PDA

View Full Version : Twins little Road trip

BigP50
08-14-2008, 12:19 AM
starting late next week the Twins will go on a 14 Game road trip, this is a ood chance for the Sox to get a bigger lead

WisSoxFan
08-14-2008, 09:16 AM
I keep reading about the Twins 14-game road trip and how that is our chance to make some hay, but looking at the schedule the Sox have 10 and 9 game road trips remaining (and have to finish a suspended game during the 9-gamer) and have two more road games remaining than the Twins and a worse road record than the Twins. I get the excitement over the potential for disaster on the Twins 14-game trip, but it's not like the Sox have a cake walk schedule into October.

hawkjt
08-14-2008, 01:01 PM
I agree that the Twins and Sox both smell the end of the battle now and both will perform better as they drive toward the pennant. I could see the twins playing better than .600 ball the rest of the way...division winners usually have a run late in the year..the sox will need to win at least 93 games to win this thing and that means going 26-17 down the stretch..still might not be good enough...95-96 wins might be needed which could require the sox to go 29-14 down the stretch. Tough.

btrain929
08-14-2008, 01:05 PM
I'm surprised nobody is mentioning that after their 14 game road trip, they are home for a week, then go on the road again for another 10 games. That will make it a lot more difficult for them down the road then simply the 14 game road trip itself.

Hopefully by the time we play them in MIN, they will be a good 4-5 games out, so if we only take 1-3, we'll still be in good position.

RockJock07
08-14-2008, 01:13 PM
I keep reading about the Twins 14-game road trip and how that is our chance to make some hay, but looking at the schedule the Sox have 10 and 9 game road trips remaining (and have to finish a suspended game during the 9-gamer) and have two more road games remaining than the Twins and a worse road record than the Twins. I get the excitement over the potential for disaster on the Twins 14-game trip, but it's not like the Sox have a cake walk schedule into October.

September's schedule is really weird, the sox have a 10 game homestand with some tough teams and then go on a 10 game road trip themselves.

Who are the teams that the twins will face anyways?

kraut83
08-14-2008, 01:17 PM
September's schedule is really weird, the sox have a 10 game homestand with some tough teams and then go on a 10 game road trip themselves.

Angels, M's and A's.

I could see a .500 road trip for them.

WisSoxFan
08-14-2008, 01:23 PM

XXX

Angels for 4, Mariners for 3, A's for 4, Blue Jays for 3

BadBobbyJenks
08-14-2008, 01:26 PM
September 23-25 will decide this.

Foulke You
08-15-2008, 11:34 AM
September 23-25 will decide this.
Sadly, I think you are correct. I also think the final 3 games against Cleveland will be big too but not as big as those 3 in the dome. I just hope the Sox can enter that final series with a 2 game lead so that all we would need is 1 win at the dome to leave with the division lead intact. We'd be in pretty good shape heading home for 3 against last place Cleveland. The only thing we'd have to worry about in that series is a potential Cliff Lee start.