PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Lance Broadway and the Sweet Swinging 4 Postgame thread

Domeshot17
08-14-2008, 04:06 PM
Discuss

Great Outing by Lance, and the bats exploded today

Rocky Soprano
08-14-2008, 04:07 PM
Great to see we completed the sweep! :bandance:

sox1970
08-14-2008, 04:07 PM
42 left. Tie goes to us.

Oldfellah
08-14-2008, 04:08 PM
How sweep it is!!!!!!

thomas35forever
08-14-2008, 04:08 PM
:sweep
That's all that needs to be said.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-14-2008, 04:09 PM
http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/9387/whoohoond6.jpg
Back to back to back to back! That was a fun game, and everyone did good! Hope Broadway will fill the 5 spot nicely! :bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
Paulie Freaking Konerko.

Good comeback from Broadway after the first and what an explosion in the 7th. Good to see us step on someone's neck and complete the sweep.

Domeshot17
Too bad it was a day game because you will never see this combination of things ever again

The Sox got a GOOD START from a rookie from Triple A mixed with back to back to back to back Homers and oh yah PK stole a base

Oldfellah
I don't remember the last time I saw back to back to back to back HR's... Awesome game!!!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

beasly213
Nice. We beat the team we were supposed to beat. Now onto Oakland and lets beat those Pesky A's.

thomas35forever
08-14-2008, 04:10 PM
Back to back to back to back! That was a fun game, and everyone did good! Hope Broadway will fill the 5 spot nicely! :bandance:
Haha! Your best one yet!:lol:

Frontman
Glad to see Broadway settle down after the 2nd and pitch well. Nice to see Paulie go yard, nice to see the Sox pick up their pitcher after a rough first inning.

Good job all the way around, get even a half a game up on the Twins, now off to Oakland for a few out there.

turners56
Discuss

Great Outing by Lance, and the bats exploded today

2-0 against KC. Not exactly impressive, but he got the job done.

He pitched incredibly well today considering he settled down really well after the 1st and 2nd innings. Had Konerko made that play behind him in the first, he might of given up one run or maybe even none.

Good home stand. Win 2 of 3 from those struggling A's and we're good.

cali2005.
sweep baby... love it...

nice job by broadway to settle down after that 1st inning....

broadway is undefeated this year :bandance:

Huisj
Was Russell throwing smoke at the end of game? I didn't see it, but 4 k's and Gameday had some pitches at 97 and 98! Sheesh. I still think he can settle in and be important to the bullpen.

Boondock Saint
Awesome postgame title, awesome game. Now, if only some people can keep a level head for the entirety of a ballgame. I'm looking at you, gamethread.

turners56
08-14-2008, 04:11 PM

ROFL. :rolling:

spawn
08-14-2008, 04:11 PM

He did what Clayton Richard couldn't.

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-14-2008, 04:12 PM
It'll be interesting to see what Lance can do against someone else other than the Royals...but he did look good....

Not to bitch and moan...but it would be nice to capitalize witht he bases loaded more often....

Nice win guys...keep it going!

:bandance:

Rockabilly
08-14-2008, 04:13 PM
Broadway was awesome today.. We should had our 3rd str8 shut out...

ohthosechisox
I don't remember the last time I saw back to back to back to back HR's... Awesome game!!!!!:bandance::bandance::bandance:

Neither do I! Apparently it's only the 6th time in history that it's been accomplished.

Great game! :-)

doublem23

He looked better than Richard did in any of his starts. If Broadway can give the Sox outings like that, then we'll be OK.

bigsoxfan420
Why did they pull Broadway after 5.1 innings? Was he in trouble, high pitch count or what?

Boondock Saint
08-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Why did they pull Broadway after 5.1 innings? Was he in trouble, high pitch count or what?

He was over 100 pitches.

thomas35forever
08-14-2008, 04:14 PM
Neither do I! Apparently it's only the 6th time in history that it's been accomplished.

Great game! :-)
And my Cubs fan friend insists as I tell him that the Cubs have done it too even though there's no record of them doing it. Even after I show him the page from retrosheet.org, he still doesn't believe it because he "just knows they've done it."

kittle42
08-14-2008, 04:15 PM

100 pitches. No need to stretch him.

