PDA

View Full Version : Cecil Cooper must be an idiot.

It's Time
08-06-2008, 03:15 PM
How the hell do you leave Backe in this long? Check out his line today. Brilliant managing.

IP: 3.1
H: 9
R: 11
ER: 11
BB: 6
K's: 0
HR: 2, including a grand slam. He had a 4-1 lead any gave up 8 in the 3rd and 1 more in the 4th before Cooper pulled him.

Nice, Cooper?:mad:

turners56
08-06-2008, 03:16 PM
How the hell do you leave Backe in this long? Check out his line today. Brilliant managing.

HR: 2, including a grand slam. He had a 4-1 lead any gave up 8 in the 3rd and 1 more in the 4th before Cooper pulled him.

***, Cooper?:mad:

Wow...

Jose Contreras kind of bad.

After watching the WS video, Backe is a complete nut. He looks like he's on coffee at all times and never ever sleeps. Maybe it's gotten to him.

soxpride724
08-06-2008, 03:22 PM
Wow...

After watching the WS video, Backe is a complete nut. He looks like he's on coffee at all times and never ever sleeps. Maybe it's gotten to him.

Ah yes, he was the pitcher of game #4 who wouldn't sit between innings and kept pacing like he was on crack.

FedEx227
08-06-2008, 03:31 PM
I think thats one of those instances, where the guy is getting lit up, you probably won't win the game, so let him get rocked and save your bullpen.

turners56
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Ah yes, he was the pitcher of game #4 who wouldn't sit between innings and kept pacing like he was on crack.

Lol Buehrle and Harris were talking about it him...

Willie - "Tough guy walkin' out there!"
Mark - "Yeah, he does the face up there to look real tough."
Willie - "He might be a gamer."

PorkChopExpress
08-06-2008, 04:06 PM

***, Cooper?:mad:

And those 8 runs in the third were all after two outs I believe. Yikes.

kittle42
08-06-2008, 04:09 PM
I think thats one of those instances, where the guy is getting lit up, you probably won't win the game, so let him get rocked and save your bullpen.

Most likely. They used a few guys yesterday.

daveeym
08-06-2008, 06:15 PM
Most likely. They used a few guys yesterday.This is what I don't get on baseball boards. You'd think most people that post either played baseball up till highschool where they cut or really watch a lot of games. They obviously have enough interest in the games to post regularly about them. Yet they treat every game situation like a damn vacuum. You hang pitchers out to dry in 15 game seasons in mustang. How do these people expect every game out of 162 game season to be treated like game 7 of the World Series?????

FarWestChicago
08-06-2008, 07:38 PM
This is what I don't get on baseball boards. You'd think most people that post either played baseball up till highschool where they cut or really watch a lot of games. They obviously have enough interest in the games to post regularly about them. Yet they treat every game situation like a damn vacuum. You hang pitchers out to dry in 15 game seasons in mustang. How do these people expect every game out of 162 game season to be treated like game 7 of the World Series?????This is an excellent post! :thumbsup:

chaerulez
08-06-2008, 07:46 PM

Nice, Cooper?:mad:

Hardly an "idiot" move. He already used three bullpen pitchers yesterday so he wanted his starter to eat up more innings. After he gave up the eight runs Cooper probably figured he still has to try and save his bullpen and so he threw him back out there. It's a 162 game season, not a playoff game.

russ99
08-06-2008, 08:16 PM
Hardly an "idiot" move. He already used three bullpen pitchers yesterday so he wanted his starter to eat up more innings. After he gave up the eight runs Cooper probably figured he still has to try and save his bullpen and so he threw him back out there. It's a 162 game season, not a playoff game.

I can't blame Coop for this one.

Chris Sampson, the long guy has pitched a lot of innings lately. So he would have burned a pitcher an inning. A likely loss to the Cubs leaving Backe in is a lot better than killing your bullpen for the next week.

I'm disgusted with Backe this season, well most of the Astros pitching staff for that matter (thanks, Ed), but Cooper did what he had to do. As far as I'm concerned, Backe made his mess so he can deal with it and take one for the team.

Backe's a converted outfielder and really hasn't learned to pitch. In 05 and part of 06 he got by on stuff and energy alone, and last year he was hurt. Talk about a flame-out. He's milked 2 good playoff starts into a pretty bad career as a starter. Hopefully the Astros can come up with someone better next year.

Too bad the Cubs missed Oswalt and Wolf this series, they're our only reliable pitchers (bullpen included), but Moehler's also done nicely of late.

kittle42
08-06-2008, 08:48 PM
This is what I don't get on baseball boards. You'd think most people that post either played baseball up till highschool where they cut or really watch a lot of games. They obviously have enough interest in the games to post regularly about them. Yet they treat every game situation like a damn vacuum. You hang pitchers out to dry in 15 game seasons in mustang. How do these people expect every game out of 162 game season to be treated like game 7 of the World Series?????

I blame the incapability of the average person these days to think on more than one level.

1908<2005
08-06-2008, 09:05 PM
The Cubs are in the AL Central now?

1908<2005
08-06-2008, 09:09 PM
Oh and Ozzie must be an idiot for leaving Mark in during that Royals rout.

champagne030
08-06-2008, 10:00 PM
Oh and Ozzie must be an idiot for leaving Mark in during that Royals rout.

Actually, I thought Ozzie gave up too early by putting Wasserman in the game. The runs he gave after MB only gave up 6 runs were the difference in the game. :shrug:

jabrch
08-06-2008, 10:07 PM
No surprise. We have lots of posters here who absolutely have no clue.

champagne030
08-06-2008, 10:09 PM
I blame the incapability of the average person these days to think on more than one level.

I don't know about the average person, but some lack that skill.

RadioheadRocks
08-09-2008, 05:17 AM
Wow...

Well to be fair, according to our old pal Joe Buck, Backe already HAD the night of his big-league life. :cool:

turners56
08-09-2008, 02:13 PM
Well to be fair, according to our old pal Joe Buck, Backe already HAD the night of his big-league life. :cool:

I still wonder if this guy ever sleeps.