PDA

View Full Version : Where do you bat Jr?

beasly213
08-01-2008, 11:14 AM
I was just thinking about this. Now that we have Ken Griffey Jr. and Jim Thome where do you bat them in the lineup?

We know Ozzie doesn't like to have back to back lefties so this poses a small problem.

Ok so we stick with OC, AJ and TCQ. But do you take Dye out of the cleanup spot and put either Thome or JR. there to break up the lefty lefty?

Personally I hope he doesn't do that as TCQ and JD is a great 3-4 tandium. But at the same time do you move either Thome or Griffey all the way down to 7th in the lineup? I guess everyones on field play will help detirmine this but it is still something to think about.

Thoughts?

MushMouth
08-01-2008, 11:21 AM
My prediction for tonight's lineup card:

SS Cabrera
C AJ
LF TCQ
RF JD
DH Thome
CF Griffey
1b Swish
2b Ramirez
3b Fields

broker3d
08-01-2008, 11:26 AM

SS Cabrera
C AJ
LF TCQ
RF JD
DH Thome
CF Griffey
1b Swish
2b Ramirez
3b Fields

Agreed but I would switch Fields and Ramirez. I like that speed to wrap back around to the top of the order.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-01-2008, 11:36 AM

SS Cabrera
C AJ
LF TCQ
RF JD
DH Thome
CF Griffey
1b Swish
2b Ramirez
3b Fields

I would use Uribe at 3B, batting him 8th, with Ramirez 9th. After 3Ks last night, I would sit Fields.

ondafarm
08-01-2008, 11:38 AM
I'd have one lineup for facing lefties and one for righties.

jabrch
08-01-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't have the foggiest clue what management is thinking at this point. The pieces seem a very odd fit. They know better than me - but I'm confused.

oeo
08-01-2008, 11:45 AM
Agreed but I would switch Fields and Ramirez. I like that speed to wrap back around to the top of the order.

Did anyone else think Alexei was trying to pull the ball more, and blast a homerun because of where he was hitting in the lineup last night? He had a great pitch to drive the other way last night, high and up, but he tried pulling it and it ended up just being a soft fly ball to left.

I hope to never see him in the middle of the order again.

MushMouth
08-01-2008, 11:46 AM
honestly, I wish Thome could still play 1b on a regular basis. I know he's in pretty good shape, still has better legs than some of the other clod hoppers on our team... so maybe he could?

If so, Griffey as DH w/ Thome playing first would be the idea lineup w/ Anderson or Wise in center. Swish and Paulie would cycle in for a couple starts a week.

oeo
08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
honestly, I wish Thome could still play 1b on a regular basis. I know he's in pretty good shape, still has better legs than some of the other clod hoppers on our team... so maybe he could?

If so, Griffey as DH w/ Thome playing first would be the idea lineup w/ Anderson or Wise in center. Swish and Paulie would cycle in for a couple starts a week.

Or why not just put Griffey there? At least give it a try. I honestly don't think his defense at 1B could be worse than what he's probably going to give us in CF.

I'm already shuddering over balls in the Kansas City gaps. He might be alright at the Cell, but meh...tonight could be interesting.

ZombieRob
08-01-2008, 11:49 AM
I have this uneasy feeling Konerko will not be sat. Instead it will be Swisher as basically the super sub.

turners56
08-01-2008, 11:50 AM

SS Cabrera
C AJ
LF TCQ
RF JD
DH Thome
CF Griffey
1b Swish
2b Ramirez
3b Fields

Two lefties in a row? Eh...

MushMouth
08-01-2008, 11:51 AM
Or why not just put Griffey there? At least give it a try. I honestly don't think his defense at 1B could be worse than what he's probably going to give us in CF.

I'm already shuddering over balls in the Kansas City gaps. He might be alright at the Cell, but meh...tonight could be interesting.

After he misses a few balls in the dirt at first, I think you'll be ready to see him in Center. I'd be scared to let him learn 1st during a pennant race.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Not necessarily tonight, but one thing I would do is DH Griffey in place of Thome a number of times (with Konerko taking others away from Thome when there is a lefty on the mound). I really do not want to see Thome's 2009 contract vested by him getting enough at bats between now and the end of the year.