Rockabilly

Speaking of Richard.. I thought he was back in the big leagues according to a few reports..

voodoochile
Tonight's the night the lights go up on Broadway.
And you can smell the fireworks in the air...

That's how you treat cellar dwelling teams. Not personal, just bidness, baby!

Back to 16 over, but a PITA 3-game road trip coming. Keep it rolling, White Sox...

:winner

:sweep:

:supernana:
"It's been too long since I've been allowed out. I feel like dancing..."

:)

Vienna
Somebody check the fireworks crew for repetitive stress injuries. :D:

I was trying to keep an eye on the score at work...was happy to see the scoring outburst. I like to see that RS/RA differential continue to climb again.

kittle42
And my Cubs fan friend insists as I tell him that the Cubs have done it too even though there's no record of them doing it. Even after I show him the page from retrosheet.org, he still doesn't believe it because he "just knows they've done it."

Sounds like the typical moronic Cubs fan argument to me! Maybe he thinks they've won the World Series in the last century, too.

MsSoxVixen22
08-14-2008, 04:16 PM
Too bad it was a day game because you will never see this combination of things ever again

The Sox got a GOOD START from a rookie from Triple A mixed with back to back to back to back Homers and oh yah PK stole a base

Yeah I'm not too pleased I had to listen to this game on the radio! I rather would've watched it! Homer explosion and Lance settled down! Hopefully dare I say it, this will signal PK's turn around? Please pretty please, with sugar on top?? Let's kick some Oakland Ass this weekend boys! At least I won't have to worry about staying up late to watch this series since they're on Fri and Sat night!

bigsoxfan420
08-14-2008, 04:17 PM
100 pitches. No need to stretch him.

Totaly agree. Thanks, I didn't see a pitch count on MLB gameday.

thomas35forever
08-14-2008, 04:18 PM
Who saw Toby look around during that interview? Juan gives it to him anyway!

BadBobbyJenks
Uribe and Swisher double team Toby Hall. Hey Now!

ohthosechisox

Nope, the Cubs have not accomplished this feat.
There is a list of the six teams on this mlb.com article. Most recently, the Dodgers in '06 and the Red Sox in '07.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080814&content_id=3309140&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

turners56
08-14-2008, 04:19 PM

True.

johnnyg83
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM

I believe in unicorns for the same reason.

Boondock Saint
08-14-2008, 04:21 PM
Nope, the Cubs have not accomplished this feat.
There is a list of the six teams on this mlb.com article.
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080814&content_id=3309140&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb

:sahaf
Lies.

BadBobbyJenks
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
I could not understand Ozzie. What was he talking about with Broadway and the 5th starter spot?

Rockabilly
08-14-2008, 04:22 PM
What changes did Ozzie say were coming during his press conference.. I missed it

TDog
08-14-2008, 04:24 PM
This link (http://www.baseball-almanac.com/recbooks/rb_hr8.shtml) is buried near the end of the first game thread today. If anyone has questions about team records for home runs in an inning, this should answer it.

Broadway had a rough first inning, but had the composure to stay in the game. Royals fans, if any care, might have complained that their team was making him look like Cy Young. But the only runs the Royals scored in the series were those two in the first off Broadway.

The Sox didn't extend Carrasco today, who could be needed in the bullpen in the coming days. They didn't extend anyone but Russell, who is at the back of the pen anyway.

The Sox should have scored a lot more runs early. They left five in scoring position in the first three innings. But they still had the lead. The longer the pitching shut down the Royals, the better the chances for the Sox power had to put the game away. Thome did that with his two-out three-run home. The rest made it possible for players to knock off early. In the case of Jenks and probably Thornton, the afternoon off.

It would have been special to have been in the ballpark for the four consecutive home runs, with the scoreboard exploding each time. The pyrotechnics were probably still streaking in the air when Konerko hit out the first pitch he saw. But what I liked about this series was the pitching. You can't complain about allowing two runs in three games. The starting pitching since Boston came into town, and even the early relief when Contreras went down, came through.

What a way to show up the Royals after the last series in Kansas City. Pardon us while we completely kick your butts, Royals.

