PDA

View Full Version : Ray Durham's Errors

MattSharp
05-10-2002, 11:01 PM
Ray Durham made his 7th error tonight. He is on pace to have 30+ errors this year. His career high is 19. So despite Durham stealing bases and doing pretty much everything else his defense it struggling a lot. Durham does make a lot of errors as it is, but go figure....

Bucktown
05-10-2002, 11:18 PM
Who was supposed to cover second in the 3rd inning before the flood gates opened?

bjmarte
05-10-2002, 11:45 PM
Originally posted by Bucktown
Who was supposed to cover second in the 3rd inning before the flood gates opened?

:buddylee
Did you say something? I wasn't paying attention.

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 11:56 PM
This is why I'm not a supporter of Ray. Better trade him before he asks for 8-10 mill.

baggio202
05-11-2002, 12:07 AM
Originally posted by Bucktown

that would be clayton...its durham's job to cover first on a bunt...on that play im sure kopnerko would have gotten back to first but when ray sees the guy square around he has to break for 1st in case its bunted to konerko...so clayton has to cover 2nd...he..like everyone else tonight..decided to take the game off

Garrison
05-11-2002, 01:20 AM
Ray has had a live bat but his fielding has suffered, i don't know if as a result, but for some reason. 30+ errors would be way unacceptable, especially for the big bucks he is going to ask for come free agent time. Either make sure he is really worth is or trade him before then. Tony G has done real well and could play if Ray left. Wille Harris anyone?

GASHWOUND
05-11-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
This is why I'm not a supporter of Ray. Better trade him before he asks for 8-10 mill.

If he's gonna be asking for 8-10 mill a year, than that would mean that he's one of the top second baseman in the AL. I'm not trying to stick up for ray really, but he is a talent, even though he has lapses playing D.

FarWestChicago
05-11-2002, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
I'm not trying to stick up for ray really, but he is a talent, even though he has lapses playing D. :buddylee

He's got some serious range!