Al East: Rays
ALC: White Sox
ALW: Angels
WC: Twins

NL Central: Brewers
NL East: Marlins
NL West: D-backs or Rockies
WC: Cardinals

I can actually see the AL scenario happening, but the NL is a bit of a stretch as the Cubs are clearly going to the playoffs IMO. If you have the four AL teams listed and the Cubs in the NL with other lesser teams....can you imagine the national Cubbie love (cue over used puke tag here).

Lets hope Fox has to endure a playoffs without RedCubs and Yanks for the 1st time in a long time.

Kogs35
08-07-2008, 09:27 AM
fox only has the nlcs and world series. tbs covers the entire al and nl ds and the alcs.

soxfanatlanta
08-07-2008, 09:44 AM
If this were the playoffs this year:

Al East: Rays
ALC: White Sox
ALW: Texas
WC: Twins

Made it worse: LA is a big market

VenturaFan23
08-07-2008, 09:47 AM
I'd rather see the Phillies take the NL East again, but I would love to see the rest of those teams in it. If only Texas had the pitching too.

doublem23
08-07-2008, 09:54 AM
If you really think people won't get pumped for the Rays, I think you're wrong.

http://daveintexas.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/underdog.gif

kittle42
08-07-2008, 10:53 AM
I hate the fact that the Super Bowl draws ten zillion people no matter who is playing, but that every other sport has to worry about which teams are playing.

Of course, the fact that the Super Bowl is only one game has a lot to do with it!

RockyMtnSoxFan
08-07-2008, 11:34 AM
I hate the fact that the Super Bowl draws ten zillion people no matter who is playing, but that every other sport has to worry about which teams are playing.

Of course, the fact that the Super Bowl is only one game has a lot to do with it!

The Super Bowl is a game? I thought it was just about the commercials. (half teal)

AzureJazzMan
08-07-2008, 11:38 AM
This post got me to thinking about what would be an interesting post season. These are possible as well, and IMHO could be riveting to watch unfold...

AL
East:Tampa Bay
Central: Chicago
West: Los Angeles (by way of Anaheim)
W/C: New York

NL
East: Florida
West: Los Angeles

I don't believe it's ever happened with all 8 teams being innerstate rivals competing for the series.

The Milkman
08-07-2008, 11:53 AM
That's the more plausible scenario...

palehozenychicty
08-07-2008, 01:31 PM
The Super Bowl is a game? I thought it was just about the commercials. (half teal)

It was a game this year.

JermaineDye05
08-07-2008, 01:35 PM
I think worst case scenario would be if the Blue Jays won the East. Fox would eat up the story of the Rays going from last so many years to overcome the two power houses in the East.

SOXPHILE
08-07-2008, 01:48 PM
No Red Sox or Yankees in the playoffs ? ESPN would explode.

Kogs35
08-07-2008, 02:33 PM
No Red Sox or Yankees in the playoffs ? ESPN would explode.

espn doesnt have the playoffs. espn radio does lol

SOXPHILE
08-07-2008, 02:39 PM
espn doesnt have the playoffs. espn radio does lol

I know, but on Sportscenter and Baseball Tonight, they'd have nothing to talk about. They'd probably just be running stories, updates and features on those two teams, like "What went wrong ?", and "How can they return to the postseason next year ?" Would they actually force themselves to talk about the actual playoff games being played ?

Foulke You
08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
I think Fox/TBS would be pretty happy with Chicago and LA markets for the American League. The Sox drew huge local ratings back in 2005 for the playoffs. They definitely would not be thrilled with Tampa or Minny though. Having both Florida teams in the playoffs would probably make TV execs faint.:tongue:

Foulke You
08-07-2008, 02:45 PM
I know, but on Sportscenter and Baseball Tonight, they'd have nothing to talk about. They'd probably just be running stories, updates and features on those two teams, like "What went wrong ?", and "How can they return to the postseason next year ?" Would they actually force themselves to talk about the actual playoff games being played ?
Half Teal- "Update! Joba Chamberlain hits the Golf Course. Next on Sportscenter."

Red Barchetta
08-07-2008, 03:15 PM
I think a Twins-Rays ALCS would lose to reruns of M*A*S*H in terms of ratings. A Rays-Marlins World Series would probably have similar results.

pierzynski07
08-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Made it worse: LA is a big market
Shouldn't we remove our Sox then? Chicago is a big market you know. Or are we the exception?

