PDA

View Full Version : Trading for a Third Starter

chisoxt
05-10-2002, 11:30 PM
It sounds easy, but quite honestly, how much will the Sox have to overpay to get someone who probably will be better than what we have now, but how much better? Eough to make a difference? I doubt it! I frankly don't trust Williams to make any deals right now. I afraid that we'll get fleeced.

jklm
05-10-2002, 11:36 PM
:KW

Joe Borchard, Jon Rauch and Corwin Malone for Kenny Rogers.

Bmr31
05-10-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
It sounds easy, but quite honestly, how much will the Sox have to overpay to get someone who probably will be better than what we have now, but how much better? Eough to make a difference? I doubt it! I frankly don't trust Williams to make any deals right now. I afraid that we'll get fleeced.

They have no choice. Wright is not a major leaguer at this point. Probably never will be....

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by Bmr31

They have no choice. Wright is not a major leaguer at this point. Probably never will be....

Maybe in the bullpen. I don't see him as a starter.

Daver
05-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Danny Wright has Five pitches that he can throw for strikes,he will be a MLB starter. He is another victim of the Sox rushing their prospects to the big club,Kip Wells is proof positive of that.

baggio202
05-11-2002, 12:04 AM
question should be...how much would it cost for a 3rd , 4th and 5th starter???..oh wait..pittsburgh has the answer...it cost todd ritchie :o:

voodoochile
05-11-2002, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by baggio202
question should be...how much would it cost for a 3rd , 4th and 5th starter???..oh wait..pittsburgh has the answer...it cost todd ritchie :o:

where's the teal?

Lord, this refraing needs to be given a rest...

Bmr31
05-11-2002, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by daver
Danny Wright has Five pitches that he can throw for strikes,he will be a MLB starter. He is another victim of the Sox rushing their prospects to the big club,Kip Wells is proof positive of that.

yeah unfortunately he throws those 5 pitches for strikes, right where the hitters like it....hes awful.

Bmr31
05-11-2002, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by baggio202

LOL!!

GASHWOUND
05-11-2002, 01:00 AM
Originally posted by voodoochile

where's the teal?

Lord, this refraing needs to be given a rest...

Agreed, why do people keep harping on this? Ritchie has done great, and would Kip Wells have done or would've done better than eiter Wright or Garland?

GASHWOUND
05-11-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

I don't think you can say he will never be a major league pitcher, he has shown signs of being pretty good, has a live arm and ha pitched some good games this year. But since you say he'll never be one, than it's probably true

Garrison
05-11-2002, 01:12 AM
Wright is a good prospect and whoever said the Sox have rushed good arms to the majors was right on. Give him some time in the pen and a chance to starighten it out. Right now he shouldn't be starting though. Sure he can dominate at times and get his pitches over but when he is off he gets shelled and can't fix himself during the game. He needs some time out of the rotation. He did real well from the pen last year. Just don't get down on the guy and give up on him. I think we may have done that with Kipper. #1 BurlyMon #2 Ritchie #3 Garland #4-#5 ?!?!? :(: The Sox need to makes some pitching changes fast. They reacted well to the 16-0 destruction by making changes. We need that again. Send Porzio down. We want Wunsch! The kid sucks. He and Ginter really took it on the chin for the team.

CerberusWG
05-11-2002, 09:04 AM
I'd unload Durham and/or CLee for a good #2, or #3.

I think it's painfully obvious we need a #3.

ScottyTheSoxFan
05-11-2002, 10:00 AM
CLee and a young pitcher could probably net us something good I would think. I dont want to trade in the division, but we could do a a deal with detroit and get Weaver and Sparks. That would help.

Garrison
05-11-2002, 11:08 AM
I would gladly deal Ray or C Lee at this point. Either get a #2 and move Ritchie to the #3 or just get someone to pitch #3. Unless you wanna pay big bucks, trade Ray before season's end. I wouldn't mind trading for Weaver and/or Sparks. Would the Royals let us have Suppan or Byrd? They are a bad team and those are two good pitchers. Any takers?

CerberusWG
05-11-2002, 01:18 PM
I'd rather trade for someone outside the division.

soxtalker
05-11-2002, 02:12 PM
I wonder if KW is holding back a bit on a trade. There is probably need another pitcher. He has some minor league talent that he could trade. (I hope he doesn't, as I'd like to be able to watch a good team in two or three years.) But he also has some flexibility in trading the major league talent (e.g., Crede could come up if Valentine or Clayton were traded). I'm guessing that the major league players become more valuable as the season progresses, and teams suffer injuries or want to fill holes for the stretch run.

These losses are very painful, but we probably do have a little We're only one game behind the Twins.

Of course, I do hope KW is out there looking. All it would take is a few more losses coupled with Twins victories ...

Soxheads
05-11-2002, 03:30 PM
I still think Garland is our #3. I think we do need extra starting pitching. Someone to replace Garland in the #4 spot. I am going to wait to July though, because evrything could be a lot different by then.

Thats my two cents. :gulp:

guillen4life13
05-11-2002, 11:19 PM
you guys don't know what you're talking about!!! we have the man we need right here in charlotte. He's a star, I tell you!

:canseco
I can pitch you an "A" game. I'll come ready to play!