PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Javy was good Postgame Thread

thomas35forever
08-12-2008, 10:24 PM
Have at it.

Harry Potter
08-12-2008, 10:25 PM
The mental midget remembered how to pitch tonight. Excellent outing by VazKKKKKKKKKKez.

:bandance:

Let's go Yanks...

october23sp
08-12-2008, 10:26 PM
Yes!

ViPeRx007
Excellent game. Javy dominated.

Way to go Getz!

KnightSox
Nice to see Javy go past the 5th, we need to take all three.

jabrch
Nice day for all. Welcome to the bigs Mr. Getz.

hi im skot
08-12-2008, 10:27 PM
That was awesome.

Great job, gang.

SquirrelNutz
08-12-2008, 10:31 PM
Fast game ... about 2:15 or so.

the1tab
Javy:

DO IT AGAIN SOON, PLEASE

cheezheadsoxfan
That is the Javy we need the rest of the season.
Go Yankees!

cws05champ
Maybe we can ask all of our opponents to wear Royals colors when Javy pitches, so he doesn't think it's a big game. Seriously though, Javy was great, offense was very good. Congrats to Chris Getz...he's a real grinder!!

MarySwiss
08-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Javy:

DO IT AGAIN SOON, PLEASE

And often!!!

WhiteSoxBlog
That 8th inning was just good baseball! On the part of our team, that is.

KyWhiSoxFan
Outstanding outing by Javy. When you play bad teams, this is the result he should be getting every time.

He need to bring it like this the rest of the year.

The starting pitching has been solid lately.

Vienna
Easy game to watch tonight. Great 8th inning.

Was Getz fooled by OC's fake?

KyWhiSoxFan
08-12-2008, 10:33 PM
Great debut for Chris Getz. He had a dream first bat: a hit and an RBI. (He only has to do that every time up for the rest of the year to keep everyone at WSI happy.)

aryzner
08-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Great debut for Chris Getz. He had a dream first bat: a hit and an RBI. (He only has to do that every time up for the rest of the year to keep everyone at WSI happy.)

Getz on pace for the most hits and RBIs in MLB history! :tongue:

October26
08-12-2008, 10:37 PM
Well, I wished for a few more runs in the Gamethread and the boys heard me! Oh yes - 9 runs, I love it. Very happy with this White Sox winner!

kittle42
08-12-2008, 10:38 PM

In one AB he's delivered half of the production Griffey has!

pczarapa
08-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Javy looked great, let's keep it rolling. Yanks up by 2 now over the Twinks.

thomas35forever
08-12-2008, 10:39 PM
Just heard on the postgame show that Carlos might be out of the lineup tomorrow too. Hope this doesn't signal anything bad.

Hitmen77
08-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Great game all around!

Much needed rest for our bullpen as only Russell comes in to work a quick 9th inning. We may need them fresh in a couple of days when Carassco makes his first start.

Come on, guys. No letting up, let's keep winning.

:gulp:

sox1970
08-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Great game by Javy. Hopefully he can pitch that well eight more times.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Just heard on the postgame show that Carlos might be out of the lineup tomorrow too. Hope this doesn't signal anything bad.

Ozzie always likes to tack on another day no matter what the player says. Hopefully that's the case here.

mccoydp
08-12-2008, 10:42 PM
Fun game tonight. Javy pwned.

Go get'em tomorrow!

Rdy2PlayBall
08-12-2008, 10:44 PM
http://img209.imageshack.us/img209/5615/vazquezkv8.png
Havn't seen pitching like that in a long time! Saw most of it yesterday but it didn't last. xD Nice win, now... go Yanks!

October26
08-12-2008, 10:45 PM

I was worried when I heard about his arm soreness. But then I saw the game today and they showed Quentin smiling and laughing at the "gum on the top of Danks cap" prank that they were doing in the dugout. Ozzie said in his postgame interview that he will keep Quentin out of the lineup 1 more day.

popilius
08-12-2008, 10:49 PM
That is the Javy we need the rest of the season.
Go Yankees!

Very true. It was nice to watch Vasquez pitch like this. Seems like he avioded all the big rolling curveball or poor pitch selection mistakes that have hurt him recently. Good bounce-back from yesterday's loss.

:gulp:

arKnaD7
08-12-2008, 10:50 PM
Great job by Javy tonight, hopefully he can have a similar outing next time out @ Oakland.

