PDA

View Full Version : Shame on WEEI Boston

Fenway
08-04-2008, 12:04 PM
It seems that they passed these signs out on Sunday at Fenway

Manny being Manny was something Red Sox fans put up because he still was the best free agent signing in history at that price level.

Name me ANYBODY else who kept producing after they got the big bucks

AND won a ring ( sorry A-Rod)

chisoxmike
08-04-2008, 12:12 PM
Ugh. I just remembered the "nation" is coming to town Friday. My tickets are on StubHub, yet no dice.

Regardless, Manny is a huge reason they won two titles in that town. Boston, in general, let Manny get out of hand. They allowed his piss poor behavior.

Fenway
08-04-2008, 12:22 PM
Ugh. I just remembered the "nation" is coming to town Friday. My tickets are on StubHub, yet no dice.

Regardless, Manny is a huge reason they won two titles in that town. Boston, in general, let Manny get out of hand. They allowed his piss poor behavior.

I wish I could be in town.

World Series Trophy will be at a Lakeview Bar on Saturday

hi im skot
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
I wish I could be in town.

World Series Trophy will be at a Lakeview Bar on Saturday

Red Cubs fans will be in full force Saturday.

:barf:

eriqjaffe
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
WEEI is giving away "For Sale" signs?

FedEx227
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM

Manny being Manny was something Red Sox fans put up because he still was the best free agent signing in history at that price level.

Actually you guys created that monster by letting him do whatever he chose because he produced big numbers. I don't blame a single thing on Manny Ramirez, he was and always will be an *******, it was just the Boston fan and national media that allowed him to do without consequence.

Vernam
08-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Actually you guys created that monster by letting him do whatever he chose because he produced big numbers. I don't blame a single thing on Manny Ramirez, he was and always will be an *******, it was just the Boston fan and national media that allowed him to do without consequence.Absolutely. What a joke that such a big deal was made about those grounders he didn't run out recently, when he'd been pulling **** like that for years. All of a sudden, because his contract is up, the Red Sox and their fans get a conscience? :bs:

There's no doubting his talent or his ego. As guys like that age, the ego starts to look pretty ridiculous, just like his hair. Boston got their championships, and I'm sure it was worth the compromises. But seeing him in that uniform must feel a little like Bulls fans seeing Rodman on the last three championship teams. Those were great years, but it'd been nice if we could've done it without that circus aspect.

Vernam

Soxman219
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
Red Cubs fans will be in full force Saturday.

:barf:

I'll be at that game.:(:

Just hope that the Right Sox win that game so the Red Sox fans can shut up.

spiffie
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM
Boston is a world-class city with top-notch sports fans. I wish them nothing but good things.

areilly
08-04-2008, 01:59 PM
You know, the internet and mass media weren't as big at the time so I couldn't keep up, but was Manny like this in Cleveland, too? That doesn't strike me as a city or fanbase that would put up with it.

A friend of mine still gets a little choked up reminiscing about chanting "Ba-by Bull!" at the Jake in the late 1990s. You have to wonder what Boston fans will talk about when they talk about Manny 15 years from now.

Walkman
08-04-2008, 02:08 PM

Name me ANYBODY else who kept producing after they got the big bucks

AND won a ring ( sorry A-Rod)

JD is just one of many.

Why do Red Sox fans (and I know many) think that every accomplishment of their team or players is among the best "in history?" Does anyone else notice this?

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2008, 02:10 PM
Same here, no dice either. Fortunately, we have the Friday and Monday games. I'd expect the greater influx of Carmine fans Saturday and Sunday.
Boston is a world-class city with top-notch sports fans. I wish them nothing but good things.
What??? There are extremely high standards when labeling a city as world-class. Boston does not stand in the same bracket as cities like LA, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, Moscow, Paris, Amsterdam, and Madrid. I agree with you that they are top-notch sports fans...in terms of being classless.

LoveYourSuit
08-04-2008, 02:16 PM
What??? There are extremely high standards when labeling a city as world-class. Boston does not stand in the same bracket as cities like LA, Chicago, New York City, San Francisco, Toronto, Moscow, Paris, Amsterdam, and Madrid. I agree with you that they are top-notch sports fans...in terms of being classless.

Agree. I don't get that post. Maybe he meant it in teal?

FedEx227
08-04-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm assuming so.

Foulke You
08-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Same here, no dice either. Fortunately, we have the Friday and Monday games. I'd expect the greater influx of Carmine fans Saturday and Sunday.

I happen to like the city of Boston and visit there quite a bit. (I'll be at Fenway Park for the first two White Sox vs. Red Sox games later this month) It's a great city with lots to see and do and most of the people are very nice albeit "East Coast Centric". Contrary to the general consensus on WSI, there are a lot of good Red Sox fans that I've interacted with in my many trips there. I just think a lot of those great Red Sox fans have been priced out of going to Fenway Park in the year 2008. My take is this...The Red Sox are to Boston in 2008 what the MJ Bulls were to Chicago in the late '90s. EVERYONE in the city went ga-ga for the Bulls during the Jordan era and there were a lot of idiot fans that started showing up at the United Center because it was the "in" thing while the real fans were shut out of getting tickets. The city of Boston is the same way. They've always been a good baseball town but the two championships have pushed their popularity to the stratosphere in that town so they get a lot of the bandwagon clingers to their success train just like the Bulls got.

I think White Sox fans only experience the bad side of Boston (ESPN's coverage, the idiots that show up at Fenway now, the Red Cub fans that show up at The Cell when the Red Sox come to town, etc. etc.) and are blind to the fact that Boston is a great city with great fans just like Chicago.