thomas35forever
08-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Have at it. Sox still alone in first!:cool:

Harry Potter
solid W :bandance:

KnightSox
The rotation needed that outing, and the pen needed the rest. Great outing Danks!

Sox Supporter
08-06-2008, 09:43 PM
In the words of DJ, regarding Danks: "Just what the doctor ordered".

JB98
Nice to see a victory result from great pitching. Need more of that these last two months.

It's Dankerific
I like that Danks guy... =)

KyWhiSoxFan
Great job by Danks. At this point, I think he's the ace of the staff. He's always reliable every single time he takes the mound.

Domeshot17
08-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Was huge on so many levels. The bullpen needed the breather, the Twins had won, the Rotation needed a good start, and the Sox needed to finally sustain a little momentum. Lets keep it rollin tomorrow.

JohnnyInnsbrook
I love that kids sign.... "No Goats Here"

WhiteSoxOnly
Way to go team !!!!!:D: :bandance: :gulp:

ChicagoG19
It was about time we just shut the other team down. Thanks Danks :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance:

Jim Shorts
08-06-2008, 09:46 PM
Keep it rollin'

cheezheadsoxfan
08-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Very nice game by Danks. We needed him to go deep and he did, giving up just 1 run. Between the bullpen yesterday and Danks tonight maybe the pitching is looking up. Hope it catches on to the rest of the starters.

These two games have done a lot to get rid of the bitter taste of that crap in KC.:bandance:

arKnaD7
08-06-2008, 09:47 PM
Great job by all pitchers tonight. Bobby made three of the better hitters in the game make 3 weak outs (in a non-save situation). Would have loved a little more offense of Verlander early to get him out, but a win is a win. Sweep them tomorrow

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
Amazing what some damn good pitching can do....

Great win good guys!

:bandance:

mark2olson
08-06-2008, 09:48 PM
In the words of DJ, regarding Danks: "Just what the doctor ordered".

Yes, indeed. Let' refill the prescription tomorrow!

JB98
08-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Great job by all pitchers tonight. Bobby made three of the better hitters in the game make 3 weak outs (in a non-save situation). Would have loved a little more offense of Verlander early to get him out, but a win is a win. Sweep them tomorrow

Verlander was pretty good tonight. That makes this win all the better. We beat the Tigers on a night where their ace pitched well.

nsdjoe
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Still damned excited about this bullpen.

In close games:
6th: Carrasco/Thornton
7th: Dotel
8th: Linebrink (when he's back)
9th: Jenks

Mop up:
Russel or Logan

Good times!!!

Brian26
08-06-2008, 09:51 PM
Thank Alexei for that clutch base hit, going the other way on an outside pitch, scoring two huge insurance runs and making Mags at-bat meaningless with a man on base in the 9th.

Jollyroger2
08-06-2008, 09:52 PM
Great overall pitching, man I hope it keeps up.

Woofer
Real nice job tonight. Great to have a nice, stress free, sub 5 hour win. Danks looked great, Thome got us all the runs we needed in the first, and The Cuban Missile got us some insurance. We can all get to bed tonight on time, and hopefully we sweep tomorrow.:smile:

Oldfellah
Nice all around win,,, let's sweep them under the rug tomorrow!!!

Frater Perdurabo
08-06-2008, 09:53 PM
Appropriate thread title: Great pitching performance tonight!

cheezheadsoxfan
08-06-2008, 09:53 PM
And we can all catch up on our sleep from last night's game. I was toast today as I'm sure I lot of us were. Nite y'all.:D:

Jollyroger2
08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
Nice all around win,,, let's sweep them under the rug tomorrow!!!

Hopefully last night and tonight has pretty much killed off the Tigers....if we sweep um we can dump the corpse in the lake.

turners56
08-06-2008, 09:54 PM
This team really needed a start like this. Overall, quality win. Bullpen pitched fine after last night's marathon. Good stuff. Let's finish 'em tommorow.

RadioheadRocks
08-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Awesome Danks... way to prove Krukie wrong!

(btw, looks like Krukie is WAY off the Nutri-System)

Railsplitter
08-06-2008, 09:55 PM
Get the sweep tomorrow! :bandance::bandance:

was that Ozzie's epmty uniform on the bench?

aryzner
08-06-2008, 09:57 PM
That was lovely to watch.

Frater Perdurabo
08-06-2008, 09:57 PM
I also have to commend Thome for going deep to give Danks the early lead. I think that allowed Danks to just focus on throwing strikes and rely on his fielders to make plays. That helped him go deeper into the game than usual.

