PDA

View Full Version : *Official* Sox lose Jose, Possibly 1st place

Domeshot17
08-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Bad night all around, Dice-K shut down the offense, Jose looked great until the injury. Yuck.

thomas35forever
08-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Everything sucked tonight. Let's find a new starter soon. A new bullpen arm would be nice soon. C'mon Gavin. Win tomorrow.

Viva Medias B's
08-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Disgusting. But I really liked Carrasco's pitching out of the pen tonight.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't think I've felt as sad or as empty after a loss as I do now...losing hurts, but we lost more than just the game and more than just first place. We lost a pitcher and guy who we don't really have a replacement for...we're in a world of hurt right now.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:04 PM
I don't think I've felt as sad or as empty after a loss as I do now...losing hurts, but we lost more than just the game and more than just first place. We lost a pitcher and guy who we don't really have a replacement for...we're in a world of hurt right now.

That's the biggest kick to the gut. Somebody's going to have to step up.

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:05 PM

Yeah, this is a real low point. I feel terrible for Jose, who was throwing the ball well tonight. What the hell are we gonna do? :scratch:

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:06 PM
Yeah, this is a real low point. I feel terrible for Jose, who was throwing the ball well tonight. What the hell are we gonna do? :scratch:

Hope we can pull something out of our ass the last couple of months? :dunno:

I think we should insert Carrasco, and then bring up one of Broadway, Egbert, or Poreda for long relief (and hope we don't have to see any of them very much).

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:07 PM
There's Freddy out there, but he's nothing special...Broadway, Okha...we're in a lot of trouble.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Hope we can pull something out of our ass the last couple of months? :dunno:

I think we should insert Carrasco, and then bring up one of Broadway, Egbert, or Poreda for long relief (and hope we don't have to see any of them very much).
Problem is DJ also serves as our seventh inning guy. Put him in the rotation that means you're relying on Broadway, Thornton, Logan, and Russell to get you into the eighth and that's not going to work in a lot of close run games.

Frankie5Angels
08-09-2008, 10:09 PM
I say bring up Poreda and see what he can do. We gave Richard a try, might as well give another youngster a try. Unless KW can find someone that has cleared waivers.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:10 PM
Problem is DJ also serves as our seventh inning guy. Put him in the rotation that means you're relying on Broadway, Thornton, Logan, and Russell to get you into the eighth and that's not going to work in a lot of close run games.

Well Thornton and Logan are going to have to turn it around no matter what (and maybe Thornton has...we'll see). I'd much rather not give away every 5th game because we have a black hole there.

And can we please give Link or Rodriguez a look in the pen?

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:11 PM

I hope the starters can give us seven innings a little more frequently in the weeks to come.

WhiteSox5187
I say bring up Poreda and see what he can do. We gave Richard a try, might as well give another youngster a try. Unless KW can find someone that has cleared waivers.
From what I've read here, Poreda is just a two pitch pitcher. I don't think he's the answer for '08. If we want to go in house we are looking at guys like Broadway, Egbert, Haeger, and Okha. Other than that it's Freddy or whoever clears the waiver wire.

cheezheadsoxfan

Same here. Jose has taken a lot of crap after bad outings and with age remarks, but when he was on he was dominant. God, just using past tense there is depressing.:(:

JB98
Well Thornton and Logan are going to have to turn it around no matter what (and maybe Thornton has...we'll see). I'd much rather not give away every 5th game because we have a black hole there.

I still have scars from 2004. I think we have to use Carrasco as a starter too.

Tragg
08-09-2008, 10:13 PM
Bad hitting, thin pitching, bad managing.

Bring up Richard for the pen and someone to start..send Logan down.

Wise hasn't had an important hit since the first week he was on this team....but, like all bad veterans on a Sox roster, he gets plenty of playing time. Won't even pinch hit for him.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:14 PM

Wise hasn't had an important hit since the first week he was on this team....but, like all bad veterans on a Sox roster, he gets plenty of playing time. Won't even pinch hit for him.

You're a broken record.

