PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think that both the Sox and Cubs

Rockabilly
08-14-2008, 11:51 AM
will have the ROY..

With Longoria out I can see Alexei passing him up. Also Soto has probably already wrapped up the NL ROY..

Has this ever happen before that both sides of town for any city, had the ROY in the same year..

Marqhead
08-14-2008, 11:55 AM
If the Rays make the playoffs, there is no chance anyone but Longoria wins it. I don't think Alexei has nearly enough national recognition to win the award.

palehozenychicty
08-14-2008, 11:57 AM
If the Rays make the playoffs, there is no chance anyone but Longoria wins it. I don't think Alexei has nearly enough national recognition to win the award.

What he said. Alexei has barely been talked about by anyone, much less Chicago media.

Vestigio
08-14-2008, 12:13 PM
I dont even think the Rays have to make the playoffs for Longoria to win the RotY. The award isnt like the MVP where the likely winner would have to play for a contending team. Longoria has it pretty much all wrapped up, in my opinion.

salty99
08-14-2008, 12:15 PM
Agreed. I bet even Ellsbury finishes ahead of Alexei.

balke
08-14-2008, 12:31 PM
If Alexei plays even better in the coming month and a half, yeah he might get it.

He has a lot working against him right now.

TommyJohn
08-14-2008, 01:13 PM
will have the ROY..

With Longoria out I can see Alexei passing him up. Also Soto has probably already wrapped up the NL ROY..

Has this ever happen before that both sides of town for any city, had the ROY in the same year..

Don't know about ROY, but in 1959 The White Sox and Cubs had both MVPs-Nellie Fox and Ernie Banks