PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 8/3 "Pitching Crapfest" vs. Royals Postgame Thread

chisoxmike
08-03-2008, 03:58 PM
Lackluster roadtrip. First time out of first place since May 17. Pitching has got major issues...

thomas35forever
08-03-2008, 04:02 PM
I thought about something like this earlier, but why the hell not now? All I can say is I can't wait for the day off tomorrow. Here's to a great homestand and a Twinkies road slide.

rustysurf83
08-03-2008, 04:05 PM
**** the Royals and Greinke, we better kick the **** out of them next time. Hopefully Seattle can actually play a game this year and give the Twins a loss. We better bring it against Detroit because Minny's road trip is not very ****ing scary compared to the quality of opponents we face in the near future.

Corlose 15
08-03-2008, 04:07 PM
This is two series in a row lost to the Royals. The Royals.

The Sox absolutely went to hell after the first two games in Detroit.

turners56
08-03-2008, 04:07 PM
Maybe that fight would of made a difference had we been down by 3 or 4. But we were down by 7. Might as well hope that Gavin acts like a stopper and shuts down the Tigers tomorrow.

Tigers are up in Tampa 5-4. They might come into the Cell with a 5.5 game deficit.

LITTLE NELL
08-03-2008, 04:09 PM
Just pathetic, lost my appetite for Sunday dinner.

soxfanreggie
08-03-2008, 04:14 PM
Luckily Sunday dinner is not for about 2 hours because I am disgusted at how we played on this road trip. I hope Brian is ok with just a few bruises because we need him as a late inning defensive replacement out there.

Highlights...few and far between...AJ's batting, Swish's catch, and Wise's triple.

C'mon Sox...we have to regroup at home. Look at what position the Cubs are in after they temporarily slipped out of first place.

JB98
08-03-2008, 04:15 PM
Hopefully, Contreras does well in Charlotte. I don't need to see anymore of Clayton Richard this year. Even if Contreras is still sore and can't go next Saturday, we have to try somebody else.

WhiteSox5187
08-03-2008, 04:15 PM
An absolutely embarrasing performance. Everyone in the Sox clubhouse ought to be ashamed of themselves right now. Losing two out of three to the ****ing Royals is hard enough but to get just completely humiliated like this is inexcusable. Just inexcusable. Clayton, I hope you enjoy the sights and sounds of Charolotte. We shoulda called up Broadway so at least Richard could have still gone to Bejing. This whole pitching staff is leaking oil three lanes wide. We need EVERYONE to start pitching like they were two months ago. If we keep pitching like this, kiss the playoffs good bye!

Bill Naharodny
08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
This is two series in a row lost to the Royals. The Royals.

The Sox absolutely went to hell after the first two games in Detroit.

Guess who started the third game there?

That's right -- the same guy who broke every bit of momentum this team built the last time they were competitive, in 2006. You got it: Javier Vazquez.

Viva Medias B's
08-03-2008, 04:16 PM
And now Chris Rongey begins his postgame show.

:cower:

thomas35forever
08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
And now Chris Rongey begins his postgame show.

:cower:
My friend, who works in the Score studio, is gonna need all the help he can get dealing with the armpit of Soxdom.

#1swisher
08-03-2008, 04:17 PM
105 days in 1st place. 105 days of complaints by the fans.

chisoxmike
08-03-2008, 04:18 PM

That's right -- the same guy who broke every bit of momentum this team built the last time they were competitive, in 2006. You got it: Javier Vazquez.

Come on now. I am the President of the Javier Vazquez hate club, but this meltdown is on everybody. Vazquez pitched a pretty damn good game on Friday after the Sox **** themselves in the garbage dome.

Viva Medias B's
If I were a buffet table in the visitor's clubhouse at Kaufman Stadium right now, I'd be very afraid.

Corlose 15

Who was also the only one who pitched worth a damn in Kansas City.

QCIASOXFAN
08-03-2008, 04:19 PM
My friend, who works in the Score studio, is gonna need all the help he can get dealing with the armpit of Soxdom.
If there was ever a day for the armpit to come out...

thomas35forever
08-03-2008, 04:20 PM
If I were a buffet table in the visitor's clubhouse at Kaufman Stadium right now, I'd be very afraid.
Reminds me of what Danny Glover said after he did that in Angels in the Outfield:

"One more loss! One more loss which could've been a win! You call yourselves professionals! I have never ever seen a worse group of 25 players! You don't think as a team, you don't play as a team, you don't even lose as a team! You've all got your heads so far up your butts, you can't even see the light of day!"

sox1970

Uribe and Griffey are all over that.

chisoxfanatic
Just pathetic, lost my appetite for Sunday dinner.
I hear you...I'm glad I had a huge brunch at the beginning of this game; because, this one made my stomach churn. How on earth do you let the ROYALS bats pound you two days in a row???

Hopefully Coop will work with them tomorrow. They do not deserve an "off" day after that pathetic road trip that looked pretty promising after the series in Detroit.

sox1970
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM
Tigers are about to lose, so we got that going for us....which is nice.

JB98
08-03-2008, 04:21 PM

KW is on this trip with the team. I can't imagine him taking kindly to this performance.

Bill Naharodny
08-03-2008, 04:22 PM
Come on now. I am the President of the Javier Vazquez hate club, but this meltdown is on everybody. Vazquez pitched a pretty damn good game on Friday after the Sox **** themselves in the garbage dome.