If there is one complaint, it's that it's too bad it took three relievers to close out the game. I'm NOT criticizing Cooper or Cora, but it would have been nice not to have to use Carrasco or Dotel. I have no problem with pulling Danks when they did, and have no problem using Jenks there.

All's well that ends well!

turners56
08-06-2008, 09:58 PM
Verlander was pretty good tonight. That makes this win all the better. We beat the Tigers on a night where their ace pitched well.

Now I see why Tigers fans despise Leyland. He totally left Verlander out there hung out to dry. 130 pitches? Come on...

kevingrt
08-06-2008, 09:59 PM
Now I see why Tigers fans despise Leyland. He totally left Verlander out there hung out to dry. 130 pitches? Come on...

I agree but considering the bullpen he has behind him can you really blame him?

Mohoney
Is it still too early to pronounce the Tigers dead if we sweep tomorrow? I would have a real hard time making a case for them if we get the sweep.

Frater Perdurabo
Uribe was phenomenal at the hot corner again tonight. Thank goodness KW kept him instead of Ozuna. Pablo was a great guy, but there's no way he (or Fields) would be making those plays. Great defense helps the pitcher, which helps keep the starter in games longer and reduces wear and tear on the bullpen. Great defense prevents baserunners and prevents runs. Great defense is an integral part of winning games.

Soxman219
08-06-2008, 10:00 PM
No worries here! Danks pitched great and Thome's HR was all we needed.

GO SOX!:bandance:

TomParrish79
08-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Great pitching performance by Danks we needed it, the bullpen needed it, my prostate needed it, and THIS WORLD NEEDED IT!!

turners56
08-06-2008, 10:01 PM

He had to go to it anyhow. He could of pitched Seay against Thome instead of walking him.

JB98
08-06-2008, 10:01 PM

Agreed. Leyland is damned either way. It wasn't like Lopez came in and put out the fire. He made a lousy pitch to Alexei, who made the Tigers pay.

Frater Perdurabo
08-06-2008, 10:02 PM
Alexei also needs congrats both for coming up with a huge two-out RBI single in the bottom of the eighth, and also for the heads-up play to try to give BA enough time to score.

A four run lead is always better than a two run lead, especially against the powerful (if slumbering) Detroit offense.

Closers often have mental breakdowns in non-save situations, but Jenks handled having a four-run lead just fine.

jabrch
08-06-2008, 10:03 PM
Is it still too early to pronounce the Tigers dead if we sweep tomorrow? I would have a real hard time making a case for them if we get the sweep.

Dead? Yes - it is too early.

Dying? Nope - that's about right.

Mohoney

I don't know. Their season is on the brink. If the roles were reversed, I couldn't really fault Ozzie (well, today it was Cooper) if he did this with Danks.

They were 3 under .500, 7.5 games back, chasing 2 teams, on the road, and just lost a huge 14 inning marathon the night before.

turners56

Even the biggest Tiger homers on Motown sports are holding the white flag.

jabrch
08-06-2008, 10:05 PM
I see no reason to believe this team won't be in the race all season long.

cheezheadsoxfan
Even the biggest Tiger homers on Motown sports are holding the white flag.

I stopped by there too. Timberwolf was posting and bitching about White Sox fans. Tiger fan pretty much called him a liar so it doesnt' sound like he's made himself loved over there either.
:redneck

DickAllen72
Uribe was phenomenal at the hot corner again tonight. Thank goodness KW kept him instead of Ozuna. Pablo was a great guy, but there's no way he (or Fields) would be making those plays. Great defense helps the pitcher, which helps keep the starter in games longer and reduces wear and tear on the bullpen. Great defense prevents baserunners and prevents runs. Great defense is an integral part of winning games.
^^^^^ :thumbsup:

SoxGirl4Life

I was thinking the same thing.

JB98
08-06-2008, 10:07 PM
No doubt, Uribe can't hit a lick, but his defense is helping the team.

EuroSox35
08-06-2008, 10:10 PM
Nice to get a less stressful win :D:

kitekrazy
08-06-2008, 10:12 PM
This looked like a real baseball game and it finished before bedtime.

