PDA

View Full Version : Baseball Team Rankings

ZombieRob
08-11-2008, 02:04 AM
I have seen some posted on here, in the trib, on yahoo etc etc. How accurate are they ? Phil Rogers says the Sox dropped to 6th behind Boston, yet the Sox have taken 2 out of 3 from them so far. That's if they are based the games per week. They have the Cubs #2 behind the Angels. Yet Tampa swept them in head to head play.

doublem23
08-11-2008, 02:08 AM
How accurate are they?

Not very.

TDog
08-11-2008, 02:11 AM
I have seen some posted on here, in the trib, on yahoo etc etc. How accurate are they ? Phil Rogers says the Sox dropped to 6th behind Boston, yet the Sox have taken 2 out of 3 from them so far. That's if they are based the games per week. They have the Cubs #2 behind the Angels. Yet Tampa swept them in head to head play.

How accurate are they? I'm sure they accurately reflect the opinions of the people who compile such ratings. I've never seen a team make the postseason on the basis of the ratings. I've never seen a team advance in the postseason based on such ratings.

They are totally meaningless.

jcw218
08-11-2008, 03:43 AM
I know that the rankings at ESPN come out every Friday based on the past weeks results. As far as the other rankings that have been mentioned, I do not know when they get released. And as was mentioned earlier, they reflect the opinion of the person or organization that is posting said ranking.

areilly
08-11-2008, 12:56 PM
About as accurate as what you read on this board, i.e. vaguely at best.

fusillirob1983
08-12-2008, 12:07 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/standings

These are generally accurate.