And somewhere, there are Twins fans complaining that the Royals lay down for the Sox after playing the Twins so tough in Minnesota last weekend.

hawkjt
08-14-2008, 04:25 PM
Big Win. Kudos to

Broadway....recovered after shaky defense put him in a hole. Showed some poise out there. Earned the win and another shot vs Seattle.

Thome...after a very slow start, he is at 71 RBI's and could concievably get to 100...and will lead all DH's in homers and rbis.

PK...could have pouted after his error in the 1st and his first at bat..but came back with a 3 hit game and a homer...

Juany...this guy is back to life,big time. Hot at the plate, making all the plays at third....Juan is back!!!

JD...Mr Steady...just keeps hitting ..went thru a brief cool period earlier in the week but is back and doing his thing. Missed a granny by about two feet.

Russell...looked dominant the last two inning. Good to see.

Now, we are at the season high 16 over.500 but the fricking A's loom. That makes tomorrow nites game huge,imo. Break thru that pyschological barrier of 16 over and deal with the hex out in Oakland at the same time.
I am not displeased that we will not see Sweeney...he has hurt us. But we will see Gio..and two other leftys..Smith shut us down once already.
So let kill the A's hex, the lefty hex and the 16 over .500 hex all on the same nite....tomorrow. Go Sox.

thomas35forever
08-14-2008, 04:30 PM
:supernana:
"It's been too long since I've been allowed out. I feel like dancing..."

Sorry, I don't think you can dance. However, HE can:
:moonwalk:

bluestar
08-14-2008, 04:31 PM
What changes did Ozzie say were coming during his press conference.. I missed it

I think he was saying they need to make a decision regarding the bullpen, because he can't use Broadway now for 4-5 more days, and that leaves him down a bullpen arm.

turners56
08-14-2008, 04:34 PM
Paulie had a SB today. The impossible has happened!

TDog
08-14-2008, 04:35 PM
Paulie had a SB today. The impossible has happened!

It was his second this year.

SoxSpeed22
08-14-2008, 04:39 PM
Nice sweep to go into Oakland. Lance did what he was supposed to do. The home runs came in and it is a game lead now.

Rockabilly
08-14-2008, 04:41 PM
Does anyone know if Thornton is still hurt

turners56
08-14-2008, 04:46 PM
Does anyone know if Thornton is still hurt

He's not even hurt. He had a sore back, but that's it. He's fine now.

Rockabilly
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
He's not even hurt. He had a sore back, but that's it. He's fine now.

thank god.. I'm glad we were able to rest him this week and still win the games..

TomBradley72
08-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Uribe now hitting .291 with a .350 OBP since the All Star break.

Adele_H
08-14-2008, 04:52 PM
The good: Sox win convincingly. Back-to-back-to-back-to-back HR? Are you kidding me?! Bring on the dog-awful A's, woot! :bandance:

The bad: the way Broadway pitched earlier in the game - falling behind in the count; 88 mph fastball into wheelhouse; leaving change-up up; nonexistent "best in the draft" curveball - he would have likely gotten killed by about 15 different teams... of which the slumping Royals thankfully were not one.

Ugly: Konerko's defense. The other day, a Gordon's "triple" was basically an out Swisher would have had. And today, he royally screws up a DP, which while far from routine, a good major leaguer on a team with World Series aspirations, should get at least one out on.

turners56
08-14-2008, 04:53 PM
The good: Sox win convincingly. Back-to-back-to-back-to-back HR? Are you kidding me?! Bring on the dog-awful A's, woot! :bandance:

The bad: the way Broadway pitched earlier in the game - falling behind in the count; 88 mph fastball into wheelhouse; leaving change-up up; nonexistent "best in the draft" curveball - he would have likely gotten killed by about 15 different teams... of which the slumping Royals thankfully were not one.

Ugly: Konerko's defense. The other day, a Gordon's "triple" was basically an out Swisher would have had. And today, he royally screws up a DP, which while far from routine, a good major leaguer on a team with World Series aspirations, should get at least one out on.

He did go 3-4 today. :shrug:

infohawk
08-14-2008, 05:02 PM
I seem to recall Boston doing it either early this year or last year on Sunday night baseball.