I have no doubt that "Javy" will have at least one good month again before the season ends. His history is 2 good ones and then or two bad ones, because he's a .500 pitching, $10 million guy. Whatever. I'm sure he'll round back into form when we're a few down in the loss column.

FedEx227
08-03-2008, 04:22 PM

Mostly because not many of us were comfortable with this Sox team, couple that with comments about complaints such as: Geez, guys it must suck to be in first place, we're still in first place, etc. Well now we aren't... so can we actually acknowledge some of our glaring problems?

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2008, 04:23 PM
KW is on this trip with the team. I can't imagine him taking kindly to this performance.
I know he was in Minnesota for the trade deadline; but, he continued with them to KC? I bet there's gonna be a serious lashing on their plane ride home. I wouldn't wanna be near that plane.

Frater Perdurabo
08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
I think they need to do 100 push-ups and 100 squat-thrusts for every run they gave up.

WhiteSox5187
08-03-2008, 04:24 PM
Mostly because not many of us were comfortable with this Sox team, couple that with comments about complaints such as: Geez, guys it must suck to be in first place, we're still in first place, etc. Well now we aren't... so can we actually acknowledge some of our glaring problems?
You pants pissing dark cloud! This team is the greatest team since the '27 Yankees!

WhiteSox5187
08-03-2008, 04:25 PM
I think they need to do 100 push-ups and 100 squat-thrusts for every run they gave up.
That would kill Uribe. We have enough guys on the DL, we certainly don't need one, well, dead.

Viva Medias B's
08-03-2008, 04:25 PM

:wanne
"Uh, oh."

sox1970
08-03-2008, 04:27 PM
Tigers are under .500.

turners56
Tigers lose. Rodney WALKS in the winning run in the 10th. Rays only had one hit in the entire inning.

Cuck the Fubs
Brutal, brutal road trip.

The pitching staff looked very ragged.......It's overwith now.

They need to get it together & regroup and have a steallar homestand, or we may be in danger of throwing away the division.

Frater Perdurabo
That would kill Uribe. We have enough guys on the DL, we certainly don't need one, well, dead.

Well, at least it would make some of them vomit. That's what I feel like doing right now.

MarySwiss

WELL, GOOD! Nor should he. However...

You built this team, Kenny. Deal with the flaws and, let's hope, fix them.

Meanwhile, my Cub fan spouse, who defines fair-weather fan--just cranked up the sound from ****ing Wrigley ****ing Field singing ****ing "Go, Cubs, Go."

I went into the living room and informed him that unless he turned that off immediately, I would kick in the big screen TV.

He got the message.

LITTLE NELL
08-03-2008, 04:28 PM
Your attendance record is great, we need you to go to more games. Can you pitch?

HangWiffum
08-03-2008, 04:30 PM
I'm not gonna say the season is over but this team has been playing worse and worse. We have not rock bottom yet.

wealz07
08-03-2008, 04:32 PM
I have no doubt that "Javy" will have at least one good month again before the season ends. His history is 2 good ones and then or two bad ones, because he's a .500 pitching, $10 million guy. Whatever. I'm sure he'll round back into form when we're a few down in the loss column.

Buehrle deserves more blame for this trip than Vazquez.

#1swisher

I guess he's welcoming junior. How many other players get/got this royal treatment. way to make your team feel special KW

Viva Medias B's
I'd love to hear Ozzie's postgame comments, though I'd probably overheat WSI's languague filter apparatus if I tried to guess what he said.

TDog
08-03-2008, 04:33 PM
Everything for the Sox springs from the starting pitching. Twice Richard's failures as a starter have been overshadowed by the offense scoring runs. Today, against a pitcher with good stuff, the Sox were five runs down after two innings. I don't know if Richard will ever pitch for the Sox again. I certainly don't need to see him again this season.

It doesn't matter who you are playing. If you don't have starting pitching, you're going to struggle. Friday Vazquez came through with a good start. Saturday, Buehrle didn't have it, and the Sox hitters couldn't come back all the way.

I'm hoping Contreras will come back with better stuff when he is activated. The rest couldn't have hurt him. I'm hoping Floyd and Danks will turn in good outings and Buehrle will return to form. The Sox have been struggling because the starters are slumping.

The White Sox are still the team to beat in the AL Central. They have been in first since they overtook the team-to-beat Indians on May 17, but falling out of first by half a game while the Twins were at home beating a gutted Indians team starting Matt Ginter.

It's a long season, and I'm expecting the Sox starters, less Richard, to be the reason the Sox finish on top.

Sockinchisox
08-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Contreras pitching like crap in the 1st, 3 walks and 3 ER already.

SoxGirl4Life
08-03-2008, 04:36 PM
Well good, now we have the Twins right where we want them. The pressure is on them to keep winning. At least that's the philiosophy we should have according to Justin Morneau. So, now lets see how this goes.

Blueprint1
08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Richard sucked today. Richard was behind every single batter he faced. You are not going to win many games when you are pitching from behind. The starting pitching as a whole has been awful lately. The hitting is the same as it has been all year long.

Viva Medias B's
08-03-2008, 04:37 PM
Caller to Rongey's show just said he hopes Sox finish better than third! Rongey sounds like he's ready to put a pistol in his mouth talking to that moron.

