PDA

View Full Version : Fields can't beat out Uribe

Gammons Peter
08-04-2008, 10:22 AM
We should have traded him when he still had a little value.

hi im skot
08-04-2008, 10:24 AM
ok.

Tragg
08-04-2008, 10:39 AM
Uribe has proven over 7 seasons that he doesn't hit very well; and for a 3B, absolutely dreadfully.
But by all means, let's take the guaranteed well below average.

palehozenychicty
08-04-2008, 10:43 AM
He was considered our premier prospect just last year. :(:

PolishPower83
08-04-2008, 10:47 AM
Yeah, Fields' confidence level has got be in the ****s right now. I was calling for the dude to replace Crede before the season started and now look. I'm not giving up on him, but getting sent back down to AAA and injuries have obviously played a role in his struggles. Uribe is performing more than adequately for me as of today.

hi im skot
08-04-2008, 10:48 AM
Uribe can get the occasional big hit and plays solid defense.

Fields has struggled with the bat and has made several costly errors in his two weeks of being back with the club.

In the middle of a pennant race, I think the choice is pretty clear...

spiffie
08-04-2008, 10:49 AM
Uribe has proven over 7 seasons that he doesn't hit very well; and for a 3B, absolutely dreadfully.
But by all means, let's take the guaranteed well below average.
He also fields his position about 500X better than Fields.

TomBradley72
08-04-2008, 10:52 AM
Fields has not progressed at all this season. His range is almost non-existent and he's a boxer when he does get to the ball. 1st Base/DH is the only way he gets regular playing time in the major leagues. So we can add him to the Konerko/Thome/Swisher part of our roster.

palehozenychicty
08-04-2008, 11:06 AM
Fields has not progressed at all this season. His range is almost non-existent and he's a boxer when he does get to the ball. 1st Base/DH is the only way he gets regular playing time in the major leagues. So we can add him to the Konerko/Thome/Swisher part of our roster.

Seriously.

WhiteSoxBlog
08-04-2008, 11:12 AM
Well, it's good to have Fields as a backup and all, but I agree that we probably should have found a way to trade him for some other utility infielder while we could. He seemed to have good trade value, and instead of coming to Chicago to prove himself, he just undid any previous misconceptions anyone may have had about his potential or of him being the equivalent of a healthy Crede. But then again, who could ever have predicted that Uribe would have this much value to our team and Fields would be performing so poorly at this point in the year?

FedEx227
08-04-2008, 11:19 AM
The sad state of the Chicago White Sox minor league system.

RockyMtnSoxFan
08-04-2008, 11:21 AM

Wouldn't Griffey fall in that category too? I realize he's playing center, but come on ...

What is with KW's obsession with slow, low average, high strikeout sluggers?

Foulke You
08-04-2008, 11:23 AM
With the pitching staff struggling like it has, the choice for Ozzie is clear. He has to go with the better defense at 3B and that is Juan Uribe. Fields and Uribe are both similar players on offense right now as well so you might as well go with the better glove. Both will strike out a lot but provide some occasional power.

Frater Perdurabo
08-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Wouldn't Griffey fall in that category too? I realize he's playing center, but come on ...

It's not just KW. It's the whole organization that has a bias toward those kinds of players.

doublem23
08-04-2008, 12:08 PM
The sad state of the Chicago White Sox minor league system.

Whatever, I recall the Sox having the best overall farm system after the 2000 season and so far, the only successful players that were actually produced were Rauch, Rowand, and Crede.

It's nice to have a good farm system, but it's not critically important.

oeo
08-04-2008, 12:18 PM
You people sure were excited about him 5 months ago. Then the great Joe Crede comes back (having a terrible defensive year, and so-so offensive year, mind you) and suddenly everything changes.

Fields should be starting everyday, because whether you like or not, he most likely will be our third baseman next year. And not because Crede's going to get this massive contract (because he won't), but because we shouldn't even re-sign him. He's not healthy, he said he wasn't even 100% at the beginning of the year, so who knows if he ever will be (most likely not).

If you want to say we should have traded Fields, you can say the same thing about Crede. At least Fields has room for improvement. OTOH, it doesn't look like Crede will ever be able to stay on the field for an entire season again.

PhillipsBubba
08-04-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm not a big Uribe fan but our defense is weak right now and we need JU's glove...I'm disappointed in the way Fields has looked at third. Yes...I agree we should have traded Fields for a pitcher.

hi im skot
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Fields should be starting everyday, because whether you like or not, he most likely will be our third baseman next year. And not because Crede's going to get this massive contract (because he won't), but because we shouldn't even re-sign him. He's not healthy, he said he wasn't even 100% at the beginning of the year, so who knows if he ever will be (most likely not).

If Josh Fields starts at third for the rest of the season, the Sox miss the playoffs by at least 7 or 8 games.

oeo
08-04-2008, 12:37 PM
If Josh Fields starts at third for the rest of the season, the Sox miss the playoffs by at least 7 or 8 games.

Yes, Josh Fields will cost them 7 or 8 games. :rolleyes:

Stop being ridiculous.

You guys are unbelievable. 5 months ago, Josh Fields is the best thing since sliced bread, one month ago Uribe can't get out of here fast enough. It is ****ing hilarious how quickly things change around here. It's never level-headed, reasonable judgment, it's always one extreme to the other.

hi im skot
08-04-2008, 12:44 PM

Stop being ridiculous.

You guys are unbelievable. 5 months ago, Josh Fields is the best thing since sliced bread, one month ago Uribe can't get out of here fast enough. It is ****ing hilarious how quickly things change around here.

His defense is brutal and his offense isn't much better. Sitting Crede is bad for the defense, bad for the offense, and bad for team morale.

"Hey guys, we're in the thick of a pennant race, but let's sit our proven third baseman for a kid who hasn't played an entire big league season!"

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

And this "you guys" business - you make it sound like everyone on the board was rooting for Crede to leave town. I was surprised that Crede started the year in Chicago, but not disappointed. However, I never called Fields a great player or called for Uribe's head...I feel like I'm one of Juan's biggest supporters here.

"Stop being ridiculous."

:rolleyes:

oeo
08-04-2008, 12:51 PM
His defense is brutal and his offense isn't much better. Sitting Crede is bad for the defense, bad for the offense, and bad for team morale.

"Hey guys, we're in the thick of a pennant race, but let's sit our proven third baseman for a kid who hasn't played an entire big league season!"

Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

My mistake, I didn't mean to say he should be starting the rest of the year, but until Crede returns. Which, who knows, might not even be for much of the rest of the year the way Crede is progressing. Still, 7 or games is ridiculous. We'll finish 7 or 8 games out because our pitching never returns, not because of our third baseman.

And this "you guys" business - you make it sound like everyone on the board was rooting for Crede to leave town. I was surprised that Crede started the year in Chicago, but not disappointed. However, I never called Fields a great player or called for Uribe's head...I feel like I'm one of Juan's biggest supporters here.

"Stop being ridiculous."

:rolleyes:In general, that's the feeling around here...that's why I said 'you guys,' and not 'hi im skot.'

hi im skot
08-04-2008, 12:59 PM
My mistake, I didn't mean to say he should be starting the rest of the year, but until Crede returns. Which, who knows, might not even be for much of the rest of the year the way Crede is progressing.

That's cool, and I don't necessarily disagree with that sentiment. It's just...man, Fields is rough at third. Our pitching staff can't afford to cough up runs (and games) with poor defense behind them.

I'd say splitting time between Uribe and Fields is our best bet, with Juan being at third late in the game.

In general, that's the feeling around here...that's why I said 'you guys,' and not 'hi im skot.'

I understand that, and I probably got a little too defensive there. Most posters (myself included) weren't convinced that Crede could come back healthy. He has, er, did, but he's having issues again. I don't think most of us were expecting the second-coming with Fields, but he showed a lot in 2007. That glimmer of promise, plus Crede's health questions, equals a lot of Sox fans leaning more towards Fields than Joe.

08-04-2008, 01:00 PM
I'm not sure why every mention of Josh Fields somehow turns into an argument, but that's besides the point.

Last winter, my position on Fields/Crede was this ... If Williams could find a decent deal for Crede (pitching), great. He couldn't, so it was Crede's job because Williams wanted the team to contend and felt they could contend. They are contending so in my mind there was nothing wrong with that approach.

As for Fields, I will admit to having a bias against guys who strike out a ton. Now of course Thome strikes out a lot too but he also gets on base and sees a lot of pitches. So from that standpoint it's different.

Personally, I was not impressed with Fields' defense last year and the continued high strikeout rate has been alarming. Granted he's battled a few injuries but results are results and they haven't been good. He may have potential to improve but I don't like what I see (which is just my opinion and frankly I wish I had a different opinion). I would like to see Josh be "the guy" at 3B but I don't like his defensive instincts and I don't like his mechanics at the plate, nor his swing, nor his ability to hit breaking pitches or good fastballs. Again, I wish I saw something different.

Crede's defense has not been great this year either. But it's a moot point in my mind because they will not re-sign Crede. There will be a market for 3B this winter and there's the Boras factor.

If I had to guess, I would say we will see neither Fields or Crede manning 3B next year. I believe Williams will make a trade or sign a 1-2 year stopgap.

Maybe they should have traded Fields but then again, he was (is) insurance and I agree that Crede's back will never be the same. Crede himself has admitted as such.

oeo
08-04-2008, 01:06 PM
If I had to guess, I would say we will see neither Fields or Crede manning 3B next year. I believe Williams will make a trade or sign a 1-2 year stopgap.

How? Where's he going to come from? The third baseman free agent market is terrible this year. We have no chips to trade, either.

There's not that many options out there is what I'm saying, and Fields might be the best one.

Maybe they should have traded Fields but then again, he was (is) insurance and I agree that Crede's back will never be the same. Crede himself has admitted as such.If he's as bad as people say he is, then how much were we going to get for him? Teams were interested him as early as a week ago, so his stock hasn't dropped so much that we're screwed. And if other teams have interest, then they obviously still see the potential.

chaerulez
08-04-2008, 01:08 PM
Whatever, I recall the Sox having the best overall farm system after the 2000 season and so far, the only successful players that were actually produced were Rauch, Rowand, and Crede.

The Rays, Marlins and Twins would disagree.

soxinem1
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
Fields hit 23 homers in limited playing time last year. We all know he's no gazelle, but power has historically been the main purpose of a 3B.

Is this not a rash judgement on a guy who has had a serious leg injury this year, and only about 20 AB's?

Fields can be a 30 HR, 20 SB guy, even if he's a 20 error guy too.

Fields does not look healthy, IMHO. I remember when White Sox 3B would hit about .230 with 6-7 HR's and 25 errors.

We've been spoiled with Ventura and Crede the past 19 years. Would you prefer we go to the past and have the 3B issues of the pre-1990 seasons, when even the current GM had to be tried out there because we had such weaknesses there? C'mon!

oeo
08-04-2008, 01:13 PM
The Rays, Marlins and Twins would disagree.

None of those teams have money to spend. Well, we've seen the Marlins do it, they just choose not to.

slavko
08-04-2008, 01:17 PM

Something tells me that Griffey won't be our regular CF by season's end.

08-04-2008, 01:18 PM
How? Where's he going to come from? The third baseman free agent market is terrible this year. We have no chips to trade, either.

There's not that many options out there is what I'm saying, and Fields might be the best one.

If he's as bad as people say he is, then how much were we going to get for him? Teams were interested him as early as a week ago, so his stock hasn't dropped so much that we're screwed. And if other teams have interest, then they obviously still see the potential.

I would guess he has some trade value, particularly as part of a package. I wouldn't place too much stock in media reports though. Most of the chatter revolved around Oakland, which seems odd to me. Fields is not Beane's type of player.

Further, as to the 3B market this winter, it's best to dig a little deeper and not just look at the impending free agents. Williams has landed players before that didn't appear to be on the market, and/or players Sox fans hadn't even considered as being targets. Also, I don't buy the notion there are no chips to trade. There are always players in just about every team's system that other teams value and want to acquire.

It's clear you are a Fields fan and hey, that's fine. I am rooting for him too. I just see things panning out differently, both for Josh's future and for the White Sox at 3B moving forward.

EndemicSox
08-04-2008, 01:52 PM

Stop being ridiculous.

You guys are unbelievable. 5 months ago, Josh Fields is the best thing since sliced bread, one month ago Uribe can't get out of here fast enough. It is ****ing hilarious how quickly things change around here. It's never level-headed, reasonable judgment, it's always one extreme to the other.

It's all about performance. Fields put up decent numbers last season, he has been pitiful this season while playing in an easier league. He has certainly lost a good bit of luster...but this is baseball...comes with the "prospect" territory...