Tragg
08-09-2008, 10:15 PM
You're a broken record.
So are you and Ozzie.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:15 PM
So are you and Ozzie.

I don't come here spewing the same **** everyday. Whether it's your slappers and hackers routine, or your mediocre veterans one...it's the same crap.

It's old, Tragg. I think everyone knows that you don't like Ozzie. At least come up with some new material.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:16 PM

Are you onda's long lost relative?

Tragg
08-09-2008, 10:17 PM
I don't come here spewing the same **** everyday.

It's old, Tragg.
It's the same BS from you - the least criticism of guillen and you start with the personal attacks.

arKnaD7
Never fun to lose, never good to lose a starter.

Maybe they will catch lightning in a bottle with a pitcher they bring up whether it is a 5th starter or a bullpen guy if DJ moves into the rotation.

thomas35forever
It's the same BS from you - the least criticism of guillen and you start with the personal attacks.
Alright, knock it off with the personal attacks.

Seriously, the way tensions boil around here after losses is ridiculous.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:19 PM

Did I attack you?

I criticize some of Ozzie's moves...I still like him as our manager.

You don't get bored typing the same thing everyday?

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm watching the Olympics now and am I the only one wondering if Michael Phelps can pitch?

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:20 PM

Wise hasn't been playing that much. C'mon, now.

Daver
08-09-2008, 10:21 PM

He shouldn't be on the roster.

Tragg
Playing at all is too much....he's horrible. He even pinch hit the other day.

WhiteSox5187
And he had a bunt that helped us get our first run...was also a replacement cuz Griffey was a late scratch...god damn we miss Jose and it hasn't been a day yet.

October26
08-09-2008, 10:22 PM
I'm down after this loss but really sad to read all of the posts by White Sox fans hating on each other. :(: Jeez people, we root for the SAME team. We should be supporting each other now. This was a bad day, and a horrible loss (both the game and Contreras' season ending injury).

What am I going to do? I'm gonna trust Kenny Williams to make the best decisions possible for our White Sox. Let's see what happens.

thomas35forever
08-09-2008, 10:23 PM
And he had a bunt that helped us get our first run...was also a replacement cuz Griffey was a late scratch...god damn we miss Jose and it hasn't been a day yet.
I can do better. It hasn't even been three hours yet.

JB98
Playing at all is too much....he's horrible. He even pinch hit the other day.

For Uribe. In garbage time. So what?

oeo

So we should cut down our bench to zero guys with the threat to steal a base?

Without Ozuna, yes, he does need to be here.

Noneck
08-09-2008, 10:24 PM

And for some strange that he is on the roster, He should never start.

JB98

Who should be on the roster in place of him?

WhiteSox5187

Yes. Yes we should.

Tragg
08-09-2008, 10:26 PM

That's his only skill. Yet Ozzie's been using Anderson as a pinch runner. Ozuna's better than Wise.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-09-2008, 10:26 PM
Big loss of Contreras. With the farm system bare, it means sending for someone who is going to have to pitch over their head for six weeks. Maybe someone will step up to the challenge of their life and perform beyond expectations.

I would look at either Broadway or Whisler as either a starter or long reliever. If Carrasco takes Contreras's slot, then Broadway or Whisler would be the long man.

If they need a short man out of AAA, then it would likely be Childers. He has been around a while and hopefully would not act like a raw rookie if called up.

They may need another short man if Logan gets booted, which should happen but probably won't due to Contreras's injury. I doubt they want to take two from the minors right now.

Tragg
08-09-2008, 10:27 PM
For Uribe. In garbage time. So what?
Give players with potential and need experience the at bats in garbage time. Let Fields hit.
On a smaller (much smaller) scale, it's the same BS we saw last year.

Daver
08-09-2008, 10:28 PM

The bench has exactly one infielder that plays a position other than first, and he only plays third, badly, they need to bring up someone that can be a utility infielder.

This team is never a threat to steal, and the rest of the league already knows it, hanging on to Wise is not smart right now.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:29 PM
That's his only skill. Yet Ozzie's been using Anderson as a pinch runner. Ozuna's better than Wise.

