PDA

View Full Version : 8/6 White Sox Batting Practice Roll Call

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2008, 01:44 PM
I was just wondering who else is going to be getting to the ballpark super-early on Wednesday to watch our Sox take batting practice. You can get into the ballpark as early as 3:30.

My flight from St. Louis gets in at 3, so I'll try to quickly get changed at home and get to the ballpark by 3:45/4ish.

If you're a season ticket holder who has no awareness as to an invitation to this event, check your My White Sox Account. I got no official email or snail mail regarding this. I wouldn't have known about it if it weren't for my checking my online account.

I've never watched the Sox take batting practice before, so this is gonna be fun! I plan on spending some of the time on the Fan Deck.

Viva Medias B's
08-03-2008, 03:56 PM
I was just wondering who else is going to be getting to the ballpark super-early on Wednesday to watch our Sox take batting practice. You can get into the ballpark as early as 3:30.

How? Don't the gates open at 5:30 for 7:11 games?

chisoxfanatic
08-03-2008, 03:59 PM
How? Don't the gates open at 5:30 for 7:11 games?
This is a season ticket holder event to see the Sox take batting practice. In order to see the Sox take BP, you'd have to be let in much before 5:30 anyhow. In order to get in, you must not only have a game ticket, but a Sox BP pass, which allows you access to the entire outfield area.

I was given the option between this Wednesday, as well as the Tuesday, September 9th game against Toronto, and I chose the 8/6 game, since I'm still on summer break.

Jerko
08-03-2008, 04:00 PM
i thought that was September 6?

DumpJerry
08-03-2008, 04:02 PM
Not all season ticket holders are offered the same dates. It's like Grinder Bash, they stagger the dates.

sox1970
08-06-2008, 02:02 PM
BP canceled tonight.

Bruizer
08-06-2008, 03:49 PM
BP canceled tonight.

Confirmed. I got a call from my rep. Oh well, it's worth missing for that win earlier this morning! :cool:

Bru

tonyho7476
08-06-2008, 04:14 PM
Here is the e-mail I got:

Dear Season Ticket Holder,

Due to the length of last night’s 14-inning victory the team will not be taking batting practice today, thus causing the early entry for batting practice that was scheduled for today to be canceled. We apologize for the inconvenience. Hit and Run Plans can still register for September 9 vs TOR, and Fulls can still register for September 6 vs LAA, and September 9 vs TOR.

Sincerely
Chicago White Sox

Chicago White Sox
333 W. 35th Street
Chicago, IL 60616

CMPDragRacing
08-06-2008, 04:51 PM
ok i have a question on this. obviously its for season tix holders but does it apply to all the plans including the 13 game ozzie plans and that weekend plan thing? just wondering as im planning on doing one of the smaller tix plans for next season.

tonyho7476
08-06-2008, 05:01 PM
ok i have a question on this. obviously its for season tix holders but does it apply to all the plans including the 13 game ozzie plans and that weekend plan thing? just wondering as im planning on doing one of the smaller tix plans for next season.

You would have gotten an e-mail if it applied to you....so I'm guessing it doesn't.

chisoxfanatic
08-06-2008, 06:13 PM
I'm kind of bummed out that they canceled this BP, because I really was looking forward to it. At least they said we can still sign up to go to the other game in our plan that was scheduled. For Hit & Runners, that happens to be the game on Tuesday, September 9th against Toronto. The game happens to be Blackhawks Night as well, meaning that night will be jam-packed with fun.