PDA

View Full Version : Gardy Suspended

hellview
08-02-2008, 02:47 PM
Copyrighted text.

Read this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1912283&postcount=6)

Ohhhh...one game.

TheOldRoman
08-02-2008, 03:00 PM
Not surprising that he got suspended, but if it were Ozzie, it would have been more than one game.

Gardenhire also has a history of run-ins with umpires. Last year, in a game when Santana got a normal zone instead of the normal 6 inches in each direction Greg Maddox zone he gets, Gardenhire got tossed for complaining. He then shredded the umps in the press, saying how they need to "respect" Johan by giving him a bigger zone because he had earned it.

TDog
08-02-2008, 03:18 PM
Do people use a cute nickname for Ron Gardenhire because they are afraid they might misspell his name?

From what I've seen, he got off easy.

chisoxfanatic
08-02-2008, 03:34 PM
Do people use a cute nickname for Ron Gardenhire because they are afraid they might misspell his name?

From what I've seen, he got off easy.
I have no idea; but, I know I cursed a little when I thought it was GRADY Sizemore who was suspended, until I clicked the thread link.

WSox597
08-03-2008, 08:16 AM
Gee, I wonder how Hawk will take this, the way he idolizes Gardengnome. :D:

SoxGirl4Life
08-03-2008, 09:42 AM
Gardy? :rolleyes:

hawkjt
08-03-2008, 11:57 AM
Should have been 3 games considering he incited a riot with his actions. Those twins fans have to be taught that reacting by throwing objects at the opposing team has severe consequences for their team. Now, open season, any fan group can start throwing objects at the opposing team and they will not be thrown out ,their team will not pay a price and they can actually turn the tide in their favor in that game so look for repeats of this now.

turners56
08-03-2008, 01:43 PM
Copyrighted text.

Read this (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=1912283&postcount=6)

Ohhhh...one game.

Not a surprise. And Twins fans were telling me I'm stupid for saying he will...

soxfanreggie
08-03-2008, 02:21 PM
I agree that teams need to be punished for outbursts like this; however, I have seen it happen when the visiting team's fans throw debris on the court in an attempt to get a technical foul called on the opposing team (this was basketball).