Ozuna and Wise are the same player.

thomas35forever
They may need another short man if Logan gets booted, which should happen but probably won't due to Contreras's injury. I doubt they want to take two from the minors right now.
The truth is, if nobody's available on the waiver wire, they might not have any other choice. Of course, the other option is to stay with Logan. As I type this, I start to realize we might be in a no-win situation here.:(:

WhiteSox5187
Give players with potential and need experience the at bats in garbage time. Let Fields hit.
On a smaller (much smaller) scale, it's the same BS we saw last year.
Except we're in the middle of a pennant race....I really have no idea how anyone can blame this loss on Ozzie. This game was in trouble as soon as we lost Jose. If it was close going into the sixth we were going to be in trouble...well, it was and there wasn't a whole lot we could do about it.

jabrch
08-09-2008, 10:31 PM
Just a bad day. Tomorrow will be better.

Now the clowns have thier way - the Sox lost - so the usual suspects can parade their negativity with glee and complete disregard to how this team has played the majority of the season.

Looking forward to a better tomorrow.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:32 PM
The bench has exactly one infielder that plays a position other than first, and he only plays third, badly, they need to bring up someone that can be a utility infielder.

This team is never a threat to steal, and the rest of the league already knows it, hanging on to Wise is not smart right now.

That's because no one on the team can steal, except for Wise. He's the only real threat on the entire roster.

thomas35forever
Twinkies win. Welcome back to second, fellow Sox fans.

JB98
Except we're in the middle of a pennant race....I really have no idea how anyone can blame this loss on Ozzie. This game was in trouble as soon as we lost Jose. If it was close going into the sixth we were going to be in trouble...well, it was and there wasn't a whole lot we could do about it.

It just seems like a dumb night to be debating the merits (or lack thereof) of DeWayne Wise. Our pitching staff was struggling before Jose went down. I'm not the least bit concerned about offense, or the outfield defense, or how Ozzie and staff develop young players tonight.

The organization has to figure out how to patch together a crippled pitching staff in the heat of a tight pennant race. I'm glad it's their job and not mine.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:33 PM

I thought the game was lost the second Contreras went down, but Carrasco kept us in it. Logan should have never touched the ball, which is why I think you can put some of the blame on Ozzie. Then you have to look at the offense not getting Dice-K out of the game, like every other team has had the ability to do.

Ozzie and the offense lost the game today. At the same time, Ozzie and the offense (actually executing) were a big reason why we won yesterday.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:35 PM
It just seems like a dumb night to be debating the merits (or lack thereof) of DeWayne Wise. Our pitching staff was struggling before Jose went down. I'm not the least bit concerned about offense, or the outfield defense, or how Ozzie and staff develop young players tonight.

The organization has to figure out how to patch together a crippled pitching staff in the heat of a tight pennant race. I'm glad it's their job and not mine.
I have no idea how to do it really...and I'm thinking that my guess is probably as good as anyone's right now. We're really in between a rock and a hard place....

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
The interesting thing is that -----has been using Anderson, not Wise as pinch runner. The exactly opposite of the roles.

Cora did that Tuesday night while Ozzie was suspended. That was a curious move. I was at Thursday's game and Anderson pinch-ran, and he also remained in the game for defense.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:37 PM
I thought the game was lost the second Contreras went down, but Carrasco kept us in it. Logan should have never touched the ball, which is why I think you can put some of the blame on Ozzie. Then you have to look at the offense not getting Dice-K out of the game, like every other team has had the ability to do.

Ozzie and the offense lost the game today. At the same time, Ozzie and the offense (actually executing) were a big reason why we won yesterday.
The reason Logan was out there is because Thornton was unavailable. I can't honestly believe that Ozzie would choose Logan over Thornton. That means your options for the seventh were: Logan, Russell or have Dotel throw two innings and be unavailable to pitch for a day possibly even two.

Viva Medias B's
08-09-2008, 10:38 PM
Rongey just said that the "White Sox may be making deals."

