PDA

View Full Version : West Coast Curse lives on - 4 Prozacs Please

HawkDJ
05-10-2002, 10:59 PM
This is really amazing. I know its only the 3rd inning but it looks like we are on our way to being 1-6 this year on the west coast. We loaded the bases on bunts, hit a batter, dropped a pop fly, 2 home runs...how can it not be a curse? Its not just like we lose, we get killed and we play the ugliest baseball possible and come back the next series and play like always. This is certainly strange, to say the least.

jklm
05-10-2002, 11:03 PM
What a disaster... With Garland, Glover pitching this weekend, I am not that optimistic we can win a game this weekend...

OEO Magglio
05-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Danny Wright sucks, and I am not just overreacting from today's game. I've thought he was bad for a while, we need to start someone different. I think we should give Porzio a shot, that is my oppinion. Porzio did great last year in AAA as a starter. When Biddle is ready we have to put him in for Glover, cause they dont let Glover go more then 60 pitches.

HawkDJ
05-10-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by jklm
What a disaster... With Garland, Glover pitching this weekend, I am not that optimistic we can win a game this weekend...

Seriously, this is amazing. How can we play 10 times worse on the west coast than in any other place? I'm not even exaggerating on that one. Hopefully we can bounce back like we did after Oakland. Games, (hopefully not series) like this can put you in a major funk.

RedPinStripes
05-10-2002, 11:30 PM
He's Danny Wrong tonight.

SOXSINCE'70
05-10-2002, 11:40 PM
All Sox fans can hope for is a Yankmees sweep,as the team will no doubt return home 2-5 on this 7 game road swing.What happens when the Sox go to Fenway later this month??
If you want to be a contender that has a chance to go deep into the playoffs,YOU NEED 3 GOOD STARTING PITCHERS!!!!!
The Sox have 2.Where is #3??
It sure ain't anyone on the team right now!!
I don't mind losing,but this ass blasting trend has got to stop!!

MattSharp
05-10-2002, 11:58 PM
Wow, I don't know what to say. Danny Wright and Ginter got rocker. I think Wright has proven he's not real great. I think the Sox need to start looking at new options....

MattSharp
05-11-2002, 12:03 AM
Did they take Lofton ou just cause they were doing so bad they figured they would give him a break, or did something happen....?

jklm
05-11-2002, 12:03 AM
What a tough job to choose the tallest midget, formerly known as PTC, tonight...

chisoxt
05-11-2002, 12:08 AM
Quite Honestly, we are fielding a team with half of a pitching staff. It is a joke to think that we can contend with hacks like Porzio, Ginter, Garland, and Wright. Biddle is iffy, as is Osuna Howry and Glover. Crap, do we even have half of a pitching staff??

duke of dorwood
05-11-2002, 12:14 AM
Not one guy has had one thrown at their head. Just go up, and tee it up. Disgraceful heartless disply.

GASHWOUND
05-11-2002, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
Danny Wright sucks, and I am not just overreacting from today's game. I've thought he was bad for a while, we need to start someone different. I think we should give Porzio a shot, that is my oppinion. Porzio did great last year in AAA as a starter. When Biddle is ready we have to put him in for Glover, cause they dont let Glover go more then 60 pitches.

We have no other options, Porzio is HORRIBLE and will be sent down to the mnors when Wunsch is called up. So unless we make another trade, we're stuck with Wright. And they will let Glover go over 60 pitches his next start. And each start he makes his pitch count will get bigger.

mack10zie
05-11-2002, 01:31 AM
Just got back from studying for finals, and wow..... :whiner:

That's about all I have to say.

GASHWOUND
05-11-2002, 01:36 AM
Originally posted by chisoxt
Quite Honestly, we are fielding a team with half of a pitching staff. It is a joke to think that we can contend with hacks like Porzio, Ginter, Garland, and Wright. Biddle is iffy, as is Osuna Howry and Glover. Crap, do we even have half of a pitching staff??

Wel, lets ee. We have Buehrle, Ritchie, Glover, Osuna, Howry, Foulke, Marte, and Biddle as (I think) guys who aren't iffy. Wright is to inconsistent, and Garland is to inconsistent. So are problems are with Wright, Garland, Porzio, and Ginter as the problems.

GASHWOUND
05-11-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Not one guy has had one thrown at their head. Just go up, and tee it up. Disgraceful heartless disply.

Heh, I stayed home for this?!?!. Sheesh
And we have had alot of " Disgraceful heartless displays" this year. We when we get behind, we play dead

:chunks

StepsInSC
05-11-2002, 01:43 AM
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH HOLY CRAP. Throughout tonight's game I kept remembering a quote by Homer Simpson: "It's funny cuz its true." Ha don't know why that one kept coming to mind...i want to cry.

MattSharp
05-11-2002, 01:56 AM
It proved that if a starter has a bad start, and it was really bad, that the bullpen won't stop it. They gave up 11 runs after Wright came out, including 3 HRs. How can the Sox only manage 3 hits and lose 19-0 to a 3rd place team? I mean I can seem them losing, but not that badly. This was a really bad night. The Sox pitching is not playoff caliber yet, with the exception of Buerhle, Ritchie and Foulke.....

OfficerKarkovice
05-11-2002, 02:10 AM
was that? I stopped back in for a minute before going back out tonight and saw the score. That is just plain sh*t. I would ask what went wrong but I imagine the response I would get is "everything."

GASHWOUND
05-11-2002, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by MattSharp
It proved that if a starter has a bad start, and it was really bad, that the bullpen won't stop it. They gave up 11 runs after Wright came out, including 3 HRs. How can the Sox only manage 3 hits and lose 19-0 to a 3rd place team? I mean I can seem them losing, but not that badly. This was a really bad night. The Sox pitching is not playoff caliber yet, with the exception of Buerhle, Ritchie and Foulke.....

Yes, but they got the majority of the runs from the crap of our pen(Porzio and Ginter) And can I say again, that Porzio REALLY sucks. The Angels did this to the 'Toons earlier in the year, I think they won 22-2 or something. And this team has been playing really well recently. They had a bad start of the season and now have come back strong.
But their is something wrong when we have gotten blown out for like the 4th or 5th time this year. And when we are getting whooped, our hitters pretty much take the time their at the plate to take naps. Despicable display of play from a team that has some problems.