PDA

View Full Version : White Sox fans in Michigan

rwcescato
08-11-2008, 08:25 AM
I just came back from vacation in Michigan. I was in macinac first and saw more Sox fans than Cubs or Tiger fans. then spent the weekend in New Buffalo. They had a fest so more people there than normal. I could not believe how many Sox gear I saw. Every bar had the gam on all weekend. the band on the street started playing Journeys Don't stop believing and everyone started yelling White Sox. On Saturday the next day some solo act was asking how many cub fans there were. Nobody made a sound. he said really. Then he said how about Sox fans. Every went crazy. So he was upset and said red Sox. At any rate he started sing take me ou to the ball game. Of course he sang cubbies. Everyone booed and in the second verse all you heard was White Sox. It was a great weekend to be a Sox fan up there.
GO SOX!!!
Rich:)

doublem23
08-11-2008, 08:27 AM
:thumbsup:

Very cool. I would have figured the Sox game would get a lot of hype this weekend because they're playing the Red Cubs, but it's nice to hear we travel well in numbers.

twsoxfan5
08-11-2008, 08:37 AM
My wife's lakehouse is in Michigan City, IN and there are a ton of Sox fans there and we go into New Buffalo a lot and there seems to be a lot of Sox fans there as well.

asindc
08-11-2008, 08:57 AM
I went to high school in Benton Harbor, and I can tell you there are more Sox fans up that way than most people would think. It is an interesting mix. Since it is Michigan, there are a lot of Tigers fans. But it is closer to Chicago than Detroit, so there are quite a few Sox and Cubs fans as well.

Sargeant79
08-11-2008, 01:38 PM
I went to high school in St. Joseph, MI and just moved back to the area about 6 months ago. Plenty of Sox fans here. My closest circle of friends here are all Sox fans...we spend many nights at local bars watching games. There's actually one bar in particular in town where the owner's family are Sox fans...our presence is encouraged there.

rwcescato
08-11-2008, 02:11 PM
I went to high school in St. Joseph, MI and just moved back to the area about 6 months ago. Plenty of Sox fans here. My closest circle of friends here are all Sox fans...we spend many nights at local bars watching games. There's actually one bar in particular in town where the owner's family are Sox fans...our presence is encouraged there.

Thats cool. I spend many weekend nights in the summer at Stray Dog drinking 2 hearted from Bell's

BadBobbyJenks
08-11-2008, 02:15 PM
:hijacked: I would like to thank the good people of Hawaii for putting on the Sox game Friday during happy hour. :gulp:I walked into a little dive bar by the beach and the owner saw my hat and let me know they had the MLB package.

hawkjt
08-11-2008, 03:10 PM
:hijacked: I would like to thank the good people of Hawaii for putting on the Sox game Friday during happy hour. :gulp:I walked into a little dive bar by the beach and the owner saw my hat and let me know they had the MLB package.

Obama is in Hawaii this week, you should get all the games this week:D:
Lucky dogs, all of you:cool:

Martinigirl
08-11-2008, 03:14 PM
When I was younger, my family spent every summer in SW Michigan and it seemed like everyone was from Beverly or the southern suburbs, so I am not really surprised that there are a lot of Sox fans there.

btrain929
08-11-2008, 03:38 PM
It's cuz they want to support their very own Wolverines, Clayton Richard and Chris Getz from U of M :D:

barryball
08-11-2008, 03:48 PM
I live in St. Joe which is about 20 miles north of New Buff and although I see a lot of Sox fans I think there are equal if not more Tigger and Shlub fans. Now for Bears fans we definately out number the ***** cat Lion fans.

:dtroll:

delben91
08-11-2008, 08:25 PM
There are a handful of us in Eastern Michigan too.

nug0hs
08-11-2008, 09:08 PM
Funny, werent too many in Kalamazoo when I was there from 03-07. Mostly all BoSox or Tiger fans.

greenpeach
08-11-2008, 09:17 PM
I live in St. Joe which is about 20 miles north of New Buff and although I see a lot of Sox fans I think there are equal if not more Tigger and Shlub fans. Now for Bears fans we definately out number the ***** cat Lion fans.

:dtroll:

I bet the Bears fans out number the Lions fans in Detroit too. :D:

Do you really blame them.

asindc
08-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Funny, werent too many in Kalamazoo when I was there from 03-07. Mostly all BoSox or Tiger fans.

The Boston fans there must be bandwagon fans. I don't remember seeing any when I was at WMU.

MISoxfan
08-11-2008, 10:18 PM
Kalamazoo is 70 miles of East of New Buffalo, its no surprise there are more Tiger fans there than Sox fans.

As for the rest of you stay out of my town!