35th and Shields
08-01-2008, 12:40 PM

SS Cabrera
C AJ
LF TCQ
RF JD
DH Thome
CF Griffey
1b Swish
2b Ramirez
3b Fields

I highly doubt they would put thome and griffey back to back. It sounds like griffey is more effective against righties and i'm hoping they try this....
SS OC
C AJ
LF TCQ
RF JD
DH Thome
2B Ramirez
CF Griffey
1B Swish
3B Fields

with way Ramirez hits the ball i would love to see him in more of an RBI situation

08-01-2008, 12:45 PM

There was a very informative post from a long time Cincinnati Reds fan last night, he made an interesting observation.

He said it had been said the Reds didn't want to put Griffey at 1B because they didn't want Griffey stretching and straining for throws and figuring his instincts were that of an outfielder.

Whether that's reality and whether it's a legitimate reason for not trying Griffey at 1B is up for anyone's interpretation and opinion I suppose. But it seems clear the White Sox didn't acquire him to play 1B, seeing as they've got two on the roster already.

But it will be interesting to see how all the moving parts work with this group.

jabrch
08-01-2008, 12:47 PM
Not necessarily tonight, but one thing I would do is DH Griffey in place of Thome a number of times (with Konerko taking others away from Thome when there is a lefty on the mound). I really do not want to see Thome's 2009 contract vested by him getting enough at bats between now and the end of the year.

This year Thome is hitting LHP better than Griffey...

oeo
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
This year Thome is hitting LHP better than Griffey...

A lot better...and Thome has shown very good power against LHP.

If he gets to enough plate appearances, then he does. Oh well, worry about that later. We're trying to win right now, though.

White City
08-01-2008, 12:49 PM
SS Cabrera
C AJ
LF Quentin
RF Dye
DH Thome
1B Konerko
CF Griffey
3B Fields
2B Ramirez

Griffey forces some fastballs to Konerko. Paulie eventually remembers how to hit them.

oeo
08-01-2008, 12:50 PM
SS Cabrera
C AJ
LF Quentin
RF Dye
DH Thome
1B Konerko
CF Griffey
3B Fields
2B Ramirez

Griffey forces some fastballs to Konerko. Paulie eventually remembers how to hit them.

He's been getting plenty of fastballs.

Optipessimism
08-01-2008, 12:58 PM
Vs. Lefties

Cabrera SS
Pierzynski C
Quentin LF
Dye RF
Thome DH
Ramirez 2B
Swisher 1B
Anderson CF
Uribe 3B

Vs. Righties:

Cabrera SS
Pierzynski C
Quentin LF
Griffey 1B
Dye RF
Thome DH
Ramirez 2B
Anderson CF
Uribe 3B

So what if Griffey isn't a 1B? I'd rather have him there than in CF or in the corners over Dye/Quentin. And I've rather have his bat at 1B than Paulie's or Swisher's.

Edit: all I know is that with the pitching staff struggling, putting Griffey in CF and Josh at 3B isn't going to help us unless they each drive in 1-2 runs a piece daily.

Dice
08-01-2008, 12:59 PM
Here would be my lineup:

SS - Cabrera
C - Pierzynski
LF - Quentin
CF - Griffey
RF - Dye
DH - Thome
2B - Ramirez
1B - Swisher
3B - Fields

Even though it sound taboo, I would want to split Quentin and Dye in the lineup and put Griffey as cleanup because he can still provide 35+ HR power. Putting Griffey in-between Quentin and Dye makes it much harder for opposing managers to manage their bullpen against us. We now have a balance in the lineup with R-L-R-L-R-L-R-S-R batters. No clog of righties or lefties in the lineup. So in late game situations, managers cannot just throw a righty when 3 and 4 come up then throw a lefty when 5 and 6 come up.

CashMan
08-01-2008, 01:01 PM
I would use Uribe at 3B,

WHY!?!?!?!?!?!

Uribe is GARBAGE! What is with the lovefest with Uribe? Last time I checked, 3rd and 1st base, you usually have power hitter, Josh Fields is a power hitter.

Optipessimism
08-01-2008, 01:03 PM
WHY!?!?!?!?!?!

Uribe is GARBAGE! What is with the lovefest with Uribe? Last time I checked, 3rd and 1st base, you usually have power hitter, Josh Fields is a power hitter.
Uribe can play Major League-caliber 3B during a pennant race. Josh cannot.

