PDA

View Full Version : Thomas ties Williams & McCovey at 521

ND_Sox_Fan
08-10-2008, 12:34 AM
Frank's first inning home run tonight tied him with Ted Williams and Willie McCovey for 17th on the all-time HR list with 521.

Congrats to Frank on yet another milestone.

LongLiveFisk
08-10-2008, 01:00 AM
Congrats to Frank!! :bandance:

RadioheadRocks
08-10-2008, 01:01 AM
Way to go, Big Hurt! :bandance:

TDog
08-10-2008, 01:43 AM
He hasn't hit a lick since returning from the disabled list. I wasn't expecting him to tie williams and McCovey until next weekend against the Sox.

ND_Sox_Fan
08-10-2008, 11:35 AM
He hasn't hit a lick since returning from the disabled list. I wasn't expecting him to tie williams and McCovey until next weekend against the Sox.

He's now on a 4-game hitting streak including two hits last night (single to go with the HR). He did go through a very tough stretch. He did go 3 games without a hit but had 4 walks over that span. He has not exactly pounded the ball, but hopefully this will be a start.

TDog
08-10-2008, 01:17 PM
He's now on a 4-game hitting streak including two hits last night (single to go with the HR). He did go through a very tough stretch. He did go 3 games without a hit but had 4 walks over that span. He has not exactly pounded the ball, but hopefully this will be a start.

Hopefully? I don't care what Frank Thomas does this weekend, although I want to see the A's beat the Tigers, but I certainly don't want to see him reach base against the Sox next weekend.

Soxfest
08-10-2008, 01:54 PM
Congrats FT loves 1st inning homers always has!:bandance:

Oblong
08-10-2008, 02:48 PM
I was at the game on Friday and Thomas hit a bullet to CF that Granderson had to chase down full speed and still reach as far as he could.

Frank can still hit.

soxfanreggie
08-10-2008, 08:18 PM
Congrats Big Hurt...hope to see you hit another 8-10 for the season. Think he'll play next season in Oakland? They seem fairly content to have him on their roster.

TDog
08-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Congrats Big Hurt...hope to see you hit another 8-10 for the season. Think he'll play next season in Oakland? They seem fairly content to have him on their roster.

They also seem fairly content to be a team going nowhere. When Thomas signed on with the A's, they were a contender with dominant pitching. When he was on the disabled list, they surrendered and went into a rebuilding mode. Thomas, at this stage of his career, shouldn't be content with that.

Nellie_Fox
08-11-2008, 01:28 AM
Hopefully? I don't care what Frank Thomas does this weekend, although I want to see the A's beat the Tigers, but I certainly don't want to see him reach base against the Sox next weekend.We go through this all the time. As long as the Sox win, I hope Frank has a good series. I still love watching the big man hit.

TDog
08-11-2008, 01:49 AM
We go through this all the time. As long as the Sox win, I hope Frank has a good series. I still love watching the big man hit.

I know we do. Next weekend in Oakland, though, I'll be supporting the White Sox pitchers. I would prefer they didn't have to face Thomas at all. At least Garland pitches for the Angels now and won't be pitching to Thomas.