PDA

View Full Version : A WSI Event Possibility?

Lillian
08-15-2008, 10:48 AM
I just received this email from my season ticket rep.
Would 20 or 35 of you be interested in doing this?
We could make it a WSI event. Tickets would run $110 each, and would include the food and some parking. Have WSI ever done this?

email message from White Sox Ticket Office:

Dear Lillian -

As a valued customer, we are providing you the opportunity to purchase a White Sox game-day Diamond Suite at a specially-priced rate for ANY game in September. The price is $2,200 for a 20-person suite (regularly $3,200) or $3,800 for a 35-person suite (regularly $5,500).

Each suite includes a select number of parking passes, beer, soda, and a basic food menu featuring pan-seared chicken w/ potatoes, roast beef & turkey sandwiches, mixed green salad, hot dogs, dry roasted peanuts, and a fresh fruit tray. Upgrades to your food and drink package are also available upon request.

To take advantage of this special offer, please contact me. We have a limited number of suites available for certain September game dates, so all orders will be filled on a first come, first served basis.
We look forward to seeing you at the ballpark in September!

Thank You,

Tyler Johnson

skottyj242
08-15-2008, 10:50 AM
You have Tyler as your rep? He's the worst ever.

Lillian
08-15-2008, 10:54 AM

Why is he so bad? He's never done much for me, but then I don't recall his predecessors doing much either.

btrain929
08-15-2008, 10:55 AM
Depending on the day (I'm guessing we would try to shoot for a game on the weekend so more people can show?), I'm interested.

kevingrt
08-15-2008, 11:04 AM
I'd be interested.

twentywontowin
08-15-2008, 11:15 AM
I'd go but you guys probably don't want me in a box. Seriously.

Lillian
08-15-2008, 11:20 AM
How would we administrate this event? I'll ask my rep if he has a suggestion. There is the issue of making a reservation, and then collecting the money.

SouthSideSoxFan
08-15-2008, 11:26 AM
I'd do it, with my girlfriend.

My rep sucks as well, I'd say the primary issue is a lack of attention to detail and sometimes difficulty in getting in touch. But, when I've pushed back, he's come through but I'm always irritated that I have to push back. There was a big ticket screw up once that was his fault, a massive inconvenience for me, and then instead of refunding some tickets I never received, and he gave me two Jim Beam Club tickets as an apology that I accepted. I've just come to the conclusion that I'll never quite get what I want from my rep, but in general he means well. It's a little sad that I've settled into low expectations the last couple of years, but even with the issues the White Sox are still more responsive than other organizations I won't mention where I've been a season ticket holder.

pdimas
08-15-2008, 11:33 AM

Why is he so bad? He's never done much for me, but then I don't recall his predecessors doing much either.

He likes hugging skottyj when we win. :smile:

skotty likes hugs

jenn2080
08-15-2008, 12:50 PM
i got the same email. I give the White Sox enough of my money so I am for sure taking a pass on this.

IlliniSox
08-15-2008, 02:28 PM

100% disagree.

Goodman6
08-15-2008, 02:48 PM

I don't post here very often, but Tyler Johnson is by far the BEST rep I have ever had and I have gone thru a few reps over the past several years.

Save McCuddy's
08-15-2008, 04:50 PM
Rob Vallas was the best rep I ever had or will have. Awesome.

Tyler is ok.

soxfanreggie
08-15-2008, 06:11 PM
I'd be in if the date worked. However, it's interesting that the e-mail first said "ANY" game in September, but later it said that they have suites for "certain September game dates".

alohafri
08-15-2008, 07:39 PM
Rob Vallas was the best rep I ever had or will have. Awesome.

Tyler is ok.

I have Tyler too. He isn't the best I have had, but he is pretty good. Greg and Brad were the best!

RealFan
08-15-2008, 08:18 PM
What do you all think of Jeff Bogacki as a rep?

Brian26
08-15-2008, 08:42 PM
Each suite includes a select number of parking passes, beer, soda, and a basic food menu featuring pan-seared chicken w/ potatoes, roast beef & turkey sandwiches, mixed green salad, hot dogs, dry roasted peanuts, and a fresh fruit tray. Upgrades to your food and drink package are also available upon request.

Quite honestly, that doesn't seem like it's anywhere close to being worth $110, especially for anyone who's going to ride the train down to the park and doesn't intend on getting wasted on bad domestic beer.

Seems like Scout Seats or Jim Beam Club give you a much better value for your dollar.

Vernam
08-15-2008, 10:12 PM
I'd go but you guys probably don't want me in a box. Seriously.What kind of box? JK :cool:

I got the same mail and believe the hangup is that there is NOT unlimited beer. I repeat, there is NOT unlimited beer. I cannot emphasize strongly enough that . . . you know, the beer is NOT UNLIMITED.

They have an open bar option that is reasonably priced but includes only hard liquor and wine. I don't trust people who drink that stuff at ball games. You could buy beer by the case, but I can just imagine how much that would cost.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade -- in fact would love to hang out w/ (some) WSIers in a suite -- but just be aware that there could be additional charges for, as I may have mentioned, BEER. <teal>:wink:</teal>

Vernam

GlassSox
08-15-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm interested

chisoxmike
08-16-2008, 12:55 AM
**** no.

Nellie_Fox
08-16-2008, 02:17 AM
http://twinecreative.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/picture-1.png

Excuse me, can anyone here tell me the score?

...I don't think they can hear me out there...I need to smell me a hotdog.

Lillian
08-16-2008, 08:53 AM
Thanks for all of your replies. However there doesn't appear to be sufficient interest in this, so I'm making other plans.
Thanks again.

Parrothead
08-16-2008, 09:21 AM
What do you all think of Jeff Bogacki as a rep?

Jeff was / is great to me in the past. Always returned calls and called every once in a while just to make sure things are ok.

I give Jeff a :thumbsup:

pdimas
08-16-2008, 12:02 PM
100% disagree.

I don't post here very often, but Tyler Johnson is by far the BEST rep I have ever had and I have gone thru a few reps over the past several years.

skotty was being facetious. Tyler is right up there with Greg Hodges as the best rep I have had. He is a frequent visitor at our tailgates, has helped us out with special requests, and has even stopped by after the Cubs sweep to celebrate.

Elephant
08-16-2008, 12:05 PM
I'm a little worried about the beer supply.

Basically, it boils down to hanging out in a lounge atmosphere with a game visible in the distance and mostly being sober, if not spending a 50 spot on top of ticket. The food is pretty mediocre up there too. I'd rather sit in the 300 level or if I'm gonna blow money, the Jim Beam Club. Much better food from what I hear.

BainesHOF
08-16-2008, 12:25 PM

I agree. It was very frustrating to get him to care until it was too late. I no longer have season tickets.

By contrast, Greg Hodges was the best. The Sox are lucky to have him. I can't say enough good things about him.