TomBradley72
08-04-2008, 01:57 PM

With Quentin/Griffey/Dye...we have to have the slowest OF in the majors.

This is going to catch up to us and exacerbate the pitching problems. Extra outs for the other team with balls we can't reach. In close games/close pennant races this kind of defense always catches up with you.

Tragg
08-04-2008, 03:40 PM
He also fields his position about 500X better than Fields.
He's a better fielder, but Uribe's defense isn't that compelling itself - he has a tendency too ass-drag and he's never had huge lateral range.

When the opportunity cost is so low, play the young player with potential. When Crede comes back healthy, the opportunity cost from playing Fields is too high.

Daver
08-04-2008, 03:49 PM

Carlos Lee, Mark Buerhle, and Kip Wells could be added to your list.

oeo
08-04-2008, 03:52 PM
It's all about performance. Fields put up decent numbers last season, he has been pitiful this season while playing in an easier league. He has certainly lost a good bit of luster...but this is baseball...comes with the "prospect" territory...

You're forgetting that...
a)He was sent down when he earned the starting job last year. You don't think that's deflating as a player?
b)He's been playing hurt.

And it's ridiculous to judge his performance over the few games he's actually played up here, too (because it's a very small sample size). People keep saying he's regressed, but we don't actually know that considering the circumstances.

08-04-2008, 04:17 PM
You're forgetting that...
a)He was sent down when he earned the starting job last year. You don't think that's deflating as a player?
b)He's been playing hurt.

And it's ridiculous to judge his performance over the few games he's actually played up here, too (because it's a very small sample size). People keep saying he's regressed, but we don't actually know that considering the circumstances.

I agree there shouldn't be a rush to judgement based on his recent stint here. It's too small a sample size as you state.

However, in my untrained eye (I'm just a long time fan), there are things that don't look good and don't look improved since last year. Pitch recognition, ability to hit the breaking ball, ability to turn around a good fastball, working the count, length of swing on offense. Footwork and reaction time on defense. All of which are arguably subjective, I realize.

It is also fair to say we don't know if he has NOT regressed either. It's possible he has. Maybe that's due to nagging injuries? It's possible.

Guillen is seeing things he doesn't like, so Fields is not in the lineup. Not that Guillen is the be-all end-all of judging talent, but he is a major league manager and he sees something (plural?) he doesn't like. Just a guess on my part but I think it's possible he sees the same flaws I see and others here see.

As for him being mentally deflated by being sent down, of course he was. He is a competitive person, an athlete. Part of being a productive major leaguer though is to get over it, perform, and make it impossible for the big league team not to call you up. Or, play so well that other teams bowl the GM over in a trade proposal.

For whatever reason(s), he has not played well this season. I have seen a few Charlotte games and know a Chattanooga Lookouts season ticket holder whose opinion on baseball I value and he says the same things. Which doesn't make me or him or Guillen right, but I will say I'm not pulling this stuff out of thin air and I do want this guy to succeeed because it would solve a long term problem. However, I've got some big time doubts based on the things I've said above.

RowanDye
08-04-2008, 04:42 PM
I agree there shouldn't be a rush to judgement based on his recent stint here. It's too small a sample size as you state.

However, in my untrained eye (I'm just a long time fan), there are things that don't look good and don't look improved since last year. Pitch recognition, ability to hit the breaking ball, ability to turn around a good fastball, working the count, length of swing on offense. Footwork and reaction time on defense. All of which are arguably subjective, I realize.

It is also fair to say we don't know if he has NOT regressed either. It's possible he has. Maybe that's due to nagging injuries? It's possible.

Guillen is seeing things he doesn't like, so Fields is not in the lineup. Not that Guillen is the be-all end-all of judging talent, but he is a major league manager and he sees something (plural?) he doesn't like. Just a guess on my part but I think it's possible he sees the same flaws I see and others here see.

As for him being mentally deflated by being sent down, of course he was. He is a competitive person, an athlete. Part of being a productive major leaguer though is to get over it, perform, and make it impossible for the big league team not to call you up. Or, play so well that other teams bowl the GM over in a trade proposal.

For whatever reason(s), he has not played well this season. I have seen a few Charlotte games and know a Chattanooga Lookouts season ticket holder whose opinion on baseball I value and he says the same things. Which doesn't make me or him or Guillen right, but I will say I'm not pulling this stuff out of thin air and I do want this guy to succeeed because it would solve a long term problem. However, I've got some big time doubts based on the things I've said above.

This "mentally deflated" stuff is getting out of hand. Why is there a tendency to play sports psychologist on this board?

The only reason Josh was on the team last year was because of Crede's injury. After the season, KW made it abundantly clear that Josh would play 3B in Charlotte or Chicago.

I'm sure Josh got his hopes up with all of Crede trade speculation, but if you think that he was not prepared for this scenario then you are positing that Josh is appreciably naive. What type of mental affliction can we diagnose Konerko with?

Fields should know his only legitimate chance on the team is at 3B, and that the ticket price includes significantly improved glovework/footwork.

Maybe injuries played a role, whatever, the bottom line is that his AAA stats suggest he hasn't improved much in the past year offensively or defensively. He needs Crede to come back quick so he can go back to Charlotte and get some playing time.

FedEx227
08-04-2008, 04:50 PM
Carlos Lee, Mark Buerhle, and Kip Wells could be added to your list.

So when you look at it then, given the guys you have mentioned plus what doublem added... let's look at this.

Jon Rauch: Traded to acquire Carl Everett a key component on the 2005 World Series team
Aaron Rowand: Key component on the 2005 World Series team
Joe Crede: Key component on the 2005 World Series team
Carlos Lee: Traded to acquire Scott Podsednik a key component on the 2005 World Series team
Mark Buehrle: Key component on the 2005 World Series team
Kip Wells: Duh...Todd Ritchie?!

That's the benefit of a good farm system. Flexibility... you can use those farm system parts to directly construct your team or you can use those parts to acquire other parts. I bet the Red Sox are still happy they parted with Hanley Ramirez (one of the better players in the NL) to acquire Josh Beckett. Yes, they gave up a great, young player but they were able to use their farm system strength to win them a World Series.

Frater Perdurabo
08-04-2008, 04:54 PM
What type of mental affliction can we diagnose Konerko with?

Rectal-cranial inversion. (You did ask...) :tongue:

WhiteSoxBlog
08-04-2008, 04:56 PM
I know he's only had a few at-bats, but the same was true for Wise just a few weeks ago (in fact, he only has about twice as many as Fields so far) and that was enough time for Ozzie to recognize his potential. I guess what I'm trying to say is that every at-bat counts and he hasn't made much of them this year. And it's not like he was a spectacular batter last year. He had a lot of HR for the amount of games he was in, but he was only hitting in the .240s. That just sounds like a lot of swinging for the fences.

Frater Perdurabo
08-04-2008, 04:56 PM
Fields never was going to become a top-notch defender at the hot corner. He just lacks the first step instincts that Crede has. The best we can hope for is that Fields develops his hitting by cutting down on strikeouts, increasing his average, and hitting for even more power; and learns to play first base. Otherwise we're looking at a career DH who might be used by a desperate (or foolish) team to play third.

Adele_H
08-04-2008, 05:40 PM
Fields never was going to become a top-notch defender at the hot corner. He just lacks the first step instincts that Crede has. The best we can hope for is that Fields develops his hitting by cutting down on strikeouts, increasing his average, and hitting for even more power; and learns to play first base. Otherwise we're looking at a career DH who might be used by a desperate (or foolish) team to play third.

I don't pretend to know the future i.e. whether or not Fields will ever become an offensive force in the majors.

Right now.... I'd say his pitch recognition is nothing to right home about and I simply don't trust the should-have-been-fired-in-2003 Greg Walker with the task of facilitating Fields' potential over-achievement.

Agreed about defensive deficiency - while a mediocre fielder at 3B (healthy Blalock, Aramis Ramirez, Chone Figgins, etc) can be tolerated if his offense is good, a bad defensive player like Fields will hurt you over 162 games + playoffs even if he hits 25 HR and slugs .500. More so if your pitching staff are mostly groundball/contact specialists.

That's why I wanted Fields traded as part of the larger package for Doc Halladay all along - not because he didn't have talent but because I've always though he'd be 1B fighting it out with the likes of Jermaine Dye or even Brandon Allen.

all*star quentin
08-04-2008, 06:37 PM
Yeah, Fields' confidence level has got be in the ****s right now. I was calling for the dude to replace Crede before the season started and now look. I'm not giving up on him, but getting sent back down to AAA and injuries have obviously played a role in his struggles. Uribe is performing more than adequately for me as of today.

