PDA

View Full Version : Ozzie threatens Royals!

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 09:36 PM
"This time they kicked our asses. But be ready for the warning because I signed a five-year deal with this club, and we're going to play Kansas City a lot. I don't say be careful. They played with fire, and I respect everyone on the pro level. But enough is enough."

"When Teahen bunted up by six runs, I didn't even hit him," Guillen said. "I should. To teach him a lesson how to play baseball. Everybody knew in the dugout, Teahen did the wrong thing."

Rut row Raggy...

chisoxmike
08-03-2008, 09:38 PM
The three game series next week will be interesting at least. :shrug:

SoxGirl4Life
08-03-2008, 09:41 PM
Why is this guy still posting? :scratch:

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2008, 09:42 PM
Why is this guy still posting? :scratch:
He must've been banned from Royalboard again.

That doesn't seem like a major threat, btw.

DickAllen72
08-03-2008, 09:42 PM
I like Ozzie and all but he's got to learn to let his players take care of business on the field instead of talking about it in the media. Now, the umpires will be all over the Sox watching every little thing they do with a jaundiced eye, just looking for something to eject someone over.

Woofer
08-03-2008, 09:45 PM
Everything Ozzie said was A-Ok with me. If this fire is felt by the Sox, and play with some intensity, we will be alright.

Soxman219
08-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Maybe Ozzie's saying we should finally take the Royals seriously? :shrug:

btrain929
08-03-2008, 09:47 PM
I like Ozzie and all but he's got to learn to let his players take care of business on the field instead of talking about it in the media. Now, the umpires will be all over the Sox watching every little thing they do with a jaundiced eye, just looking for something to eject someone over.

I can picture it now: the Tuesday game, 1st of a 3 game set next week, and the ump steps onto the dirt infront of home plate and issues both teams warnings before the 1st pitch is thrown, and Ozzie comes out and goes ballistic.

nevr say dye sox
08-04-2008, 08:54 AM
I have to say after watching the bench clearing, it was probably the worst attempt for a fight. Currasco had an oppurtunity to blast Olivo after he charged the mound and stood there. What was the point of both benches clearing for everybody to stand around and look like cows grazing in the grass. I'm not one to look for a fight, but if I were charged you can be assured that somebody would take a crack. I watched it twice and didn't see anybody throw a punch. Were so bad right now we can't even fight well.

peeonwrigley
08-04-2008, 09:01 AM
I think Ozzie is just trying to take the heat off the players, like he did after the Tampa series.

cws05champ
08-04-2008, 09:01 AM
I have to say after watching the bench clearing, it was probably the worst attempt for a fight. Currasco had an oppurtunity to blast Olivo after he charged the mound and stood there. What was the point of both benches clearing for everybody to stand around and look like cows grazing in the grass. I'm not one to look for a fight, but if I were charged you can be assured that somebody would take a crack. I watched it twice and didn't see anybody throw a punch. Were so bad right now we can't even fight well.
You never know what you will do unless the situation happens, and things happen so fast you may not have the reaction you think you would sitting there and watching the replay. Also, I know he came up and in 2 X in a row but why would Carrasco try and hit him with the bases loaded? If we were going to hit someone on purpose it would have been Teahan bunting up by 6.

Law11
08-04-2008, 10:03 AM
The only thing this does now is make the umps look closer at the situation. The problem is anything inside and tight will be a judgement call. Nothing like taking that away from a pitcher before the game is started.

MB's game is all about pitching inside if he doesnt. he gets lit as evident this weekend. And his rant about bunting is insane. They were up 6-0 in the 5th not 12-0 in the 8th..

And after we came back Sat I cant believe he'd say that the bunt was wrong.
I know he's backing his guys up but sometimes his act gets old.

munchman33
08-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I love Ozzie.

Vestigio
08-04-2008, 10:23 AM
You never know what you will do unless the situation happens, and things happen so fast you may not have the reaction you think you would sitting there and watching the replay. Also, I know he came up and in 2 X in a row but why would Carrasco try and hit him with the bases loaded? If we were going to hit someone on purpose it would have been Teahan bunting up by 6.

***puts on tinfoil hat***

You obviously are a homer. Ozzie's wild emotions took over any reasonal thought he may have had. Despite what you may have seen last Saturday, the Sox cannot comeback from a big deficit

I dont think this "threat" stems from the last series so much. One or two series ago against the Royals, seven Sox batters got HBP, and we didnt even retaliate.