ChiSoxFan7
08-06-2008, 10:14 PM
does uribe look like he almost purposely trying to show some flare or do you think that he is just that uncomfortable at 3rd that he looks like he has flare just cuz he has to?

either way he sure is fun to watch....until he makes an error.:rolleyes:

whitesox901
08-06-2008, 10:19 PM
saw my first sox game since last wensday...

tuned in into the fourth, great pitching, sox win, detroit is now 8.5 back

BoysMom3
08-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Very nice. This closeness with the Twins makes me nervous so every time we can widen that gap I feel better. I didn't see the "no goats here" sign, but I love it!

TDog
08-06-2008, 10:28 PM

According to GameDay, Verlander was throwing 98-mph fastballs to Konerko at the end. He hadn't lost anything on his fastball. Maybe he had lost some command. I didn't notice he threw 130 pitches, but intentional walk probably figured into that, and pitching coaches don't count intentional walks in the pitch count. Fans put too big an emphasis on pitch counts.

Tonight's game was anticlimactic after Tuesday night, but it was a big win for the Sox. The Sox have given up three runs in their last 18 innings. Danks came up big tonight, of course. If the Tigers were sluggish after Tuesday night, it doesn't diminish his ability to throw strikes.

PeteWard
08-06-2008, 10:37 PM

If they only had to catch one team, I would say thay are hanging by a thread. Two? They are done. Plus, the Rodriguez trde, if not a white flag, was at least enough to bring the whole team down psychologically.

kitekrazy
08-06-2008, 10:40 PM
According to GameDay, Verlander was throwing 98-mph fastballs to Konerko at the end. He hadn't lost anything on his fastball. Maybe he had lost some command. I didn't notice he threw 130 pitches, but intentional walk probably figured into that, and pitching coaches don't count intentional walks in the pitch count. Fans put too big an emphasis on pitch counts.

Tonight's game was anticlimactic after Tuesday night, but it was a big win for the Sox. The Sox have given up three runs in their last 18 innings. Danks came up big tonight, of course. If the Tigers were sluggish after Tuesday night, it doesn't diminish his ability to throw strikes.

It's very easy to second guess a manager when it comes to pitching. You have to hang the last inning on Verlander. He was getting people out with the breaking ball and for some reason decided to blow it by PK.

SoxSpeed22
08-06-2008, 10:41 PM
That outing from Danks was huge. After the bullpen was spent from yesterday night / this morning, most of them got rest. The offense did what it was supposed to by giving him an early lead. Vazquez goes tomorrow, let's knock the Tigers out for the season!

Zisk77
08-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Maybe the biggest overlooked play of the day was CQ going after Polanco in the first inning causing Polanco to wuss out (an thereby saving his life) on making the pivot - taking 2 steps and making an off- balance throw with nothing on it that Dye barely beat. Then kaboom! Thomer!

Nasty Cutters by Bobby tonight and a great change to get Guillen. He shows something new every save opportunity.

Rdy2PlayBall
08-06-2008, 10:46 PM
http://img411.imageshack.us/img411/9061/thomrpx9.png
I completley forgot about the big head Sox win picture! :o: Thome did it all, his homer was all we needed... I would have had Danks on top but I am saving his head for a shut-out. :D:

whitesox901
08-06-2008, 10:47 PM
Very nice. This closeness with the Twins makes me nervous so every time we can widen that gap I feel better. I didn't see the "no goats here" sign, but I love it!

I saw it! FSN Detroit showed after the the game heading into the post-game show

doublem23
08-06-2008, 10:55 PM
At least we've put Detroit out of their ****in' misery.

voodoochile
08-06-2008, 10:58 PM

Lets not get all gaga over Verlander. He had a solid outing but he threw 130 pitches or something equally ridiculous to go as deep as he did.

Jimbo with the three run jack and then hang on until Bobby time.

Works for me...

:winner

:supernana:

:)

Win tomorrow and not only is Detroit reeling big time, but it's one of the two make up games versus the Twinkies. They've lost both their extra games so far. Sox win tomorrow and a week from tomorrow and play everything else even with the Twinkies it's a two game lead. Of course making up some games against the WC leader this weekend would be cool too. Hope everyone remembers last summer and uses it for motivation, but first thing first, got to hammer in a nail tomorrow...

chisoxfanatic
08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Timberwolf was posting and bitching about White Sox fans.
He thinks we're gonna end up winning the division, because "evil" always seems to win over "good." LOL!
Thank goodness KW kept him instead of Ozuna. Pablo was a great guy, but there's no way he (or Fields) would be making those plays.
I got to see Ozuna play for the Dodgers late during last night's Cardinals game! I didn't know he was there.
At least we've put Detroit out of their ****in' misery.
Well, we have to keep them there by sweeping them with a win tomorrow night. They're truly reeling right now, and you have to capitalize when a team's having these types of issues whenever you can.

kitekrazy
08-06-2008, 11:00 PM
Maybe the biggest overlooked play of the day was CQ going after Polanco in the first inning causing Polanco to wuss out (an thereby saving his life) on making the pivot - taking 2 steps and making an off- balance throw with nothing on it that Dye barely beat. Then kaboom! Thomer!

