PDA

View Full Version : Is Juan Uribe the starting 3B until Crede gets back?

Mohoney
08-03-2008, 01:29 PM
Today is the 3rd game in a row with Juan Uribe starting at 3B. I'm wondering if this is permanent until Joe Crede gets back.

voodoochile
08-03-2008, 01:33 PM
If Fields can't hit consistently there is no point in him playing. His defense simply isn't that good.

Mohoney
08-03-2008, 01:35 PM
If Fields can't hit consistently there is no point in him playing. His defense simply isn't that good.

I guess my real question would be:

If Fields isn't starting, shouldn't he be in Charlotte so we can get more versatility out of his bench spot?

voodoochile
08-03-2008, 01:38 PM
I guess my real question would be:

If Fields isn't starting, shouldn't he be in Charlotte so we can get more versatility out of his bench spot?

Who's the backup infiedler if that's the case? Right now, they can move Fields in to 3B and have Uribe move to whatever open position they need covered in an emergency. Someone has to fill that role.

Mohoney
08-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Who's the backup infiedler if that's the case? Right now, they can move Fields in to 3B and have Uribe move to whatever open position they need covered in an emergency. Someone has to fill that role.

That's the thing. I don't know who it would be, but ideally, I would like a guy that can play at least 1 more position in addition to 3B to be in that spot.

voodoochile
08-03-2008, 01:54 PM
That's the thing. I don't know who it would be, but ideally, I would like a guy that can play at least 1 more position in addition to 3B to be in that spot.

Well yeah, but that's what Uribe does. Fields only needs to cover third because if the SS or 2B gets hurt, Uribe moves and Fields comes on. If Uribe gets hurt, Fields comes on. It's the same thing just the versatile player is playing due to him being a better defender and Fields not being able to hit for **** this season.

UofCSoxFan
08-03-2008, 01:59 PM
Crede will be back in a few games....I don't understand the point of burning another minor league option in brining up someone else.

Tragg
08-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Better pitch well. Uribe's O for a 3rd baseman is really bad.
He's had 8 years to prove he can't hit. A week long hot streak or good spring training doesn't change the reality