Britt Burns
08-04-2008, 10:27 AM

Ah, the Jerry Manuel approach.

Seriously, I love ozzie but he does need to tone it down just a hair for exactly this reason. The umps are always trigger happy and they will especially be so now, and we can't afford to lose a key player from any game.

Tragg
08-04-2008, 10:37 AM
I like Ozzie and all but he's got to learn to let his players take care of business on the field instead of talking about it in the media. .
I agree.
When Ozzie implies it's somehow "pouring it on" to bunt when up by 6 (suggesting that the game is over, when, of course, it is not),and given that we know that Ozzie orders pitchers to throw at hitters, it is plausible that he could have ordered that....not saying he did but if the "game is over" bases being loaded doesn't matter.

In his first 2 seasons, when things went awry, HE would take the blame....not any more.

Shut up and play ball.

Woofer
08-04-2008, 01:20 PM
I think what Ozzie is mad about is not that the Royals were bunting, but the guy should not be bunting from the 3 spot in the line up. Baseball has some unwritten rules, and bunting from the 3rd spot in the line up is a no-no. Especially when up by 6.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-04-2008, 01:49 PM
I would plunk the first guy that walks into the batter's box the next time they play KC. That would be Aviles. (Can't get him out anyway.)

After the crap they started by throwing at Dye the last time they were in Chicago, the Sox need to send a message.

You do that because the first one who throws gets the warning. The second one gets tossed. I don't want to see any Sox pitcher get tossed, because I think they're throwing at the Sox if they get a chance. They're out of it and the only purpose they have left in the season is to be a bunch of antagonistic gnats.

chaerulez
08-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I'm tired of all this no bunting no stealing crap after you are up by a certain number of runs. The Indians came back from what 10 back against the Mariners a few years ago? Yeah, that's rare but it happens and I wouldn't want my team to blow a lead and lose because they decided to let off because they were up by 6. Ozzie needs to stop crying this is MLB, it's a game without a clock so anything can happen. Ozzie never seems to understand when to throw at someone. Like when he blew up on Sean Tracey even though he should've had Vazquez send the message innings before. You throw at someone because they've started throwing at you. Not because someone tries to bunt.

TDog
08-04-2008, 02:20 PM
The three game series next week will be interesting at least. :shrug:

In late July 1977, the White Sox were in first and had a great series against the Royals in Chicago, although they lost the last game and the Royals were contending. The riding-high Sox showed them up a bit. The fan behavior that made 1977 (through July) so much fun was not at all appreciated by the Royals. In Kansas City, the Royals whipped the Sox butts as part of the August tailspin that sent the team into third place. Even the Kansas City organist got into it. There was no beanball. Just butt-kicking baseball. The Sox woke the Royals up, and they came from third place to win the division over Texas and the White Sox. I don't remember if Whitey Herzog said anytying after the weekend in Chicago, but some of his players did.

If the Royals woke up the Sox this weekend, that isn't a bad thing.

getonbckthr
08-04-2008, 02:20 PM
I think it would be funny if Carrasco was named the starter for tuesdays game.

LoveYourSuit
08-04-2008, 02:22 PM
I wish Ozzie could worry more about the task on hand: WIN SOME DAMN GAMES! This macho crap makes me sick, especially when we have (or had) a team that can do special things in October.

SoxGirl4Life
08-04-2008, 02:24 PM
I think it would be funny if Carrasco was named the starter for tuesdays game.

I was actually thinking that. Have Gavin (or whoever was scheduled) warming up at the same time

LoveYourSuit
08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news?slug=jp-ozziesecret080308&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

Just read this article and the outlook does look like a future Ozzie suspension.

MetroPD
08-04-2008, 08:24 PM
I wish Ozzie could worry more about the task on hand: WIN SOME DAMN GAMES! This macho crap makes me sick, especially when we have (or had) a team that can do special things in October.
I agree. We are being embarrassed out there by a third rate club. Nothing is to be gained from this except more publicity that not only are we getting out cans kicked by a bunch of losers, but also our players can't fight worth a damn either. Its a sorry state of affairs. I kept waiting for BA to do an atomic leg drop or something but apparently he must have a sore stomach from eating off of Dotel's feet.

Frontman
08-04-2008, 08:42 PM
So what if Ozzie said what EVERYONE already knows.

Hope they come out hitting......

the ball that is.