PDA

View Full Version : Fielder-Parra Fight in Dugout

Viva Medias B's
08-04-2008, 09:22 PM
Prince Fielder and Manny Parra got into a fight in the Brewers' dugout tonight.

Sockinchisox
08-04-2008, 09:23 PM
Didn't something like this happen last year with Yost and a player?

Bill Naharodny
08-04-2008, 09:58 PM
Didn't something like this happen last year with Yost and a player?

I think you're right. Continued awesome leadership by their "manager."

LoveYourSuit
08-04-2008, 10:01 PM
Manny Parra stand up for yourself kid ..... man he stood there like a punching bag.

Unreal

08-04-2008, 10:07 PM
Prince Fielder seems like one of the biggest ****bags in baseball.

eriqjaffe
08-04-2008, 10:43 PM
Prince Fielder seems like one of the biggest ****bags in baseball.Prince Fielder is one of the biggest anythings in baseball.

RKMeibalane
08-04-2008, 10:45 PM
Prince Fielder is one of the biggest anythings in baseball.

Prince Fielder reminds me of Garfield. He is fat and lazy.

South Side Irish
08-05-2008, 12:02 AM

:scratch:

For a fatboy, he can move - he's even got an Inside the Park HR this year. Did you see his leaping catch the other night?

EuroSox35
08-05-2008, 12:07 AM
Prince Fielder seems like one of the biggest ****bags in baseball.

completely agree

South Side Irish
08-05-2008, 12:29 AM
completely agree

Yeah, I just saw it... what's the story here? Seems like Parra came into the dugout and just got blasted.

"DON'T TAKE THE LAST ****ING CHEEZBURGER AGAIN BEYATCH!!!! MY CHEEZEBORGOR!!!!"

Nellie_Fox
08-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Yeah, I just saw it... what's the story here? Seems like Parra came into the dugout and just got blasted.

"DON'T TAKE THE LAST ****ING CHEEZBURGER AGAIN BEYATCH!!!! MY CHEEZEBORGOR!!!!"Prince has become a vegetarian this year. Really. No, I'm not kidding. A vegetarian. Prince Fielder.

MUsoxfan
08-05-2008, 02:32 AM
Prince has become a vegetarian this year. Really. No, I'm not kidding. A vegetarian. Prince Fielder.

I guess deep-fried mushrooms, fries and onion rings really isn't a bad way to be a vegetarian

Adele_H
08-05-2008, 02:55 AM
Prince Fielder and Manny Parra got into a fight in the Brewers' dugout tonight.

I can see it now: Carlos "El Toro" Zambrano vs. Prince Fielder; VALE TUDO. Bacon optional.

...as an under-card for the main event which is of course of course: Fedor vs. Kimbo Slice.

Railsplitter
08-05-2008, 06:13 AM
Apparently, Fielder thought Parra should have stayed in the dugout after being lifted for a pinch hitter.

chaerulez
08-05-2008, 09:10 AM

The dude is much more athletic and mobile than Konerko. Or a lot of other first basemen for that matter.

I don't know why people are quick to cast Fielder as the villain here, yes he started the shoving but you don't know the whole story. But Prince doesn't get along with his dad, so who knows he might not get along with a lot of people.

Ned Yost came off as a complete moron in his press conference. He compared reporters asking about it like neighbors asking about a private fight they saw in someones house. Well Ned, a MLB dugout is hardly a private matter. It happened as television cameras were watching them, during a MLB game which is a pretty public place. Fans pay money to see these games and perhaps when their MLB team is choking like they did last year they deserve to know what is going on. The idiot had a the nerve to say it was rude to ask about what happened.

oeo
08-05-2008, 09:13 AM
:scratch:

For a fatboy, he can move - he's even got an Inside the Park HR this year. Did you see his leaping catch the other night?

He can leap? :o:

salty99
08-05-2008, 09:31 AM
He can leap? :o:

Yes and it was a sweet play.

doublem23
08-05-2008, 09:32 AM
Ned Yost came off as a complete moron in his press conference. He compared reporters asking about it like neighbors asking about a private fight they saw in someones house. Well Ned, a MLB dugout is hardly a private matter. It happened as television cameras were watching them, during a MLB game which is a pretty public place. Fans pay money to see these games and perhaps when their MLB team is choking like they did last year they deserve to know what is going on. The idiot had a the nerve to say it was rude to ask about what happened.

I have no doubt the Brewers would have won the Central last year and would be giving the Cubs a very good run for their money (rather than just being a nagging pest) this year if it wasn't for Yost.

oeo
08-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Yes and it was a sweet play.

I thought I felt a rumble.

Bobby Thigpen
08-05-2008, 09:39 AM
I don't know why people are quick to cast Fielder as the villain here, yes he started the shoving but you don't know the whole story. But Prince doesn't get along with his dad, so who knows he might not get along with a lot of people.
Probably has more to do with his dad leaving him and his mom than him being a jerk.

It's Time
08-05-2008, 12:37 PM
Why does this have to be Fielder/Parra issue? IMO, the fact the Brewers got destroyed in getting swept in 4 against the Cubs is what you are seeing.

The Brewers were banking on taking 3 of 4 and at the VERY least, splitting the series. The fact they were embarrassed by the team they so badly want to beat and catch is having a bad impact on them.

Baseball tonight showed the Brewers engaging in a bean ball war in game 4 of that series. They lost their cool well before yesterday.

EuroSox35
08-05-2008, 01:16 PM
I've never liked him, even if the fight wasn't his fault at all, just from interviews and pieces, seems like a tool to me. I would probably hate being his teammate

noctrl117
08-06-2008, 12:42 PM
Maybe Parra provided Fielder with some dieting ideas, such as staying away from the buffet table!

chaerulez
08-06-2008, 01:24 PM
I have no doubt the Brewers would have won the Central last year and would be giving the Cubs a very good run for their money (rather than just being a nagging pest) this year if it wasn't for Yost.

As in an in game manager I think Yost is pretty solid. I don't think he handles the rest of the job very well though. You can't tell the media (which is basically telling the fans) that it's rude to want to know why this happened. It's idiotic.

PatK
08-08-2008, 12:43 PM
Prince is the only person I've seen that became a vegetarian and looks like they've gained weight.

soltrain21
08-08-2008, 12:49 PM
I don't think he is a vegetarian anymore. I'm pretty sure that was short lived.

Brewski
08-09-2008, 11:07 PM
I hate to say it, but the Cardinals are going to be the beneficiary of all this and sneak into the playoffs, IMO. Maybe we can pick up Prince for CF. We seem to be going fat at that position.

MUsoxfan
08-14-2008, 12:28 AM
8 in a row since the scuffle. Very impressive