PDA

View Full Version : Stadium question

whitesoxsabres
08-02-2008, 10:19 PM
I will be going to my first game at US Cellular Field next weekend, and i have tickets in the upper deck. I have read that Im not allowed to go anywhere else in the stadium if I have upper deck tickets. I have a few questions:

Is this such a bad thing?
What am I missing out on?
Are there possible ways around this?

Any help would be appreciated

Hitmen77
08-02-2008, 10:24 PM
I will be going to my first game at US Cellular Field next weekend, and i have tickets in the upper deck. I have read that Im not allowed to go anywhere else in the stadium if I have upper deck tickets. I have a few questions:

Is this such a bad thing?
What am I missing out on?
Are there possible ways around this?

Any help would be appreciated

I think it is a bad thing to be limited to the UD on your first visit. The concessions choices are much better in the lower deck. Plus you can see the Fan Deck and the player statues.

The only way i know of to get to the LD with UD tickets is if you bought tickets from StubHub - which are likely from a season ticket holder, and upper deck season ticket holders get access to the lower deck.

It's Dankerific
08-02-2008, 10:30 PM
Has anyone ever tried getting there early and just telling the truth? out of town visitor, want to see the stadium, etc.?

most of these "rules" are just enforced be people.

Parrothead
08-02-2008, 11:48 PM
Without the season ticket, I have not seen or heard of people getting to the lower deck even with sob stories.

#1swisher
08-03-2008, 10:44 AM
more info needed
type of ticket ie ticketmaster or season ticket
season ticket holders have accesss to lower level

JimmyJames
08-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Only thing I could think of is getting there early and at least getting down to the Bullpen Bar.

The Sox have one of the only parks where the concourse runs all the way around the field so it is a shame that upper deck ticket holders can't experience it.

*2 cents*

Jerko
08-03-2008, 02:21 PM
Are these Boston games we're talking about here? Don't even bother to try.

ChicagoRushFan
08-03-2008, 03:44 PM
Only time I had luck getting down to the lower level was on a Kids Day when it was opened up for kids to get autographs before the game. I didn't have kids, they just weren't checking.

I've never tried a sob story, etc.

Believe It!
08-03-2008, 04:44 PM
This sounds a little shady but it will most likely work

If you could get your hands on some OLD tickets that are lower deck seats, you could flash them at the usher to gain access to the lower deck. They barely look at the tickets let alone look at the dates on them. Its worth a shot because if you are going to the game to do other things besides just "watch the game", being in the UD is boring.

whitesoxsabres
08-03-2008, 08:44 PM
Thanks for your help everyone. Next time ill be sure to get lower level tickets.

Are these Boston games we're talking about here? Don't even bother to try.

Its for the saturday red sox game. How will that game be? Will it be sold out?

chisoxfan4life
08-04-2008, 12:09 AM
That works. I've done it before. We got there to see BP and try to catch some balls so there was no point in sitting in the UD so long with nothing to do.

If you could get your hands on some OLD tickets that are lower deck seats, you could flash them at the usher to gain access to the lower deck. They barely look at the tickets let alone look at the dates on them. Its worth a shot because if you are going to the game to do other things besides just "watch the game", being in the UD is boring.

soxfanreggie
08-04-2008, 12:22 AM
I don't mind UD seats that are behind home plate. You have a good view of the pitch and a great view of the jumbotron.

UofCSoxFan
08-04-2008, 08:50 AM

Instead of cheating the system, why don't you spend an extra 10 or 15 bucks and actual buy a lower level seat. People pay for that privledge and it isn't right to defraud the White Sox and sneak down there.

If everyone did what you suggested, the lower level would be packed and the people that actually paid for their seats would have to wait in longer concession/restaurant lines, possible have to deal with peole sitting in their seats, and have to work their way through a bunch of people with upper deck seats standing around on the concorse.

Again, spring for a lower deck ticket if you want to see the whole park so bad.

comet2k
08-04-2008, 01:54 PM

If you show old tickets they'll probably have a different photo than the ones for that day. Most of the ushers seem clueless, but even they might catch something like that.

skottyj242
08-04-2008, 02:00 PM
I usually do routine ticket checks while walking around enjoying some beers. You better hope I don't run into me. Why can't you second class upper deck people realize that you are lower than us and just stay up there?

BTW-Does anyone know the song they play when Paulie comes to bat?

gobears1987
08-04-2008, 02:27 PM
BTW-Does anyone know the song they play when Paulie comes to bat?I believe it's "Harvester of Sorrow" by Metallica.

skottyj242
08-04-2008, 02:30 PM
If you show old tickets they'll probably have a different photo than the ones for that day. Most of the ushers seem clueless, but even they might catch something like that.

That doesn't matter. Different packages have different tickets for each game. I think the only day that eveyone has the same ticket that's a season ticket would be Opening Day.

chisoxfanatic
08-04-2008, 02:34 PM
The only tickets that even have photos on them are season tickets. All tickets ordered at the box office, Ticket****er, and anything else are uniform non-photoed tickets.

roylestillman
08-04-2008, 02:35 PM
And then there is the practice called "Stubbing them down"

hula
08-04-2008, 02:39 PM
Can't he upgrade his tickets to lower deck (if available) the day of the game at fan assistance? :scratch:

Jerko
08-04-2008, 02:40 PM
Saturday vs. the Red Sox is probably not the best choice of game to try the sneak down. And I don't know how wise it is to post ways around the UD policy here.

ChicagoRushFan
08-04-2008, 09:37 PM
If the Sox sold lower level passes, for like two bucks each at the upper deck window, I wonder how many they would sell. Yeah I know it defeats the purpose and would just look bad and wouldn't happen, but, money is money.

skottyj242
08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I hear you can bribe your way down with a Pepsi.

Jerko
08-05-2008, 08:50 AM
I hear you can bribe your way down with a Pepsi.

That was a classic.

doublem23
08-05-2008, 09:37 AM
Can't he upgrade his tickets to lower deck (if available) the day of the game at fan assistance? :scratch:

You can, but I wouldn't hold my breath for a Saturday game against the Sawx.

PeoriaSoxFan
08-05-2008, 09:56 AM
The upper deck view can be bad, depending on where you are. I would suggest either:

1. Buying Stadium Club passes on ebay or stubhub. I had some about a month back and then was able to get in the lower deck by taking the elevators down. I don't know if we just got lucky or if they don't care when you are coming off the Stadium Club elevators.

2. If you and your guest are of age, get there early and get in line at the gate near the sports bar. Grab a picnic table (for $15 each) or a lower seat on in the bullpen sports bar.

chisoxfan4life
08-06-2008, 02:21 AM
Saturday vs. the Red Sox is probably not the best choice of game to try the sneak down. And I don't know how wise it is to post ways around the UD policy here.
I don't see the harm in going down to the lower deck for BP and then sitting in your normal seat for the game.

We all have the Ligue idiots to blame for this rule. As long as people aren't buying Upper Reserved tickets and coming down to steal other peoples seats or watch the game on the concourse causing more congestion, they should be able to come down to the lower deck for a little while to see the statues and experience the concourse around the stadium. The shower, the rain room, and the fan deck are all cool attractions that fans should have a right to access at the games.

A quick question: I am sitting in the club level in a few weeks and have never been before. Is it possible to access the 100 level with a club level ticket? I want to catch some of BP and thought I remembered hearing that club level tickets could access the 100 level I just wanted some confirmation.

Save McCuddy's
08-06-2008, 09:41 AM
Instead of cheating the system, why don't you spend an extra 10 or 15 bucks and actual buy a lower level seat. People pay for that privledge and it isn't right to defraud the White Sox and sneak down there.

If everyone did what you suggested, the lower level would be packed and the people that actually paid for their seats would have to wait in longer concession/restaurant lines, possible have to deal with peole sitting in their seats, and have to work their way through a bunch of people with upper deck seats standing around on the concorse.

Again, spring for a lower deck ticket if you want to see the whole park so bad.

Exactly. Walk up to box office pre-game and ask for bleacher seats. Not too expensive, generally available day of game and all-access.

hi im skot
08-06-2008, 09:50 AM
The upper deck view can be bad, depending on where you are.

Most upper deck seats are perfectly acceptable. My favorite section in the park is 527.

My sister and I have an Ozzie plan together, but we still don't have lower deck access. However, we talked to one of the "ticket checkers" on Harold Baines day and explained we simply wanted to be downstairs for the unveiling. She let us go, we watched the ceremony, and headed back up to our seats.

If you sincerely just want to check out specific attractions on the main concourse, go to customer assistance and tell them. They'll probably give you an elevator pass.

Be honest, and don't be a dick...it can't hurt.

SquirrelNutz
08-06-2008, 09:57 AM
Disclaimer: I don't necessarily advocate taking the following approach ... simply sharing some knowledge.

If you're technologically competent, and can get your hands on some old electronic tickets in PDF format, and have Acrobat Pro (or know someone who does) they can be edited to use as access to the LD ... a few years ago Ticketmaster started to secure the PDF files ... so, you'll also need a simple tool ... there are tools available to unlock these for editing (Acrobat Key by Passware comes to mind).

As for suggestions about getting tickets for the Red Sox series by paying a few more dollars for the LD ... forget about it ... nothing available since single game tickets went on sale last winter.

Harry Potter
08-06-2008, 10:35 AM
If you're technologically competent, and can get your hands on some old electronic tickets in PDF format, and have Acrobat Pro (or know someone who does) they can be edited to use as access to the LD ... a few years ago Ticketmaster started to secure the PDF files ... so, you'll also need a simple tool ... there are tools available to unlock these for editing (Acrobat Key by Passware comes to mind).

Who would do such a thing like that?

Memories of standing on lower concourse for the 2005 ALDS and ALCS games.... :cool:

SquirrelNutz
08-06-2008, 10:48 AM
Who would do such a thing like that?

Memories of standing on lower concourse for the 2005 ALDS and ALCS games.... :cool:

yep ... well worth the effort

Hitmen77
08-06-2008, 10:51 AM
A quick question: I am sitting in the club level in a few weeks and have never been before. Is it possible to access the 100 level with a club level ticket? I want to catch some of BP and thought I remembered hearing that club level tickets could access the 100 level I just wanted some confirmation.

Yes. Club level tickets holders can access the 100 level. Enjoy you're game at the Club Level - that level is great.

I have another question. I see that some StubHub tickets are now available electronically. Would buying 500 level tickets from stubhub and only getting the electronic/printout ticket still give me access to the lower deck?

Zisk77
08-06-2008, 11:34 AM
I usually do routine ticket checks while walking around enjoying some beers. You better hope I don't run into me. Why can't you second class upper deck people realize that you are lower than us and just stay up there?

As previously stated Paulie's walk up is "harvestor of sorrow" but in your case maybe it should be "Frayed ends of Sanity" :D:

hi im skot
08-06-2008, 11:52 AM

"She Bop."

Jerko
08-06-2008, 12:07 PM
*** half of these ideas cost more than just buying a ****in LD ticket...