CashMan
08-01-2008, 01:06 PM

With his beautiful .230 and swinging at 1st pitch at bats? Ohhh, and his SO totals? What makes you think Josh cannot?

Optipessimism
08-01-2008, 01:07 PM
With his beautiful .230 and swinging at 1st pitch at bats? Ohhh, and his SO totals? What makes you think Josh cannot?
Oh sorry. I didn't know 3B was played on the offensive side of the ball...

CashMan
08-01-2008, 01:10 PM
Oh sorry. I didn't know 3B was played on the offensive side of the ball...

So, your arguement for Uribe sucking at hitting, is that his defense is soooo great? Uribe is a year by year player, Josh Fields is young and has potential.

35th and Shields
08-01-2008, 01:10 PM

with the great offensive lineup that we have in addition to our ground-ball type pitchers, uribe would seem to be a better a choice IMO. With crede coming back soon and fields hitting just ok i think uribe's a better fit at third until crede's ready. In the small sample we've seen uribe at third, i'm starting to think he's a better defender there then at SS. He's made a ton of great plays

Optipessimism
08-01-2008, 01:15 PM
So, your arguement for Uribe sucking at hitting, is that his defense is soooo great? Uribe is a year by year player, Josh Fields is young and has potential.

Josh Fields' potential has nothing to do with this pennant race. If the Sox cared more about their longterm future at 3B than contending this year, Joe would have been traded for a bag of balls in ST.

with the great offensive lineup that we have in addition to our ground-ball type pitchers, uribe would seem to be a better a choice IMO. With crede coming back soon and fields hitting just ok i think uribe's a better fit at third until crede's ready. In the small sample we've seen uribe at third, i'm starting to think he's a better defender there then at SS. He's made a ton of great plays

Agreed. Uribe can make the plays out there. For a bullpen that doesn't have any confidence right now, putting players out there that give them even less confidence is not a good move.

hawkjt
08-01-2008, 01:23 PM
Here would be my lineup:

SS - Cabrera
C - Pierzynski
LF - Quentin
CF - Griffey
RF - Dye
DH - Thome
2B - Ramirez
1B - Swisher
3B - Fields

Even though it sound taboo, I would want to split Quentin and Dye in the lineup and put Griffey as cleanup because he can still provide 35+ HR power. Putting Griffey in-between Quentin and Dye makes it much harder for opposing managers to manage their bullpen against us. We now have a balance in the lineup with R-L-R-L-R-L-R-S-R batters. No clog of righties or lefties in the lineup. So in late game situations, managers cannot just throw a righty when 3 and 4 come up then throw a lefty when 5 and 6 come up.

I think I like this lineup the best. I agree that it seems blasphemous to split our two best hitters but I like l-r-l-r-l-r-l-r balance that your lineup suggests. Griff is on a 12 game hitting streak right now so he might just lite it up right away between Carlos and Jd. The way our pitching is going, we need about 10 runs a nite in KC.

CashMan
08-01-2008, 01:28 PM
Agreed. Uribe can make the plays out there. For a bullpen that doesn't have any confidence right now, putting players out there that give them even less confidence is not a good move.

I don't feel Uribe's defense make or breaks the team. If his defense is soooo GREAT, then he would still be starting at 2nd base.

wsf4l
08-01-2008, 01:30 PM
OC
A.J.
CQ
JD
Thome
Swish
Grif
Missle
Fields

35th and Shields
08-01-2008, 01:30 PM
I don't feel Uribe's defense make or breaks the team. If his defense is soooo GREAT, then he would still be starting at 2nd base.

Uribe didn't lose his starting job, Ramirez took it from him

kitekrazy
08-01-2008, 01:33 PM
This is so "White Sox". We try to plug anyone at 1B. Have we mentioned putting BA there yet?

It's a sign of old immobile players or players lacking many skills.

oeo
08-01-2008, 01:34 PM
This is so "White Sox". We try to plug anyone at 1B. Have we mentioned putting BA there yet?

It's a sign of old immobile players or players lacking many skills.

Well, yeah, but this is what we've got, and it's been working so far.

CashMan
08-01-2008, 01:36 PM
Uribe didn't lose his starting job, Ramirez took it from him

Fields was called up from AAA for Crede, Uribe has done nothing to take it away from him. Except hitting .228 on the season.