SOXSINCE'70
08-09-2008, 10:39 PM
There is still a lot of baseball to be played,
but right now,to quote the narrator on the old
"Batman" (1966) tv show, "it looks bad...very bad".

I hope the team can turn this around.

Soxman219
08-09-2008, 10:40 PM
Ugh. Just got back from the game. It was bad all-around today. Jose was looking great until the injury. You can tell he was pissed that all the hard work he did went for nothing. DJ was great and kept us in the game until the Logan fiasco happened (I'm ashamed that we were born on the same day.) and cost us the game. Red Sox fans taking over our park again was embrassing. Now we're in second again.:(:

Let's get them tomorrow.

WhiteSox5187
For who? Who could we get that would clear waivers and be worth a damn? Unless we're signing Freddy, I don't think we're going outside the organization.

Frankie5Angels
All I have to say is that. JAVY, it's time to step up and earn your money. MAN UP!!!

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:41 PM
The interesting thing is that -----has been using Anderson, not Wise as pinch runner. The exactly opposite of the roles.

When...the other day?

That was Cora that was pinch running him. Ozzie may send him out there to run in a game they're leading so he doesn't have to use two bench guys and can just stick Anderson's defense out there.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-09-2008, 10:42 PM

How and with who? I'm at work with no radio.

Frankie5Angels
08-09-2008, 10:42 PM
For who? Who could we get that would clear waivers and be worth a damn? Unless we're signing Freddy, I don't think we're going outside the organization.
He mentioned sending a couple guys down, my guess is Logan and Fields. Horacio Ramirez is a SOX.

EuroSox35
08-09-2008, 10:43 PM
It's games like these where Ozzie looks completely clueless

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:43 PM
All I have to say is that. JAVY, it's time to step up and earn your money. MAN UP!!!

Gospel. Best post you've made all night.

TDog
08-09-2008, 10:44 PM

I think you're right. I don't blame the loss on Guillen. I would have done things differently. I wouldn't have played for one run early in the game with Contreras going down. Indeed, the Red sox won because they didn't play for one run with the score tied. Whether the White Sox would have had a big inning in them had Cabrera not been bunting (against a wild pitcher) will never be known. The pitchers available to Guillen after the sixth were limited.

Losing Contreras, of course, was huge. It put the White Sox in crisis mode. Still, I would love to go back and do things my way with two on and none out in the bottom of the third. That isn't second-guessing. I felt that way at the time. The Sox might not have won, but in a bullpen game, they obviously were going to need some runs tonight.

Viva Medias B's
08-09-2008, 10:44 PM
Jesse Rogers reports we've picked up Aracio (spelling?) Ramirez from KC for a Sox single A outfielder whose name I did not catch. Logan and Fields will be sent down to Charlotte. Contreras will be put on the DL with surgery later in the week.

Frankie5Angels
08-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Fields sent down.

Frankie5Angels
08-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Jesse Rogers reports we've picked up Aracio (spelling?) Ramirez from KC for a Sox single A outfielder whose name I did not catch. Logan and Fields will be sent down to Charlotte. Contreras will be put on the DL with surgery later in the week.
It's for Paulo Orlando.

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:46 PM

Why are they sending Fields down? If Contreras is going on the DL and Logan is going to Charlotte, why do we need a third roster move? Something else brewing?

oeo

Horacio Ramirez...having a nice season out of the pen. Could be a good move.

Frankie5Angels
Gospel. Best post you've made all night.
Thanks. I take it you didn't like my other posts.:D:

Viva Medias B's
08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
why are they sending fields down? If contreras is going on the dl and logan is going to charlotte, why do we need a third roster move? Something else brewing?

idk.

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Thanks. I take it you didn't like my other posts.:D:

Not necessarily. I just disagreed with them. Reasonable minds can disagree.

But there's no question that Javy Vazquez needs to step it up. He needs to start pitching like a guy making $12 million a year, now more than ever.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:48 PM
It's probably Horacio Ramirez. He's not too bad, but I'm shocked that would be allowed to go thru. Here are his stats:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/ramirho01.shtml

Not great, but if he puts up numbers like he did in Atlanta he'd be a solid fifth starter. But he might be a guy coming out of the bullpen.

Frankfan4life
In my opinion, Ozzie left Logan in too long. I don't understand how Ozzie expects a pitcher to build his self-confidence when he's giving up consecutive hits and walks. A relief pitcher is supposed to come in throw strikes and get outs. After the first two batters reached, Ozzie should have yanked Logan.

Logan has given up 5 walks, 23 hits and 16 earned runs in his last 7 innings pitched. He is obviously not a viable alternative in a tight game.

EuroSox35
Hmm, how will Ozzie misuse Logan now that he's not on the team? Kenny shouldn't be let off the hook either. Why did we hand Bradford to the Rays, especially when we could've used him ourselves

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Ya THINK, Rongey??? KW's probably gonna need a cot in his office for the near future.
Fields sent down.
We're gonna be short an extra guy on the bench now? Who's getting called up?

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:51 PM
Hmm, how will Ozzie misuse Logan now that he's not on the team? Kenny shouldn't be let off the hook either. Why did we hand Bradford to the Rays, especially when we could've used him ourselves

Well we just got a guy (or has it not been confirmed yet) that's having just as good a season, if not better, so what are you bitching about?

Frankie5Angels
08-09-2008, 10:52 PM
Ya THINK, Rongey??? KW's probably gonna need a cot in his office for the near future.

No word on who they are calling up. My guess is a utility infielder and another arm.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:53 PM
It's probably Horacio Ramirez. He's not too bad, but I'm shocked that would be allowed to go thru. Here are his stats:

http://www.baseball-reference.com/r/ramirho01.shtml

Not great, but if he puts up numbers like he did in Atlanta he'd be a solid fifth starter. But he might be a guy coming out of the bullpen.

I'd rather keep him in the pen where he's been successful this year, and put DJ in the rotation.

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2008, 10:53 PM
Gavin Floyd MUST pitch into the 8th inning tomorrow.

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:55 PM
Gavin Floyd MUST pitch into the 8th inning tomorrow.

Nah. Thornton, Dotel and Jenks are all ready to go. We do, however, need six from Gavin.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 10:56 PM
I'd rather keep him in the pen where he's been successful this year, and put DJ in the rotation.
I'd really rather keep both in the pen and pick up Freddy...but, I'm not sure. It certainly can't hurt.

oeo
08-09-2008, 10:57 PM
I'd really rather keep both in the pen and pick up Freddy...but, I'm not sure. It certainly can't hurt.

If Freddy can't top 85, I think I'll pass.

JB98
08-09-2008, 10:57 PM

I don't think Garcia's going to be ready to pitch for another three weeks though. That wouldn't solve the short-term crisis.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 11:02 PM
If Freddy can't top 85, I think I'll pass.
I read on ESPN yesterday (on my phone!) that he was consistently hitting 88-90. His agent claimed he needed one or two starts in the minors and would be ready to go.

Jurr
08-09-2008, 11:03 PM
At the beginning of the year, I had a sig that said, "Lance Broadway and Alexei Ramirez will be huge stories for the Sox this season."

Broadway, despite his AAA numbers, will come in and be that great pitching addition the Sox need. I feel it in my bones. Make it happen, KW.

oeo
08-09-2008, 11:04 PM
I read on ESPN yesterday (on my phone!) that he was consistently hitting 88-90. His agent claimed he needed one or two starts in the minors and would be ready to go.

If that's the case, I wouldn't mind Kenny taking a look. He was successful in the second half of 2006 with that kind of velocity.

08-09-2008, 11:05 PM
I don't think Garcia's going to be ready to pitch for another three weeks though. That wouldn't solve the short-term crisis.

Exactly. Garcia isn't ready, despite the noise coming from his agent and other media outlets.

His fastball supposedly topped out mid 80's and the interest from teams was lukewarm at best.

I suspect Guillen was right ... Freddy isn't ready to contribute for anyone until 2009.

DrCrawdad
08-09-2008, 11:07 PM

Wise (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6442)gets plenty of playing time? Wise is a bench player. Today was his first start since July 31st.

DrCrawdad
08-09-2008, 11:08 PM
At the beginning of the year, I had a sig that said, "Lance Broadway and Alexei Ramirez will be huge stories for the Sox this season."

Broadway, despite his AAA numbers, will come in and be that great pitching addition the Sox need. I feel it in my bones. Make it happen, KW.

I hope you're right, if they call him up. I felt that way though about Wasserman.

CHISOXFAN13
08-09-2008, 11:10 PM

We aren't short at all. He hasn't played in a week, so why keep him here when this bullpen is taxed and we need an extra arm out there again.

oeo
08-09-2008, 11:11 PM

The guy does have stones...maybe.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 11:14 PM
I hope you're right, if they call him up. I felt that way though about Wasserman.
Wasserman will eventually come back and lead us to glory!

JB98
08-09-2008, 11:18 PM
Getz played third at Charlotte tonight. Expect him to fly from Boston to Chicago for tomorrow's game. He'll be the new utility infielder. Ramirez replaces Logan. We're still a man short of 25 as Jose has been placed on the DL. KW is probably on the phone now.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 11:20 PM
Getz played third at Charlotte tonight. Expect him to fly from Boston to Chicago for tomorrow's game. He'll be the new utility infielder. Ramirez replaces Logan. We're still a man short of 25 as Jose has been placed on the DL. KW is probably on the phone now.
I'm curious as to what this Getz kid can do...I know Daver isn't big on him, but, what the hell.

TDog
08-09-2008, 11:22 PM
Why are they sending Fields down? If Contreras is going on the DL and Logan is going to Charlotte, why do we need a third roster move? Something else brewing?

I'm still trying to pick up the transaction situation with the Sox, but I'm sure Fields is being sent down because he showed he can't play defense very well and really doesn't hit very well. I have no idea why so many people at WSI love him so much.

Horacio Ramirez is having a pretty good year out of the pen. It looks like he has given up 21 hits and walked just one hitter in 24.1 innings. It doesn't look like he has been overworked at all. As a southpaw, he should be an upgrade over Logan.

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2008, 11:23 PM
So let's hit the reset button here, and refresh what is going on:

1. Contreras to the DL for the rest of the year.
2. Horacio Ramirez to take his sport after trade from KC
3. Fields back to AAA
4. Waiting for Fields replacement
5. Boone's situation is still in question.
6. 5th starter situation still in question.

thomas35forever
08-09-2008, 11:25 PM

3. Fields back to AAA
Pretty much sums it up. Why post in this thread anymore? Oh wait. I'm doing it.:redface:

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2008, 11:26 PM
I'm still trying to pick up the transaction situation with the Sox, but I'm sure Fields is being sent down because he showed he can't play defense very well and really doesn't hit very well. I have no idea why so many people at WSI love him so much.

Horacio Ramirez is having a pretty good year out of the pen. It looks like he has given up 21 hits and walked just one hitter in 24.1 innings. It doesn't look like he has been overworked at all. As a southpaw, he should be an upgrade over Logan.

Well, because your GM was quoted in saying "Fields is going to be a special player" last year, maybe the GM might have a clue on what the hell he is talking about?

Or perhaps the fact that your starting 3B this year is on a walk year and demanding a ridiculous amount of money and yet he can't stay healthy.

What is the future at 3B for the Chicago White Sox?

ms620
08-09-2008, 11:29 PM
Well, because your GM was quoted in saying "Fields is going to be a special player" last year, maybe the GM might have a clue on what the hell he is talking about?

Or perhaps the fact that your starting 3B this year is on a walk year and demanding a ridiculous amount of money and yet he can't stay healthy.

What is the future at 3B for the Chicago White Sox?

Crede's situation and Fields ability to be a major league starter/special player are completely independant of each other.

RadioheadRocks
08-09-2008, 11:31 PM

Good to know, just hoping this doesn't turn into another in a long line of "bullpen from KC fiascoes".

JB98
08-09-2008, 11:32 PM

3. Fields back to AAA

Close.

Contreras is done for the year. Ramirez is a White Sox. Fields is going back to Charlotte. There is no official announced on Fields' replacement yet, but Chris De Luca from the Sun-Times says Getz.

Logan is going to Charlotte. The fifth starter situation is a question. Ozzie has been quoted as saying Carrasco is the best in-house option, based on the strong performance out of the bullpen this evening.

pczarapa
08-09-2008, 11:33 PM
I'm watching the Olympics now and am I the only one wondering if Michael Phelps can pitch?

There's some thinking outside the box!!!!

Daver
08-09-2008, 11:34 PM
I'm curious as to what this Getz kid can do...I know Daver isn't big on him, but, what the hell.

Just because I don't agree with certain posters that think he is going to be a perennial all star does not mean I don't think he can help this team. I hope they do call up Getz, as the Sox have no infielder on the bench now, and Dewayne Wise continues to be a waste of a roster spot.

pczarapa
08-09-2008, 11:35 PM
Wasserman will eventually come back and lead us to glory!

He has a far better chance than Buffoon Logan does

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Crede's situation and Fields ability to be a major league starter/special player are completely independant of each other.

Well, he asked the quesiton why so many WSI members love the guy, it's because we have been sold or brain washed by management that he is the long term solution once Crede is out the door.

Noneck
08-09-2008, 11:36 PM
Getz makes sense now. I did notice he has played some 3rd down in Charlotte lately.

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2008, 11:38 PM
Just because I don't agree with certain posters that think he is going to be a perennial all star does not mean I don't think he can help this team. I hope they do call up Getz, as the Sox have no infielder on the bench now, and Dewayne Wise continues to be a waste of a roster spot.

How dare you, now you just pissed off the 3 members of his fan club.

Daver
08-09-2008, 11:40 PM

The Jerry Owens fan club hates me too, no big deal.

LoveYourSuit
08-09-2008, 11:41 PM
Close.

Contreras is done for the year. Ramirez is a White Sox. Fields is going back to Charlotte. There is no official announced on Fields' replacement yet, but Chris De Luca from the Sun-Times says Getz.

Logan is going to Charlotte. The fifth starter situation is a question. Ozzie has been quoted as saying Carrasco is the best in-house option, based on the strong performance out of the bullpen this evening.

Wow, so Boone is gone. So in reality all we are waiting for is his replacement which should be another long man for releif. Might be Broadway. For some reason, I have a very good feeling about Poreda being succesful here for a short 7 week stint being that no one has a book on him yet. That would be a nice addition to the pen at least if not the rotation.

WhiteSox5187
08-09-2008, 11:43 PM
He might be able to help, but I defer to you when it comes to assessing minor league talent. I haven't seen him play ever outside of spring training. Even then I don't necessarily know how to judge it very well. I'm the first to admit that I'd be a terrible scout.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-09-2008, 11:52 PM

I think a lot of people fell in love with those 23 HRs in an otherwise very depressing year. I've always thought his defensive liabilities and strikeout rate numbers negated those HRs.

Tragg
08-09-2008, 11:55 PM
One of which is Ozzie Guillen.
That's why he's on this roster. Williams needs to take 100% control of the offensive side of his roster.

Daver
08-10-2008, 12:03 AM
That's why he's on this roster. Williams needs to take 100% control of the offensive side of his roster.

Then why have a field manager?

What you are asking for is impossible to do without making the manager of the team a mere puppet.

Tragg
08-10-2008, 12:12 AM

What you are asking for is impossible to do without making the manager of the team a mere puppet. With this field manager, I think it's necessary.

russ99
08-10-2008, 12:31 AM

Boone's been sent down and the reporter at the Cell on SportsNight said the word in the clubhouse is it might be Broadway up.

