PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Jimmy Rollins for next year?

illini81887
08-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Apparently he called out philly fans and called em bunch of frontrunners.

When questioned about it by the media, he didnt back down

Pretty much meaning he could be traded in offseason, would love to see him in a Sox uniform

It's Dankerific
08-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Will Philly let us pay with a payment plan?

We have nothing to give them that wouldnt hurt our MLB team.

btrain929
08-15-2008, 11:22 PM
Apparently he called out philly fans and called em bunch of frontrunners.

When questioned about it by the media, he didnt back down

Pretty much meaning he could be traded in offseason, would love to see him in a Sox uniform

What the hell does that mean anyways?

illini81887
08-15-2008, 11:26 PM
They only support you when you are winning. But the first sign of a big slump or the team flat out stinks, no support at all is what im guessing hes getting at

CWSpalehoseCWS
08-16-2008, 12:30 AM
There's no way we could ever get Rollins. I'm guessing the asking price would start around Quentin and/or Danks. Ramirez will be fine at SS next season.

CubKilla
08-16-2008, 02:50 AM
What the hell does that mean anyways?

It means this..... no way on hell is he anywhere near the Sox next year. BOOK IT!

MCHSoxFan
08-16-2008, 12:11 PM
There's no way we could ever get Rollins. I'm guessing the asking price would start around Quentin and/or Danks. Ramirez will be fine at SS next season.

Right (About Alexei) but I think the poster means we need JR as a lead-off hitter.

JB98
08-16-2008, 03:09 PM
It would be nice to have Rollins, but we don't have the pieces to deal.

palehozenychicty
08-16-2008, 03:25 PM
We'd have to give up Alexei and probably a starter (Vazquez). For Jimmy Rollins, I'd think about it. But this is reality.

shes
08-16-2008, 07:12 PM

Quentin and his tiny contract and much better production hold tons more value than Rollins at this point. Keep in mind that TCQ is also 5 years younger. I know that SS is a premium position and LF is not, but it doesn't close the gap enough to give Rollins the edge.

Ramirez and Danks is probably what Philly would want. I think Rollins is overrated (never hit .300 or had an OBP of .350, curious loss of power this season) and isn't worth that, but I know many Sox fans will disagree.

Personally I'd like to see TCM and Danks on the Southside for many a year to come.

Optipessimism
08-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I wonder if the Phils would accept a jarful of left nuts? If so, I might be willing to contribute.

Lukin13
08-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Hard to trade for last year's MVP, especially when he is locked into a very attractive deal through at least 2010.

You can make a case that in his current contract, Jimmy Rollins is one of the top three most valuable veterans in baseball.

LoveYourSuit
08-17-2008, 01:09 AM
There was a time (before message boards I believe) Sox fans were up in arms at a proposal of Jimmy Rollins in exchanged for Manos De Piedra Valentin.

Nellie_Fox
08-17-2008, 01:41 AM
They only support you when you are winning. But the first sign of a big slump or the team flat out stinks, no support at all is what im guessing hes getting atWell, then, if he read the post-game thread after the loss on Friday night, he sure as hell ain't coming to the Sox.

SoxSpeed22
08-17-2008, 01:51 AM
If he does get traded, it wouldn't surprise me if Boston got their hands on him. They have good young players to offer, and they can pay him after trading Manny.

WSox597
08-17-2008, 09:35 AM
We'd have to give up Alexei and probably a starter (Vazquez). For Jimmy Rollins, I'd think about it. But this is reality.

I'd give up Vazquez in a heartbeat for Rollins.

I'd rather keep Alexei, like most everybody else here would.

Without going into detail, Javy is simply too inconsistent. The last game pitched was excellent, the next game who knows?

Tragg
08-17-2008, 10:30 AM
The openings appear to be at CF, 2B and 3B. Somewhere in that mix, the Sox need to fill its #1 offensive need: leadoff hitter.

soxfanreggie
08-17-2008, 10:34 AM
If not willing to give up Ramirez, to send along with Vazquez, who would you pick to trade then? I think there are a lot of guys that I would trade for a player like Jimmy Rollins, but I don't know if the Phillies would accept that sort of offer.

fusillirob1983
08-18-2008, 02:11 AM
I'm not too sure. Rollins has played no better than Cabrera or Alexei this season and he probably won't be cheap. Understandably, he was injured so some of his numbers are a little low, but he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since he came back.

whitesox901
08-18-2008, 12:41 PM
He isnt going anywhere

palehozenychicty
08-18-2008, 03:06 PM
I'm not too sure. Rollins has played no better than Cabrera or Alexei this season and he probably won't be cheap. Understandably, he was injured so some of his numbers are a little low, but he hasn't exactly lit the world on fire since he came back.

There you are. When he's healthy, he's among the best players in the game. I doubt the Phillies would give him up, but if Vazquez and another arm is the centerpiece, I'm sure they'd listen.