Oldfellah
08-12-2008, 10:53 PM
nice non aspirin, non antacid night!!! Awesome job by the whole team!!!

doublem23
08-12-2008, 10:55 PM
Javy wasn't good tonight, he was great.

I don't remember 100%, but I think it was against Buck to end the 5th, but he struck him out with a curveball that was naaaaasty.

Good to see #1 stuff with #1 head tonight. We're gonna need that, Javy!

GlassSox
08-12-2008, 10:56 PM
That was fantastic outing by Javy and congrats to Getz.

champagne030
Ozzie always likes to tack on another day no matter what the player says. Hopefully that's the case here.

He got drilled 5 games in a row. I bet he's a little sore.......Hopefully, he's fine and we get a couple more wins and he goes crazy the last six weeks.

WisSoxFan
Just repeating eveyone else. Great game by Javy.

There is something special about watching a young man make his major league debut. The ear-to-ear grin on his face at first after the hit was priceles. Good for Getz.

October26
08-12-2008, 11:04 PM
Just repeating eveyone else. Great game by Javy.

There is something special about watching a young man make his major league debut. The ear-to-ear grin on his face at first after the hit was priceles. Good for Getz.

Yes there is! I hope we get to see many more hits from this young man while in a White Sox uniform. I also loved Farmeo's call of Getz first major league hit. Very exciting night all around!:bandance:

JB98
08-12-2008, 11:09 PM
Vazquez pitched aggressively and never had any mental letdowns the entire game. I wish he would take this approach every time out. Obviously, the results aren't going to be this good every time no matter what. But if Javy goes to the hill with an aggressive mindset EVERY TIME, we'd be seeing much better results from him than what we've been getting for most of the year. Hopefully, this is the start of a hot streak for him because we need it.

Congratulations to Getz for his first MLB hit and first MLB RBI.

WhiteSox5187
08-12-2008, 11:14 PM
Guys, if Buerhle, Danks and Javy keep pitching like this until the end of the year, it doesn't matter what the Twins do, we'll be in the playoffs.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-12-2008, 11:15 PM
Guys, if Buerhle, Danks and Javy keep pitching like this until the end of the year, it doesn't matter what the Twins do, we'll be in the playoffs.Thats a big IF, but I hope so! :tongue: It's the 9th, if the Yankees score there is a big chance they will win. :D

PeteWard
08-12-2008, 11:19 PM
I think the Yankees are on the verge of a collapse. I wish they could have waited until Thursday. I don't see the Twins losing tonight unless the Yankees strike right away in the 9th.

But agreed: the Sox just need to keep pitchig as they did today and things will work out.

slavko
08-12-2008, 11:25 PM
In one AB he's delivered half of the production Griffey has!

But you're overlooking what others have posted about Griffey's presence lighting a fire under PK and others. Heck, he even lit a fire under Anderson who since the Griffey trade has more extra base hits than, well, Griffey.

Nice AB by Getz who may be the player many of you (not I) thought Richar was, but he wasn't.

UofCSoxFan
08-12-2008, 11:42 PM
Just got back from the game...Javy was amazing. I was sitting 4 rows back of where Dye's home run landed. Right before the pitch I told my buddy, "You, know Dye can definitely reach us here." I was off by about 5 feet. :D:

Konerko05
08-12-2008, 11:49 PM

I don't remember 100%, but I think it was against Buck to end the 5th, but he struck him out with a curveball that was naaaaasty.

I know exactly what pitch you are talking about. I was expecting to end up around the thigh and all of a sudden it broke to below the knees. That pitch had some massive quick break on it.

His stuff was electric tonight. Hopefully that will give him some confidence for the rest of the year, because yeah we kind of need him.

DumpJerry
08-12-2008, 11:59 PM
But then I saw the game today and they showed Quentin smiling and laughing at the "gum on the top of Danks cap" prank that they were doing in the dugout.
You were confused. That could not have been TCQ. No way.

Mohoney
08-13-2008, 12:02 AM
Vazquez pitched aggressively and never had any mental letdowns the entire game. I wish he would take this approach every time out. Obviously, the results aren't going to be this good every time no matter what. But if Javy goes to the hill with an aggressive mindset EVERY TIME, we'd be seeing much better results from him than what we've been getting for most of the year. Hopefully, this is the start of a hot streak for him because we need it.