35th and Shields
08-01-2008, 01:44 PM
Fields was called up from AAA for Crede, Uribe has done nothing to take it away from him. Except hitting .228 on the season.

What has fields done besides hit .200 and play bad defense this year?

Optipessimism
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM
In just about any major league game, the number of instances where the 3B is involved in a play on defense is going to be greater than the number of at-bats that player receives.

When you have two players, neither of whom have been tearing the cover off the ball and are more or less liabilities on offense, you go with the guy most likely to make the plays for you in the field. Especially in a fight for the playoffs.

CashMan
08-01-2008, 01:49 PM

20 ABs<<<<<<<<<<158 ABs. He has 2 errors, how many did Crede have on the year?

balke
08-01-2008, 01:51 PM
I gotta preface this as saying I'm pretty fed up with Swish. He has 94 K's right now, and nothing to show for it. That being said...

Cabrera
AJ
Quentin
Dye
Thome
Griffey
Ramirez
Swisher
Fields

Hopefully PK progresses with time off. I think come October:

Cabrera
AJ
Quentin
Dye
Thome
Konerko
Griffey
Ramirez
Crede

CashMan
08-01-2008, 01:53 PM
In just about any major league game, the number of instances where the 3B is involved in a play on defense is going to be greater than the number of at-bats that player receives.

When you have two players, neither of whom have been tearing the cover off the ball and are more or less liabilities on offense, you go with the guy most likely to make the plays for you in the field. Especially in a fight for the playoffs.

If the 2nd part is for any position, then BA should of been starting in CF all year.

Optipessimism
08-01-2008, 01:53 PM
Now you're just reaching. Crede had trouble throwing to first base, mostly during the earlier parts of the season, but it's not like he was regularly butchering ground balls out there. The number of plays Crede makes over Josh is greater than the number of plays Crede screws up on.

35th and Shields
08-01-2008, 01:54 PM

2 errors in 4 games is not good. i guess my point is that crede is coming back soon and with fields not hitting the ball great it won't hurt to have someone who can play very good defense. especially when were making 2 or 3 errors a game now.

Optipessimism
08-01-2008, 01:55 PM
If the 2nd part is for any position, then BA should of been starting in CF all year.
In hindsight, I'd definitely agree. Swish hasn't done anything. If Swish had been the player he was supposed to be though, then the offense probably offsets the defense, given the size of the park we play half our games in.

However Swish hasn't done anything, and I think the best chance we have to win right now is with Anderson in CF every day and Uribe at 3B until Crede comes back.

MushMouth
08-01-2008, 02:05 PM
ozzie says Jr will bat 6th or 7th FWIW:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/baseball/mlb/07/31/griffey.whitesox.ap/index.html

guillen4life13
08-01-2008, 02:05 PM

You could actually make that case... but that's a whole new can of worms.

Lately, hitting has not been the problem (which is why the Jr. move is perplexing) as much as pitching and defense. Right now, with obvious exceptions, I want the best fielding team out on the field. Fields' potential is there, but we need production and insurance right now. And we need as much peace of mind for the relievers to avoid situations like last night, where errors hurt the team and extended innings, helping the pen unravel.

My lineup (since it's obvious Griffey will be in CF):

R Cabrera
L Pierzynski
R Quentin
L Griffey
R Dye
L Thome
S Swisher
R Uribe
R Ramirez

When Crede comes back, it should be:

R Cabrera
L Pierzynski
R Quentin
L Griffey
R Dye
L Thome
R Crede
S Swisher
R Ramirez

oeo
08-01-2008, 02:07 PM

Fields has been fine defensively. He made a bad play in his first game, but has made all the plays since then.

CashMan
08-01-2008, 02:29 PM
2 errors in 4 games is not good. i guess my point is that crede is coming back soon and with fields not hitting the ball great it won't hurt to have someone who can play very good defense. especially when were making 2 or 3 errors a game now.

What I am argueing is that Crede is out, play Fields. As soon as Crede is back, send Josh down, so he can play everyday, I don't want Josh on the MLB team for 15 days, to ride the bench. I just don't get the love of Uribe. He has hit .230 the last 3yrs, swings at the 1st pitch every at bat, and SO consistently. He is a terrible baseball player. Some people make his defense out to be this gold glove SS. He is nothing special. If the argument is, go with the best fielding team, then PK shouldn't be on the field, BA should be in center. I don't buy we have enough Offense to sacrifice for Uribe, he would be a #9 hitter in the NL. I HATE everything about Uribe.

