PDA

View Full Version : Carlos Quentin in "The Show"

HangWiffum
08-09-2008, 02:13 AM
I searched but didn't find a topic for this yet so i thought i'd share.

One day while flipping thru my cable channels when i saw Carlos Quentin on my screen in a minor league uniform with the Tucson Sidewinders. I was pretty shocked. it turns out that Carlos was part of a reality mini-series on the cable channel Mojo HD called "The Show". It was something put together by the Diamondbacks. I must say that i have all the episodes on my DVR and i'm a big fan. The entire show gives a great insight on just what goes on with these athletes.

The show is a mini-series filmed back in 2006. It features 6 of the Arizona Diamonbacks top prospects (including Chris Young and Carlos Quentin) as they try to make it to the big leagues.

here is a complete description of the show
http://www.mojohd.com/press/view/4

and here is the show website
http://mojohd.com/mojoseries/theshow/

there is a great episode where they follow Carlos as he gets the call to the big leagues. every time they showed him i couldn't help myself from rooting for him. it sent chills throughout my body. i think this mini-series is completely amazing. Carlos doesn't really talk to the media much so this show gives more insight to what the kid is all about and i must say that it makes me like him even more.

anyone else seen this?

hawkjt
08-09-2008, 10:44 AM
Sounds like a nice look at the younger Carlos. Reading his bio story in the tribune last month just confirmed to me that he is not only a great baseball talent but an extremely high character person in the bargain.
Smart,humble,family oriented,hard working, fierce competitor...the whole package. I pray he stays healthy and has a long run with the Sox. You can build a franchise around guys like this.

Rockman218
08-09-2008, 11:01 AM
Yeah dude, I've seen him on it as well. Although, every episode I've seen, he's always been off to the side.

08-09-2008, 11:05 AM
I wanted to start a thread on this too awhile back. MojoHD is very very limited on providers but luckily I get it with Cox.

This is a great show and has a ton of episodes featuring Carlos. It amazing how highly regarded he was with the Diamondbacks only to be traded a few years later.

Carlos carries himself so well. We are lucky to have him around and I hope we give him some kind of very long extension soon.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-09-2008, 11:26 AM
I wanted to start a thread on this too awhile back. MojoHD is very very limited on providers but luckily I get it with Cox.

This is a great show and has a ton of episodes featuring Carlos. It amazing how highly regarded he was with the Diamondbacks only to be traded a few years later.

Carlos carries himself so well. We are lucky to have him around and I hope we give him some kind of very long extension soon.

It would be nice if the Sox would make him a long-term offer like the Brewers made to Braun. The Brewers did not need to negotiate anything, but by doing so it gave Braun security and enabled the Brewers to get a great player for a long time at a discount.

08-09-2008, 11:28 AM
It would be nice if the Sox would make him a long-term offer like the Brewers made to Braun. The Brewers did not need to negotiate anything, but by doing so it gave Braun security and enabled the Brewers to get a great player for a long time at a discount.

Exactly. Similiar to what the Rays did with Longoria too.

The pricetag for Carlos is just going to continue to rise.

soxgirl617
08-09-2008, 01:00 PM
Thanks for posting this, HangWiffum. I just set my DVR to record the series. :smile: (FYI, for Comcast HD subscribers, MOJO is channel 174.)

I also hope that the Sox will lock up Quentin now, with a nice long "we appreciate you" contract.

Dan the Man
08-09-2008, 03:43 PM
Another thing I like about The Show is how they follow Luis Gonzalez, him knowing his time with the club would soon end, and how it was his duty to help Carlos and Young adjust to MLB. The D'Backs seemed to be certain that their future OF would be Chris Young and Quentin. I wonder what they are thinking as they see what Carlos does this season and the weak numbers Young is putting up. It's also interesting to see 2 years later how half these players didn't pan out, like Bill Murphy and Casey Daigle.

DrGiggles
08-10-2008, 09:47 AM
I was going to post this as well after I saw the show. It was a pretty interesting one.