:chickenlittle

LITTLE NELL
08-03-2008, 04:38 PM
Buehrle deserves more blame for this trip than Vazquez.
KW deserves some blame for not getting some pitching, instead we get a 39 year old guy who cant play CF.
This team played best when Anderson was in CF and Swish was at 1B and Konerko was hurt.
The team has enough hitting to keep BA in CF.
What we dont have is enough pitching.

SoxGirl4Life
Caller to Rongey's show just said he hopes Sox finish better than third!

And every pitcher in the bullpen should have pitched an inning. Oh man, he's a winner..

naprvllesoxfan
I can't believe how pathetic we looked this week. What happened to our pitching? And I much as I like Jr. I wish we would have gotten some pitching before the trade deadline.
And as if my day couldnt get any worse, my husband ....(I sinned...I married a Cub fan)... is telling me how great the cubs are doing and singing Ramierez's praises, and he has Liriano on his fantasy team so he is happy about the twinkies winning. I am only letting him do this since it is is b-day. I am going to go out to dinner with him. I'm so depressed. Bring on the margarita's!

thomas35forever
08-03-2008, 04:39 PM
Caller to Rongey's show just said he hopes Sox finish better than third! Rongey sounds like he's ready to put a pistol in his mouth talking to that moron.

:chickenlittle
This guy's letting everyone hear it. The first real moron Rongey's had today. Third place, yeah right.

SoxGirl4Life
08-03-2008, 04:40 PM
Ya know what kills me now? This is exactly what we said in May and June when they were losing 2-0, 3-2, 1-0. We were wasting that pitching and now we're wasting this hitting.

Cuck the Fubs
08-03-2008, 04:41 PM
And every pitcher in the bullpen should have pitched an inning. Oh man, he's a winner..

Well, if you're going to play like a little league team, you may as well follow the same rules. :tongue:

Blueprint1
08-03-2008, 04:43 PM
Ya know what kills me now? This is exactly what we said in May and June when they were losing 2-0, 3-2, 1-0. We were wasting that pitching and now we're wasting this hitting.

What hitting? We scored four runs? We are not pitching and still not hitting. We have a difficult home stretch coming up now. We have Boston and Detroit in our place. We have to win both series.

HangWiffum
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
C'mon guys stop worrying. All is well. No need to be concerned cause we're in first....

Oh WAIT!

SoxGirl4Life
08-03-2008, 04:45 PM
What hitting? We scored four runs? We are not pitching and still not hitting. We have a difficult home stretch coming up now. We have Boston and Detroit in our place. We have to win both series.

We scored 7 yesterday. and 4 runs would have won alot of those games in May.

MarySwiss
08-03-2008, 04:47 PM
I just can't take this anymore. I'm heading over to the Parking Lot's "mac and cheese" thread. I need comfort food!:smile:

It's Time
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Starting/relief pitching>>> Griffey JR.

I'm still shaking my head at this move. KW can't see the pitching staff has imploded for over a month now?

PatK
08-03-2008, 04:48 PM
Relax guys, this is part of the Sox plan of luring the rest of the teams into a false sense of security.

Blueprint1
08-03-2008, 04:51 PM
1)Were still in first place
2) The Twins are not that good
3) The Tigers are the team we should be watching.

This is all not true now.

Soxman219
08-03-2008, 04:52 PM
That road trip was and embrassment. We had the lead four times this road trip and choked them away. I knew this would happen when earlier in the season when we had quality games from our pitchers and still lost. We better destroy the Royals when their come to town. Now the damn Twins are in first. We need to turn this around this homestand.

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Quite a series, eh?

sox1970
08-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Cowley:
Crew chief Gary Cederstrom apologized to the Sox after the game for throwing Carrasco out. They watched video and admitted they were wrong.

The Immigrant
08-03-2008, 04:56 PM
Quite a series, eh?

You know, people tolerate your trolling because we take pity on anyone unfortunate enough to root for the Royals.

SoxGirl4Life
08-03-2008, 04:57 PM
You know, people tolerate your trolling because we take pity on anyone unfortunate enough to root for the Royals.

I lost patience with him a while ago. At first, he was ok, like Oblong. But now, he's treading Timberwolf territory.

October26
08-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Cowley:
Crew chief Gary Cederstrom apologized to the Sox after the game for throwing Carrasco out. They watched video and admitted they were wrong.

Interesting.

SoxGirl4Life
08-03-2008, 04:58 PM
Cowley:

Are they gonna resume the game after that point? Give me a break.

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 04:59 PM

Trolling? Is that why I didn't make one single post in the GDT?

Optipessimism
08-03-2008, 05:03 PM
I lost patience with him a while ago. At first, he was ok, like Oblong. But now, he's treading Timberwolf territory.
I don't think he's anywhere near that bad. Personally, I don't care. The Sox were the better team here and they lost it. If a Royals fan is happy that the Sox gave a series away, what's wrong with that?

I like having fans of other teams here. It makes for a more diverse atmosphere, plus they can be great to have if we don't know much about a certain player we're facing.

Back to the thread though, clearly Clayton Richard doesn't have the necessary confidence to get it done in the Majors yet. I actually agree with Hawk this time though. Richard will play in the Big Leagues, and he'll do pretty well for himself, but it just isn't going to be this year and it probably won't be with the Sox either. I expect him to be trade bait over the offseason.

SoxSpeed22
08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
This road trip could not end soon enough. The pitching really got smacked around and the trip was very disappointing after taking the first 2 in Detroit. Time for some home cooking.

Optipessimism
08-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Trolling? Is that why I didn't make one single post in the GDT?
I don't think you're a troll, if that counts for anything.

