PDA

View Full Version : Can you bring backpacks into the Cell?

LongLiveFisk
08-13-2008, 09:48 PM
Sorry if this seems like an odd question but some places seem to not allow these and I'm not getting a sufficient answer on the Sox website.

Thanks. :smile:

BigP50
08-13-2008, 09:50 PM
Sorry if this seems like an odd question but some places seem to not allow these and I'm not getting a sufficient answer on the Sox website.

Thanks. :smile:

yea, they will check it though

itsnotrequired
08-13-2008, 09:55 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide_dir.jsp#Carry-inItems

I used to bring a backpack from work all the time. I don't recall anyone ever measuring the size of a bag so as long as it isn't some mountaineering bag, you should be fine. They will look in it though. I used to bring in a clipboard for keeping score with no problems but had trouble a couple times with my insulated mug for morning coffee. If you got "hard" items, best to leave them at home.

No swords.

thomas35forever
08-13-2008, 09:57 PM
I thought I read some years ago that they didn't allow backpacks in anymore. Maybe I'm wrong about something?:scratch:

itsnotrequired
08-13-2008, 09:58 PM
I thought I read some years ago that they didn't allow backpacks in anymore. Maybe I'm wrong about something?:scratch:

wrong u b

areilly
08-13-2008, 10:06 PM
No swords.

Yeah, I've had to get creative in what I use to shank fans of visiting teams ever since they put that one in place.

LongLiveFisk
08-13-2008, 10:14 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/cws/ballpark/cws_ballpark_guide_dir.jsp#Carry-inItems

Yeah I saw that but I don't have a ruler handy to measure my backpack. :tongue:

UofCSoxFan
08-13-2008, 10:46 PM
Brought my laptop bag from work yesterday with no problem. They will check it though.

wulfy
08-13-2008, 11:19 PM
But if you are carrying in a 10 month old baby, the bag check is very quick ... as I can attest. :smile:

DumpJerry
08-14-2008, 12:29 AM
Yeah I saw that but I don't have a ruler handy to measure my backpack. :tongue:
Are you talking about a backpack kids use for school books or a life support pack used when making space walks to do repairs to the Space Shuttle or International Space Station?

The book bag is ok, the life support pack is too big.

LongLiveFisk
08-14-2008, 01:15 AM
Are you talking about a backpack kids use for school books or a life support pack used when making space walks to do repairs to the Space Shuttle or International Space Station?

The book bag is ok, the life support pack is too big.

The school book kind. And thanks to everyone for their help! :smile:

alohafri
08-14-2008, 12:18 PM
No swords.

That's S-words Mr. Connery!

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-14-2008, 12:28 PM
My camera gear is carried around in a backpack and all they ask you to do at the front gates is to open the bag...so yes...backpacks are allowed....

C-Dawg
08-14-2008, 04:27 PM
My camera gear is carried around in a backpack and all they ask you to do at the front gates is to open the bag...so yes...backpacks are allowed....

LOL I bought a small Sony video case for my camera stuff; the security guy told me "no videos"... I had to show him the camera to see it was not video.

monica73174
08-14-2008, 05:20 PM
hmm what if you need to bring in a laptop, do they let you do that? I used to just check my backpack with the souvineer guy outside gate 5.

Chicago5oooh
08-14-2008, 05:39 PM
The backpack checks are pretty much nonexistant or ridiculously lax. Last time I forgot I had my lil' friend in there :o: that could've turned ugly. Never had a problem with any cameras/gear. A laptop however, I have not seen that before.

Jjav829
08-14-2008, 06:44 PM
The backpack checks are pretty much nonexistant or ridiculously lax. Last time I forgot I had my lil' friend in there :o: that could've turned ugly. Never had a problem with any cameras/gear. A laptop however, I have not seen that before.

I brought an empty one on Sunday just to carry the Swisher bobbleheads and they checked it.

Chicago5oooh
08-15-2008, 04:57 PM
I brought an empty one on Sunday just to carry the Swisher bobbleheads and they checked it.

That sounds like typical security procedures, miss the bag you should've checked but check the empty one LOL :rolleyes: