PDA

View Full Version : I'm confused

IA_soxfan
08-03-2001, 06:22 PM
So what's the deal with all these comiskey renovations I'm seeing posted around here? I think they look great, but I was wondering if anybody knew whether or not they are actually going to be implimented.

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan
So what's the deal with all these comiskey renovations I'm seeing posted around here? I think they look great, but I was wondering if anybody knew whether or not they are actually going to be implimented.

I found these on HKS's website they are the architects(sp?) of Comiskey Park. I would assume this is what they are going to do to the park, the Sox recieved 20 million dollars out of the Bears stadium deal and when the Bears deal was announced they said the Sox get 20 million for unannounced renovations to Comiskey. And these will be the changes. It is just a waiting game till the Sox announce the plans to the public.

PaleHoseGeorge
08-03-2001, 06:58 PM
Originally posted by IA_soxfan

First, the copyright on all those architectural renderings are all dated 2000. They're not new. The copy that accompanies the pictures speaks of seating renovations that have already taken place, like the added seats along the foul lines. This is definitely dated stuff.

To Jerry's point, the Sox did get money from state for unspecified improvements at Comiskey as part of the Soldier Field renovation funding deal. However, there has not been an official announcement regarding anything on this matter.

It's very possible these renderings were prepared in 2000 as part of a long-term vision for the ballpark. The first stage (the revised seating plan) has already been retrofitted into the ballpark's design.

There are no guarantees any of this will be implemented or even that the Sox want to do these renovations. They may choose to implement some elements or they might choose to do something entirely different. This was taken from HKS's website. They can't build this without the Sox approval.

With that in mind, let the speculating begin!

:)

Jerry_Manuel
08-03-2001, 07:00 PM
With that in mind, let the speculating begin!

I know PHG still wants a bigger scoreboard.

IA_soxfan
08-03-2001, 07:30 PM
I know PHG still wants a bigger scoreboard.
Put me on that bandwagon too. Actually, I don't know if we need a bigger scoreboard, as much we need to use this one properly. The new scoreboard is part of the continous totally symmetrical outfield bowl, and this makes it seem smaller. I think if you took it and placed it off center, closer to the field, it would look even bigger than the old monster (which, IIRC, it is).