PDA

View Full Version : Longoria goes to DL with fractured wrist

Sockinchisox
08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
A day after losing Crawford for perhaps the season, the Rays have put Longoria on the DL and will miss at least two weeks.

You don't root for injuries but the Sox catch a break next weekend when they play the Rays at the Cell.

Edit: No pun intended.

BleacherBandit
08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
That's terrible for the Rays this season...

They're a young team, but they're getting injured like an old one.

Heh, kind of looks like us.

08-11-2008, 06:20 PM
No Crawford or Longoria next weekend?

turners56
08-11-2008, 06:21 PM
Barry Bonds to the rescue.

turners56
08-11-2008, 06:22 PM
No Crawford or Longoria next weekend?

That's great news...

btrain929
08-11-2008, 06:23 PM
That's great news...

.......for Alexei in the race for AL ROY???

Oblong
08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Rumors are heating up that Sheffield's going to Tampa. Some think that they've already claimed him and that a deal is being worked out. The Tigers would eat some of his contract in exchange for prospects. That's just rumors. If the Tigers could unload this sack of potatoes and the $14 million next year it'd almost make anything else this season moot. I'd be satisfied enough.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Alexei better get some amazing numbers while he is injured so people start paying more attention to him! xD Everthing is about Longoria... we'd be in second for sure if we didn't have Alexei! :redneck

Optipessimism
08-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Rumors are heating up that Sheffield's going to Tampa. Some think that they've already claimed him and that a deal is being worked out. The Tigers would eat some of his contract in exchange for prospects. That's just rumors. If the Tigers could unload this sack of potatoes and the $14 million next year it'd almost make anything else this season moot. I'd be satisfied enough.
That would be a great deal for the Tigers.

That's sad for TB though. I hope they can hold on and still win the East.

Oblong
08-11-2008, 06:42 PM
I would like to see them win the east but lose in the playoffs to the Sox or Angels. (They can beat the Twins though)
They close the season in Detroit and I'd like to see a celebration. It'd mean the end of Boston/NY's reign. I like how they built their team.

RockJock07
08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
The Rays have lived on pitching this season but having both Crawford and Longoria on the DL may be to much to overcome. BJ Upton and Carlos Pena are the guys now that need to carry this team to the playoffs.

I bet Tampa fans are huge white sox fans tonight.

thomas35forever
08-11-2008, 08:37 PM
I'm feeling pretty down if I'm a Tampa fan right now. What a shame. I really want to see the Rays in the playoffs this year.

soltrain21
08-11-2008, 08:43 PM
I want the Rays to win the division, but wouldn't be in our benefit if they faded out of the race so the Wild Card would pretty much be guaranteed to come out of the Central?

doublem23
08-11-2008, 11:13 PM
I hope he gets better... Wrist injuries are very dangerous for hitters.

Hitmen77
08-11-2008, 11:18 PM
A day after losing Crawford for perhaps the season, the Rays have put Longoria on the DL and will miss at least two weeks.

You don't root for injuries but the Sox catch a break next weekend when they play the Rays at the Cell.

Edit: No pun intended.

I'm surprised he'd be back as soon as 2 weeks with a fractured wrist.

Frater Perdurabo
08-11-2008, 11:39 PM

Would they like Josh Fields instead? He can play third base. :tongue:

Chez
08-12-2008, 10:12 AM
The Twins have 3 games in Tampa the next to last week of the season. The Tigers finish the season with 3 against the Rays.

jabrch
08-12-2008, 11:55 AM
I want the Rays to win the division, but wouldn't be in our benefit if they faded out of the race so the Wild Card would pretty much be guaranteed to come out of the Central?

That would be more than a fade - that would be a huge collapse. They are 6 games up on the WC. With 7 weeks left in the season, that is POSSIBLE - but it is a lot of ground for them to lose. That said - I hope they do - cuz it would help the Sox. And I don't see Boston going anywhere.

spiffie
08-12-2008, 11:58 AM
Losing the third best 3B in the AL (2nd best active) is going to be a huge blow to this team. I have been waiting for the inevitable Rays fade, and I suspect this will be the beginning of it.

PennStater98r
08-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Losing the third best 3B in the AL (2nd best active) is going to be a huge blow to this team. I have been waiting for the inevitable Rays fade, and I suspect this will be the beginning of it.

:payrod What!?