It seems Dye doesn't hit well with men on base. Gotta love the production after 2 outs.

The Tigers at Sox plays out just like the Sox at Twins except the Sox would still own the Tigers where ever they played.

kitekrazy
08-06-2008, 11:04 PM
He thinks we're gonna end up winning the division, because "evil" always seems to win over "good." LOL!

The schedule favors the Sox because of the home games. The Twins choked against a bad team and this happened after the 7th inning. Until last night the Twins have never lost a game going into the 8th with the lead.

Adele_H
08-06-2008, 11:07 PM
John Danks + 2 mph + Jim Thome = win streak; Leyland losing grip on team.

Winnerball on display in 1st inning:

-Verlander dealing
-Swisher laying off some tantalizing balls to earn a walk
-Quentin staying back on a pitcher's pitch inside and linining up the middle
-Quentin hard slide into Polanco
-Dye hustling down the line

gave Thome chance to be the hero.

(Otherwise, no runs in 1st and we probably just lose this game Jerry Manuel style)

Tragg
08-06-2008, 11:16 PM
Is it still too early to pronounce the Tigers dead if we sweep tomorrow? .
They were finished the first week of the season.

thedudeabides
08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
Great outing by Danks and I know it was close, but it really seemed like the Sox had the game in control the whole night.

There seemed to be a lot of Tigers fans there, although they were very quiet, with the one exception of a jackass Tigers fan in section 102 trying his best to get thrown out and start a fight with anyone in shouting distance. Luckily, it was a very civil crowd.

Chilli Palmer
08-06-2008, 11:36 PM
I see no reason to believe this team won't be in the race all season long.

Is that right?

PeteWard
08-06-2008, 11:38 PM

Nasty Cutters by Bobby tonight and a great change to get Guillen. He shows something new every save opportunity.

Polanco held on to the ball for two extra steps while avoiding the slide. If he had released after one step he would have had Dye. But he was obviously intimidated as he had already cleared the sliding Quentin but still hung on to the ball forever. Nice job by Quentin and it was crucial to the outcome.

chisoxfanatic
08-06-2008, 11:39 PM
Great outing by Danks and I know it was close, but it really seemed like the Sox had the game in control the whole night.

There seemed to be a lot of Tigers fans there, although they were very quiet, with the one exception of a jackass Tigers fan in section 102 trying his best to get thrown out and start a fight with anyone in shouting distance. Luckily, it was a very civil crowd.
That's because they had pretty much nothing to cheer about. John Danks was in control all the time. Detroit didn't stand much of a chance with the stuff he was throwing out there tonight.

Sockinchisox
08-06-2008, 11:56 PM
Pretty fun game to be at, I had a lot of Detroit fans around me, but luckily Johnny Danks kept em quiet. :D:

Did they show that Dinosaur on TV? That think looked insanely good when it was walking around the field.

And the quote of the night from a guy two rows in front of me after Verlander threw a curveball in the dirt: "What was that? The dinosaur threw it from it's mouth and it went farther!"

PushinWeight
08-06-2008, 11:59 PM
Wednesday July 2nd: White Sox effectively end the Indians season.

Let's make August 7th the End of the Tigers season as well.

CHISOXFAN13
08-07-2008, 12:00 AM
Dead? Yes - it is too early.

Dying? Nope - that's about right.

They are on life support. Can't see that lifeless bunch jumping a nine game deficit against two teams.

They are toast.

chisoxfanatic
08-07-2008, 12:15 AM
Did they show that Dinosaur on TV? That think looked insanely good when it was walking around the field.
That dinosaur was completely freaky! I was getting a BBQ shredded pork sandwich just before the game, and I thought they superimposed that thing on the jumbotron, as I couldn't see the field from that concession stand. I got to the top of the stairs and was about to drop my food. What does a dinosaur have to do with Italian Heritage day???

munchman33
08-07-2008, 12:17 AM
Big outing by Danks. If we can get two more starters going the pen will be in a lot better shape.