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 05:10 PM
I don't think you're a troll, if that counts for anything.

http://www.kcsr.org/images/smiles/3631luvu.gif

October26
08-03-2008, 05:10 PM
Back to the thread though, clearly Clayton Richard doesn't have the necessary confidence to get it done in the Majors yet. I actually agree with Hawk this time though. Richard will play in the Big Leagues, and he'll do pretty well for himself, but it just isn't going to be this year and it probably won't be with the Sox either. I expect him to be trade bait over the offseason.

As disappointed as I am with today's Sox loss, I will not give up on Clayton Richard just yet. I agree with you that he is not major league ready, but I have seen Richard pitch in person and he was effective against left-handed hitters.

Today, I saw Richard fall behind in the count against the Royals and they just killed him. Do we really have that much pitching talent in the minor leagues to think about using Richard as trade bait? Also, last year I saw John Danks get hit hard and Cooper turned him around in the off-season. I'd like to think that maybe the same thing can happen with Richard.

SoxSpeed22
08-03-2008, 05:14 PM
With Richard, he gave up a bad inning when he kept falling behind and hanging pitches. The main problem was, when things got bad, they quickly became worse. There are plenty of young pitchers who have had that problem. Unfortunately this results in us falling out of first place.

wealz07
08-03-2008, 05:15 PM
Starting/relief pitching>>> Griffey JR.

I'm still shaking my head at this move. KW can't see the pitching staff has imploded for over a month now?

Randy Wolfe would be better than Richard, but really no one added pitching and when you don't have any prospects it's impossible to deal. The Griffey trade was Williams basically saying "who is the best player I can get for *nothing* regardless of position?" Griffey was the answer.

The important thing now is for the Sox to realize that the only possibility of that trade helping them is to move Griffey to first. No it's not ideal to have a player learn a position in a pennant race, but if you were a Gold Glove CF'er like Griffey was you have to believe he can do an adequate job at first. My lineup (v. rh) would be:

2B Ramirez
C AJP
LF Quentin
DH Thome
RF Dye
1B Griffey
CF Swisher
3B Crede
SS Cabrerra

Simply put they're going to have to overpower teams in the 30 home games they have left and I think that lineup gives them the best chance.

spiffie
08-03-2008, 05:23 PM
1)Were still in first place
2) The Twins are not that good
3) The Tigers are the team we should be watching.

This is all not true now.
Actually #2 is still true. #1 is a minor hiccup that sometimes happens in the middle of a pennant race. We'll be back in first before the Red Sox come to town.

#2 is accurate. They suck, they are perpetual losers, and they will not win on the road.

#3 is untrue because the Tigers are a ****ty sub-.500 team. They don't matter except that we need to beat them when we play them.

This whole thread is a ****ing embarassment, and proof that the internet should require a license to operate. A whole thread full of pants-pissing spineless gutless ****ing cowards who should all burn every thing they own with the Sox logo on it because they are embarassments to the word "fan" and deserve nothing but disdain and anger from those fans who actually have a little bit of fortitude.

Optipessimism
08-03-2008, 05:35 PM
As disappointed as I am with today's Sox loss, I will not give up on Clayton Richard just yet. I agree with you that he is not major league ready, but I have seen Richard pitch in person and he was effective against left-handed hitters.

Today, I saw Richard fall behind in the count against the Royals and they just killed him. Do we really have that much pitching talent in the minor leagues to think about using Richard as trade bait? Also, last year I saw John Danks get hit hard and Cooper turned him around in the off-season. I'd like to think that maybe the same thing can happen with Richard.
The difference though is that Richard doesn't have the type of secondary stuff that Danks has. With Danks it was more or less a matter of time. With Richard, I think he'll have a Major League career but he's not the type of guy a high payroll team like the Sox would ideally want to slot in their rotation. He could do the job in the future, but I expect the Sox to trade Contreras after this year and either add a FA or trade for another project with a higher ceiling.

Law11
08-03-2008, 05:36 PM
What .5 out of first.. ?!!
:gah::gah:

Season's over...

CMPDragRacing
08-03-2008, 05:37 PM
07-31-2008, 10:18 PM
CMPDragRacing

i forsee the sox in 2nd place by the weekend.

i hate it when im right. specially when its about the sox and loosing. im going on tuesday and they sure as hell better win.

JB98
08-03-2008, 05:46 PM
Your attendance record is great, we need you to go to more games. Can you pitch?

Unfortunately, no. Even when I was a young lad, I could not pitch worth a damn. I could not hit worth a damn either. I was a pretty good outfielder though.

When I met Ozzie, I told him that I have a pretty good attendance record. He encouraged me to attend more games.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-03-2008, 05:51 PM
Clayton Richard sure blew his chances. He got the opportunity to start three times and he couldn't get out of the fifth in any of them. Too bad they had to rush him the majors when he wasn't ready.

Today, he's probably thinking he could have been a national hero if he had a chance to pitch in the Olympics--if only he wasn't called up.

JB98
08-03-2008, 05:52 PM

Nonsense. The Sox have given up five or more runs in 18 of their last 22 games. Somehow, they've still managed to win 10 games in that stretch. It certainly wasn't because of great pitching.

In addition, they have lost games by the scores of 12-11, 8-7, 10-6 and 9-7 during that stretch. None of that has to do with "not hitting."