JohnTucker0814
08-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Line-up w/ Griffey (CF) & Swisher (1B)

1. Cabrera - R
2. Pierzynski - L
3. Quentin - R
4. Dye - R
5. Thome - L
6. Ramirez - R
7. Griffey - L
8. Fields - R
9. Swisher - S

Line-up w/ Griffey (CF) & Konerko (1B)

1. Cabrera - R
2. Pierzynski - L
3. Quentin - R
4. Dye - R
5. Thome - L
6. Konerko - R
7. Griffey - L
8. Fields - R
9. Ramirez - R

soxfandy
08-01-2008, 02:49 PM
I honestly don't think we are going to see BA anymore except for late inning defensive sub. Griffey does not hit lefties well anymore so I say sit him. Against righties I say Paulie sees the bench. I also would not mind see AJ and his first pitch swinging ways bat lower in the order in RBI situations. I rather see as many guys on base as possible for when TCQ, Dye, and Thome come up to bat. In saying that I would not mind seeing these lineups.

VS RHP:
Cabrera R
Griffey L
TCQ R
JD R
Thome L
Alexei R
AJ L
Fields R
Swisher L

VS LHP:
Cabrera R
AJ L
TCQ R
JD R
Thome L
PK R
Swisher/BA R
Fields R
Alexei R

By doing these lineups I believe you give our biggest holes (PK and Swisher) Every so often. Also you won't overuse Griffey in CF. I also think while RLRLRLRLR is nice, you just can't split up TCQ and JD at this point. They have been too good batting 3,4 in the lineup.

I especially like the lineup I have against righties. With AJ batting 7, Swisher batting 9, and Griffey batting 2, the 3,4,5 should see tons of RBI chances. Not to mention Griffey could drive in a ton of runs by himself batting second.

CashMan
08-01-2008, 02:51 PM
I honestly don't think we are going to see BA anymore except for late inning defensive sub. Griffey does not hit lefties well anymore so I say sit him. Against righties I say Paulie sees the bench. I also would not mind see AJ and his first pitch swinging ways bat lower in the order in RBI situations. I rather see as many guys on base as possible for when TCQ, Dye, and Thome come up to bat. In saying that I would not mind seeing these lineups.

VS RHP:
Cabrera R
Griffey L
TCQ R
JD R
Thome L
Alexei R
AJ L
Fields R
Swisher L

VS LHP:
Cabrera R
AJ L
TCQ R
JD R
Thome L
PK R
Swisher/BA R
Fields R
Alexei R

By doing these lineups I believe you give our biggest holes (PK and Swisher) Every so often. Also you won't overuse Griffey in CF. I also think while RLRLRLRLR is nice, you just can't split up TCQ and JD at this point. They have been too good batting 3,4 in the lineup.

I especially like the lineup I have against righties. With AJ batting 7, Swisher batting 9, and Griffey batting 2, the 3,4,5 should see tons of RBI chances. Not to mention Griffey could drive in a ton of runs by himself batting second.

Why would Griff bat #2? I think 6th in the order is where he will be batting.

soxfandy
08-01-2008, 03:04 PM
Why would Griff bat #2? I think 6th in the order is where he will be batting.

Because he gets on base and frankly I cant watch AJ swing at the first pitch every single time and get himself out easily. I have no problem AJ batting second if he makes the pitcher work and has good AB's. His job is to be on base for the 3,4,5. He rarely see enough pitches to even take a walk.

People complain about Alexei never taking a walk, but AJ is just about the same.

Alexei: .309 BA, .330 OBP, 21 point differential
AJ: .291, .328 OBP, 37 point differential

Not much difference!!

Oh yea and Griffey: .245 BA, .355 OBP, 110 point differential

ondafarm
08-01-2008, 03:15 PM
I don't think the Sox acquired Griffey to bat him in the lower third of the order. Against righties, I don't have a problem with Griffey batting 2nd and moving AJ down several spots.

CashMan
08-01-2008, 03:15 PM
Because he gets on base and frankly I cant watch AJ swing at the first pitch every single time and get himself out easily. I have no problem AJ batting second if he makes the pitcher work and has good AB's. His job is to be on base for the 3,4,5. He rarely see enough pitches to even take a walk.

