PDA

View Full Version : Contreras Rehab Start (8/3)

DeadMoney
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
The game is still in progress, but here is his line:
5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 0 HR (59 pitches, 39 for strikes)

He gave up all 3 runs in the 1st (and faced 7 batters), then had 3 relatively easy innings.

His first inning that looked like this:
Walk (then stole second)
Walk
Ground Out - Force Out at 2nd
Single (1 run scored)
Walk
Single (2 run scored)
Ground Out - Double Play

After that his next four innings looked like this:
Ground Out, Ground Out, Strike Out
Fly Out, Single, Double Play
Single, Fly Out, Double Play
Strike Out, Strike Out, Strike Out

It looks like he settled in nicely after having some control problems in the first. We really need him down the stretch, so let's hope he comes back and gives us quality innings.

Oh, and Crede didn't play again.

WhiteSoxJunkie
08-03-2008, 08:14 PM
This team needs Contreras to come back soon. Richard is not ready for the big leagues.

JB98
08-03-2008, 09:50 PM
Assuming Jose has nothing but normal soreness tomorrow, I'm sure we'll see him in the Boston series.

He drives me nuts at times, but I still look forward to his return. We all know he is a better pitcher than Clayton Richard.

Adele_H
08-03-2008, 10:08 PM
The game is still in progress, but here is his line:
5.0 IP, 4 H, 3 ER, 3 BB, 4 K, 0 HR (59 pitches, 39 for strikes)

He gave up all 3 runs in the 1st (and faced 7 batters), then had 3 relatively easy innings.

His first inning that looked like this:
Walk (then stole second)
Walk
Ground Out - Force Out at 2nd
Single (1 run scored)
Walk
Single (2 run scored)
Ground Out - Double Play

After that his next four innings looked like this:
Ground Out, Ground Out, Strike Out
Fly Out, Single, Double Play
Single, Fly Out, Double Play
Strike Out, Strike Out, Strike Out

It looks like he settled in nicely after having some control problems in the first. We really need him down the stretch, so let's hope he comes back and gives us quality innings.

Oh, and Crede didn't play again.

EDIT (to the mods): If this should be on the 'Minor Observations' page, I apologize (and please move).

Question #1: Did his fastball pop at 95mph or was it under-90 mph?

Question #2: Did he have pinpoint control of said fastball?

Question #3: Did his forkball have that 2005-early 2006 tumble to it, and did he command it well?

Question #4: Did his drop-down slider have top velocity and late break, or was it just a pre-DL spinner that routinely got tatooed?

Thanks.

LoveYourSuit
08-03-2008, 10:12 PM
JC's 1st inning is symbolic of the bad Jose I am tired of watching.

I will not be holding my breathe when he returns, but I guess he is an upgrade over Richard.... Not saying much.

voodoochile
08-03-2008, 10:37 PM
JC's 1st inning is symbolic of the bad Jose I am tired of watching.

I will not be holding my breathe when he returns, but I guess he is an upgrade over Richard.... Not saying much.

It was his first live action in 3 weeks or whatever, so not surprising he struggled a bit.

Whatever, he's what's happening and he's happening immediately and there ain't no other choices, so cross your fingers cross your toes and get ready to rock...

chisoxmike
08-03-2008, 10:40 PM
It was his first live action in 3 weeks or whatever, so not surprising he struggled a bit.

Whatever, he's what's happening and he's happening immediately and there ain't no other choices, so cross your fingers cross your toes and get ready to rock...

Yeah, he won't be any worse than Richard is. I'd rather have Contreras out there against the Red Sox.. Somethings gotta give.

DeadMoney
08-03-2008, 10:47 PM
Question #1: Did his fastball pop at 95mph or was it under-90 mph?

Question #2: Did he have pinpoint control of said fastball?

Question #3: Did his forkball have that 2005-early 2006 tumble to it, and did he command it well?

Question #4: Did his drop-down slider have top velocity and late break, or was it just a pre-DL spinner that routinely got tatooed?

Thanks.

I have no idea to all of the above ... sorry. I'm just passing along the information after I looked it up on MiLB Gameday.

pczarapa
08-03-2008, 10:54 PM
This team needs Contreras to come back soon. Richard is not ready for the big leagues.

Amen, Richard has some definite upside but just doesn't have the command or confidence for a pennant chase. I think I'd send Logan down to the minors before Richard.

munchman33
08-04-2008, 12:24 AM
Sounds like Jose is pitching like crap. Yet still better than the rest of our starters.

Bring him back now.

EuroSox35
08-06-2008, 02:15 PM
Not sure if this was common knowledge, but according to Farmer last night, Contreras will be starting Sat night against the Red Sox

no comment :x