PDA

View Full Version : World Series Winners in Town

skottyj242
08-05-2008, 03:27 PM
This weekend the winners of the last four World Series will be in town.

SaltyPretzel
08-05-2008, 03:30 PM
I hope there's extra security this weekend, Friday in particular. I'm sure there will be plenty of Red Cubs fans doing the Chicago baseball "doubleheader".

kittle42
08-05-2008, 03:40 PM
I hope there's extra security this weekend, Friday in particular. I'm sure there will be plenty of Red Cubs fans doing the Chicago baseball "doubleheader".

I'm doing it! The last time, earlier this season, I saw the worst behavior I had ever seen at the Cell in the bleachers. We'll see what happens this time, though that was a weeknight, so this should be even worse.

Fenway
08-05-2008, 03:59 PM
900 are coming on the WEEI Red Sox Amtrak charter which arrives Friday afternoon. These fans will have been drinking for 20 hours :gulp:

and baseball belly has tickets for all 4 games

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3006/2399129470_4e883b39c1.jpg?v=0

kittle42
08-05-2008, 04:15 PM
baseball belly

That's ****ing gross.

SoxGirl4Life
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
That's ****ing gross.
+1

Fenway
08-05-2008, 04:22 PM
That's ****ing gross.

please don't kill him this weekend

Patriots need him

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/d5ab8baf64_fan01252008.jpg

SaltyPretzel
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM

It looks like he's doing a pretty good job killing himself.

spiffie
08-05-2008, 04:27 PM
That is an excellent example of the deep-seated passion and love for their teams that Boston fans have. This is why they are universally recognized as perhaps the most knowledgeable and devoted fans in all of American sports.

SaltyPretzel
08-05-2008, 04:41 PM
This is why they are universally recognized as perhaps the most knowledgeable and devoted fans in all of American sports.

..or obnoxious *******s.

soxpride724
08-05-2008, 04:43 PM

:rolling:

ChiSoxGirl
08-05-2008, 04:44 PM
900 are coming on the WEEI Red Sox Amtrak charter which arrives Friday afternoon. These fans will have been drinking for 20 hours :gulp:

I swore off this series for this year last August when I was at two of the games and was surrounded by tools. Then last week, I was reminded that the Cardinals will be on the other side of town, so a lot of the Cub sheep probably wouldn't venture over to the south side, so I considered going. In fact, I just got an invitation an hour ago to go to the Sunday game. I'm considering accepting it... but then I see this post and the accompanying picture and I'm not so sure. Is a Nick Swisher bobblehead and a Sunday afternoon at the ballpark really worth all of the impending aggravation? Thoughts?

Fenway
08-05-2008, 04:45 PM

His My Space page

http://www.myspace.com/mikeschuster69

peeonwrigley
08-05-2008, 04:52 PM
Both ballparks would best be avoided this weekend. A group of my friends are doing the Friday double. Sounds like a ****ing nightmare to me.

hi im skot
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
I kind of wish I didn't have tickets to Sunday's game.

bigsoxfan420
08-05-2008, 05:03 PM
Both ballparks would best be avoided this weekend. A group of my friends are doing the Friday double. Sounds like a ****ing nightmare to me.

I agree with you entirely, but I just got tickets from my boss for Saturday. I seem to go every year, and get so aggrivated every time. Luckily I am getting stadium club passes, so maybe we'll just stay in there the whole game.

ChiSoxGirl
08-05-2008, 05:19 PM

I agree with you entirely, but I just got tickets from my boss for Saturday. I seem to go every year, and get so aggrivated every time. Luckily I am getting stadium club passes, so maybe we'll just stay in there the whole game.

I just don't know what to do. Every time I think about turning my invitation down, I think about how much I'll be wishing I could go to the ballpark in like November or December and can't. And I just looked at Sunday's forecast- 82 & sunny- and think I should go to the game. But then I think about the logic in your two posts and start to reconsider. Damn... I wish Red Sox fans didn't walk around with a complex because then this wouldn't even be a decision I'd need to make- I'd just go to the game and be happy.

SoxFan78
08-05-2008, 05:23 PM
I've already sold my tickets for this weekends games. I cannot stand it when sitting next to some "Red Sox" fans yelling for Big Papi and Manny.

I'll have a nice seat watching the game on my couch or at a bar.

EuroSox35
08-05-2008, 05:24 PM

:rolling:

Railsplitter
08-06-2008, 08:47 AM

Talk about indecent exposure!

DumpJerry
08-06-2008, 09:18 AM
Sunday is Nick Swisher Bobblehead Day. After last night, they are worth $1,000,000.

I tried to sell my tickets for this weekend on StubHub. No luck. I went to Craigslist/Boston. Someone contacted me. He wanted tickets to the game against Oakland last Saturday at Fenway (I guess my heading "See the Red Sox play the White Sox in Chicago" was ambiguous). Went back to StubHub. No luck-tickets are being snatched up below face there!

With the Cards in town. half of the usual Red Sox "fans" will not be there. With the high cost of travel, I guess most Boston people aren't making the trip.

At least Cub fans live in Chicago and I was able to get rich off of them at StubHub in June.

I'll be at all four games.

Dan Mega
08-06-2008, 10:06 AM
Thank God I'll be in Vegas this weekend.

KnightSox
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM

Patriots need him

http://multimedia.heraldinteractive.com/images/d5ab8baf64_fan01252008.jpgRelated to John Candy?

skottyj242
08-06-2008, 10:49 AM
If I see that guy I'm gonna spit on him.

monica73174
08-06-2008, 11:38 AM
I will be going to all 4 games, I refuse to let a person root for the red sox and sit in my seats. I wish white sox fans would just come out and support the team that way the stadium wont get taken over. It does get pretty unbearable with all the red sox fans that fill up the stadium.

hi im skot
08-06-2008, 11:54 AM
I will be going to all 4 games, I refuse to let a person root for the red sox and sit in my seats. I wish white sox fans would just come out and support the team that way the stadium wont get taken over. It does get pretty unbearable with all the red sox fans that fill up the stadium.

I refuse to let Red Sox fans sit.

voodoochile
08-06-2008, 12:33 PM

5 times this week including yesterday. Saturday it will be tough to make both games as the Sox game starts almost exactly 3 hours after the flubbie game does, but today, Friday and Sunday, it's a cinch. Sunday is kind of cool because it's a reverse of the traditional subway DH with the Sox in the afernoon. I doubt there are any tickets left for any of the flubbie games anyway, Card fans snap them up quick when they go on sale.

eriqjaffe
08-06-2008, 12:54 PM
Related to John Candy?The relationship between him and candy should be pretty obvious.

ILuvThatDuck
08-06-2008, 01:09 PM
I'm glad to see this guy is also a Celtic fan.

http://a84.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/75/l_a28652ad559355142be895326ce5687b.jpg (http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=viewImage&friendID=150612883&albumID=0&imageID=20309673#a=0&i=2270123)

hi im skot
08-06-2008, 01:12 PM
I'm glad to see this guy is also a Celtic fan.

HUGE

More nightmare fuel.

illini81887
08-06-2008, 01:23 PM
I swore off this series for this year last August when I was at two of the games and was surrounded by tools. Then last week, I was reminded that the Cardinals will be on the other side of town, so a lot of the Cub sheep probably wouldn't venture over to the south side, so I considered going. In fact, I just got an invitation an hour ago to go to the Sunday game. I'm considering accepting it... but then I see this post and the accompanying picture and I'm not so sure. Is a Nick Swisher bobblehead and a Sunday afternoon at the ballpark really worth all of the impending aggravation? Thoughts?

It's baseball, sox are doing real well this yr. You are always going to have dopes in the stands, just ignore it and watch our team

jabrch
08-06-2008, 01:39 PM
I have sold my tickets for the 2 Sox games and the 2 Cubs games that I had this weekend. I will be avoiding both ballparks this weekend. The douchebaggery will be rampant.

jabrch
08-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I tried to sell my tickets for this weekend on StubHub. No luck. I went to Craigslist/Boston. Someone contacted me. He wanted tickets to the game against Oakland last Saturday at Fenway (I guess my heading "See the Red Sox play the White Sox in Chicago" was ambiguous). Went back to StubHub. No luck-tickets are being snatched up below face there!

I'm surprised - about a month ago I got 2X Face for my Saturday and Sunday seats. And my Cubs Cards seats got me 5X Face.

Can you imagine the price of tickets IF we have a Sox vs Cubs WS?

kittle42
08-06-2008, 01:54 PM
It's baseball, sox are doing real well this yr. You are always going to have dopes in the stands, just ignore it and watch our team

There were some quality folks behind me last night, cheering EVERY pitch like it was Game 7 from the 7th inning on until they finally got tired in the 11th. All the time, they were complaining about how none of us were "real" fans because we were not standing and cheering every pitch, about "we can't win a world series with fans like this" and about how "Wrigley would be going crazy right now."

Of course, when they left in the 12th, I took my opportunity to turn around and say, "Leaving when we're tied? How can we win the World Series with fans like this?"

They sucked. I've been fairly lucky this year to not have to sit near the vocal braindead, but last night was a clinker.

kittle42
08-06-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm surprised - about a month ago I got 2X Face for my Saturday and Sunday seats. And my Cubs Cards seats got me 5X Face.

It can't be true. We just paid $125 for a single bleacher for the Cubs game this week.

thomas35forever
08-06-2008, 02:02 PM

There was a shot of this guy in Fever Pitch, wasn't there?

OldRomanPizza
08-06-2008, 02:39 PM
Im a little discouraged that so many people seem to not want to watch our first place Sox in August simply because fans of another team might be in the stadium.

Avoid the stadium this weekend? F that! The Sox are in first place!

Going to the game saturday night. Last time I saw the Sox play Boston the score ended up 14-2 Sox. I think that was some kind of important game or something.

Screw the Sawk. Go SOX! :cool:

skottyj242
08-06-2008, 03:06 PM
Im a little discouraged that so many people seem to not want to watch our first place Sox in August simply because fans of another team might be in the stadium.

Avoid the stadium this weekend? F that! The Sox are in first place!

Going to the game saturday night. Last time I saw the Sox play Boston the score ended up 14-2 Sox. I think that was some kind of important game or something.

Screw the Sawk. Go SOX! :cool:

So you haven't been there the last two years then. You have no idea how terrible it has been. I think that of the Red Sox fans that are there only half of them are Red Sox fans, the other half are Cub fans who feel like they're Red Sox fans for some reason.

CMPDragRacing
08-06-2008, 03:34 PM
this is the first year in like 5 years i wont be seeing the Sox beatup on the Sawx. it stinks cause i wanted to go really badly. just bunch of other stuff going on this weekend thats keeping me away.

Foulke You
08-06-2008, 03:35 PM
I think that of the Red Sox fans that are there only half of them are Red Sox fans, the other half are Cub fans who feel like they're Red Sox fans for some reason.
Bingo. A lot of Cub fans feel some sort of synergy with the Red Sox (that isn't shared by real Red Sox fans). I can't tell you how many times I'll see people walking around with a Cubs jersey and a backwards Boston Red Sox hat on. I've also seen Cubs fans root openly in sports bars if a Red Sox game is on and they are doing well. I remember lots of Cubs fans donning their Red Sox gear during the 2004 championship run. I have no explanation for this behavior from Cub fans but I've noticed it for at least 10 years now. I've asked my friend who is a Cubs fan about this and he has no explanation for it other than a lot of Cubs fans felt like the Red Sox were similar to them in the fact that they both had old ballparks and long World Series droughts. However, now that the Red Sox are "Evil Empire, Jr." it makes even less sense for Cubs fans to cheer for them yet they still do.

kittle42
08-06-2008, 03:40 PM

You forget there are a lot of people here who quietly (or not so quietly) long for the days of the 15,000-20,000 crowds.

There are idiots at the park. A lot of them. Deal with it.

DumpJerry
08-06-2008, 03:46 PM
After procuring alternative seating for myself at assure I will be at the games, I will charge an extremely excessive amount of money for my seats.

jabrch
08-06-2008, 03:49 PM
After procuring alternative seating for myself at assure I will be at the games, I will charge an extremely excessive amount of money for my seats.

My goal would be to put enough money away in thie post season to pay for as much as possible of my (18 month old) kids colleges. I saw most of 05 postseason in person and loved it. My commitment is 08 would be done from home - and the kids will have college as close to paid off as possible.

kittle42
08-06-2008, 05:13 PM
My goal would be to put enough money away in thie post season to pay for as much as possible of my (18 month old) kids colleges. I saw most of 05 postseason in person and loved it. My commitment is 08 would be done from home - and the kids will have college as close to paid off as possible.

What would a LD box go for, $2,000 each? I paid $750 for Game 2 in 2005 for a single.

chisoxfanatic
08-06-2008, 06:52 PM
As someone who sat in the Stadium Club bar for the entire game one time last year and sat out in the stands for two games last year, I'm gonna heavily advise you to stay in the Stadium Club. You'll be sheltered from a bunch of the douchebags.

With the Cards in town. half of the usual Red Sox "fans" will not be there. With the high cost of travel, I guess most Boston people aren't making the trip.
I had no luck either, and I didn't want to charge any less than $500 per ticket to really rake in some cash, so I will be attending the games both on Friday and Monday.

I actually think you have a point there about the Red Cubs fans. I wonder how many we'll truly have to deal with this year. I'd imagine it can't be as many as last year. It's a true blessing to have the Cardinals in town this weekend as well.
Bingo. A lot of Cub fans feel some sort of synergy with the Red Sox (that isn't shared by real Red Sox fans). I can't tell you how many times I'll see people walking around with a Cubs jersey and a backwards Boston Red Sox hat on. I've also seen Cubs fans root openly in sports bars if a Red Sox game is on and they are doing well. I remember lots of Cubs fans donning their Red Sox gear during the 2004 championship run. I have no explanation for this behavior from Cub fans but I've noticed it for at least 10 years now. I've asked my friend who is a Cubs fan about this and he has no explanation for it other than a lot of Cubs fans felt like the Red Sox were similar to them in the fact that they both had old ballparks and long World Series droughts. However, now that the Red Sox are "Evil Empire, Jr." it makes even less sense for Cubs fans to cheer for them yet they still do.
It probably has to do with a lot of that; but, I'd say they were donning the Red Sox gear during the 2004 run mostly because their wounds were still fresh from the previous year's disappointment and wanted to get as much of a "feel" for what it's like to back an actual winning team. They'll never find out just how it feels like to win it all, so I bet they'll be owning that Red Sox gear for life, living vicariously through them.

areilly
08-06-2008, 10:27 PM
I'll be there Saturday. Might as well just go straight to the holding cell downstairs.

Gavin
08-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Cubs fans like the Red Sox for the same reason they like Cubs... they are young white yuppies who want to fit in at the party.

Soxman219
08-06-2008, 11:08 PM

I'll be there with my friends Saturday night. We'll cheer louder than the Red Cubs fans I will promise you that!

kittle42
08-07-2008, 12:49 AM
Cubs fans like the Red Sox for the same reason they like Cubs... they are young white yuppies who want to fit in at the party.

Hate to defend two wretched fanbases, but there are plenty of young, white folks at the Cell, too.

DumpJerry
08-07-2008, 01:04 AM
What would a LD box go for, $2,000 each? I paid $750 for Game 2 in 2005 for a single.
If it's a Sox/Cubs World Series? Two grand would get you in the outfield.

$4,000.00 is very doable. My seats are in row 5. There are a lot of Cub fans with a lot of money (doctors, lawyers, traders) who want to see Game One because it is the first Game One of the World Series for the Cubs in 63 years. They will buy up Game Two ahead of time on the false belief it will be win number two. Well, it will be win number two, just not for the team they want.

If it is not a Cross town series, you're estimate of two grand is probably close to reality. The Mets might get a slightly higher price becuase New Yorkers love a winner. The Cards would get more, but I'm not sure they'll be playing in October. Milwaukee could pay my mortgage for a few months, too.

Ziggy S
08-07-2008, 02:41 AM
Hate to defend two wretched fanbases, but there are plenty of young, white folks at the Cell, too.

Too bad you always do by going, "Hey we have a bunch of douchey White Sox fans as well." It doesn't sound like you really hate to do it at all. Also, there's quite a difference between young and white and annoying white yuppie, which make up a huge contingent of the Red Sawx and Scrub fanbases.

Nellie_Fox
08-07-2008, 03:54 AM
Race is absolutely irrelevant to the discussion. Stop it.

RadioheadRocks
08-07-2008, 04:00 AM
That is an excellent example of the deep-seated passion and love for their teams that Boston fans have. This is why they are universally recognized as perhaps the most knowledgeable and devoted fans in all of American sports.

"The Teal Police, they live inside of my head,
The Teal Police, they come to me in my bed..."

:tealpolice:

kittle42
08-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Too bad you always do by going, "Hey we have a bunch of douchey White Sox fans as well." It doesn't sound like you really hate to do it at all. Also, there's quite a difference between young and white and annoying white yuppie, which make up a huge contingent of the Red Sawx and Scrub fanbases.

I suppose it's the annoying Northsider in me. I hate the annoying frat boys and trixies you find at Wrigley. I hate the annoying overserved, ready-to-fight idiots you find at the Cell.

In general, I hate everyone, even me! :cool:

areilly
08-07-2008, 01:15 PM
I suppose it's the annoying Northsider in me. I hate the annoying frat boys and trixies you find at Wrigley. I hate the annoying overserved, ready-to-fight idiots you find at the Cell.

I hate myself too, which is probably why I have the sports allegiances I do.

cleanwsox
08-07-2008, 01:20 PM
Another interesting fact, the three teams in town this weekend all won the World Series the year after the Sox won it.

Cubs in 1907
Red Sox in 1918
Cards in 2006

hi im skot
08-07-2008, 01:27 PM
Another interesting fact, the three teams in town this weekend all won the World Series the year after the Sox won it.

Cubs in 1908
Red Sox in 1918
Cards in 2006

The White Sox didn't win the World Series in 1907.

Sad
08-07-2008, 01:30 PM
I've already sold my tickets for this weekends games. I cannot stand it when sitting next to some "Red Sox" fans yelling for Big Papi and Manny.

I'll have a nice seat watching the game on my couch or at a bar.

my boss lives near Boston (Peabody) and is flying in for Monday night's game...
I don't think he even has any business scheduled here that week...
I told him I'd pass... I also sold my Sat. night tix...

cleanwsox
08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
The White Sox didn't win the World Series in 1907.

Whoops, messed up the years.

skottyj242
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM

Its' okay I hate's you to.

kittle42
08-07-2008, 03:10 PM

Join the crowd!

sullythered
08-07-2008, 03:11 PM

There are more annoying over-served ready to fight idiots at Wrigley, as well. They are worse than us. Facts are facts. Stop fighting it.

sullythered
08-07-2008, 03:12 PM
Is that a dethklok reference?!?!

Jerko
08-07-2008, 03:36 PM
Lotta hate in this thread suddenly.

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2007/06/01/he_hate_me.jpg

kittle42
08-07-2008, 03:45 PM
There are more annoying over-served ready to fight idiots at Wrigley, as well. They are worse than us. Facts are facts. Stop fighting it.

I'd say it's about even in that regard. The Sox have a better fanbase (of course) because we fans are generally more passionate, more knowledgable, far less casual, and are not sheep. However, the crowds that actually *go* to the games probably have an equal share of drunks, idiots, and people who shouldn't be allowed in public. This can probably be said for many fanbases, though.

Of course, neither of us will be able to prove any of this, so it's yet another unwinnable argument.

#1swisher
08-07-2008, 04:35 PM
So you haven't been there the last two years then. You have no idea how terrible it has been. I think that of the Red Sox fans that are there only half of them are Red Sox fans, the other half are Cub fans who feel like they're Red Sox fans for some reason.

I have been there the past 2 years plus. lower level and upper 526 (not bleachers) and the red sox fans were/are very nice. as are the yankee fans. I have said it before and will say it again. I find that the twins fans are rude. :angry:
I will be @ Sat game with my promo beach towel.:tongue:

mccoydp
08-07-2008, 05:59 PM

At least they have one less ******* to cheer for this year. :redneck

PatK
08-07-2008, 07:54 PM
You guys are being awfully harsh to that beer belly guy.

Look at him, can't you see he's drinking for two?

KenBerryGrab
08-08-2008, 10:52 AM
Whenever that Comcast promo comes on for "the last three World Series winners will be in town!" and shows the four teams, I can't help but sing:
"One of these things is not like the other.
One of these things just doesn't belong."

jenn2080
08-08-2008, 11:47 AM

It's Swisher. I say absolutely not.

Demafrost
08-08-2008, 11:50 AM

If the Red Sox are Evil Empire, Jr. then the Cubs with their bloated payroll must be Evil Empire, III....except without the World Championships. There must have been some inbreeding or something :)

October26
08-08-2008, 12:57 PM
If the Red Sox are Evil Empire, Jr. then the Cubs with their bloated payroll must be Evil Empire, III....except without the World Championships. There must have been some inbreeding or something :)

I started reading this thread and felt like I was going to puke after seeing the picture of the beer belly guy. Then I get to this point and I feel like laughing.

Honestly, the only good thing about the Red Sox being in town this weekend is that it will pour money into the Chicago economy (there are hundreds swarming around downtown Chicago today). They stay at our hotels and eat at our over priced downtown restaurants and ride our taxis all over the place. Then they go to our ballpark and spend more money. This is good.

The Cardinals fans, on the other hand, are really cool to me. They have always seemed nice and friendly to me.

Regarding the White sox - Red Sox series this weekend at US Cellular Field, I am hopeful that White Sox pitching will hold up, and I also that our offense shows up to play! Go White Sox!

Sockinchisox
08-09-2008, 12:07 AM
So I saw a "Red Sox fan" today at the game with a Red Sox jersey on and a Cubs hat. :rolleyes:

chisoxfanatic
08-09-2008, 12:31 AM
There are other signs of people not being REAL fans of their teams; but, this one is such a dead giveaway. Why the hell would a Red Sox fan put the player's name on the back of a HOME WHITE jersey??? Any REAL Red Sox fan knows they do not wear their names on the backs of those jerseys. I saw a bunch of those tonight.

LongLiveFisk
08-09-2008, 12:37 AM
Honestly, the only good thing about the Red Sox being in town this weekend is that it will pour money into the Chicago economy (there are hundreds swarming around downtown Chicago today). They stay at our hotels and eat at our over priced downtown restaurants and ride our taxis all over the place. Then they go to our ballpark and spend more money. This is good.

The Cardinals fans, on the other hand, are really cool to me. They have always seemed nice and friendly to me.

Yep, I went downtown shopping today and saw quite a few Red Sox jerseys and caps. I was wearing my White Sox shirt, of course, and waited for someone to say something to me (in jest, hopefully!) but I got nothing.

I was wondering why I was seeing so much St Louis stuff as well...I didn't know the Cards were even in town since it's not too often both Chicago teams are home at the same time.

LongLiveFisk
08-09-2008, 12:38 AM
So I saw a "Red Sox fan" today at the game with a Red Sox jersey on and a Cubs hat. :rolleyes:

It was probably a Cubs fan, not a Red Sox fan.

ChiSoxGirl
08-09-2008, 12:39 AM

Well, I've decided to go. The weather is supposed to be great on Sunday and I know I'd regret not going if I passed on the invitation. I haven't been to a Sox game in five weeks (a long time for me) and in three months, I'll be longing to go to a game and will think back to that August afternoon when I turned down an invite just because we were playing the Red Sox. Hopefully, it'll be a great afternoon and the d-bags will be nowhere in sight!

kittle42
08-10-2008, 03:55 AM
The crowd Friday was very well-behaved.

SoxGirl4Life
08-10-2008, 07:48 AM
The crowd Friday was very well-behaved.

The crowds will always seem better behaved if the White Sox are winning. If Boston is knocking us around for the whole game, it gets ugly. Same goes for Cubs games at the Cell.

The crowd was ok, even last night, because it was a tight game until Boone crapped the bed.

AnkleSox
08-10-2008, 01:20 PM
Going to the game last night broke my personal 25 game winning streak. And I was disgusted by how many Boston fans were there. Do these people have jobs?

SoxandtheCityTee
08-10-2008, 01:36 PM
I got invited for tomorrow night and I'm going. My last Bosox game at the Cell was July 9, 2006 -- that last game before the break, the one that went 19 innings. The Sox walked it off with an RBI single by Iguchi but it felt like a very unsatisfying win. Which is unusual for me.

At the time I thought it was the oppressive heat (six hours in full sun is well over my limit) and the visiting fans -- though most of them were gone well before the end, having to catch their flights back. But I think it may have been a budding bad feeling that bloomed big time when baseball resumed with the horrible road trip, followed by the horrible homestand culminating in a sweep by the Twinkies, and suddenly we were 7 or 8 out.

Anyway, after that I stayed away from Boston games but like you, ChiSoxGirl, I've decided to get over it. Let's bring in these wins.

chisoxfanatic
08-10-2008, 06:59 PM
Since tomorrow is a Monday, I wouldn't think there would be as many Red Sox fans there (I thought all of the Red Sox bus/plane trip packages ran Friday through Sunday or something like that). It would be wonderful to take this series 3 games to 1. We have the man on the hill to do it!

OldRomanPizza
08-10-2008, 09:23 PM
Was at the game last night, sitting a few seats down from the Paulie grand slam seat. Perhaps I got luckly, but I didnt notice one annoying Boston fan. To be honest, I only heard two Boston accents all night, the rest were all nerdy looking types.

ChiSoxGirl
08-10-2008, 11:20 PM
I got invited for tomorrow night and I'm going. My last Bosox game at the Cell was July 9, 2006 -- that last game before the break, the one that went 19 innings. The Sox walked it off with an RBI single by Iguchi but it felt like a very unsatisfying win. Which is unusual for me.

At the time I thought it was the oppressive heat (six hours in full sun is well over my limit) and the visiting fans -- though most of them were gone well before the end, having to catch their flights back. But I think it may have been a budding bad feeling that bloomed big time when baseball resumed with the horrible road trip, followed by the horrible homestand culminating in a sweep by the Twinkies, and suddenly we were 7 or 8 out.

Anyway, after that I stayed away from Boston games but like you, ChiSoxGirl, I've decided to get over it. Let's bring in these wins.

I'm really glad I went today- the weather was perfect and there's just something so therapeutic about sitting in the sun and taking in winning baseball. I posted my recap of the well-behaved Red Sox fans around me in the post-game thread. I think you'll enjoy yourself tomorrow.

DumpJerry
08-11-2008, 12:10 AM
Going to the game last night broke my personal 25 game winning streak. And I was disgusted by how many Boston fans were there. Do these people have jobs?
I'm sure they do. This was a weekend and it's called a vacation. Many White Sox fans travel to White Sox road games, we have jobs, too.

I've been to all three games and will be there Monday.

Since this is not last year where we lost each game 98-5, the Red Sox and Red Cub fans have been very well behaved except for the 50-something Red Sox fan behind me Saturdya who almost got choked by me for her sheer idiocy all night.

Most of the Boston people I talked with were leaving Sunday night/Monday morning. Too bad they are not staying for Monday's game, it's half-priced night.