PDA

View Full Version : *Official*8-13 Sox Win!!!!

BigP50
08-13-2008, 09:28 PM
we still in 1st baby!!!!

Rdy2PlayBall
08-13-2008, 09:34 PM
http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/861/whohoep9.png
Two shutouts in a row! (and almost no-no by Danks) Looks like we are getting our pitching back! :bandance:

Vienna
As stated in the game thread...nice, stress-free, game. Can go to bed relaxed.

Let's make it a full-game tomorrow night.

veeter
Good, solid win. Getz looks good. I think he'll make a lot of contact. Kudos to Javy and Mark, back to back gems.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-13-2008, 09:35 PM
2 shutouts in a row. Very nice. Hopefully this signals the return of the lights out pitching from earlier in the year. Nice to see Junior and Paulie contribute.

A White Sox Winner:bandance:

UofCSoxFan
08-13-2008, 09:36 PM
Nice win....looked like they shaving cream pied Cox while doing an interview after the game....looks like Thome is getting involved in the act now along with Toby Hall.

Keep the line rolling tomorrow Lance.

LongLiveFisk
08-13-2008, 09:36 PM
And hopefully one more tomorrow! I'll be there! :)

Way to go, Buehrle!! :gulp:

hoosiersoxfan
08-13-2008, 09:37 PM
6-3 on the home stand so far. Finish it off strong tomorrow boys!

Harry Potter
Nice to see a game won without relying on the long ball.

Helluva performance for Burls

Back-to-back shutouts

:bandance:

BadBobbyJenks
Vintage Mark Buehrle tonight. If the pitching has got it back we are a very good team.

I hope Broadway brings his broom to the ballpark tomorrow.

BigP50
08-13-2008, 09:38 PM
now all we need is those stupid Twins to lose

cali2005.
Sox win :bandance: excellent job by MB

hopefully lance continues the recent awesome pitching by the SP.

October26
That play by Uribe early in the game saved the shutout. Griffey made a nice catch in center. Love the execution of the hit and run by the White sox offense to manufacture runs tonight. So happy to see Mark Buehrle get his 10th win of the season.:D: And Bobby Jenks gets it done again.

:bandance:Sox win! Sox win! Oh yeah!:bandance:

Vernam
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Nice thread title. Oh, who cares? Sox Win!!!!

(It was the fourth exclamation mark that got me.)

Three well-pitched games in a row by the starters. Just what the doctor ordered. Literally, given all our guys on the DL.

That Getz kid is s-k-i-n-n-y. Doesn't look bad so far.

Vernam

BigP50
08-13-2008, 09:39 PM
Getz, Griff and obviously MB looked great

LoveYourSuit
08-13-2008, 09:40 PM
The luxury now Ozzie has where if he sits a big bopper there is another big bopper to play in his place.

TCQ 2 well deserved nights off here.

Once again, tip your hat to KW. The idea of getting Griffey for pretty much nothing will be huge down the stretch. Guys will need their rest down the stretch.

hawkjt
08-13-2008, 09:41 PM
Beating KC is not easy as we have seen...specially when their bats are hot. Right now, maybe we caught them in a lull. Broadway needs to keep it going but I have my doubts. KC will be due to bust out against poor lance.

Two wins with Carlos on the bench....oh yea:D:

LoveYourSuit
08-13-2008, 09:42 PM
Beating KC is not easy as we have seen...specially when their bats are hot. Right now, maybe we caught them in a lull. Broadway needs to keep it going but I have my doubts. KC will be due to bust out against poor lance.

Two wins with Carlos on the bench....oh yea:D:

For some reson I like the kid. He keeps his ball down and he will be gold.

veeter
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM

Two wins with Carlos on the bench....oh yea:D:Show the kid some love man. He'll be fine. The sweep will happen.

BigP50
08-13-2008, 09:46 PM
when were owning with CQ20 on the bench, you know something is going right

btrain929
08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
I'm pretty mad that I've missed Getz in yesterday and today's game. I know he has a couple hits, but can anyone give me a quick rundown of how he's looking up there at the plate and in the field? I saw a replay of his play where he went to his left, spinned, and thru it to SS. Not much on the throw but got the job done.

