PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Afternoon Baseball

Bucky F. Dent
08-01-2008, 02:25 PM
If you happen to catch the Yanks v. Angels game this Sunday on TBS and see a guy in the stand sporting the early seventies red White Sox cap - that'd be me.:D:

ondafarm
08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
If you happen to catch the Yanks v. Angels game this Sunday on TBS and see a guy in the stand sporting the early seventies red White Sox cap - that'd be me.:D:

What both guys?

BleacherBandit
08-01-2008, 03:41 PM

Sorry, but I don't watch TBS's poor excuse for a weekly baseball game broadcast.

Chip Carey? :?:

Bucky F. Dent
08-04-2008, 10:31 PM
Have returned from Gotham.

Yankee stadium needs to be bulldozed. It was awesome to see the field where so many GREAT players have played. But that stadium is far, far, far past its prime.

Actually sat near a couple of cub fans who were reasonably cool. One of them even recognized that the cap that I was wearing was a White Sox cap, which suprised me.

Was kiddingly warned that I should not step into Yankee stadium wearing a red hat that said "Sox" on it. The guys giving me the ribbing did not think that it would make any difference if, in the midst of the attack, I tried to explain the heritage of the red White Sox hat.

Nonetheless, had no problems inside the stadium.

Only bad part of the day was looking at the out of town scoreboard and seeing that the Sox gave up two touchdowns.:(:

Jim Shorts
08-04-2008, 10:34 PM
Have returned from Gotham.

Yankee stadium needs to be bulldozed. It was awesome to see the field where so many GREAT players have played. But that stadium is far, far, far past its prime.

That stadium is so far different from where all those greats played it's silly. I got so sick of that crap during the AS game.

All that said, I would have liked to have seen it myself.

eriqjaffe
08-04-2008, 11:08 PM
That stadium is so far different from where all those greats played it's silly.Those same greats spent time playing in the Cell's parking lot, but nobody waxes rhapsodic about that.