?

Chad Bradford

DoItForDanPasqua
08-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Chad Bradford

Bradford? I'm still mad at him for giving up a hit in game one of the 2000 ALDS.

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2008, 12:52 AM
Chad Bradford

Or Brian Fuentes. Or Paul Byrd. Or Huston Street.

Noneck
08-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Bradford? I'm still mad at him for giving up a hit in game one of the 2000 ALDS.

I was also upset he made the playoff roster, but that was then and this is now.

Nellie_Fox
08-16-2008, 12:54 AM
Or Brian Fuentes. Or Paul Byrd. Or Huston Street.And what would you have given up for them? I'm surprised that Byrd got through waivers to the Red Sox, but seriously, who do you think the Sox could have given for him?

DoItForDanPasqua
08-16-2008, 12:55 AM
I was also upset he made the playoff roster, but that was then and this is now.

OK, maybe I can overlook one hit, eight years ago, but it's going to be hard.

chisoxfan4life
08-16-2008, 12:56 AM
I'm growing tired of hearing Chad Bradford crap. There are 29 other teams and all of them need pitching too. Horacio was putting up very solid numbers in KC which were comparable to Bradfords in Baltimore. We can't get every player we want and TB is is much more need of bullpen help so I'm not surprised they got him.

Noneck
08-16-2008, 12:56 AM
Or Brian Fuentes. Or Paul Byrd. Or Huston Street.
Not sure if they could have got Fuentes, Byrd or Street but I am pretty sure they would have gotten Bradford.

chisoxfan4life
08-16-2008, 12:58 AM
Not sure if they could have got Fuentes, Byrd or Street but I am pretty sure they would have gotten Bradford.
Street was one of KWs main targets but a deal could not be worked out and so he then inquired about Griffey. Griffey was plan C (per Jesse Rogers on the Score several weeks ago right after the deadline).

DoItForDanPasqua
08-16-2008, 12:59 AM
Street was one of KWs main targets but a deal could not be worked out and so he then inquired about Griffey. Griffey was plan C (per Jesse Rogers on the Score several weeks ago right after the deadline).

Maybe we should try Griffey in the bullpen. Then finally that trade would make sense.

Frater Perdurabo
And what would you have given up for them? I'm surprised that Byrd got through waivers to the Red Sox, but seriously, who do you think the Sox could have given for him?

OK, let's say I propose a package for those players.

Some will slam me saying I'm being unrealistic and not giving up enough.

Others will slam me saying I'm giving up way too much.

I can't win.

Still, I'll bite:

Poreda and Fields to the Rockies for Fuentes (a pending free agent).

Swisher back to the A's for Street.

A PTBNL or cash (exactly what the Red Sox paid) for Byrd.

A PTBNL (exactly what the Rays paid) for Bradford.

Noneck
I'm growing tired of hearing Chad Bradford crap. There are 29 other teams and all of them need pitching too. Horacio was putting up very solid numbers in KC which were comparable to Bradfords in Baltimore. We can't get every player we want and TB is is much more need of bullpen help so I'm not surprised they got him.

With Linebrink down and maybe out a righty was and is needed, Horacio was obtained to replace Logan a lefty.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 01:00 AM
OK, let's say I propose a package for those players.

Some will slam me saying I'm being unrealistic and not giving up enough.

Others will slam me saying I'm giving up way too much.

I can't win.

Still, I'll bite:

Poreda and Fields to the Rockies for Fuentes (a pending free agent).

Swisher back to the A's for Street.

A PTBNL or cash (exactly what the Red Sox paid) for Byrd.

Why do we get rid of Swisher?

chisoxfan4life
08-16-2008, 01:02 AM
That trade was rumored after the Griffey trade which would have eliminated the Thome/Konerko/Griffey/Swisher logjam.

Frater Perdurabo

Because he's not that good, because we have enough guys to play CF (Wise and BA and Griffey), and because we could use Street to be a set-up guy.

hi im skot
That trade was rumored after the Griffey trade which would have eliminated the Thome/Konerko/Griffey/Swisher logjam.

Swisher of 2008 > Griffey of 2008

DoItForDanPasqua
08-16-2008, 01:03 AM

And that's sad.

