PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, is Toby Hall THAT sneaky?

PolishPower83
08-06-2008, 10:41 AM
Where the hell does this guy come from with those shaving cream pies?

You see it on a regular basis: White Sox player comes up big during a victory...gives dreaded postgame interview with head on a swivel...answers every question with nervous, one-sentence responses...focuses eyes on everything except the reporter...and he STILL gets creamed with the pie!

Last night, Swish must have checked behind him four or five times. He looked ready to defend, prepared to fend off any portly pie perpetrator. So how does Hall (who no one would consider spry or sneaky) continue to pull it off EVERY SINGLE TIME??

Does he keep a spare pie in his pants for quick release?

Is there a sect of infield grass that doubles as a hydraulic lift from the clubhouse to the field?

Does he jump off the dugout Batman-style with a cape?

I applaud you Toby Jason Hall. Keep up the good work.

Taliesinrk
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM
:gulp::gulp::gulp: Here's to you Toby...

oeo
08-06-2008, 10:51 AM
Last night, Swish must have checked behind him four or five times. He looked ready to defend, prepared to fend off any portly pie perpetrator. So how does Hall (who no one would consider spry or sneaky) continue to pull it off EVERY SINGLE TIME??

Swish was waiting for it, and wanted it. He even said as much right afterwards.

The most surprising one was a couple of weeks ago when they got Quentin, and it looked like they came running from centerfield.

Chez
08-06-2008, 10:59 AM
Maybe Toby Hall is a shape-shifter.

thedudeabides
08-06-2008, 11:07 AM
Maybe Toby Hall is a shape-shifter.

:rolling:

manders_01
08-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Is there a clip somewhere of Swish's post game interview? I looked on the team's website and Comcast's and didn't find anything. I'd really love to see it.

Zisk77
08-06-2008, 11:25 AM
stealth technology.

voodoochile
08-06-2008, 11:26 AM
When a tradition like this is in place, you kind of take it as a member of the team. Toby could probably walk up behind Swisher with a boom box on his shoulder and still get the pie on target.

You don't fight destiny.

Side question: Ever been pied? I have been. It was a tradition at one restaurant I trained at to get all the trainees on their final night. I knew it. I simply forgot it. They chef who got me loaded the pie with garlic powder and I swear I could smell garlic for 3 days even after multiple showers. Damn that cute waitress who distracted me. I was just starting to wonder why this veteran trainer was asking me all sorts of silly questions when blammo... garlic city...

Frankfan4life
08-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Toby is as sneaky as they come. I just hope one day real soon he does something to get HIMSELF pied.

rdwj
08-06-2008, 11:36 AM
Toby has a rare talent, that's for sure. TCQ even seemed a little pissed when he got hit. It's a great tradition. Makes post game interviews fun.

Domeshot17
08-06-2008, 11:46 AM
When a tradition like this is in place, you kind of take it as a member of the team. Toby could probably walk up behind Swisher with a boom box on his shoulder and still get the pie on target.

You don't fight destiny.

Side question: Ever been pied? I have been. It was a tradition at one restaurant I trained at to get all the trainees on their final night. I knew it. I simply forgot it. They chef who got me loaded the pie with garlic powder and I swear I could smell garlic for 3 days even after multiple showers. Damn that cute waitress who distracted me. I was just starting to wonder why this veteran trainer was asking me all sorts of silly questions when blammo... garlic city...

I got the Shaving Cream pie. I should have noticed it but was kind of 'in the zone' so to say. During my summers of college I played in 2 baseball leagues, one very competitive one for fun. I wanted to get as much work in as possible so I pitched and played first for the tougher league and just first and 3rd for the fun one. About 5 innings into my start I had a perfect game going, and my brother up and leaves. Im like what a jerk. My dad had sent him to the walgreens down the street to get shaving cream and paper plates just in case. Well, I lost the perfect game with a walk in the 7th but finished the no hitter. One of the parents was in charge of the weekly newspaper updates for the suburban life, so hes like I need a qoute about it, gave him one, turn around and my dad and brother both NAILED me with one. Then to make it better as I was whiping it off I got the gatorade and water buckets, but atleast they washed most the shaving cream off.

PhillipsBubba
08-06-2008, 11:55 AM
I guess he won't be happy until somebody loses an eye or gets a bad infection.

The whole thing is getting old.

http://www.optrex.co.uk/img/advice-elements/img-eyeInfection.jpg

hi im skot
08-06-2008, 11:56 AM
gross picture

UGH! Nightmare fuel!

thomas35forever
08-06-2008, 12:40 PM
He might be the most prominent pie-in-the-face player since Tomas Perez.:cool:

Adele_H
08-06-2008, 12:43 PM
Where the hell does this guy come from with those shaving cream pies?

You see it on a regular basis: White Sox player comes up big during a victory...gives dreaded postgame interview with head on a swivel...answers every question with nervous, one-sentence responses...focuses eyes on everything except the reporter...and he STILL gets creamed with the pie!

Does he keep a spare pie in his pants for quick release?

Is there a sect of infield grass that doubles as a hydraulic lift from the clubhouse to the field?

Does he jump off the dugout Batman-style with a cape?

I applaud you Toby Jason Hall. Keep up the good work.

Shaving cream pie thing got old a long time ago; like anything worthwhile it needs to be reserved only for real special occasions. Toby Hall probably does it to get some attention for himself, to steal a little sunshine from the game hero du jour.

Hey doofus, go work on your lately-awful pitcher-handling and line-drive hitting.

gogosox16
08-06-2008, 12:45 PM
Kenny you need to sign a new deal with Toby. We can't afford losing his pie in the face ability.

well I guess for him being a decent backup catcher