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-14-2008, 05:04 PM
I forgot to mention that Juan is really making a case for third base...hitting the ball damn well and the defense...I need not say anything....

cheezheadsoxfan
08-14-2008, 05:07 PM
:o:

esbrechtel
08-14-2008, 05:09 PM

This has been HUGE for the Sox and awful for Fields....I have given Uribe crap for quite some time about his offense but his defense has been amazing, it is nice to get some # on the offensive side from him and allow Crede the time to get healthy

oeo
08-14-2008, 05:13 PM
thank god.. I'm glad we were able to rest him this week and still win the games..

Outside of that outing against Detroit in the 14-inning game, Thornton has been pretty ****ty.

Adele_H
08-14-2008, 05:18 PM
He did go 3-4 today. :shrug:

No, he didn't.

Jeckle2000
08-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Outside of that outing against Detroit in the 14-inning game, Thornton has been pretty ****ty.

He has been one of our top relievers this year. Just because he has had a handful of bad outings lately doesn't turn his entire year ****ty. ****ty is Logan, Masset, Wasserman, or MacDougal. We are lucky to have Thornton!

Adele_H
08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
He has been one of our top relievers this year. Just because he has had a handful of bad outings lately doesn't turn his entire year ****ty. ****ty is Logan, Masset, Wasserman, or MacDougal. We are lucky to have Thornton!

Yeah, Thornton was money for about the first 3 months or so, Gabe Gross aside. Lots of "high stress" innings success.

But his critics are also right: the season is 7 months not 3 months long; and if Thornton continues to be wild & unable to throw a quality breaking ball consistently down the stretch, causing the Sox to lose big games... his excellent first half won't be much consolation.

I am also thinking his back is (negatively) affecting him more than the Sox let on.

Jeckle2000
08-14-2008, 05:48 PM
Yeah, Thornton was money for about the first 3 months or so, Gabe Gross aside. Lots of "high stress" innings success.

But his critics are also right: the season is 7 months not 3 months long; and if Thornton continues to be wild & unable to throw a quality breaking ball consistently down the stretch, causing the Sox to lose big games... his excellent first half won't be much consolation.

I am also thinking his back is (negatively) affecting him more than the Sox let on.

Thornton hasn't really cost us many games though either. I mean there was the game in Boston where Dotel bailed him out and he allowed the runner to score on the wild pitch. But you are going to have bad outings every now and then out of any pitcher. Right now he is the 3rd best pitcher in our bullpen. And not many guys can toss 97 heat from the left side with ease. I wouldn't trade Thornton for anyone right now...

Boondock Saint
08-14-2008, 05:58 PM
No, he didn't.

Give me a break. He went 3-for-5 with a HR and a stolen base. He contributed as much to the win as anyone.

Adele_H
08-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Give me a break. He went 3-for-5 with a HR and a stolen base. He contributed as much to the win as anyone.

I won't argue with that... although he did the team no favors by arguably costing them 2 big runs in the 1st with his glove AND then leaving bases loaded in the bottom half of the inning. His HR with the team firmly in control of the game was nice, but nothing more than that.

I've given Paulie 3 lifetime's worth of breaks. And unlike some here - you know who you are, lol - who secretly root for Kong to fail so Brian Anderson can play, I am very happy when he succeeds.

But one thing I would NEVER do for Konerko or any other player for that matter is put on ultra-rosey glasses or blindly accept things that aren't acceptable - just for the sake of fitting in, crowd-pleasing, etc.

Frater Perdurabo
08-14-2008, 06:15 PM
And unlike some here - you know who you are, lol - who secretly root for Kong to fail so Brian Anderson can play.

:rolleyes:

Nobody is rooting for a Sox player to fail so that another player gets to play.

Besides, even if PK, Swisher and Griffey all broke their legs, Ozzie still would start Wise against all RHPs.
:tongue:

oeo
08-14-2008, 06:18 PM

First of all, I never said his entire year has been bad; I was talking about lately (like the last month or so).

Secondly, Logan was one of our top relievers, too, up until this past month, so your judgment is a little skewed.

Boondock Saint
08-14-2008, 06:22 PM
I won't argue with that... although he did the team no favors by arguably costing them 2 big runs in the 1st with his glove AND then leaving bases loaded in the bottom half of the inning. His HR with the team firmly in control of the game was nice, but nothing more than that.

