PDA

View Full Version : Is Griffey going to be alright?

Whitesoxfan23
08-02-2008, 07:30 PM
I have been at work all day, and followed game on my phone via gameday, and I saw he left with a leg injury. Is it anything serious? Gosh I hope not.

thomas35forever
08-02-2008, 07:36 PM
He left with a cramp in his leg that was strictly heat related. Shouldn't be cause for alarm.

turners56
08-02-2008, 07:43 PM
He left with a cramp in his leg that was strictly heat related. Shouldn't be cause for alarm.

They're probably being cautions. I really don't think he should bat in the 2-hole. That experiment might be over.

EuroSox35
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Well you'd think he'd see better pitches to hit as compared to 7th

UofCSoxFan
08-02-2008, 08:30 PM
They're probably being cautions. I really don't think he should bat in the 2-hole. That experiment might be over.

I don't really think it was an experiment....AJ had the day off. I'd be shocked if AJ wasn't back in the 2 spot whenever he's in the lineup.

Daver
08-02-2008, 08:32 PM
Well you'd think he'd see better pitches to hit as compared to 7th

Yeah, he had a hard time hitting from the seven hole on Saturday.

angiew
08-03-2008, 06:02 PM
Honestly, with the heat as bad as it is I'm really suprised he was the only one affected. I'm in Southern Oklahoma and it was 108 yesterday and today, not to mention an index approaching 120.....so damn hot there are actually people dying because of it. I'm NOT looking forward to being out at my nieces softball games this week:?: I seriously don't know how either team has played in this opressive heat, and I'm sure it didn't help anyones anger management.:redneck

BoysMom3
08-03-2008, 08:22 PM
I have a whole thread about how my family went down to the games on Fri. and Sat., but yeah, the heat was so brutal, I thought I could pass out. After driving that far and paying for tix, we left the game early Sat., it was that bad. If for nothing else, our kids didn't look very good. The thermometer on my car said 101 degrees. That's without the heat index. My sister just told me the heat is on its way here tomorrow for the week. Great. It was awesome to watch Griffey play his first game with the Sox!