LoveYourSuit
08-16-2008, 01:04 AM
Meanwhile, if Uribe catches that foul pop-up, Frank never reaches first. At the minimum, Cust's homer is a solo-shot. But who's to say he gets the same sequence of pitches? It's very possibly that Gavin could have come out for the 7th with a shutout going.

There are two ways of looking at it. Even though he let leadoff batters reach base, he was pitching over his mistakes. I see more positive in his performance than negative.

Agreed he did pitch out of his mistakes, but he needs to also help pick up his teamate once in a while (like Uribe).

I think Gavin leads MLB in Runs to Earned Runs differential. He needs to start picking up his defense.

What he needs to do also is stop his 0-2 counts ending up going full half the time. He needs to put away people early to conserve his pitch count.

A good offense woud have nailed him tonight him as did Boston.

Scarry how good this can be if he works on these two things. He can be an 8 inning pitcher evey night IMO.

chisoxfan4life
We all are aware of that.

Griffey and Street > Griffey and Swisher at this point though.

Once Linebrink returns everyone will calm down and our bullpen will be stellar again.

Frater Perdurabo

And bullpen is a greater need than another sub-par batting average corner OF playing CF.

hi im skot
Because he's not that good, because we have enough guys to play CF (Wise and BA and Griffey), and because we could use Street to be a set-up guy.

I'm not a big fan of Swisher, but that starting any of those guys over Swisher on a regular basis doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Plus, it appears that Swisher's presence in the clubhouse has been absolutely huge for this team. I think it sends a bad message to dump him in the middle of the season.

Adele_H

There is no curse, there is no mystery or dark magic involved here.

You play a talent-infused, fundamentally sound, aggressive & poise-filled brand of baseball against those Bay area losers - and chances are you're gonna sweep or, at worse, take 2 of 3 from them as teams have been doing lately.

Again, it's a shame that the Sox are now gonna call on a 23 year old rookie who's only a few years older than most of us here, to "reverse the curse" on the national television tomorrow.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 01:05 AM
And bullpen is a greater need than another sub-par batting average corner OF playing CF.

So we complain about Swisher's abilities in centerfield and propose filling the hole with Griffey?

Huh?

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Again, it's a shame that the Sox are now gonna call on a 23 year old rookie who's only a few years older than most of us here, to "reverse the curse" on the national television tomorrow.

Danks is no rookie.

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2008, 01:07 AM

:rolling: He's nine years younger than me. Biologically I'm old enough to have fathered some of you young whippersnappers. :D:

Optipessimism
08-16-2008, 01:07 AM

Dotel can really suck at times, but he's always been like that. Maybe he'll be dominant three appearances in a row, but then he'll come in and unleash his bowels all over the pitching rubber. That's been him ever since Houston I believe, or at least since his days in Oakland. If Octavio were any better than he is, he'd probably be closing somewhere and making in excess of $10 million per year.

One thing is for sure though: Brian Anderson is going to be sucking someone else's feet tonight. Maybe Octavio will get jealous and step it up next time out.

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2008, 01:08 AM
So we complain about Swisher's abilities in centerfield and propose filling the hole with Griffey?

Huh?

I'd have BA starting in CF and Griffey backing up at DH, CF, LF and RF. But that's just me.

hi im skot
08-16-2008, 01:10 AM
I'd have BA starting in CF and Griffey backing up at DH, CF, LF and RF. But that's just me.

Who backs up Konerko?

WhiteSoxOnly
08-16-2008, 01:11 AM
Dotel can really suck at times, but he's always been like that. Maybe he'll be dominant three appearances in a row, but then he'll come in and unleash his bowels all over the pitching rubber. That's been him ever since Houston I believe, or at least since his days in Oakland. If Octavio were any better than he is, he'd probably be closing somewhere and making in excess of $10 million per year.

One thing is for sure though: Brian Anderson is going to be sucking someone else's feet tonight. Maybe Octavio will get jealous and step it up next time out.

After tonight,i say make Dotel eat off of Herm Schneider's belly.

Frater Perdurabo
08-16-2008, 01:12 AM
Who backs up Konerko?

In a pinch? Thome.

In a bigger pinch? Dye.

In the event of an injury? Brad Eldred.

If giving up a backup first basemen (Swisher) gets up quality bullpen help, I do that deal.