Any analysis/feedback on him would be appreciated.

:gulp::gulp: to the pitching staff!!!! (no, not for you, BA).

jabrch
08-13-2008, 09:47 PM
Keep up the good work fellas...Another series win - now let's see if we can sweep em.

BigP50
08-13-2008, 09:49 PM
late next week the Twinkies go on a 14 Game Road Trip

UofCSoxFan
08-13-2008, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty mad that I've missed Getz in yesterday and today's game. I know he has a couple hits, but can anyone give me a quick rundown of how he's looking up there at the plate and in the field? I saw a replay of his play where he went to his left, spinned, and thru it to SS. Not much on the throw but got the job done.

Any analysis/feedback on him would be appreciated.

:gulp::gulp: to the pitching staff!!!! (no, not for you, BA).

He has a very good approach at the plate....saw his AB live yesterday and he put a real solid swing on the ball. Today his hit was on a perfectly executed hit and run. He also lined out two 2nd on what should have been another hit.

He reminds me a bit of Craig Counsel, without all the goofy pre swing stuff. He looks real solid right now.

kevingrt
08-13-2008, 09:52 PM
late next week the Twinkies go on a 14 Game Road Trip

Cannot be more happy about that. This stupid trip to Oakland this weekend kinda sucks for us though.

WhiteSox5187
08-13-2008, 09:56 PM
Sometimes good pitching can be contagious!

October26
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
I never thought I would type this, but I am enjoying listening to the Sox post game show so far tonight. There are actually normal, calm White Sox fans calling in. Very nice to hear. :smile:

BigP50
08-13-2008, 09:59 PM
I never thought I would type this, but I am enjoying listening to the Sox post game show so far tonight. There are actually normal, calm White Sox fans calling in. Very nice to hear. :smile:

Haha

October26
08-13-2008, 10:00 PM
Cannot be more happy about that. This stupid trip to Oakland this weekend kinda sucks for us though.

Yes, I think I heard Ozzie say on the post game show tonight that the Sox will face 3 lefties in the upcoming series against the A's this weekend. Ugh. That will be a challenge.

But first things first, let's enjoy this win and take care of the Royals one more time tomorrow.

SoxSpeed22
08-13-2008, 10:02 PM
Nice job, Buehrle. Nice hitting, nice pen. Let's sweep these guys.

JB98
08-13-2008, 10:13 PM
The Sox improve to 7-24 in games where they do not hit a home run. Hochevar had a good sinker tonight. Chances were we weren't going to hit a bunch of long balls, so it was great to see the guys manufacture some runs.

Buehrle has looked strong on this homestand. Butler was the only KC hitter to take good swings against Mark tonight. Every other Royals batter looked totally off balance, including the great Mike Aviles.

SoxandtheCityTee
08-13-2008, 10:16 PM
This stupid trip to Oakland this weekend kinda sucks for us though.

Even weirder than the three-game road trip to the west coast is that the Sox and Cubs are both on the road this weekend. I can't remember the last time that happened on a weekend in high summer.

A win tomorrow would set the trip up well though.

Nice game tonight.

ElevenUp
08-13-2008, 10:33 PM
I really liked the way they started off the game. OC reaching second on an error, AJ getting him over with the but and JD knocking him in. Buehrle didn't need anymore after that.

voodoochile
08-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Nice solid all around win. Couple on the board early then add a couple of insurance runs and cruise to the win.

Figure with 4 days off left on the schedule, the Sox only need a 5th starter 4 or 5 times. If the big 4 can keep this going, we're in it to win it.

Take the brooms to KC tomorrow and extend that lead to one full game.

:winner

:bandance:

:)

BigP50
08-13-2008, 10:35 PM
the best part of the game was when Pena air-mailed that throw.

I couldn't stop laughing

Oldfellah
08-13-2008, 10:37 PM
Vintage 2005 Sox in play tonight!!! Fantastic vibes coming out of the Pitchers lately!

turners56
08-13-2008, 11:02 PM
Somebody forgot to mention that this is a postgame thread in their thread title...Great win. Bring your brooms with you tommorow.

