PDA

View Full Version : Start Marte?

CerberusWG
05-12-2002, 01:22 AM
He has been very good out of the Bullpen, and with our recent SP troubles, do you think we should give him a shot?

Daver
05-12-2002, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
He has been very good out of the Bullpen, and with our recent SP troubles, do you think we should give him a shot?
Ride it out till Rocky proves he is healthy.

nut_stock
05-12-2002, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by daver

I agree.

GASHWOUND
05-12-2002, 03:35 AM

At this point, :valet would be an upgrade at the bottom of the rotation.
losing sucks..

check that....no he wouldn't :gulp:

GASHWOUND
05-12-2002, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by daver

Who do you take outof the rotation when Biddle proves he is healthy and effective? I guess it would be Garland, garland actually performed well out of the pen last year. So he might me the odd man out.

baggio202
05-12-2002, 03:42 AM

if we have a guy pitching well in the bullpen..lets leave him there...when we moved glover from the pen the first thing that happened was the pen imploded in texas for a loss...our 3rd , 4th , and 5th starters need to come from somewhere besides the bullpen...either minors or by trade...

Garrison
05-12-2002, 12:31 PM
Marte is doing awesome out of the bullpen so leave him there. Don't mess with what's working. Glover was doing very well as the set-up man and I didn't agree with starting him. But for now ride it out until Rocky is ready to start and hope for the best. Our starters need to come from AAA or trades but not the pen. Our bullpen is the only bright spot in our pitching staff right now.

doublem23
05-12-2002, 12:33 PM

No.

duke of dorwood
05-12-2002, 12:55 PM
No, we need innings-he'd be a 5 inning guy that would use up the remaining bullpen guys unnecessarily.

kevingrt
05-12-2002, 01:01 PM
I think Marte could be anything. He could be a starter, spot starter, mop-up releiver, set-up man, or closer. We already have a closer and set-up man so I think he's best at mop-up or spot stater. But then again it'd be a nice change for maybe a week or so to put Garland in the pen and put Marte in the #4 spot just for a week.

Garrison
05-12-2002, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Kevingrt
put Garland in the pen and put Marte in the #4 spot just for a week.

Maybe to make things interesting. But we need more than five decent innings. Detroit's Sparks would be a really good inning-eater at the end of the rotation.

MarkEdward
05-12-2002, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Garrison

Maybe to make things interesting. But we need more than five decent innings. Detroit's Sparks would be a really good inning-eater at the end of the rotation.

The problem with Sparks is that he's a knuckleballer, and is very inconsistent. Sometimes he'll pitch 7-8 strong innings, or other times only 2 or 3 because his knuckler isn't working. He'd be a good pick-up if the Sox don't give up much.