PDA

View Full Version : Long Term State

Viva Magglio
05-12-2002, 02:25 PM
Are you worried about the long term state of the White Sox?

doublem23
05-12-2002, 02:36 PM
Long-term as in what? Entire season? 5-years from now? So, to qualify my answer... On a scale of 1-100 of how worried I am about the Sox (100 being I'm going to jump out the window before I post this message, 1 being I'm mellower than a stoned... well, I'll stop there.)

ANYWAYS, I'm at about a 8... Reason: There's no one else in our division. Yeah, Minnesota is in first, but that's because they haven't played anybody yet. We are the best team in this division. How far that will translate into the play-offs is another story, but overall I think the Sox will probably be raising a division banner at least on Opening Day 2003.

After that it gets hazy, but I think the Sox are in good shape compared to most teams. They have the best of both worlds; a solid farm system and a stable base in the bigs already. I think the're fine, and I stand by my statement that maybe 10 or so years from now, I'll be looking back on the 2000 and 2002 campaigns as the ones that set the stage for later glory.

Or I could be completely wrong. In that case, I always make sure there's a window nearby. :D:

Go Sox!

So, to answer your question, no.

WhiteSoxWinner
05-12-2002, 03:10 PM
No real worries about the long term. Like Double said, our division is weak. I thought that maybe the Tigers would turn things around, but boy was I mistaken. The Indians don't have enough hitting or pitching to get the job done. Minnesota same with Minnesota. Even when "White Sox Cy" Mays comes back, Torii Hunter will not keep up this pace. They won't score later in the year. That's why I was kind of glad Canseco is in Charlotte because I always worried he would DH for that club. That would have been bad.

Kenny "I was Cameo in the 80's" Williams will pull the trigger on a deal. Baltimore has been our b**** in trades of late, so hopefully Ponson and Erickson will come here for Canseco and pitcher with a history of arm troubles to be named later.

Spiff
05-12-2002, 03:19 PM
I am somewhat worried, since there is such an opportunity for them, so much potential there, but it doesn't seem to be in the right hands.