BigP50
08-13-2008, 11:04 PM
Somebody forgot to mention that this is a postgame thread in their thread title...Great win. Bring your brooms with you tommorow.

I have my dust pan too.

Cuck the Fubs
08-13-2008, 11:08 PM
Nice game tonight!

Let's get the sweep tomorrow!

BigP50
08-13-2008, 11:11 PM
these two wins have been great. I think the momentum will carry us into the Oakland series

Konerko05
08-13-2008, 11:34 PM
My only complaint about tonight is the wave making it around the stadium about 10 times in the 8th inning.

BigP50
08-13-2008, 11:36 PM
My only complaint about tonight is the wave making it around the stadium about 10 times in the 8th inning.

I'm not a fan of the wave but it is cool when it keeps going and going

Konerko05
08-13-2008, 11:37 PM
I'm not a fan of the wave but it is cool when it keeps going and going

The wave is never cool. Pay attention to the game.

Cuck the Fubs
08-13-2008, 11:45 PM

Anytime the tickets are $7 we get the wave.

It's a side effect of the cheap admission.

There was also an insane amout of beachballs in sec 161.....security spent all night chasing them down.

We caught one in 162 and deflated it, we got booed, but suggested people actually watch the game. Then we got pelted by pennies for 2 innings until I finally snapped and asked them to stop in a semi non polite way.

SBSoxFan
08-13-2008, 11:46 PM
Games like this sure are a pleasure to watch --- good D on both sides, good pitching on both sides, and, of course, the Sox manufacturing some runs and winning!

Congrats to Mark on becoming only the third pitcher in White Sox history to win 10 or more games for at least 8 consecutive seasons. :gulp:

BigP50
08-13-2008, 11:51 PM
so does that gives us 3 pitchers with 10 wins this year?

jabrch
08-13-2008, 11:55 PM
these two wins have been great. I think the momentum will carry us into the Oakland series

Momentum - coupled with how bad Oakland SUCKS.

BigP50
08-13-2008, 11:56 PM

amen, then the momentum from that series carries back to the next home stand!! :bandance:

Woofer
08-13-2008, 11:59 PM
I usually hate the wave, tonights was pretty annoying. The one thing that was at least sort of decent was that it continued between the half inning change. It was much more interesting than the pizza race or the other crap on the scoreboard.

BigP50
08-14-2008, 12:01 AM
It was much more interesting than the pizza race or the other crap on the scoreboard.

That thing is so fixed :)

jabrch
08-14-2008, 12:13 AM
amen, then the momentum from that series carries back to the next home stand!! :bandance:

Just in time for Seattle, who SUCKS, to come to town - assumedly then without Washburn, Vidro or Ibanez.

Jeremy Reed will be bringing his .279/.327/.377 line to town. That will be fun.

BigP50
08-14-2008, 12:16 AM
Just in time for Seattle, who SUCKS, to come to town - assumedly then without Washburn, Vidro or Ibanez.

Now this would be a very good time for the Twins to win win a couple, lose a lot. :gulp:

cali2005.
08-14-2008, 12:18 AM

plus i will be at the oakland games, and i will give us good luck

BigP50
08-14-2008, 12:18 AM
plus i will be at the oakland games, and i will give us good luck

which days are you going?

LoveYourSuit
08-14-2008, 12:20 AM

There was also an insane amout of beachballs in sec 161.....security spent all night chasing them down.

We caught one in 162 and deflated it, we got booed, but suggested people actually watch the game. Then we got pelted by pennies for 2 innings until I finally snapped and asked them to stop in a semi non polite way.

Let moderators do their job here same thing at the ballpark, let security do their thing. There are way too many crazy people out there to get shot over deflating a beach ball is well not worth it.