Brian26
08-07-2008, 09:31 PM

I thought it was just about gambling. (no teal)

Brian26
08-07-2008, 09:33 PM

Unless you're counting on a plane crash for a certain team, this isn't going to happen.

Frontman
08-07-2008, 10:06 PM
Considering what the Rockies did and the love Fox showed them, I don't buy into the "worst" idea.

Besides, the Cubs will make the playoffs. At this point, I doubt even they could screw up a 5 game lead without an injury or two.

I just hope this town has both teams in the playoffs, because it will be an awesome atmosphere. I don't care if they're in, because even if they go all the way to the Series, I want the Sox there to stop "the dream season."

Foulke You
08-08-2008, 01:58 PM
I think a Twins-Rays ALCS would lose to reruns of M*A*S*H in terms of ratings. A Rays-Marlins World Series would probably have similar results.
Twins, Rays, and Marlins also have the 3 most depressing stadiums in baseball too as far as aesthetics. A Rays/Twins ALCS would also be an all dome playoff series. Has that ever happened before?

white sox bill
08-08-2008, 02:18 PM
cubs are a shoe in. Too bad. This aside, I would love to see a KC/Milwaukee WS. Or Tampa/Pittsburgh. But in the meantime

Go White Sox!

doublem23
08-08-2008, 02:31 PM
Twins, Rays, and Marlins also have the 3 most depressing stadiums in baseball too as far as aesthetics. A Rays/Twins ALCS would also be an all dome playoff series. Has that ever happened before?

Twins/Blue Jays in 1991

http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/1991_ALCS.shtml

Mohoney
08-08-2008, 02:41 PM
There is a possibility that it could be boomtown for TBS, with both teams from New York, LA, and Chicago. Think about it, everybody in all 3 of those markets would be watching every day.

downstairs
08-08-2008, 03:42 PM
This post got me to thinking about what would be an interesting post season. These are possible as well, and IMHO could be riveting to watch unfold...

AL

NL

I don't believe it's ever happened with all 8 teams being innerstate rivals competing for the series.

Other than Florida, that would be a scheduling nightmare. I doubt they'd want to have two games in the same city on the same day.

It would be cool to watch it unfold.

RockRiversoxfan
08-10-2008, 07:19 PM

Very True. It was a shame having to hear about Joe torre and a-rod insted last fall insted of the amazing run of the rockies

downstairs
08-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Besides, the Cubs will make the playoffs. At this point, I doubt even they could screw up a 5 game lead without an injury or two.

Well, with the Wild Card situation in the NL, yeah- they're pretty much in. However, I can easily see them goofing up their (now) 4-game division lead. Milwaukee is destined to become very hot at some point.

All of this is moot, I'd assume, because those two teams will most likely only be fighting for who will be the division leader, and who will take the wild card.

bigfoot
08-11-2008, 01:38 PM
We'll probably all agree that the Blue Peril will win the NL Central, only to be swept by the sub-.500 D-Backs in the first playoff round.

Snakes and Fish in the NLCS for Faux Sports!

Worst possible?????

tstrike2000
08-11-2008, 01:49 PM
To me, Fox's worst possible scenario is to have McCarver and Joe Buck continue to be their broadcast team.

Domeshot17
08-11-2008, 02:07 PM
Fox HAS TO BE watching this and really curious. They could end up with a ratings disaster in Tampa and Florida or the Brewers or the most dreamed up ratings ever with the Cubs and Boston or New York.

I think they will be fine either way because I don't see anyone competing with the Cubs in the NL playoffs. It pains me to say this, but Zambrano Harden and Dempster is about as good of a 1-2-3 as it gets in the NL. I don't know what wheaties he has been eating, but Dempster is about past the point of thinking teams are going to figure him out. He continues to pitch very well. The only 2 teams who can possibly touch it are Johan-Pedro-Pelfry/Perez or CC-Sheets-Parra, but the Cubs ran through the latter.

chisoxfanatic
08-11-2008, 02:18 PM
Fox HAS TO BE watching this and really curious. They could end up with a ratings disaster in Tampa and Florida or the Brewers or the most dreamed up ratings ever with the Cubs and Boston or New York.