The offense has had exactly two bad games on the entire trip: Today and the first game in Minnesota. As for the pitchers, everyone sucked except for Floyd and Jenks.

Blueprint1
08-03-2008, 05:54 PM
Nonsense. The Sox have given up five or more runs in 18 of their last 22 games. Somehow, they've still managed to win 10 games in that stretch. It certainly wasn't because of great pitching.

In addition, they have lost games by the scores of 12-11, 8-7, 10-6 and 9-7 during that stretch. None of that has to do with "not hitting."

The offense has had exactly two bad games on the entire trip: Today and the first game in Minnesota. As for the pitchers, everyone sucked except for Floyd and Jenks.

I said the pitching sucked. I just said the hitting is the same as it has been all year hit or miss.

JB98
08-03-2008, 05:57 PM
I said the pitching sucked. I just said the hitting is the same as it has been all year hit or miss.

Hitting is always hit or miss. You run into good pitching, chances are you're going to lose.

The bottom line is the offense produced in eight of 10 games on the trip. That's pretty good. Despite that, we have compiled a record of 4-6. On three occasions, leads of three runs or greater were blown by starting pitchers.

That's not on the hitting. Right now, our offense is significantly better than it was in May.

turners56
08-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Cowley:

Wow, umpires being nice? This is something new.

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-03-2008, 05:59 PM
From the first inning till the last the game stunk like ****....

Terrible preformance from the good guys against the ***ROYALS*** Im at a loss for words...finally none of you can say "At least we are in first place"....

turners56
08-03-2008, 06:00 PM

I think the definition of trolling on this site is overly exaggerated.

kevingrt
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Hitting is always hit or miss. You run into good pitching, chances are you're going to lose.

The bottom line is the offense produced in eight of 10 games on the trip. That's pretty good. Despite that, we have compiled a record of 4-6. On three occasions, leads of three runs or greater were blown by starting pitchers.

That's not on the hitting. Right now, our offense is significantly better than it was in May.

Very true. Our hitting has improved. Our pitching has gotten way worse though.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-03-2008, 06:12 PM
Actually #2 is still true. #1 is a minor hiccup that sometimes happens in the middle of a pennant race. We'll be back in first before the Red Sox come to town.

#2 is accurate. They suck, they are perpetual losers, and they will not win on the road.

#3 is untrue because the Tigers are a ****ty sub-.500 team. They don't matter except that we need to beat them when we play them.

This whole thread is a ****ing embarassment, and proof that the internet should require a license to operate. A whole thread full of pants-pissing spineless gutless ****ing cowards who should all burn every thing they own with the Sox logo on it because they are embarassments to the word "fan" and deserve nothing but disdain and anger from those fans who actually have a little bit of fortitude.

Good post. As bad as this game (and road trip) have been, Throwing in the towel when we're a half game out is a bit much.

Vienna
08-03-2008, 06:25 PM
38 hits over to games to the Royals?!? C'mon. Pitching and defense need to get it together.

On to an off day and some home cooking.

spiffie
08-03-2008, 06:25 PM
From the first inning till the last the game stunk like ****....

Terrible preformance from the good guys against the ***ROYALS*** Im at a loss for words...finally none of you can say "At least we are in first place"....
You seem so ****ing happy that the Sox are in second place now. If they should somehow fall into third will you ****ing throw a party to celebrate?

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-03-2008, 06:26 PM
Good post. As bad as this game (and road trip) have been, Throwing in the towel when we're a half game out is a bit much.

haha...give me one plus since the all-star break....

Our pitching has gone to ****...Im not saying Im going to stop watching and/or attending games but for christs sake...get real people...our starters/bullpen have done a tailspin and it sure as **** does not look like we are in any shape to correct our angle any time soon....

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-03-2008, 06:27 PM
You seem so ****ing happy that the Sox are in second place now. If they should somehow fall into third will you ****ing throw a party to celebrate?

Its called being realistic...Ill say it again...give me one plus since the all-star break....

Frater Perdurabo
08-03-2008, 06:31 PM
Wow, umpires being nice? This is something new.

I'd prefer that they just all call the rulebook strike zone.

Jollyroger2
08-03-2008, 06:33 PM

I don't think anyone's throwing in a towel cause we're a half game out. The disturbing points are the trends. We're getting shelled by everybody. What was that stat the KC announcers threw out? That in their last 7 games vs. the Sox they're hitting like .320 against and have scored close to 50 runs? That's completely unacceptable. I could maybe understand Texas shelling us....but Kansas City? We've got Detroit and Boston coming in and people are assuming everything will be fine cause we're home...but not the way the pitching's going.

Someone in this thread suggested KW do some serious blasting on the flight home. They need it. They not only looked like uninterested slackers for most of the Minnesota and KC leg of the trip...but they look like pushovers too. Looked totally intimidated in the Metrodome and then aside from Friday they looked like a bad AAA team in KC. Enough is enough.

And while he's doing blasting, KW can fire a little at himself. The pitching's been a shambles for way too long and the best we can do at the deadline is an over-the-hill center fielder?

The koolaid drinkers can ignore it but this team is in trouble if the pitching doesn't do a 180 degree turn like this week.

getonbckthr
08-03-2008, 06:36 PM
So after KC reached 12 I decided t watch "Batman Begins" for the 1st time. I have since calmed down and relaxed. I will say however, "Clayton Richard go **** yourself."

alohafri
08-03-2008, 06:38 PM
Tigers lose. Rodney WALKS in the winning run in the 10th. Rays only had one hit in the entire inning.