If I give up my Sox season tickets one of these years it will be because of my annoyance to casual stupid baseball fans. We tend to ride on Cub fandom, the cell tends to get very stupid when 40K get packed in there.

cali2005.
08-14-2008, 12:22 AM
saturday for sure, maybe even sunday

BigP50
08-14-2008, 01:05 AM
saturday for sure, maybe even sunday

how much are tickets out there?

cali2005.
08-14-2008, 01:06 AM
we found some for $35 down the 1st baseline

BigP50
08-14-2008, 01:07 AM
we found some for $35 down the 1st baseline

thats a great deal, one time I sat in the 4th 3rd base line for 17$. Half price monday's

ChiSoxGirl
08-14-2008, 01:57 AM

Here, Here! :cheers: When the wave started, it was late in a three-run ballgame. I know we were the ones up by three, but regardless of that, the fans should be aware of the fact that it was still a close game and at any time, the lead could've been compromised. Instead, they were more focused on getting the wave around the ballpark successfully. :rolleyes: Seriously? This behavior was almost excusable last season when we were out of it, but as a first place team?! I don't think so.

BigP50
08-14-2008, 01:58 AM
just cuz people do the wave doesn't mean they aren't paying attention to the game

ChiSoxGirl
08-14-2008, 02:01 AM
just cuz people do the wave doesn't mean they aren't paying attention to the game

Well, when they start the wave in the middle of an inning, it's hard for me to believe that they're all that focused on the game; they look more concerned with seeing the wave go all the way around the ballpark (and into the lower deck tonight, since it started upstairs around 506) and when it'll be back by them. I never start the wave- partially because I hate it, but mostly because I'm focused on the game and can't worry about something like the wave.

BigP50
08-14-2008, 02:04 AM
Well, when they start the wave in the middle of an inning, it's hard for me to believe that they're all that focused on the game; they look more concerned with seeing the wave go all the way around the ballpark (and into the lower deck tonight, since it started upstairs around 506) and when it'll be back by them. I never start the wave- partially because I hate it, but mostly because I'm focused on the game and can't worry about something like the wave.

if u are just talking about the people that start it I agree but if u were saying that everyone who does it isn't paying attention to the game then I disagree

ChiSoxGirl
08-14-2008, 02:07 AM
if u are just talking about the people that start it I agree but if u were saying that everyone who does it isn't paying attention to the game then I disagree

I was talking about everyone who participates really. I mean, it's easier for people who are just going to participate to focus on the game than it is for those who started it, but at the same time, if you're participating, you've got to be watching the wave so you know when it's time to get out of your seat and "wave."

We could debate this topic all night, and I know it's been debated around these parts time and again. Some people hate the wave (me) and some people don't mind it, so we should probably just agree to disagree on this one.

BigP50
08-14-2008, 02:09 AM
well I think we can both agree that we hate the wave

TDog
08-14-2008, 03:15 AM

I'm definitely going Friday night in Oakland and plan to go Saturday and Sunday. Saturday afternoon is more inconvenient than Saturday night would have been. If I miss any of the games, it will be Saturday's.

Jim Shorts
08-14-2008, 08:00 AM
I was talking about everyone who participates really. I mean, it's easier for people who are just going to participate to focus on the game than it is for those who started it, but at the same time, if you're participating, you've got to be watching the wave so you know when it's time to get out of your seat and "wave."

We could debate this topic all night, and I know it's been debated around these parts time and again. Some people hate the wave (me) and some people don't mind it, so we should probably just agree to disagree on this one.

I hate the wave as well, but I think you have to realize that going to a baseball game is entertainment. And there are some people that don't necessarily like to focus as intently as they would their work when paying for entertainment.

