PDA

View Full Version : Wow, check out the lineup!

CerberusWG
05-11-2002, 10:10 PM
1-Lofton
2-Valentin
3-Ordonez
4-Konerko
5-Thomas
6-Durham
7-Liefer
8-MJ
9-Clayton

At least JM is trying to get some offense going.

Or he just picked some names out of a hat again.

duke of dorwood
05-11-2002, 10:15 PM
About friggin time

RKMeibalane
05-11-2002, 10:17 PM
I hope Manuel knows what he's doing. If this lineup of his doesn't work, he's going to look like an idiot. Maybe if the Sox use it for a few games, they might get something going.

kermittheefrog
05-11-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

3-Ordonez
4-Konerko
5-Thomas

That is so weird to look at.

The only thing I don't like about this lineup is Ray ahs been doing a great job getting on base, there is no reason for him to not be in the top of the order.

HawkDJ
05-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Well they certainly can't do worse than these last couple of days.....or can they? :o:

PaleHoseGeorge
05-12-2002, 07:19 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Well they certainly can't do worse than these last couple of days.....or can they? :o:

We scored three runs, two of them off Konerko's dinger.

This was pointless, and smacks of panic. All Manuel did was place doubts in the minds of Durham and Thomas that weren't there before. How that benefits the team, I'm not sure. It certainly didn't help in the runs scored column.

Or the win column.

Where's the panic about the pitching staff? Now THAT'S something to panic about.

HawkDJ
05-12-2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

We scored three runs, two of them off Konerko's dinger.

This was pointless, and smacks of panic. All Manuel did was place doubts in the minds of Durham and Thomas that weren't there before. How that benefits the team, I'm not sure. It certainly didn't help in the runs scored column.

Or the win column.

Where's the panic about the pitching staff? Now THAT'S something to panic about.

Well Thomas didn't seem to mind:
I think it was the proper thing to do. The No. 3 hitter is supposed to be your best hitter, the guy that hits .300 and drives in 100 runs. I did that a few years ago, but the No. 3 hitter has to be your most dangerous hitter. I'm not right now.

doublem23
05-12-2002, 12:38 PM
Argh... I agree with PHG... Why fix an offense that was on pace to score over 1,000 runs?

Maybe if our team ERA wasn't approaching 5, things'd be different.