Sockinchisox
08-07-2008, 12:27 AM
That dinosaur was completely freaky! I was getting a BBQ shredded pork sandwich just before the game, and I thought they superimposed that thing on the jumbotron, as I couldn't see the field from that concession stand. I got to the top of the stairs and was about to drop my food. What does a dinosaur have to do with Italian Heritage day???

Promoting the "Walking with Dinosaurs" show at the United Center.

slavko
08-07-2008, 12:31 AM
Great job by Danks. At this point, I think he's the ace of the staff. He's always reliable every single time he takes the mound.

I was wondering if I'd see the "A" word before I accessed this thread. He is pitching the best of any starter. As of this second. Until his next start. Hey, in the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king, right?

Adele_H
08-07-2008, 12:34 AM
What does a dinosaur have to do with Italian Heritage day???

Um, besides the fact that we and the dinosauruses share roughly 99% of the DNA? :dunno:

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2008, 12:36 AM
Lets not get all gaga over Verlander. He had a solid outing but he threw 130 pitches or something equally ridiculous to go as deep as he did.I remember a time when no one, not even the manager or the pitching coach, could have told you how many pitches had been thrown. Just like some days a pitcher has his good stuff and some days he doesn't, they figured that on some days a pitcher could keep going and on some days he couldn't. Once he started to show signs of running out of gas, he came out, not because he had reached some arbitrary number of pitches.

It seems Dye doesn't hit well with men on base.You can't be serious.

Is that right?Yes.

thedudeabides
08-07-2008, 12:49 AM

I thought I knew this site better than this, not one Crazy Carl comment yet? I don't have a good one, I'm just surprised.

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2008, 12:55 AM
I thought I knew this site better than this, not one Crazy Carl comment yet? I don't have a good one, I'm just surprised.Maybe everyone else recognizes that "Crazy Carl" dinosaur references are completely worn out?

TommyJohn
08-07-2008, 01:03 AM
Um, besides the fact that we and the dinosauruses share roughly 99% of the DNA? :dunno:

Wha????

UofCSoxFan
08-07-2008, 01:06 AM
Danks proves once again that he should have been an all-star. Great effort.

chisoxfanatic
08-07-2008, 01:13 AM
Ahh, I'll have to tell my dad about the show. He goes crazy over dinosaur stuff.

They should've had the dinosaur stay on the field and bother Magglio Ordonez. :tongue:

hawkjt
08-07-2008, 01:19 AM
Sox are in the same spot as two weeks ago in Detroit...beat robertson and verlander in the first two games and then face Miner in the third...we lost to Miner last time. He is pitching well but we have to get payback tomorrow nite.

Hats off to Johnny Danks , Big Jim and Alexei.

Adele_H
08-07-2008, 01:28 AM
Wha????

What?

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2008, 01:29 AM
Um, besides the fact that we and the dinosauruses share roughly 99% of the DNA? :dunno:Not remotely. Our closest relatives, chimps, share about 95% DNA (http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v17/i1/DNA.asp) with humans.

Adele_H
08-07-2008, 01:32 AM
Not remotely. Our closest relatives, chimps, share about 95% DNA (http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v17/i1/DNA.asp) with humans.

Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. :rolleyes:

And I didn't come from no monkey, man :(

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2008, 01:39 AM

.Yeah, you did. Like it or not, yeah, you did.

Adele_H
08-07-2008, 01:52 AM
Yeah, you did. Like it or not, yeah, you did.

We'll agree to disagree, colonel Science.

Ziggy S
08-07-2008, 02:31 AM
If you saw the evolution/time travel episode of South Park that referenced Richad Dawkins, you'd have seen Garrison reveal that humans are the product of mutant monkey fish frogs.

GoSox2K3
08-07-2008, 07:40 AM
Po-tay-to, po-tah-to. :rolleyes:

We'll agree to disagree, colonel Science.

:thud:

So, you think we share 99% of our DNA with dinosaurs, but disagree that we share 95% with chimps? :scratch:

....In other news - great job by Danks! We really needed that. Now, let's go for the sweep tonight! Things are going to be tough vs. Boston this weekend so any win we can get is huge.

kraut83
08-07-2008, 08:00 AM
Verlander was good, but Danks was better!

Vaz needs to step up tonight. A win tonight gives the Sox some nice momentum heading into the weekend, and pretty much makes the ALC a 2 team race the rest of the way.

palehozenychicty
08-07-2008, 08:48 AM
Hopefully last night and tonight has pretty much killed off the Tigers....if we sweep um we can dump the corpse in the lake.