I think they will be fine either way because I don't see anyone competing with the Cubs in the NL playoffs. It pains me to say this, but Zambrano Harden and Dempster is about as good of a 1-2-3 as it gets in the NL. I don't know what wheaties he has been eating, but Dempster is about past the point of thinking teams are going to figure him out. He continues to pitch very well. The only 2 teams who can possibly touch it are Johan-Pedro-Pelfry/Perez or CC-Sheets-Parra, but the Cubs ran through the latter.
A Cub fan friend of mine says there's only one team he's scared of in the NL, and that's the D-Backs. He's a very intelligent baseball fan, so I really respect his opinion. For that reason, you'd gotta believe AZ won't be a slouch if they make it to the playoffs.

white sox bill
08-11-2008, 02:27 PM
I think they will be fine either way because I don't see anyone competing with the Cubs in the NL playoffs. It pains me to say this, but Zambrano Harden and Dempster is about as good of a 1-2-3 as it gets in the NL.

I was thinking same. In my wildest nightmares I never would have thought that Dempster would be one of the leagues premeir pitchers. Those 3 are as good as it gets. The cubs are 100% winning thier division--and I hate like hell to say that. I can only hope and pray its 3 and out again for them

redsand22
08-12-2008, 01:49 PM

AL

NL

I didn't even think of that, that would be pretty cool!

palehozenychicty
08-12-2008, 02:10 PM

I think they will be fine either way because I don't see anyone competing with the Cubs in the NL playoffs. It pains me to say this, but Zambrano Harden and Dempster is about as good of a 1-2-3 as it gets in the NL. I don't know what wheaties he has been eating, but Dempster is about past the point of thinking teams are going to figure him out. He continues to pitch very well. The only 2 teams who can possibly touch it are Johan-Pedro-Pelfry/Perez/Maine or CC-Sheets-Parra, but the Cubs ran through the latter.

I think it's the weird glove flip that has Dempster on a roll. Isn't that illegal? :tongue:

The Mets arguably have the most balanced rotation, but the bullpen is a landmine. They've lost 9 games when entering the ninth with a lead. Nine! :o:

The Cubs have the best roster in the NL. Are they going to win because of that? We shall see. History ain't on their side.

the1tab
08-12-2008, 02:14 PM
The Cubs have looked really good against the Cardinals, Brewers and Marlins this year. Arizona seems to have had their number for a while, but I honestly think they're in trouble w/ LA getting healthy and adding Manny. If the Dodgers get their over-rated, over-paid, over-hyped over-paid superstars (Andruw, Nomar, Jeff Kent, Jason Schmidt, Brad Penny, Rafael Furcal & now Manny) all healthy at once for two weeks they can beat the pants off anyone. They are the best fantasy team 2001 could have ever dreamed of having.

I'm still really struggling with the AL picture and how the Sox match up against Tampa, Boston, and the Angels. I wasn't expecting much from Jose, but to have nothing at all is pretty rough. I don't see Washburn doing much different for us than Buehrle, being a location lefty. How are we going to match up with the AL?

palehozenychicty
08-12-2008, 02:20 PM
The Cubs have looked really good against the Cardinals, Brewers and Marlins this year. Arizona seems to have had their number for a while, but I honestly think they're in trouble w/ LA getting healthy and adding Manny. If the Dodgers get their over-rated, over-paid, over-hyped over-paid superstars (Andruw, Nomar, Jeff Kent, Jason Schmidt, Brad Penny, Rafael Furcal & now Manny) all healthy at once for two weeks they can beat the pants off anyone. They are the best fantasy team 2001 could have ever dreamed of having.

I'm still really struggling with the AL picture and how the Sox match up against Tampa, Boston, and the Angels. I wasn't expecting much from Jose, but to have nothing at all is pretty rough. I don't see Washburn doing much different for us than Buehrle, being a location lefty. How are we going to match up with the AL?

:rolling:

So true. Can there be a bigger waste of payroll than Jones, Nomar, Kent, Schmidt, and Pierre? Besides the entire Yankee lineup sans Damon?

I know that people hate on Manny here, but he's played really well since the move and has been fun to watch. Frankly, I also think if Penny steps up, they will come out of the West.