I've given Paulie 3 lifetime's worth of breaks. And unlike some here - you know who you are, lol - who secretly root for Kong to fail so Brian Anderson can play, I am very happy when he succeeds.

But one thing I would NEVER do for Konerko or any other player for that matter is put on ultra-rosey glasses or blindly accept things that aren't acceptable - just for the sake of fitting in, crowd-pleasing, etc.

Yet, you're strangely silent when it comes to Quentin striking out with the bases loaded, Thome striking out with 2 on, etc...the team left 10 runners stranded today. But it's Konerko's fault we didn't score 20.

Get off Konerko's ass for one ****ing day, please. He had a hell of a game.

It's Dankerific
08-14-2008, 06:29 PM
Get off Konerko's ass for one ****ing day, please. He had a hell of a game.

Wow, standards really have dropped a ton for a "hell of a game." It was a good game... but come on. 6 TB, 1 rbi, 1 sb.

I'm not the one who has said it, but someone points out how PK has done much better when the pressure is off. That HR was icing on the already made cake.

But hell, I'll entertain the thought this evening that it will lead to a good weekend in Oakland for PK. We'll need him against all those LHP.

Boondock Saint
08-14-2008, 06:35 PM
Wow, standards really have dropped a ton for a "hell of a game." It was a good game... but come on. 6 TB, 1 rbi, 1 sb.

I'm not the one who has said it, but someone points out how PK has done much better when the pressure is off. That HR was icing on the already made cake.

But hell, I'll entertain the thought this evening that it will lead to a good weekend in Oakland for PK. We'll need him against all those LHP.

1) You're going to blame him for not driving runs in when there's nobody on? He got three hits! It's not his fault that he lead off an inning twice and came up after a HR. He got hits both of times he lead off, and stole second the second time he lead off. It's not his fault he didn't get knocked in afterward. One time he came up with runners on. 3 of the other 4 at-bats were hits. But it's still his fault he didn't drive runners in.

2) Two of his hits came when the game was 3-2, and the 3rd came directly after Thome's HR. I think that's pressure enough.

Why are people picking this guy apart even when he has a good game?

turners56
08-14-2008, 06:35 PM

Don't forget Johnny Damon's three run homer...

Adele_H
08-14-2008, 06:45 PM
Yet, you're strangely silent when it comes to Quentin striking out with the bases loaded, Thome striking out with 2 on, etc...the team left 10 runners stranded today. But it's Konerko's fault we didn't score 20..

First of all, Carlos Quentin saved this season; I think that entitles him to a bit more leeway in terms of failing at the plate, no? Secondly, Dye picked Quentin up by smoking a double, while Konerko's stranded batters at the time hurt - especially with Broadway pitching as badly as he was in the early going.

Thome? Hit a HR that actually mattered in terms of blowing a tight game wide open. And, he too, has been carrying this team on his aged back for 2+ months.

But most importantly... my comment was obviously limited to Konerko's lately-awful glove. Someone else tried to stick his offense in my face, and they got a proper response.

Boondock Saint
08-14-2008, 06:55 PM
First of all, Carlos Quentin saved this season; I think that entitles him to a bit more leeway in terms of failing at the plate, no? Secondly, Dye picked Quentin up by smoking a double, while Konerko's stranded batters at the time hurt - especially with Broadway pitching as badly as he was in the early going.

Thome? Hit a HR that actually mattered in terms of blowing a tight game wide open. And, he too, has been carrying this team on his back for 2+ months.

Most importantly... my comment was limited to Konerko's lately-awful glove. Someone else tried to stick his offense in my face, and they got a proper response.

First off, you didn't give him a "proper" response, you gave him a dismissive, smart-assed response. He left out one at-bat, and you fired back as if that one at bat changes everything.

Secondly, in regards to the part of your post I've bolded, you're "blindly accepting something unacceptable" in regards to Quentin's at bat by saying that Dye got the job done for him. So Konerko's at bat was worse because he didn't have someone come up and drive the runs in for him afterward?

Anyway, I'm getting away from my original point. Stop being so damned critical of Konerko's performance today. I'm not saying let him off the hook for the season, just give him a break. He made an error. So what? So did Cabrera. We won the game anyway, and that's what matters.