Absolutely. I hope they show him footage of this game for the next 4 days just to drill it in his head. Trust your stuff and don't nibble.

Martinigirl
08-13-2008, 12:11 AM
The mental midget remembered how to pitch tonight. Excellent outing by VazKKKKKKKKKKez.

Let's go Yanks...

Was insulting the guy who just threw a great game really necessary?

It was nice to see the offense show up for a great pitching performance after last night.

And I can't believe I am saying this, but thank god for the Yankees

Frankfan4life
08-13-2008, 12:12 AM
Awesome pitching performance by Javy. He showed today that he still has great stuff. I always thought his problems were mostly between his ears.

This was one of the most enjoyable games of the year.

johnnyg83
08-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Yanks up 9-6

Gigantor3000
08-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Can't say it enough, awesome game, good to see BA and Gertz adn Russell contribute. Even better is that fact that I was there as well.

voodoochile
08-13-2008, 12:35 AM
Heck of a job taking advantage of opportunities on offense. I think the Sox had one team LOB tonight.

Javy needs to step up and bring that same game every time from now until November. Nice 4 starts from the remaining starters. As has been pointed out if they can all continue to do that, the Sox will be tough to beat.

Back into first we go...

:winner

:twinslose

:)

PeteWard
08-13-2008, 12:36 AM
Back in first place! Did not think the Yanks had it in them after the Marte/Rivera debacle in the 8th. :bandance:

october23sp
08-13-2008, 12:38 AM
First place feels right lets extend on this lead eh?

White_Sock
08-13-2008, 12:40 AM
First place feels right lets extend on this lead eh?

Yeah eh? Let's et these hoser rammers eyh?!

PeteWard
08-13-2008, 12:41 AM
Sox can't seem to rise above the vicinity of the 15 over .500 mark so far this year. I'd like to see them get 4 of the next five and really kick ass on the next homestand to get 20 over. I think that should give them two or three games over the Twins. Though their schedule remains easy.

TDog
08-13-2008, 12:42 AM
Guys, if Buerhle, Danks and Javy keep pitching like this until the end of the year, it doesn't matter what the Twins do, we'll be in the playoffs.

I was thinking the same thing. Floyd didn't have a quality start on Sunday, but the bullpen stepped up, and Floyd was good enough to win. The fifth starter is a question, but strong pitching performances with the other starters going deep in the game would improve the bullpen.

I'm sure that tonight Vazquez came out after eight because the last time he pitched a complete game he followed it with a flat performance. I certainly want Vazquez to be sharp on Sunday in Oakland against Gio Gonzalez, who got his first major league win tonight, despite Oakland scoring only two runs against the Rays. White Sox pitching could be coming around.

While I was pleased with the way Vazquez pitched tonight, I wasn't surprised. I hope he keeps it up.

I wonder if Twins fans are complaining that the Royals laid down against the White Sox after playing the Twins tough in the Metrodome this weekend.

White_Sock
08-13-2008, 12:43 AM
Sox can't seem to rise above the vicinity of the 15 over .500 mark so far this year. I'd like to see them get 4 of the next five and really kick ass on the next homestand to get 20 over. I think that should give them two or three games over the Twins. Though their schedule remains easy.

Not to mention the 8-game win streak. The Sox need a good ole 10 gamer. Know what I'm sayin?

PeteWard
08-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Not to mention the 8-game win streak. The Sox need a good ole 10 gamer. Know what I'm sayin?

It would certainly make things tough on the Twins. I really want the Sox to be up at least two going into that last series up there. I'd like to see them get those games sooner rather than later. So yes, a 10 game streak it is. :cool:

kitekrazy
08-13-2008, 12:56 AM
Was insulting the guy who just threw a great game really necessary?

It was nice to see the offense show up for a great pitching performance after last night.

And I can't believe I am saying this, but thank god for the Yankees

Some people insist Javy is suppose to be an ace. He's a typical 3rd or 4th starter.

TomBradley72
08-13-2008, 01:01 AM
Some people insist Javy is suppose to be an ace. He's a typical 3rd or 4th starter.

I'll take him pitching like a #3...it's the #4-#6 stuff that's aggravating.

SoxSpeed22
08-13-2008, 01:21 AM
Hopefully Vazquez can do that more often. The Sox are back in first place, just one more hill in this roller coaster of a season.

chisoxfanatic
08-13-2008, 01:45 AM
They sure looked like they had the last series against the Royals in the back of their mind as they ran it up in the 8th. Way to go, Sox. Now, let's hope Buehrle has the same kind of outing as he had last Friday!

