PDA

View Full Version : The Big Hurt in Maxim

Region Rat
08-03-2008, 11:14 AM
If you get a chance to check out the new (oct 08) Maxim theres a good little articale in there on Frank Thomas. It talks about how he is one of the very few clean hitters of the 90's. (**** we already knew, but still, its a good quick read)

Dan Mega
08-03-2008, 11:59 AM
Its pretty bad that Maxim seemingly has more journalistic integrity than most of the Chicago writers.

Good article. Frank is one of the best hitters ever.

Lip Man 1
08-03-2008, 12:10 PM
When all is said and done and baseball looks back on this "era," what Thomas and Griffey did and the WAY they did it will be even more pronounced.

Lip

gogosox16
08-03-2008, 12:12 PM
When all is said and done and baseball looks back on this "era," what Thomas and Griffey did and the WAY they did it will be even more pronounced.

Lip
Same with Thome...

TheOldRoman
08-03-2008, 12:35 PM

LipI hope so, but I don't think it will be the case. Far too many fans have lost interest after the furor of the Mitchell Report. Tejada is not branded with an "S" in the press, and other roiders have gone on with their careers without being haunted by it every day. I think far too many fans have said "Dahh, they all did it. Who cares anymore?"

Sadly, I think all media and fans will overlook roiders because "they were playing against other roiders," and in the long run, Sosa will be in the hall of fame next to guys who did it the right way. I know the NFL is very different, but look at how Shawne Merriman has been treated. Besides being a huge piece of ****, he is also a steroid freak. It was completely forgotten by the fans and media. He now has several national advertising deals.

I want Mags back
08-03-2008, 01:25 PM
If you get a chance to check out the new (oct 08) Maxim theres a good little articale in there on Frank Thomas. It talks about how he is one of the very few clean hitters of the 90's. (**** we already knew, but still, its a good quick read)

why is it the october issue, it just turned august

Adele_H
08-03-2008, 08:49 PM

Lip

Frank Thomas has a bright future in broadcasting. Kinda like Mark Grace, but better.

FedEx227
08-03-2008, 09:00 PM
Frank Thomas has a bright future in broadcasting. Kinda like Mark Grace, but better.

...Whaaa?! Big Hurt made Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson's broadcasting and analysts sound off the charts.

Adele_H
08-03-2008, 09:45 PM
...Whaaa?! Big Hurt made Isiah Thomas and Magic Johnson's broadcasting and analysts sound off the charts.

Nah, he was just getting warmed up. His heart is still in playing.

Hurt can gab it up; doesn't have annoying personality of Isiah or Magic; and if you let him be honest, his analysis is ill. Imposing desk presence. Yo.

TheVulture
08-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Its pretty bad that Maxim seemingly has more journalistic integrity than most of the Chicago writers.

Certainly not.

http://www.tmz.com/2008/02/23/maxim-screws-the-black-crowes/

LongLiveFisk
08-03-2008, 11:14 PM
It just irks the hell out of me everytime I think that juicer Giambi beat him out for the MVP in 2000. Total injustice.

jpendltn
08-06-2008, 02:33 AM
What irks me, is when it came out that Giambi did steriods and he then had a horrible year. Then the following year he wins the comeback player.

Ziggy S
08-06-2008, 04:36 AM
I liked the article. Also, Mr. Jeff Pearleman showed how Big Frank's "selfish" reputation was undeserved.