SoxGirl4Life
08-14-2008, 06:57 PM
You know how I know its been a GREAT win by the Sox? None of the complainers that I have blocked ever show up in the post-game thread!

:bandance:

LongLiveFisk
08-14-2008, 07:08 PM
I was at the game....great atmosphere and the 4 homers in a row was unreal. I know I've never seen that before and I'm not sure what the record is (I haven't read through this thread to see if it was mentioned).

Did anyone else who was at the game see the Cubs fan leaving the left field bleachers with a bloody nose? I'm guessing he was stirring up trouble but I didn't see any fight break out.

Adele_H
08-14-2008, 07:21 PM
Secondly, in regards to the part of your post I've bolded, you're "blindly accepting something unacceptable" in regards to Quentin's at bat by saying that Dye got the job done for him. So Konerko's at bat was worse because he didn't have someone come up and drive the runs in for him afterward? .

Again, just because I chose Konerko's glove for the "Ugly", doesn't necessarily mean that there aren't other occurences in the game that effectively fall under same category. I thought that was beyond obvious; feel free to post your own Good-Bad-Ugly. Ya dig?

Again you insist on discussing Konerko's offense... So I will: there is a difference between hitting with 1 out and 2 outs. It may be counter-intuitive, and even unfair insofar as that it places slightly different expectations on each hitter.... but it's more of an imperative to come through with 2 outs than it is with 1 out for obvious reasons that you saw in action today: Quentin failed miserably but Dye came up and smoked a double that missed being a granny by a couple of feet - whereas, Konerko greedily overswung on a ball inside knowing full well that failure meant the INNING IS OVER AND NO RUNS SCORE - especially damning considering Konerko had just cost the team 1-2 runs with his glove, and Broadway looked like he was going to fall apart. Paulie's unwillingness to hit situationally could have cost the team dearly today.

(And before you say anything.... no, it's not an excuse for TCQ failing to left a sac fly, either)

PicktoCLick72
08-14-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm really wondering why Toby Hall wasn't sent down. I mean he could have created history for our Sox but he greedily struck out. Talk about not doing his fair share.

EuroSox35
08-14-2008, 08:46 PM
Sox did get a record, Quentin hit in 6 straight days. The part I like is him not backing down, don't change anything son

Frankfan4life
08-14-2008, 08:50 PM
I envy the fans who went to the game today. It must have been a blast, literally.

I'm just totally happy about today's game. Please White Sox, keep this smile on my face!! :D:

Adele_H
08-14-2008, 09:02 PM
Sox did get a record, Quentin hit in 6 straight days.

:hawk

"Sox with 2 major league records in a game? Swisher with the worm? I CAN'T STAND IT!"

chisoxfanatic
08-15-2008, 12:23 AM
I KNEW there was a reason my mind and body felt at peace this afternoon as I was hiking around Escalante Canyon...must've been ESP or something.

That must've been cool to witness firsthand! I'm so glad Broadway did so well. Maybe he'll fit in that 5th starter spot for the rest of the season! Hopefully this will continue in Oakland.

KenBerryGrab
08-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Not only was it awesome to be there for the four straight bombs, we had a great Air and Water Show preview with the Blue Angels and others flying right over the park. Great day to be in the right field upper deck!

After one close pass, Nancy broke into "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines." Gotta love Nancy!

LongLiveFisk
08-15-2008, 10:13 AM
After one close pass, Nancy broke into "Those Magnificent Men in their Flying Machines." Gotta love Nancy!

And that's another benefit to going to these weekday games. You get Nancy, and that's always great. :cool:

Railsplitter
08-15-2008, 10:34 AM
Four straight gopher balls. That's some sorry pitching

:bandance::bandance::bandance:

PeoriaSoxFan
08-15-2008, 01:06 PM
Great decision by me not to go to the game yesterday. 4 consecutive HRs and the Blue Angels flying overhead, not to mention TCQ extending his HBP record. Granted, I only gave up upper deck tickets, but I think it would have been better than seeing my daughter's softball team pummeled 21-1. Keep it going Sox and get some distance between the evil Twins!