PDA

View Full Version : Rooney & Farmer vs. Hawk & D.J.

Viva Magglio
05-11-2002, 11:30 AM
I could only take so much of Hawk and D.J. They kept seeming to make excuse upon excuse during that third inning last night. When that ball fell in center field, neither one of them took any player to take. I only heard bits and pieces of Rooney and Farmer last night, but I can tell Rooney was pissed by the tone in his voice. It is clear that Rooney are Farmer are much better in providing needed criticism when things go wrong. Hawk and submissive D.J. are homers.

KruseControl04
05-11-2002, 11:46 AM
I think that Rooney and Farmer give more insight to what's going on in the game. Hawk just tells stories about his playing days, while DJ hides in a corner because he's so scared of Hawk. Don't get me wrong, I love Hawk and DJ, I just think that Rooney and Farmer are better.

Kilroy
05-11-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
It is clear that Rooney are Farmer are much better in providing needed criticism when things go wrong. Hawk and submissive D.J. are homers.

That play was Lofton's all things being normal, but he lost the ball in the lights. So should he be ripped for that? What else could he have done?

Viva Magglio
05-11-2002, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Kilroy

That play was Lofton's all things being normal, but he lost the ball in the lights. So should he be ripped for that? What else could he have done?

Maybe not taken his eye off the ball?

Garrison
05-11-2002, 12:12 PM
I love Hawk and DJ but Rooney and Farmer are way better if you want information and a lesser-biased broadcast. Hawk is a real homer and DJ does whatever Hawk says. I am so tired of hearing stories about Hawks playing days. The same ones too! DJ needs to speak up with some anecdotes of his own from the MODERN era.

Kilroy
05-11-2002, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!

Maybe not taken his eye off the ball?

You're assuming that he saw it at all. From the replay, it looked like he never saw it after it was hit. Also, even if he saw it go up, that doesn't mean that he couldn't lose it as the ball passed thru the lights.

awesomefan
05-11-2002, 03:34 PM
I voted for Farmio & Rooney & was surprised that they are so far ahead of Hawk & DJ.

I guess I'm gettin' kinda tired of Hawk & DJ. We need Tom Paciorek "The Duke" back.

I think Ed Farmer is the COOLEST!!!! & have picture of me with him to prove it. It's posted over on the BaseballFever website.

RedPinStripes
05-11-2002, 03:57 PM
I can't decide because i think farmer and Dj are horrible while hawk and rooney are ok.

sox_fan_forever
05-11-2002, 11:53 PM
I can't pick one either. All of them annoy me at times. Depends on my mood or who I've had to listen to the most lately. Right now I'm kind of fed up with everybody.