Wouldn't he have walked in the winning run last Sunday if our hitters didn't swing at pitches WAY out of the strike zone?

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Thank god for Criss Angel Mindfreak on A & E...Did anyone see him walking on water? Unreal!

Why is it that, after ONE error, the floodgates seem to not just open, but completely break off the hinges? This pitching staff has to be at an all-time low point psychologically. I bet this game would've been much different if Richard would've been able to work over his personally-induced error, giving up only three runs in that inning. When the lead increased to five, I knew it was over.

alohafri
08-03-2008, 06:44 PM
This guy's letting everyone hear it. The first real moron Rongey's had today. Third place, yeah right.

Have you been watching our pitching lately? Everyone's ERA is climbing, batting averages are dropping, we are coming off a 4-6 road trip against the Central Division. To think that this is out of the question is being foolish!

Vernam
08-03-2008, 06:46 PM
Good post. As bad as this game (and road trip) have been, Throwing in the towel when we're a half game out is a bit much.Hey, half the people are ready to throw in the towel when we're in first place, so of course they're ready to give up when we're .5 back!

Not much to say about this game, but it's the first time Richard looked completely overmatched. Still, if only he'd made that throw to AJ when Olivo made his bonehead dash for home . . . Who knows, Richard might've settled down enough to keep us in it. But as it is, he probably wrecked his chance of getting a bullpen slot when Jose comes back. The kid needs some snap on his breaking pitches.

That must've been a downer of a flight from KC to Chicago. Hopefully the day off, Griffey's USCF debut, and a loud home crowd will be a lift on Tuesday. Let's kick some Tiger ass to warm up for a weekend sweep of Boston.

Vernam

alohafri
08-03-2008, 06:54 PM
Hey, half the people are ready to throw in the towel when we're in first place, so of course they're ready to give up when we're .5 back!

Vernam

I guess there is no middle ground here. We are either going to win the World Series or we are finishing in last place. I think the point is here is that the holes in this White Sox team are finally showing themselves. We have very little team speed, the pitching staff has gone into hiding, the hitters think they are playing in a beer-league softball team. Instead of trying to do something to help the bullpen, Kenny gets an aging superstar who can't play centerfield anymore, so the outfield is being patrolled by three corner guys. I wouldn't want to bet my future on our first basemen getting 4 hits in a week. This team has holes, many more holes than some people are willing to admit. If these holes aren't plugged somehow, sometime soon, then a third place finish is not out of the question.

sox1970
08-03-2008, 06:55 PM
I guess there is no middle ground here. We are either going to win the World Series or we are finishing in last place. I think the point is here is that the holes in this White Sox team are finally showing themselves. We have very little team speed, the pitching staff has gone into hiding, the hitters think they are playing in a beer-league softball team. Instead of trying to do something to help the bullpen, Kenny gets an aging superstar who can't play centerfield anymore, so the outfield is being patrolled by three corner guys. I wouldn't want to bet my future on our first basemen getting 4 hits in a week. This team has holes, many more holes than some people are willing to admit. If these holes aren't plugged somehow, sometime soon, then a third place finish is not out of the question.

:yup:

Jollyroger2
08-03-2008, 06:58 PM

Not only that, but many people have conveniently forgotten or blocked out that we once, (and not too long ago) had a 6 1/2 game lead that is long gone.

Like I said, it's the trends. It's not like we lost some tough, well-played ballgames on this trip. We're getting our butts kicked and looking terrible.

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 06:58 PM
Looked like Olivo hit A.J. pretty good...

http://kansascity.royals.mlb.com/media/video.jsp?mid=200808033248567&c_id=kc

rocky biddle
08-03-2008, 07:03 PM
I was out all day and only caught a few innings at a restaurant, and it was kinda hard to see the tv. I did see the fight, but the sound was down. I can imagine what Hawk was saying. How bad was it?

And what was Ozzie so hot about? I'm assuming it had to do with the Carrasco ejection?

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 07:05 PM
I was out all day and only caught a few innings at a restaurant, and it was kinda hard to see the tv. I did see the fight, but the sound was down. I can imagine what Hawk was saying. How bad was it?

And what was Ozzie so hot about? I'm assuming it had to do with the Carrasco ejection?
Video link above. And yes Ozzie was pissed because Carrasco only hit one guy...

chisoxmike
08-03-2008, 07:09 PM

Summed up pretty perfectly.

RockJock07
08-03-2008, 07:17 PM
Bad, bad game, Today was just completely frustrating as a fan. I don't understand why they needed to rush Clayton Richard to the majors. If Lance Broadway isn't ready by now, what the hell are they doing down there?

IMO bring Lance up now, this team needs pitching and it's all hands on deck.

Daver
08-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Bad, bad game, Today was just completely frustrating as a fan. I don't understand why they needed to rush Clayton Richard to the majors. If Lance Broadway isn't ready by now, what the hell are they doing down there?

IMO bring Lance up now, this team needs pitching and it's all hands on deck.

You need to fix your sig, the trade deadline has come and gone.

rocky biddle
08-03-2008, 07:24 PM
Video link above. And yes Ozzie was pissed because Carrasco only hit one guy...

Thanks for the link. Is there video anywhere from the Sox feed? I'd love to hear Hawk's delightful insights.

Carrasco threw one of the worst "punches" I've ever seen. And why is AJ always getting cheap-shotted?