Which would make it:

1. Logan sent down, Horacio Ramirez acquired.
2. Contreras to the 60 day DL, Broadway likely called up, to start Thurs.
3. Fields back to AAA, waiting for Fields replacement, likely Getz.
4. Cot moved to Kenny's office so he can work the phones hard until the 30th.

LoveYourSuit
08-10-2008, 12:37 AM
Boone's been sent down and the reporter at the Cell on SportsNight said the word in the clubhouse is it might be Broadway up.

Which would make it:

1. Logan sent down, Horacio Ramirez acquired.
2. Contreras to the 60 day DL, Broadway likely called up, to start Thurs.
3. Fields back to AAA, waiting for Fields replacement, likely Getz.
4. Cot moved to Kenny's office so he can work the phones hard until the 30th.

Amazing developments.

To think we are only a half game out after all this, what a blessing.

russ99
08-10-2008, 12:55 AM
Amazing developments.

To think we are only a half game out after all this, what a blessing.

Well, other than what happened to Jose, maybe this could work out well. The Sox have been stagnating, maybe this will shake them out of it a bit.

thomas35forever
08-10-2008, 01:05 AM
The moral of the story: don't give up on an evening when the game didn't go your way. Postgame moves are always possible to shed a light on things.

TDog
08-10-2008, 01:40 AM
I think a lot of people fell in love with those 23 HRs in an otherwise very depressing year. I've always thought his defensive liabilities and strikeout rate numbers negated those HRs.

Which is odd, considering that so many at WSI complain about hitters with good home run numbers who strike out a lot.

Domeshot17
08-10-2008, 04:26 AM
I think the big thing with Fields was he was cold in limited time, and Uribe was amazing with the glove. Kenny and Ozzie got together and said, we can live with Uribe hitting 9th with so much thunder in the middle since his glove is outplaying Crede's. If we can't get Josh regular ABs here, then we have to do it in triple A so he keeps developing. I don't think this move in anyway says they have given up on Fields or that he isn't the favorite to be our 3b next year, but it says that today and the next 2 months, Uribe and Crede are ready to go.

In terms of Wise, I don't mind him because he gives us some speed off the bench. We don't have a lot of guys who need to be pinch hit for and we have a great set up in our starting CF is our defensive replacement 1b. Brian has found a home, and I honestly think he is irreplacable for his spot. While the Bat continues to be sad, his defense and much much much much much improved baserunning have made him a late inning go to guy.

With the pitching, it is just a mess. Logan has no confidence which is showing, and it puts us in a pinch. Lets just hope that if it is Broadway he comes up and keeps us in games. I don't think you can move Carrasco because he has been so vital to a bad bullpen. Poreda would be horrible, starting his service time way too early, he has 1 great pitch 1 meh pitch and 1 3rd pitch that would not even qualify as a 3rd pitch at the pro level. He is going to get pounded because he is not ready. The guy has a chance to be a Billy Wagner type closer, let's not turn him into an Andrew Sisco esque reliever.

BadBobbyJenks
08-10-2008, 06:43 AM
The Jerry Owens fan club hates me too, no big deal.

What happened to that fan club?

Steelrod
08-10-2008, 07:01 AM
Good teams overcome adversity.
Now we find out who we are!

SoxGirl4Life
08-10-2008, 07:02 AM
What happened to that fan club?

Carlos Quentin- That's what happened to that fan club

FarWestChicago
08-10-2008, 08:15 AM
You're a broken record.

I don't come here spewing the same **** everyday. Whether it's your slappers and hackers routine, or your mediocre veterans one...it's the same crap.

It's old, Tragg. I think everyone knows that you don't like Ozzie. At least come up with some new material.I'm beginning to think Tragg is a bot.

Are you onda's long lost relative?It's possible Tragg is a bot created by ondafunnyfarm.

FarWestChicago
08-10-2008, 08:25 AM

What you are asking for is impossible to do without making the manager of the team a mere puppet.:fobbgod:

Works for me!

FarWestChicago
08-10-2008, 08:26 AM

With this field manager, I think it's necessary.Yep, you're a bot. I'm embarrassed it took me this long to figure that out. :redface: