PDA

View Full Version : What to do with Danny Wright?

Garrison
05-11-2002, 01:54 PM
After last night's 2.2 IP blow up and his season-long inconsitencies, what do we do with Danny Boy? Keep giving him the ball every fifth day? Send him to AAA? Put him in the pen? Trade him? What should the Sox do that will be best for him and the team?

palehosemike
05-11-2002, 03:27 PM
Patience young grasshopper! The error on Royce really hurt Dannys confidence. that happens w/ young pitchers

RedPinStripes
05-11-2002, 03:29 PM
I prefer him to be in the pen .

Soxheads
05-11-2002, 03:49 PM
AAA.

See you guys. I'll be gone for most of the weekend, and I know that's going to kill you. :smile:

voodoochile
05-11-2002, 03:54 PM
If Wright goes to the pen or AAA, who starts? No guarantees that Glover is going to be consistent and good. Biddle isn't ready yet. For now they have to keep giving him the ball and hope he finds what he had earlier in the year for brief intervals. His stuff is good, he just needs to learn how to work out of jams and stop letting stuff bother him...

Throw the hard stuff, Danny. Lean back and let it rip...

I missed the game last night until it was 10-0 and growing...

Did the Angels really lead off the third with 3 straight bunts, one of which lead to the first error of the inning?

Daver
05-11-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile
If Wright goes to the pen or AAA, who starts? No guarantees that Glover is going to be consistent and good. Biddle isn't ready yet. For now they have to keep giving him the ball and hope he finds what he had earlier in the year for brief intervals. His stuff is good, he just needs to learn how to work out of jams and stop letting stuff bother him...

Throw the hard stuff, Danny. Lean back and let it rip...

I missed the game last night until it was 10-0 and growing...

Did the Angels really lead off the third with 3 straight bunts, one of which lead to the first error of the inning?

Yes they did.

voodoochile
05-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by daver

Yes they did.

Bet that lead to some of Danny's meltdown problems right there. Young pitchers get frustrated more easily and that had to be some annoying crap to pitch through...