PDA

View Full Version : Mágglio not in the lineup

Viva Magglio
05-12-2002, 02:40 PM
They're giving him the day off to rest his back today and tomorrow.

Jerry_Manuel
05-12-2002, 02:45 PM
Lineup changes once again, but I'm guessing it's because Magglio is out.

Lofton
Tony G at 2B
Frank
Paul
CLee
Alomar
Jose
Rowand
Choice

OfficerKarkovice
05-12-2002, 02:51 PM
Does anybody know what our record is when Tony G is in the lineup? It seems to me that it is not very good but I haven't been able to watch many games so maybe I'm wrong.

Jerry_Manuel
05-12-2002, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by OfficerKarkovice
Does anybody know what our record is when Tony G is in the lineup? It seems to me that it is not very good but I haven't been able to watch many games so maybe I'm wrong.

I'm not sure, but that's a good point. People would complain that he never plays, but all of the sudden he's starting 2 games a week.

Weird.

HawkDJ
05-12-2002, 02:58 PM
Does anybody know what our record is when Tony G is in the lineup?
I'm pretty sure its 4-4.

PaleHoseGeorge
05-12-2002, 02:59 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Lineup changes once again, but I'm guessing it's because Magglio is out.

Lofton
Tony G at 2B
Frank
Paul
CLee
Alomar
Jose
Rowand
Choice

I don't get it. Why is Durham benched? Is he hurt?

Wow. First you drop him to #6 in the line up, then you give him a two-day vacation. The guy is going to get a complex.

Not that it would take very much. :smile:

CLR01
05-12-2002, 03:04 PM

In games he has played the sox are 7-7. In games he has had mor than 3 ab's, which ill assume he started, they are 4-5. In the last last 7 gams (going back to april 27th) hes has played in the sox are 1-6. The win coming against texas on the 8th.

Jerry_Manuel
05-12-2002, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Perhaps because a left is on the mound, or because Durham has pissed off Manuel.

CLR01
05-12-2002, 05:03 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

Wow. First you drop him to #6 in the line up, then you give him a two-day vacation. The guy is going to get a complex.

Not that it would take very much. :smile:

Perhaps its because he has 0 hits his last 3 games, 3-21 his last 6 games, 6-37 in the month of May or 14-69 the last 20????

MaggPipes
05-12-2002, 05:54 PM
MAGGS PINCH HIT HR....how is that for managing?????

We will see how healthy he is if he stays in the field.

OfficerKarkovice
05-12-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by MaggPipes
MAGGS PINCH HIT HR....how is that for managing?????

We will see how healthy he is if he stays in the field.

Maybe Leifer will go in for him in RF...or I would think so at least.

Garrison
05-12-2002, 06:31 PM
I guess Maggs was rested for his back but then he ended up pinch hitting for Aaron (0-3) and got game-tying homer. He went into right field too. Finally a good managing call by JM. Why Graffanino again? I like the guy. He plays well (when he isn't getting errors) and has been hitting really well (home run this afternoon). But why rest/bench Durham again? I understand that he is in a slump and his defense isn't the best of late, but of all the Sox he has gotten the most days off for sure. Why isn't he playing as much?