Maybe Fields' hasn't been eating off someones' feet like BA.
What the **** is going on in the locker room...

kitekrazy
08-04-2008, 08:44 PM
I'm not a big Uribe fan but our defense is weak right now and we need JU's glove...I'm disappointed in the way Fields has looked at third. Yes...I agree we should have traded Fields for a pitcher.

Maybe we assume too much in thinking that Fields has any decent trade value.

october23sp
08-04-2008, 09:43 PM
Maybe Fields' hasn't been eating off someones' feet like BA.
What the **** is going on in the locker room?

That is a damn good question.

ChiSox65
08-05-2008, 01:20 AM
I think it's pretty obvious that since we put Griffey in CF, Uribe has been starting at third to offset the defensive liabilities. Fields will never be a very good defensive 3rd baseman, I've watched him myself at some AAA games.........I'll take my chances with Juan and Jr. over Fields and B.A.

Adele_H
08-05-2008, 02:36 AM

Seems like a safe bet.

I thought Junior would shatter into pieces when he made that dive (a blooper, incidentally, Rowand probably plays on a hop cuz Aaron had difficulty reading line-drives hit at him, but I digress...).

And his running long ways to retrieve that double in LCF in the 5th inning looked all kinds of painful. In fact when it was said that Junior was pulled from the game top of the next inning, I was like **** he done tore up, like, a dozen ligaments and tendons throughout his body... LOL

All's well that ends well, I s'pose. Only 50 some games to go...

Adele_H
08-05-2008, 02:43 AM
With Quentin/Griffey/Dye...we have to have the slowest OF in the majors.

This is going to catch up to us and exacerbate the pitching problems. Extra outs for the other team with balls we can't reach. In close games/close pennant races this kind of defense always catches up with you.

You ain't kidding.

Baseball is all about outs, bases and, ultimately, runs. And, in the words of the late great anon., "aged OF is a bitch".

Ideally, Swisher and Konerko start hitting like they did in 2006, Anderson all of the sudden figures it out at the plate like Crede did in August 2002..... Sox win the World Series.... Then in the off-season trade Konerko..... move Dye to 1st, Swisher to RF and Anderson in CF.

And maybe even keep the more productive one of Griffey/Thome at DH.

TomBradley72
08-05-2008, 09:48 AM
You ain't kidding.

Baseball is all about outs, bases and, ultimately, runs. And, in the words of the late great anon., "aged OF is a bitch".

Ideally, Swisher and Konerko start hitting like they did in 2006, Anderson all of the sudden figures it out at the plate like Crede did in August 2002..... Sox win the World Series.... Then in the off-season trade Konerko..... move Dye to 1st, Swisher to RF and Anderson in CF.

And maybe even keep the more productive one of Griffey/Thome at DH.

Projected over 520 ABs...Anderson this year would deliver .238-21-60....I'd take his defense with that production over Swisher/Griffey in CF any time. One of the worst consequences of letting Rowand go/not re-signing him has not been that Rowand is that great of a player...but that we've witnessed Ozzie going with Mackowiak, Erstad, Swisher and now Griffey in CF. Any offense we've picked up has been given away by what we lose on defense.

Adele_H
08-05-2008, 05:01 PM
Projected over 520 ABs...Anderson this year would deliver .238-21-60....I'd take his defense with that production over Swisher/Griffey in CF any time. One of the worst consequences of letting Rowand go/not re-signing him has not been that Rowand is that great of a player...but that we've witnessed Ozzie going with Mackowiak, Erstad, Swisher and now Griffey in CF. Any offense we've picked up has been given away by what we lose on defense.

Agreed on most points.

However, I'd be really careful when trying to "project" and "extrapolate out"
numbers of a reserve player.

Not that I doubt Anderson's talent..... But while some hitters benefit from playing every day, others see their deficiencies (previously hidden by carefully chosen match-ups) further highlighted and amplified when exposed to the daily spotlight.

At this point Sox really don't know if Anderson can hit .195 as an every day player over full season. So it's hard for KW and Ozzie to stake their jobs in a pennant race. Thus a vicious cycle is created for Bri-Bri.