People complain about Alexei never taking a walk, but AJ is just about the same.

Alexei: .309 BA, .330 OBP, 21 point differential
AJ: .291, .328 OBP, 37 point differential

Not much difference!!

Oh yea and Griffey: .245 BA, .355 OBP, 110 point differential

Good point. I wouldn't mind seeing Alexei batting leadoff, I know he doesn't take walks but, it would be nice to see speed on base. If he can hit 300 in the leadoff spot, I would be happy.

soxfandy
08-01-2008, 03:18 PM
Good point. I wouldn't mind seeing Alexei batting leadoff, I know he doesn't take walks but, it would be nice to see speed on base. If he can hit 300 in the leadoff spot, I would be happy.

I agree!!!

BadBobbyJenks
08-01-2008, 04:04 PM
Why wouldn't it be:

vs righties

OC R
AJ L
TCQ R
Thome L
Dye R
Griffey L
Swish/PK Switch/R
Fields/Crede R
Alexei R

SOXfnNlansing
08-01-2008, 04:12 PM
my prediction:

SS cabrera
C AJ
LF CQ
DH JR
RF Dye
1B PK
2B Ramirez
3B Fields
CF Anderson

My thinking is PK is the 'captain'. Get him in the game to see how he does. Anderson hasn't played really. Let JR acclimate himself to the team by DH'ing tonight. There is no way uribe plays!

oeo
08-01-2008, 04:13 PM
I'm pretty sure Ozzie has already said he'll be playing CF tonight.

Chicken Dinner
08-01-2008, 04:23 PM
I HATE everything about Uribe.

Really, I couldn't tell. I hate it when the bullpen gives up 6 runs in 2 innings. Maybe Juan will start tonight just to piss you off. :D:

MushMouth
08-01-2008, 04:26 PM
I'm pretty sure Ozzie has already said he'll be playing CF tonight.

also said he'll be hitting 6th or 7th

BleacherBandit
08-01-2008, 04:28 PM
Really, I couldn't tell. I hate it when the bullpen gives up 6 runs in 2 innings. Maybe Juan will start tonight just to piss you off. :D:

Uribe had two doubles when they placed him in there for Crede against Texas. I don't know. Fields seems to strike out alot, and at least Uribe is a funny guy to see play. :smile:

Frater Perdurabo
08-01-2008, 04:56 PM
This is what I would do:

vs. RHP:
Alexei 2B
Griffey CF/DH
Dye RF
Thome DH/1B
Quentin LF
AJ C
Crede 3B
Paulie/Swisher 1B/CF
Cabrera SS

vs. LHP:
Alexei 2B
CF BA
Dye RF
Thome DH
Quentin LF
Fields/Uribe 3B
Hall C
Paulie/Swisher 1B/CF
Cabrera SS

Alexei has the higher batting average, so I want him getting the extra at bat each game instead of Cabrera.

Griffey has a darn good OBP (.373) v. RHP; he'll have RBI chances with Cabrera and Alexei on in front of him and his patience will give them chances to run, and he'll have plenty of protection.

With his ~.310 batting average, I like Dye in the 3-hole. I like Thome hitting between Dye and Quentin for the R-L-R matchup.

Both Uribe and Fields have a solid OPS v. LHP; Crede does not (.342).

Hall has a .936 OPS v. LHP this year.

Defensively, Griffey only plays 1/3 of all games (1/2 the games v. RHP) in CF. Same with Swisher. BA gets the CF starts against LHP (1/3 of the games). And although he doesn't start v. LHP, Griffey still gets pinch hitting oportunities late in games.

Thome's getting 1/3 of the games at first base (1/2 the games v. RHP). He plays the rest of the games at DH. I think the Sox can count on him to play first base every third day or so for the next two months.

Paulie and Swisher each get 1/3 of the games at first as well.

KyWhiSoxFan
08-01-2008, 06:51 PM
WHY!?!?!?!?!?!

Check the official lineup. Ozzie agrees with me. Uribe is playing. At least Uribe can field the position and has a chance to strike out one less time per night than Fields. Fields is a K machine. You can't hit for power if you can't hit the ball.

35th and Shields
08-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Uribe had two doubles when they placed him in there for Crede against Texas. I don't know. Fields seems to strike out alot, and at least Uribe is a funny guy to see play. :smile:

he'll never cease to amaze me