Twins lose too...Gotta love it! First place is back to us.

delben91
08-13-2008, 08:05 AM
Actually, this game is still going. Since run support doesn't count, technically the game is still 0-0. Javy didn't do his job as he didn't keep the Royals to negative runs. He'll never be a big game pitcher like Bannister.... :(:

MsSoxVixen22
08-13-2008, 09:26 AM
The Silent Assasin is back in action! :bandance: Javi looked great! We hit homers but we also got some base hits and drove them in. Welcome to the big leagues Getz! I hope TCQ is back in the lineup by the end of the week but it's good to see that the team can still win if he needs a day off here or there. Go get 'em tonight Mark!

doublem23
08-13-2008, 09:35 AM
Actually, this game is still going. Since run support doesn't count, technically the game is still 0-0. Javy didn't do his job as he didn't keep the Royals to negative runs. He'll never be a big game pitcher like Bannister.... :(:

:rolling:

MarySwiss
08-13-2008, 09:49 AM

That brought me up off the couch! What a pitch!

hawkjt
08-13-2008, 12:39 PM
Yes, that was a yakker of the highest order that he struck out Buck with.
Javy needs to get on a run and stay on a run. Last nite was a good start.

Sox high level mark this year is 16 over...they have challenged it several times but it is time to break thru. Beat the Royals and then go out and take 2 of 3 from the A's and you are there. Gio Gonzalez on Sunday does concern me with our record vs pitchers we have not played against.

TDog
08-13-2008, 01:05 PM
Yes, that was a yakker of the highest order that he struck out Buck with.
Javy needs to get on a run and stay on a run. Last nite was a good start.

Sox high level mark this year is 16 over...they have challenged it several times but it is time to break thru. Beat the Royals and then go out and take 2 of 3 from the A's and you are there. Gio Gonzalez on Sunday does concern me with our record vs pitchers we have not played against.

The Sox this year have a winning record against starting pitchers they have never played against. Their record is comparable, if not a bit better, than most teams. In the case of Gonzalez, he has pitched well against both teams he has pitched against since his callup. He lost his debut to Toronto, but after giving up a hit, a walk and a three-run homer with two out in his first major league inning, he gave up nothing but the single that knocked him out late in the game. He only gave up one run to the Rays Tuesday night in his debut at home for his first major league win, and the bullpen protected the lead (Ziegler, a rookie who with a record-setting consecutive scoreless inning streak intact, getting the save in place of the shut-down Street).

The A's have excellent young pitching. They just need timely hitting. At home they won't be an easy team to beat. But they also won't be the biggest challenge the Sox face on the road this month.

kevingrt
08-13-2008, 01:29 PM

Classic delben post. Gotta luve it.

Pinar_del_Rio_WS
08-13-2008, 04:38 PM
Itīs only me or someone else also think that Alexei is getting tired. For now he has more games played than he used to play when he was in Cuba. :scratch:

October26
08-13-2008, 05:41 PM
Itīs only me or someone else also think that Alexei is getting tired. For now he has more games played than he used to play when he was in Cuba. :scratch:

No, he does not look tired to me. Why do you think so?

Railsplitter
08-13-2008, 07:21 PM
Sox win

Pinar_del_Rio_WS
08-14-2008, 09:13 AM
because his swing is looking quite out of time and he is hitting "only" for .286 in august.

oeo
08-14-2008, 09:16 AM
because his swing is looking quite out of time and he is hitting "only" for .286 in august.

The guy can't slump?

doublem23
08-14-2008, 09:25 AM
The guy can't slump?

Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are beginning to learn that Alexei likes to swing, and if you throw something remotely near the plate he'll take a cut.

Best reason to move him up in the order... Protection.

oeo
08-14-2008, 09:30 AM
Unfortunately, I think a lot of people are beginning to learn that Alexei likes to swing, and if you throw something remotely near the plate he'll take a cut.

Why would it have taken this long for them to realize that?

Alexei can lay off when he wants to. Sure, he's going to go up there hacking, but he can also work himself back into a count. I think you're underestimating his abilities. This isn't Juan Uribe.

And again, if that was the problem, he would have been struggling a long time ago. It doesn't take three months for them to realize your weaknesses.