Bad game, bad series. Hopefully Coop can somehow get this mess straightened out. If not, it was fun while it lasted.

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 07:25 PM
You need to fix your sig, the trade deadline has come and gone.

Joe Crede is gone though...

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 07:26 PM
Thanks for the link. Is there video anywhere from the Sox feed? I'd love to hear Hawk's delightful insights.

Carrasco threw one of the worst "punches" I've ever seen. And why is AJ always getting cheap-shotted?

Bad game, bad series. Hopefully Coop can somehow get this mess straightened out. If not, it was fun while it lasted.
1. MLB.com only shows "highlights" from the home teams feed.
2. Carrasco threw an open hand slap.
3. Nobody likes A.J.

Optipessimism
08-03-2008, 07:41 PM
3. Nobody likes A.J.
AJ knows more about winning than any person on the Royals' team. I defended you before, but watch it. AJ is a god around here, and rightfully so.

Pear-Zin-Ski
08-03-2008, 07:47 PM
I love how everyone hates AJ because he plays heads up, edgey, smart baseball...I guess everyone has to be a silent cupcake to be a league favorite....

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
AJ knows more about winning than any person on the Royals' team. I defended you before, but watch it. AJ is a god around here, and rightfully so.
I'm just saying. It's no secret A.J. is one of the most hated (maybe the most) players in baseball. I don't really have a problem with him, I like controversial athletes who are considered *******s...

FedEx227
08-03-2008, 07:49 PM
I love how everyone hates AJ because he plays heads up, edgey, smart baseball...I guess everyone has to be a silent cupcake to be a league favorite....

He needs to dive into more stands. That's the key. Diving, running into walls and getting bloody.

Vernam
08-03-2008, 07:54 PM
Not only that, but many people have conveniently forgotten or blocked out that we once, (and not too long ago) had a 6 1/2 game lead that is long gone.

Like I said, it's the trends. It's not like we lost some tough, well-played ballgames on this trip. We're getting our butts kicked and looking terrible.I'm not saying you're wrong, but I must admit I was way more upset back in May when we were wasting so many well-pitched games and our offense was terrible. We all knew that such pitching -- starters and bullpen alike -- was not going to continue forever. The offense eventually came around enough to build up that 6.5 game lead before our pitching came down to earth. It's now a legitimate question whether guys like Buehrle and Vazquez can perform as needed. In terms of trends, the inconsistency of those two guys is the number one concern, IMO. Even more than the 'pen, which is saying something these days.

For various reasons including injuries and general fatigue, a lot of teams hit a rut this time of year. The Sox have made an annual habit of it, even in 2005. I don't blame anyone for doubting whether they can finish strong this year. I wonder about it myself. Can we win with two key hitters well below .250? Can Contreras (or anyone else on the staff) pitch at a level close to how he started the season? Those are also legit questions.

But what gets tedious is the people who claim some mystic certainty that it's destined to end poorly. Simple probability means those people will be right more often than the optimists will be. The nature of a message board like this is that people are prone to making pronouncements that they then either have to eat or justify. So claiming we're doomed is the easy way out, IMO. It's no less mindless than claiming "all is well" when all clearly is not.

If we end up in third place, that won't convince me that I was wrong not to bail on the team in (pick a month) April, May, June, July, or August. Being able to say "I told you so" doesn't mean as much to me as does enjoying a great pennant race, which hopefully is what we have ahead of us. Going into the season, that's more than most of us were counting on. If, in the meantime, anyone started to count on something more, well, the baseball gods have their way of dealing with that. :wink:

Vernam

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 08:00 PM
I'm just saying. It's no secret A.J. is one of the most hated (maybe the most) players in baseball. I don't really have a problem with him, I like controversial athletes who are considered *******s...
Hmmmm............................................. .............................
A May 2006 issue of Sports Illustrated featured a survey taken among 470 baseball players about what player they would most like to see get beaned. Pierzynski received eighteen percent of the vote, higher than any other player. Forty-two percent of those surveyed in the AL Central Division (which the White Sox play in) voted for Pierzynski.

Vernam
08-03-2008, 08:12 PM
Hmmmm............................................. .............................Who was it, claiming WSI is too strict on trolls?! :dtroll:

(For the record, that's the first time I ever used that emoticon. :cool:)

Vernam

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 08:20 PM
Who was it, claiming WSI is too strict on trolls?! :dtroll:

(For the record, that's the first time I ever used that emoticon. :cool:)

Vernam
I didn't complain that WSI is too strict on trolls, I complained that I got banned for 5 months for saying...
He's coming to KC this off-season and will split time with Butler at first and DH.
If posting factual information/popular opinion makes me a troll, then I guess I are one.

cheezheadsoxfan
08-03-2008, 08:23 PM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I must admit I was way more upset back in May when we were wasting so many well-pitched games and our offense was terrible. We all knew that such pitching -- starters and bullpen alike -- was not going to continue forever. The offense eventually came around enough to build up that 6.5 game lead before our pitching came down to earth. It's now a legitimate question whether guys like Buehrle and Vazquez can perform as needed. In terms of trends, the inconsistency of those two guys is the number one concern, IMO. Even more than the 'pen, which is saying something these days.

For various reasons including injuries and general fatigue, a lot of teams hit a rut this time of year. The Sox have made an annual habit of it, even in 2005. I don't blame anyone for doubting whether they can finish strong this year. I wonder about it myself. Can we win with two key hitters well below .250? Can Contreras (or anyone else on the staff) pitch at a level close to how he started the season? Those are also legit questions.

But what gets tedious is the people who claim some mystic certainty that it's destined to end poorly. Simple probability means those people will be right more often than the optimists will be. The nature of a message board like this is that people are prone to making pronouncements that they then either have to eat or justify. So claiming we're doomed is the easy way out, IMO. It's no less mindless than claiming "all is well" when all clearly is not.

If we end up in third place, that won't convince me that I was wrong not to bail on the team in (pick a month) April, May, June, July, or August. Being able to say "I told you so" doesn't mean as much to me as does enjoying a great pennant race, which hopefully is what we have ahead of us. Going into the season, that's more than most of us were counting on. If, in the meantime, anyone started to count on something more, well, the baseball gods have their way of dealing with that. :wink:

Vernam

Thank you for putting it better than I was able to.

rocky biddle
08-03-2008, 08:56 PM
3. Nobody likes A.J.

1- Thank you. I was hoping that ESPN or Yahoo or maybe even youtube had a clip from the Sox feed. Clips from the Sox/Cubs fight were on youtube about 5 minutes after it ended.
2- I understand what he did. That's why I called it a "punch". I was joking around. And it wasn't really a slap. It was more of a light tap on the back of the neck. Kinda like Carrasco said to himself, "I know I should do something here, but I don't really wanna be a giant bitch and hit this guy while he's being held, so I'll just lightly smack him."
3- It was a rhetorical question. I know why people continually throw cheap shots at AJ. I guess the league's apparent disdain for AJ somehow justifies sucker-punching him.

Shouldn't you be out somewhere celebrating? I mean, you guys just won your world series. :wink:

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 09:09 PM
1- Thank you. I was hoping that ESPN or Yahoo or maybe even youtube had a clip from the Sox feed. Clips from the Sox/Cubs fight were on youtube about 5 minutes after it ended.
2- I understand what he did. That's why I called it a "punch". I was joking around. And it wasn't really a slap. It was more of a light tap on the back of the neck. Kinda like Carrasco said to himself, "I know I should do something here, but I don't really wanna be a giant bitch and hit this guy while he's being held, so I'll just lightly smack him."
3- It was a rhetorical question. I know why people continually throw cheap shots at AJ. I guess the league's apparent disdain for AJ somehow justifies sucker-punching him.

Shouldn't you be out somewhere celebrating? I mean, you guys just won your world series. :wink:
1. Cubs/White Sox>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Royals/White Sox :redneck
2. I think he was going to hit Olivo, but then Olivos head went down, so he didn't.
3. I know, but it's not like the Sox as an organization haven't bought into the dislike for A.J., I mean "Punch A.J.", come on now.

And, we've taken the last 2 series from you guys, so I'm getting used to it... :cool:

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2008, 09:16 PM
And, we've taken the last 2 series from you guys, so I'm getting used to it... :cool:
And we still lead the season series, so what's your point???

Vernam
08-03-2008, 09:20 PM
And, we've taken the last 2 series from you guys, so I'm getting used to it... :cool:Sounds like you shouldn't get too used to posting here, though. Enjoy the rest of your small-market season. Or make that "century."

Vernam

High Mileage
08-03-2008, 09:22 PM
Trolling=facts? OKIE DOKIE.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-03-2008, 10:44 PM
Trolling=facts? OKIE DOKIE.

I don't think High Mileage is going to get any more mileage around here.

Nellie_Fox
08-04-2008, 01:41 AM
Trolling=facts? OKIE DOKIE.No, coming on the board of the other team and crowing about getting used to beating them = trolling. I'm only sorry I wasn't the one to whack you.

Adele_H
08-04-2008, 02:42 AM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but I must admit I was way more upset back in May when we were wasting so many well-pitched games and our offense was terrible. We all knew that such pitching -- starters and bullpen alike -- was not going to continue forever. The offense eventually came around enough to build up that 6.5 game lead before our pitching came down to earth. It's now a legitimate question whether guys like Buehrle and Vazquez can perform as needed. In terms of trends, the inconsistency of those two guys is the number one concern, IMO. Even more than the 'pen, which is saying something these days.

Vernam

Hell yeah.

(Quoth Chicken Largo: "The Sky is Rising...")

Baseball gods or not, I for one thought this team could win ALC, and I'll be damned if I let the dreaded dead-arm days of summer ruin the season for me: 2008 White Sox will win the division by 5 games.

(By 10 if Ozzie is fired..... Ok, ok I keed :smile:)

downstairs
08-04-2008, 08:05 AM

Well, considering we're now OUT of first place... couldn't some of those complaints be correct?

palehozenychicty
08-04-2008, 08:19 AM
KW deserves some blame for not getting some pitching, instead we get a 39 year old guy who cant play CF.
This team played best when Anderson was in CF and Swish was at 1B and Konerko was hurt.
The team has enough hitting to keep BA in CF.
What we dont have is enough pitching.

Thank you. I love Griffey and all, but he doesn't really fit a need for this team. Yet another slow, unathletic player clogging the bases.

With the waiver wire in August, a reliever at least must be a priority.

Nellie_Fox
08-05-2008, 01:42 AM
With the waiver wire in August, a reliever at least must be a priority.I'm starting to sound like a broken record, but seriously, with the way the game is played today, everybody needs relievers. Everybody. Don't hold your breath waiting for a reliever who's worth a damn to clear waivers.