Just sayin

palehozenychicty
08-14-2008, 08:06 AM
Nice job overall. Just win, baby. :cool:

MsSoxVixen22
08-14-2008, 08:32 AM
I wasn't able to watch the game since I was out shopping for my up coming camping trip, but I was happy to see the Sox up 3-0 when I got home! My Dad filled me in, Mark was stellar, yet again and Getz is looking good. He neglected to tell me the Griffey Jr. got a hit though! :o: I'm glad to hear that we scored moving guys along and getting base hits or bunts. Good fundamental baseball right there! I feel good about this team, when one of our big bats, TCQ, has been on the bench for 2 days, and we still win! It looks like the pitching is coming around too and the bullpen is holding it down. Lots of positives here! I have a good feeling about Broadway starting this afternoon. I remember the last time he came up and pitched in the big leagues, he pitched well. I think we'll get at least a good 5 innings out of him today and then Carasco will take over. Go for the sweep this afternoon boys! :moonwalk::)

Pinar_del_Rio_WS
08-14-2008, 08:56 AM
does someone miss alexei in the game last nigth? or is Getz the new WS sensation?

soltrain21
08-14-2008, 09:07 AM
does someone miss alexei in the game last nigth? or is Getz the new WS sensation?

Well, I missed him out there. It appears we have the SS/2B combo of Alexei and Getz next year.

Jim Shorts
08-14-2008, 09:54 AM

Seems to me Ozzie is resting players that haven't been through the long haul yet.

Decent strategy that could pay dividends.

UofCSoxFan
08-14-2008, 09:57 AM
Seems to me Ozzie is resting players that haven't been through the long haul yet.

He did the same thing with Iguchi in 2005. Frankly Alexei has played more down the stretch than I even expected. Getz looks like a solid replacement which gives us the luxury of sitting Alexei a bit more to keep him fresh.

TomBradley72
08-14-2008, 10:01 AM
well I think we can both agree that we hate the wave

I hate the wave too....but casual fans seem to love it. My guess is that 20-30% (at most) of fans at any game are as into it as all of us on WSI are....fighting, yelling obscenities....angry/violent/drunk bull**** gets to me a lot more than harmless (but stupid) fun like the wave and the beach ball stuff.

TomBradley72
08-14-2008, 10:09 AM

That was a pretty long stretch of games for Alexei....good call to give him a rest. He's a .370 hitter during day games...so better to rest him last night and play him today (and at Oakland against the lefties).

TomBradley72
08-14-2008, 10:11 AM
Well, I missed him out there. It appears we have the SS/2B combo of Alexei and Getz next year.

It's too bad we'll have about ~$35MM tied up in Contreras/Thome/Konerko....the rest of this team is looking pretty "efficient" when it comes to salaries.

TomBradley72
08-14-2008, 10:35 AM
Uribe now up to .275 post All Star break (with .339 OBP).

UofCSoxFan
08-14-2008, 10:46 AM
It's too bad we'll have about ~$35MM tied up in Contreras/Thome/Konerko....the rest of this team is looking pretty "efficient" when it comes to salaries.

I can stand paying Thome his salary with his production this year (although it is a bit high) but paying that much to Jose (who may be done) and Konerko (who may or may not ever return to being a good) is just not good.

It's Dankerific
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
I can stand paying Thome his salary with his production this year (although it is a bit high) but paying that much to Jose (who may be done) and Konerko (who may or may not ever return to being a good) is just not good.

Jose: If he's done, doesn't insurance kick in?

Konerko: It's waaaay to early to think he's not going to be good. Just the other day he got a hit.

Railsplitter
08-14-2008, 02:05 PM
Two straight shut outs

:bandance::bandance:

doublem23
08-14-2008, 03:11 PM

Especially since Alexei is not used to playing this many games per season.

pdimas
08-15-2008, 09:14 AM

I deflated one that almost went on the field while we were in the midst of scoring our first run of the game. Newsflash geniuses if the ball goes on the field the play is dead (homerun, run scoring single whatever the case may be) I got booed and hit with peanuts. There were too many drunk youngsters there. Then when I was walking up the aisle I caught another one and gave it to security which of course got some meathead to start yelling that I have to hold on to the ball and calling me sally. I looked at him like he was an idiot and then one of the women he was with starts giving me the finger and swearing loudly. The worst part was behind her there was a large group of children. They were all way overserved so arguing with them was pointless. They pulled 3 boxes from the bleachers filled with these beach balls. The boxes were huge so I have no idea how they got them past security. I have missed two home games this year and on a whole this is the worst I have seen fan behavior this year in the bleachers. Good game though otherwise.