It ain't over until it's over. The Mets blew a 7 game lead last year in two weeks.

MsSoxVixen22
08-07-2008, 08:49 AM
What a game by Johnny Danks! The kids got good stuff and he went deep in the game. Thome's hitting again and the Cuban Missle strikes again! I really like Uribe at 3rd! Like others have said, I'm glad KW kept him and traded Ozuna. He just needs to lay off high fastballs and find his swing again. The Silent Assasin needs to have a good outing tonight and send the kitties to the litter box! :tongue:

October26
08-07-2008, 08:56 AM
Thanks to Com Ed for finally restoring power to my home yesterday - I got to see my first Sox game on television this week.

Thanks to Jim Thome for hitting that homerun early in the game. I think this helped Danks relax and pitch a fantastic game.

Thanks to Alexei Ramirez for getting us some insurance runs late in the game.

Thanks to Juan Uribe for more great defensive plays at 3B.

Thanks to John Danks for delivering a pitching gem and saving the bullpen.

Thanks to Bobby Jenks for a 1 - 2 - 3 9th inning so we could enjoy the win and also go catch up on some much needed sleep!

Sox win! Sox win! Keep it going!

TomBradley72
08-07-2008, 10:07 AM
Polanco held on to the ball for two extra steps while avoiding the slide. If he had released after one step he would have had Dye. But he was obviously intimidated as he had already cleared the sliding Quentin but still hung on to the ball forever. Nice job by Quentin and it was crucial to the outcome.

Simililar to OC not turning a DP to start the Tigers series in Detroit.

TomBradley72
08-07-2008, 10:10 AM
Huge start for Vazquez tonight....need to go into a 4 game series with BoSox with a well rested bullpen. Contreras coming back Saturday...hopefully the pitching is coming back together for the home stretch.

MisterB
08-07-2008, 10:24 AM
It seems Dye doesn't hit well with men on base.

You can't be serious.

Well, this year Dye hasn't hit as well with runners on, relatively speaking.

Overall: .304/.364/.569
Men On: .272/.335/.478

Carolina Kenny
08-07-2008, 10:42 AM
If they only had to catch one team, I would say thay are hanging by a thread. Two? They are done. Plus, the Rodriguez trde, if not a white flag, was at least enough to bring the whole team down psychologically.

I was at the game and had a good view of the Tiger bullpen. They looked like they were mailing it in and did not show a lot of energy.

UofCSoxFan
08-07-2008, 10:52 AM
Not remotely. Our closest relatives, chimps, share about 95% DNA (http://www.answersingenesis.org/tj/v17/i1/DNA.asp) with humans.

And there's even debate about if we share that much in common since a lot of the "common DNA" appears to be "filler" (this isn't the right word but its been years since I took college biology) and may not really serve much purpose in determining our traits.

Oldfellah
08-07-2008, 11:03 AM
Is the Suntimes scouting WSI for headlines?????

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/1095847,CST-SPT-sox07.article

Jurr
08-07-2008, 11:09 AM
And there's even debate about if we share that much in common since a lot of the "common DNA" appears to be "filler" (this isn't the right word but its been years since I took college biology) and may not really serve much purpose in determining our traits.
It's between 1 and 4 percent different. My college cellular/molecular instructor used to go on and on about it. He loved that stuff. His big gripe was the whole thing about fungi being covered in general college botany courses. He would say "Humans share more genetic similarity to plants than fungi have to plants." The guy had issues, but was pretty bright.

Adele_H
08-07-2008, 03:23 PM
:thud:

So, you think we share 99% of our DNA with dinosaurs, but disagree that we share 95% with chimps? :scratch:

Are trying to impugn the very freedom of expression & beliefness upon which this great country was originally founded in the first place?

:tsk:

PicktoCLick72
08-07-2008, 03:32 PM
Are trying to impugn the very freedom of expression & beliefness upon which this great country was originally founded in the first place?

:tsk:

I thought I was in the Sox Clubhouse forum but I must have taken a wrong turn at Talking Baseball. My Bad.

FielderJones
08-07-2008, 03:44 PM

You're entitled to your own opinions, but not your own facts.

Nellie_Fox
08-08-2008, 01:08 AM
Beliefness?

Adele_H
08-08-2008, 03:32 AM
Vaz needs to step up tonight. A win tonight gives the Sox some nice momentum heading into the weekend.

:vazquez:

"Momentum"? You want momentum?!?! Momentum burned my village; momentum insulted my stereo cassette player. Why, I kill momentum!